Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Folks having issues playing online. My broadband is excellent and I’m getting full latency when connecting to matches but when I play I’m getting a lag of sorts but it doesn’t affect my opponent.

The game will freeze for about a second and then go in fast forward to catch up.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Folks having issues playing online. My broadband is excellent and I’m getting full latency when connecting to matches but when I play I’m getting a lag of sorts but it doesn’t affect my opponent.

The game will freeze for about a second and then go in fast forward to catch up.

I’d probably check out other theories before mine, but when that was happening to me and after investigating everything else, it was due to the hard drive in the PS4 dying.

Do you only experience this in FIFA? Or is it other games too? If it’s other games as well, then I’d hedge my bets on that. If not, I’m not entirely sure. Maybe try connecting to the internet via Ethernet cable and see if that helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Would you be wired or wireless Flynn

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Would you be wired or wireless Flynn

Wireless. Very strong internet connection and no other lagging on other games.

I imagine it’s the hard drive giving up. Would it help if freed space anywhere on the PlayStation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Same has been happening me, no problems in any other games, playing on xbox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Wireless. Very strong internet connection and no other lagging on other games.

I imagine it’s the hard drive giving up. Would it help if freed space anywhere on the PlayStation?

Can you try it wired?

It helps alot

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Can you try it wired?

It helps alot

Haven’t got an Ethernet cable long enough. But surely if it was lag it would affect my opponent too?

It’s just strange as have never had issues with any game ever before as internet is very strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Looking for a new striker for my BPL team and torn between Aubameyang or Aguero. What would people recommend? Pace seems to be OP this year, so leaning towards Auba..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Pizzle wrote:
    Looking for a new striker for my BPL team and torn between Aubameyang or Aguero. What would people recommend? Pace seems to be OP this year, so leaning towards Auba..

Auba for sure. Hrs far more impactful than Aguero. You must have coins to burn?
    Can you afford Son?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Neuer has dropped 20k from yesterday for anyone with a bundes team, got him there at 54k.

Could drop even more at 6 with all the packs being opened but happy to take him for that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

New MM up.

Found this out when all 10 of my Rulli sold midcycle, lol.

One needs all silver players, including 2 from the Turkish leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lord TSC wrote: »
    New MM up.

Found this out when all 10 of my Rulli sold midcycle, lol.

One needs all silver players, including 2 from the Turkish leagues.

Fuming at that, I had bought over 100 Turkish league gold players :o

Jamey fut economist tweeted that all potm sbc’s in fifa20 will be independent of each other.

If lewa or pukki for example win potm again you won’t be able to submit the lower version into the new sbc.

I like that they’ve came out and said that from the start. Anyone who completes it knows the score from the start.

Makes me very unlikely to do the lewa sbc though unless he’s very cheap (which I doubt, I reckon it’s 150-200k)

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Jamey fut economist tweeted that all potm sbc’s in fifa20 will be independent of each other.

If lewa or pukki for example win potm again you won’t be able to submit the lower version into the new sbc.

I like that they’ve came out and said that from the start. Anyone who completes it knows the score from the start.

Makes me very unlikely to do the lewa sbc though unless he’s very cheap (which I doubt, I reckon it’s 150-200k)

Don't like the decision but I appreciate that we know in advance.

Don't like the decision but I appreciate that we know in advance.

Me either, if someone has a season like salah in fifa 18 (where you could always use the lower version in new sbc) then you’re stuck with a lower card.

But last year I felt like the people who did the reus sbc got screwed because we had an assumption that you’d be able to use the lower card so yeah at least it’s clear from the start now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Balls, Maguire as my otw pack :(

Liamalone wrote: »

Sarabia for me, 3rd least desirable card for me.

New SBCs with insane requirements, one of them wants an 82 rated team that has to have at least 5 Championship players in it. The highest rated player in the Championship is 78.

Joelinton don't know why I'm surprised ha

Liamalone wrote: »

I've used his normal card a bit during the week. He's slow but not too bad. Upside, cause everyone will sleep on him, he'll be dirt cheap for my United team :P
    ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Joelinton don't know why I'm surprised ha

Same :(

• Advertisement

Lewandowski up as well.

Coming in round 170k currently, which isn't toooo bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Thought it was his brother for a second...

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

RossieMan wrote: »
    Auba for sure. Hrs far more impactful than Aguero. You must have coins to burn?
    Can you afford Son?

Have about 450k coins, so Auba is affordable on PC. Have no idea what to do with them investment wise, so think buying a top, pacey striker might be the best thing to do.

Son would be a good pick, but he's out of my budget right now.

The 86 Veron card was about 400k earlier... Almost went for that to try it.

If any of you missed it, there’s a otw ndombele in the season objectives, quite a few parts to it but 9 days to complete.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    If any of you missed it, there’s a otw ndombele in the season objectives, quite a few parts to it but 9 days to complete.

3 squad battle objectives. Sigh.

I will say though, I like having objectives and goals to work towards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭djan

I really don't get why EA insist on forcing AI gameplay on people. Over the years I find it mind numbingly stupid.

Make the objectives either squad battles or an online mode so everyone can participate!

Small tip, there’s an objective that requires you to buy a stadium, all gold stadiums are insta selling at 300 and all bronze insta selling at 200.

Handy few coins for anyone as we all have multiple stadiums in our clubs, especially those that do bpm

djan wrote: »
    I really don't get why EA insist on forcing AI gameplay on people. Over the years I find it mind numbingly stupid.

Make the objectives either squad battles or an online mode so everyone can participate!

100% agree. I detest having to play AI now. At the best of times, it's clunky and unpredictable. At the worst, it feels like the AI will straight up cheat. Just can't be bothered with it at all. Way, way, WAY prefer playing actual people, who can make mistakes.

Half way through my second squad battles match..

This would put ya to sleep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Managed to get the crossing squad battle goal for ndombele through sheer force of will by spamming crosses on semi pro difficulty. It was like that United match against Fulham where they broke the record for crosses in a match and twice as boring :pac:

Going to need some bronze teams in my refreshes to get the world class wins.
    Anybody do the advanced sbcs ? I know the new one is expensive but I'm up to 60k coins and thinking of doing at least two of them while players are still worth a lot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement