Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got Winter Florenzi as one of the 4 rare golds in my twitch pack and then got alisson in the player pick so happy with that. Wish he was tradeable as I'd rather the 100k but can't complain I guess.

The cynic in me wonders if they buff the pack weight for promotion packs like these because I haven't packed a 100k player in months.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Got Winter Florenzi as one of the 4 rare golds in my twitch pack and then got alisson in the player pick so happy with that. Wish he was tradeable as I'd rather the 100k but can't complain I guess.

The cynic in me wonders if they buff the pack weight for promotion packs like these because I haven't packed a 100k player in months.

I connected my twitch account but don't see the free pack anywhere.

Mr Moon wrote: »

Did you claim it from the twitch loot store ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,762 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I really hope they have some fun with this Shapeshifters stuff

2vIvNu6.png

Did you claim it from the twitch loot store ?

This is something I've never heard of before :pac:

I'll go look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Jesus I am getting battered in FUT Champions, started off with one of my better starts but have lost the last 5 or 6 in a row and I'd say I've only scored 1 or 2 goals across those games. Two games where I barely even had a shot and got smashed 5-0. Is it just the time of weekend or something that this is when a lot of the serious gamers are playing or is it because I had a decent start I'm being put up against super players? Every game I keep saying surely they will pair me up against someone more my level but nope, another baiting. Frustrating!

It's just the same players over and over again

ERQrne4UwAAtKK_?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Apparently over half of the people who claimed it never got it. They’re working on a solution :)
    Same goes for me.

Fairly meh tbh. Do like the look of that objective Acuna and might try out my untradable florenzi now that I got a loan version of center back Kondogbia.

It's starting to feel like there's only 50 players that get cycled through for special cards though.

Plus it'd be better if they just let us have lf/rf to striker position changes instead of releasing a brand new card for messi and ben yedder. It's ridiculous that you can play a cdm at striker on full chem but move a winger into the center and he loses chem.

Can we be done with PSG CBs now?

GYDmIiV.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lovely jubbly, a promo that I can completly ignore. Can work on finishing my Future Star guys.

I might work on Acuna simultaniously, not by focusing on it but because his objectives are pretty basic. But I also already have his Xmas card. Why not give us a different Portugese card to work into teams that have already been doing most of the cards from that league.

lol, there's pictures on Reddit of people who managed to list their POTM Sane and Aubamyang cards.

Apparently they quick sold them, couldn't recover them through the recovery function, asked EA to recover the cards instead, and EA gave them back as tradeable versions.

Fairly meh tbh. Do like the look of that objective Acuna

definitely doing that. Now I can have Acuna and Di Maria in the same team instead of sacrificing one of them. Happy days.

These cards came out 4 weeks apart

76ND1zD.png

Started snapping up all the Tolisso cards from Bayern for 1.7-2.5k.
    As the cheapest player for Bayern he should jump a bit for next weeks CL match vs Lyon. Same for Giroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Over in states at the moment but couldn’t help logging in, carrasco is at 6k +, winner winner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Over in states at the moment but couldn’t help logging in, carrasco is at 6k +, winner winner :)

I’m letting a good few go at 6500 but still wondering if it will climb

I’m still selling them at 9100 :D

Today's new content is an overpriced la liga shapeshifter cdm so this promo continues to be meh.

Been fairly lucky with rage quits in rivals so only need 3 more wins with goals from Martinez to get Acuna.

Have 400k in coins as well as my stockpile of 87 fodder. Tempted to get Van Dijk since I'm still using 84 Hernandez at center back but I'm only 20k xp short of 88 Akanji.

Blazer wrote: »
    Started snapping up all the Tolisso cards from Bayern for 1.7-2.5k.
    As the cheapest player for Bayern he should jump a bit for next weeks CL match vs Lyon. Same for Giroud.

Are you getting their CL cards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Just noticed that Zagreb were beaten last weekend. Will have to wait another few weeks for that upgraded Orsic.

Are you getting their CL cards?

about half and half. I picked up about 20 of them last night for around 750-850 coins before someone else started getting in on the action.
    It's the best thing about working weekend nights in that I can generally make 300-500k in trading if work is quiet and I'm pushed :)

Ouch... One of the best players just called the game out as unrewarding and unenjoyable live and that no one at the event is actually enjoying it. Bloody sweet.
    It’s obviously getting really bad when this happens.
    Be interesting to see what EA do.

https://twitter.com/Tantei_7/status/1231295753387155462?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Blazer wrote: »
    Ouch... One of the best players just called the game out as unrewarding and unenjoyable live and that no one at the event is actually enjoying it. Bloody sweet.
    It’s obviously getting really bad when this happens.
    Be interesting to see what EA do.

https://twitter.com/Tantei_7/status/1231295753387155462?s=20

810 are talking about this tweet.

I am not even sure what he is talking about tbh.

wonski wrote: »
    810 are talking about this tweet.

I am not even sure what he is talking about tbh.

He's through to the semi-final of an EA fifa competition and basically saying every competitor who's there (these guys are the best in the word at fifa) hate playing the game as its so unrewarding.
    They even rose up the volume of the in game applause to try and drown him out but it still came through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

First game of rivals in a few weeks........is bringing your keeper out for you now one of the scripted AI events!?

Player through down the wing and my keeper runs 15 yards off his line before retreating but gets lobbed by that stage obviously. Thought the game was enough of a coin flip as it was :D complete mess

Chelsea vs Bayern next Tuesday so I reckon the likes of french players will go up.
    Cheapest Bayern player is Tolisso and with them playing Chelsea leads to Giroud who can be picked up for 750-1000 coins.
    Add in some other french players like Ndombele and Zouma and you could make nice profit I imagine.
    How the hell do people get more than 150 cards. Ive maxed out my transfer list and my transfer targets so that only leaves me 150 cards.
    I'm trying to go all in as I've 500k left to invest.

ah...

step 1: fill up transfer list and transfer targets. now you have 150.

step 2: go on console, go to transfer targets, assign all. now you have 0 in transfer targets and 50 in unassigned pile.

step 3: fill up transfer targets again.

step 4: repeat step 3 and 4 as long as you like.

unassigned pile can contain as many players as you want, but will only display 50.

So if you want you can invest in a 1000 cards.

Got shapeshifter mertens and holy **** its some card. Only 240k as well.
    I could get Savic from the season rewards and also fit in CR7 with Mertens.
    That would do me for 3 months really until tots comes and sure our whole team will change then.

6-11 with my United team (two losses being ones where something came up and I had to leave early, and a few others being games I was "rage quitting" because I was very short on time this weekend).

Attack wise, it's massively fun. Greenwood is awesome. I had read that he feels as if he has some unique animations and I can see why people feel it. I think it's more that he's a taller, lanky striker but its like his animations are for smaller, more agile guys. He makes great runs, has awesome finishing and is physical and fast. Likewise, Bruno is an assist machine with a wicked shot, AND I managed to score two free kicks with him (after only scoring one all year so far). Those two are staying. In the six games I won, most of them were by four or five goal margins. Especially when I brought James on at the end of games to take advantage of people trying to mount comebacks.

Obvious issue is defense. Maguire is amazing IF you don't need to rely on his speed, but that requires playing a super deep line. He made some incredible tackles and blocks but his 58 pace just means you've got to play a super safe defensive game a lot of the tme. Likewise, Shaw bombs up and down the field but there's an obvious weakness every time he came up against pacy wingers, and if someone brought on Adama or Kent at the end, he was just constantly getting burned.

Scholes and Keane are solid but I didn't notice them much, so can't say much either way.

Going to keep Greenwood and Bruno, maybe bring back Prime RVN and use my better overall team during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

For everyone on here, do you play drop back with 1 depth in defence?
    I’m playing at 4 depth and just balanced for defence.
    Should I do drop back and 1 depth??
    I’m only a div 7 at the moment and I’d be a poor player compared to most here.

Struggling for enjoyment at the moment and for wins this weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement