Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

AShearer93 wrote: »
    Which is the best formation for Ultimate Team, I play a 4-2-3-1. But seem limited in attack, despite having Mane and Salah on the wings.

4-4-2 is really good now. Have strikers on get in behind and come back on defence to make your team more compact. RM and LM get into the box for cross, CMs cover centre and the more defensive one stay back on attack. Full-backs stay back on attack too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Sweet, all my UCL cards all sold , up about 400k profit.
    Damn I should have picked up about a thousand of them. I could have gotten Cruyff etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Had about 70 of them in my trade pile, and 13 sold already. Awesome.

Lol, I’ve never had a silver IF walkout before. Had no clue what was happening, but thought I’d packed an Icon when the walls and pyro was white and silver. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Blazer wrote: »
    Sweet, all my UCL cards all sold , up about 400k profit.
    Damn I should have picked up about a thousand of them. I could have gotten Cruyff etc.

Finally they’ve paid off :pac: been ages ago since I suggested to pick them up... have 50 just sold and now waiting for my 83s to cash out. Already sold my Gueye today for 4k each, bought for 1.2k.

Might actually pick up more fodder again.. 83s, 84s and 85s all so cheap atm, even the popular ones.

• Advertisement

Finally they’ve paid off :pac: been ages ago since I suggested to pick them up... have 50 just sold and now waiting for my 83s to cash out. Already sold my Gueye today for 4k each, bought for 1.2k.

Might actually pick up more fodder again.. 83s, 84s and 85s all so cheap atm, even the popular ones.

Yeah it was you who said it that the matches were coming up so worth investing. I’d be picking them up for the next round as well.

Damn I definitely bailed too early on Giroud. His ucl card is hitting 5k now.
    I’d have made another 200k if I had sat tight. Ah well lesson learnt for next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yeah it was you who said it that the matches were coming up so worth investing. I’d be picking them up for the next round as well.

Damn I definitely bailed too early on Giroud. His ucl card is hitting 5k now.
    I’d have made another 200k if I had sat tight. Ah well lesson learnt for next time.

Got a bit worried there last week when they changed it to “Rare gold or UCL rare”, thought they were going with this new format. Luckily redeemed this week! Will be picking up a good few more when they come back down, easy coins.

So, this weeks IFs were put into packs early for a bit. Fixed now, but obviously it’s mostly leaked.

Bruno, Alba, Lewandowski, Kolorov, Koke. Looks a decently strong line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,762 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

No Messi in the TOTW despite scoring 4 goals at the weekend because he's in the Shapeshifters squad. Just another flaw of TOTW and having red picks as a major WL reward, players should have a chance at a red Messi this week but because EA arbitrarily chose him for a promo team they don't. Either put him in the TOTW anyway....or better yet include promo cards in red picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Made a nice profit on all my UCL cards last night. All my Girouds & Zoumas bought for 900-1.1 sold for at least 6 k aside from the first few I had listed at 2.5. Also helped sift the few Milners & Aoaurs I had left from last week.

• Advertisement

Hmm.

I'm working out what to do with the weekend, and what squad to play.

I sold Bruno on Monday because while I was enjoying him, I didn't feel I was "750k enjoying him", if that makes sense. Plus I made a decent profit on him by buying when the SBC dropped for Winter Refresh cards and then selling once he left packs (he might drop again now that he's getting an IF too. At the very least, his IF won't be massively different).

I'm wondering if I take a hit on Greenwood, Scholes and Keane (I'd probably lose a good 100k on all three combined, due to price drop and tax) and build something with RVN (who I felt was as good as Greenwood but half the price) up front, and still have a good 2m to spend on a LW and possibly a second striker.

Anyone use Moments Sane? I'd say I could do him for about 200k right now, and his pace looks fun.

Hmm.

If I sell Greenwood and Scholes, I'd have about 2m coins.

If I go for nostalgia, I can grab FS Malen and FS Martinez (the CDM), use my Moments Ziyech (who is a 95 CAM, and I've never even tried him), and still have a solid 1.8m left. Maybe could even go all out with that to try and grab Mid Maradonna or a player of that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,762 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Hasn't been a new SBC added to the Players tab since that Moments Sane on January 21st, it's nearly March now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sweet. Started a game there against a guy with an all bronze team, all players out of position. Expected him to quit immediately, but instead, he kept moving his keeper out f the way, and let me bang in eight goals first.

Got three objectives for Odergaard and 2 for Osimhen done. Nice to see not everyone is a toxic player, lol

Opposite happened to me last night, bronze team, games starts, quits straight away!!
    Hmm.

I'm working out what to do with the weekend, and what squad to play.

I sold Bruno on Monday because while I was enjoying him, I didn't feel I was "750k enjoying him", if that makes sense. Plus I made a decent profit on him by buying when the SBC dropped for Winter Refresh cards and then selling once he left packs (he might drop again now that he's getting an IF too. At the very least, his IF won't be massively different).

I'm wondering if I take a hit on Greenwood, Scholes and Keane (I'd probably lose a good 100k on all three combined, due to price drop and tax) and build something with RVN (who I felt was as good as Greenwood but half the price) up front, and still have a good 2m to spend on a LW and possibly a second striker.

Anyone use Moments Sane? I'd say I could do him for about 200k right now, and his pace looks fun.

Are you saying Sane can be done for 200k now?? :o
    Tempted to do this now.

Any other tips for the market?? Feel I could've made more from Giroud!

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Opposite happened to me last night, bronze team, games starts, quits straight away!!

Are you saying Sane can be done for 200k now?? :o
    Tempted to do this now.

Any other tips for the market?? Feel I could've made more from Giroud!

Bronze quitters happen all the time, sadly :/ Thats why that game stood out.

Futbin says Sane is about 380k right now, but I've got a tonne of untradeables I never use. Ramos, Kane, Auba, etc. They'd shave a chunk off Sane if I used them, so I think I could personally do him for 200k.

Moments Sane is supposed to be excellent. The one time I came up against him he destroyed me but thank god most people didn’t do him.
    I am very tempted to do him but this locks me into EPL whereas my squad is currently a epl/lique1/Dutch hybrid and it also leaves me open to running CR7 and LW Mertens if I go for that Savic storyline card so I’m hesitant to do it.

Speaking of storyline which player are most going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Moments Sane is supposed to be excellent. The one time I came up against him he destroyed me but thank god most people didn’t do him.
    I am very tempted to do him but this locks me into EPL whereas my squad is currently a epl/lique1/Dutch hybrid and it also leaves me open to running CR7 and LW Mertens if I go for that Savic storyline card so I’m hesitant to do it.

Hoping to get Kovacic but not sure I'll make the points. His normal gold was good at the start of the game and he's a Chelsea player... no brainer for me

hots wrote: »
    Hoping to get Kovacic but not sure I'll make the points. His normal gold was good at the start of the game and he's a Chelsea player... no brainer for me

How far off are you?
    I’m 16.5k so with 2 weeks left I’m hoping I have enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

How far off are you?
    I’m 16.5k so with 2 weeks left I’m hoping I have enough.

Double that, so fairly slim chance I'd say... And that's with my rattling through the UCL ones last night

I'm going with Akanji, I love my Budesliga team and need a decent CB for them!

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I'm going with Akanji, I love my Budesliga team and need a decent CB for them!

Yeah I need to decide between Kovavic who would suit my team perfectly or Savic who looks fantastic.
    Ah well I have 2 weeks to make my mind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I might just miss out on the storyline choices, need 75k yet lol. Just not grinding anymore.

14k left, but was doing a little grinding this week to grab some packs with the promo on.

Still the Icon objectives to do too, so I'd say I'll easily hit it. Probably grab Savic as the best all round impact player.

I've had some great luck lately in the daily packs.

Got David Silva, Sterling and tonight I got shapeshifter Gueye. Not bad fodder :)

Just completed Acuna and his shapeshifters card is a nice upgrade of his futmas one.
    Long shots are incredible.
    I loved his futmas card but using Acuna forces me to continue using Guardiola as CDM.
    Might just do the icon swaps for baby Rijkaard and use him instead. I don’t want to waste coins on a CDM

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

I don't want to alarm anyone but I'm afraid rangers won in the europa league today ... Those Kents are going to be a nightmare to play against 😭😭😭

Just completed Acuna and his shapeshifters card is a nice upgrade of his futmas one.
    Long shots are incredible.
    I loved his futmas card but using Acuna forces me to continue using Guardiola as CDM.
    Might just do the icon swaps for baby Rijkaard and use him instead. I don’t want to waste coins on a CDM

Just need two more goals with Agureo and I’ll have Acuna then.

Tempted to do an Argentinian team. Messi, Agureo, DiMaria up front, Acuna and Battaglia in midfield.

Just need two more goals with Agureo and I’ll have Acuna then.

Tempted to do an Argentinian team. Messi, Agureo, DiMaria up front, Acuna and Battaglia in midfield.

Yeah I would have loved to have Messi but I already have Bernardo Silva’s moments card which is amazing for me at CAM. I actually found him better than NIF Messi as way more stamina and people tend to ignore him lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Bronze quitters happen all the time, sadly :/ Thats why that game stood out.
    I've experienced this a few times as well. What's the point? Like are they joining game after game hoping they will be drawn against another bronze team?

Akanji. My main team is EPL so Kovacic was first choice but he's not going to displace Essien or TOTGS KDB so Akanji be handy for next set of Icon Objectives.

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    I've experienced this a few times as well. What's the point? Like are they joining game after game hoping they will be drawn against another bronze team?

Nah, it’s either a fitness team (where they put their main team on the bench, and quit quickly so they can get back to their now rested main team), or it’s deliberately getting losses so they can do objectives in lower divisions. They start up the games with zero intentions of playing them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement