Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

That sbc challenge requirement is retarded.

Min 8 silvers.

Min 11 rare or UEFA CL rare....

Whoever wrote it down and thought that made sense should think again about their career. Because it is just dumb.

It's like they think we are retarded, not them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

There seems to be a consensus that EA monitor users buying habits etc and that if a user who hasn’t bought packs in at least a month or indeed new accounts tend to get a higher pack weight in rewards or buying packs.
    Seeing as it’s been 2 months since I bought packs I decided today to nab an ultimate pack

E2-AAFCE6-5-CFE-459-D-948-A-CECE3-C331-D8-E.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Jeez, I haven't bought a pack in donkeys. Not going to feed EA and take a punt on that logic, knowing my luck I'd buy a pack and it would end up full of untradeables lol.

Played three games of WL earlier, got a rare players pack for hitting 100 WL wins. Opened it an hour ago, got 10 duplicates out of 12, all of the ten I already had untradeable so I'm stuck with them and no decent sbc's to rinse them through.

I have a free weekend and will aim for 17 wins, if I don't get MaraFeckingDona as one of my red picks I'll be killing dead things!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Decided to play this wl to give 90 Werner a proper go.

Won my first match 6-2. Was 2-0 up in the 2nd within 20 mins when the obvious shift in gameplay happened.

The other guy scored two goals within 20 mins from a mess of ankles in my box leaving him a tap in, then a third early in the second half after davinson sanchez caught up to Werner and launched a world class through ball to Adama Traore who walked straight into my goalkeeper but still scored somehow.

To top it off he spent the rest of the match time wasting and when I cut him open in the last minute future stars Osimhen hit the post :rolleyes: I'd be raging if I wasn't used to it.

On the plus side shapeshifter acuna is a great box to box cm. He's been much better than scream milner who was valued at 250k at one point by EA :pac:

Played my first game. Future Felix is up front and I’m cursing my luck. Fortunately I don't think the guy knew how good he actually is because he never gave him the ball bar once in the whole match so I won easily.
    Second guy had baby Henry, Eusebio and 90 Werner. He decides to play Eusebio out wide lol letting me win easily. What a waste of two great players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone else not able to play FIFA? Booting into UT and within a few seconds, crashes and gives me an error screen. On PS4... some people are saying it’s only Virgin Media ISP users with the problem, but I’m on Eir.

EDIT: seems it’s a known issue by EA... think it’s something to do with the content they released @ 6PM and certain ISPs not being able to reach their servers or some ****.. ffs. Every week there’s new problems, was hoping to finish off the grind for Odegaard + others whilst I got free time tonight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,762 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It's Friday night, I'm just trying to get some objectives done, what the fcuk are you doing in Rivals instead of WL with a team like this?

t9gWGuC.png

It's Friday night, I'm just trying to get some objectives done, what the fcuk are you doing in Rivals instead of WL with a team like this?

t9gWGuC.png

Maybe he already played his 30 games ;)

Can't even load that image here. Must be huge team :)

wonski wrote: »
    Maybe he already played his 30 games ;)

Can't even load that image here. Must be huge team :)

Bloody hell thats some team.

Did a little jigging around..brought back in CR7 and added Nainggolan and Mertens as well as De Bruyne.
    Now I could complete the league sbc for Tonali....by all accounts he'd be way better than Guardiola?? and it would still give me full chem on everyone.
    In game it switches to 4231 with CR7 at ST and Mertens/De Bruyne/Silva as CAMs behind him.

Capture.png

#In game switching

Capture.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Maybe went into Rivals by mistake, I did that yesterday, won a thriller 8-6 only to realise it was Rivals and not WL lol.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Maybe went into Rivals by mistake, I did that yesterday, won a thriller 8-6 only to realise it was Rivals and not WL lol.

happens to us all...you're thinking **** yeah what a match but at least I won in the end and then it comes up with your rival points...:mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone else not able to play FIFA? Booting into UT and within a few seconds, crashes and gives me an error screen. On PS4... some people are saying it’s only Virgin Media ISP users with the problem, but I’m on Eir.

EDIT: seems it’s a known issue by EA... think it’s something to do with the content they released @ 6PM and certain ISPs not being able to reach their servers or some ****.. ffs. Every week there’s new problems, was hoping to finish off the grind for Odegaard + others whilst I got free time tonight :pac:

Still having this issue.

Frustratingly, because it’s not the entire Fifa base, there’s not much info on it.

I’m on Eir efibre.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I started using DeGea again instead of Alisson and it seems he has improved since I last used him, or is he just better than Alisson? Went and used Alisson in a SBC for Sane.

For the first time in Fifa20 I have got into Division 5 using my 442 formation.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I started using DeGea again instead of Alisson and it seems he has improved since I last used him, or is he just better than Alisson? Went and used Alisson in a SBC for Sane.

For the first time in Fifa20 I have got into Division 5 using my 442 formation.

you could stick my dog in goals and he'd be better than Alisson.
    He's by far the worst keeper..

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Still having this issue.

Frustratingly, because it’s not the entire Fifa base, there’s not much info on it.

I’m on Eir efibre.

could be dns related??
    Try going google or open dns entries in your router instead of default.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Tried to play a game last night. Attempting to check the objectives tile crashes the game. On Eir. Got one game in before it happened and nothing has changed with the see-saw AI anyway I see :pac:

Still having this issue.

I’m on Eir efibre.

Yeah, I haven’t tried it yet but according to the FIFA forum, changing DNS works for some people. EA always **** up somewhere, don’t they :pac:

Yeah, I haven’t tried it yet but according to the FIFA forum, changing DNS works for some people. EA always **** up somewhere, don’t they :pac:

I'm not thrilled with the thoughts of messing up my entire internet up to fix the issue, but how would someone go about changing the DNS safely?

Edit. Never mind, it’s Xbox specific, not the entire system. Googled it.

Changed to OpenDNS and still not working.

Edit two. Google doesn’t work either.

I'm not thrilled with the thoughts of messing up my entire internet up to fix the issue, but how would someone go about changing the DNS safely?

Edit. Never mind, it’s Xbox specific, not the entire system. Googled it.

Changed to OpenDNS and still not working.

Edit two. Google doesn’t work either.

I haven’t tried it yet, will update if it works on PS.. not a fan of having to jump through hoops to play the game as well :pac: EA have gone cold on the issue since acknowledging it yesterday evening too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,762 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

84s are now below 2k, something seriously needs to be done about this market

Restocked this morning on all my Pickfords, Iniestas, Hallers and UCL rares.

****in hell.. 83s all at discard, 85s at 5k. Unreal.

****in hell.. 83s all at discard, 85s at 5k. Unreal.

The joys of getting rid of Icon SBCs, and the utterly never-ending promos.

There's very little reason to do the likes of Zakaria, for instance, unless you're running a Bundesliga team and specifically want him.

There's such an abundance of special cards that are so easily obtainable now that there's very little value in base cards as actual players. And chances are next week, there'll be new promo players even more ridiculously over powered than the one you can get right now.

And with never ending promos means never ending packs being opened, driving the prices down even more.

When top tier SBCs do come out, they require such crazy SBC teams that 81-84s are too low to use.

Icon SBCs used to need 83, 84, 85 teams, so those cards retained some value.

Went from 1-1 to 5-1 to 6-3. Lost one match to a 120th winner from a subbed on cr7 which was annoying.

Had 402k coins when I was having a look around the market and impulsively picked up a fresh prime Rush for 400k. Going to try him up top with Werner and use Barnes as my cam. Worse case scenario I sell him for a loss of 30-40k :o.

Managed to get on by spamming the RB as it loaded into Utimate Team menu.

Nearly finished Tonalli now, got back Ter Stegen , UCL Modric, Matuidi and Savic so about 120k back so far.

Icon SBCs used to need 83, 84, 85 teams, so those cards retained some value.

I miss the rare bronze part of those sbc's.

Used to make small fortune on these.

First game with rush he scores 2 goals and I'm up 4-1 inside 20 mins. Guy brings on loan prime icon Blanc and loan prime icon moment henry and wins 5-4 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Managed to get on by spamming the RB as it loaded into Utimate Team menu.

Got it working. Switched to a different DNS.

Primary: 1.1.1.1
    Secondary: 1.0.0.1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement