Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Of anybody is thinking of buy points...

Bought 4600 tonight and best I got was OTW brandt....

Unreal waste of money

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I bought Felipe Anderson yesterday evening to help with the premier league part of the ndombele objective and he’s really tempting me to switch to a premier league team permanently.
    Especially when I get the ndombele card, it’s a nice starter card.

I do really like Werner too so I’ll see which way to go for first weekend league

Here’s a few q&a’s about fifa 20 so far,

For fut, they said the rivals and squad battles points not showing was an oversight and they’re working on it.

No plans at the moment to make headers more effective.

They’re looking at keepers and that’ll be addressed in first patch in next 2 weeks

Really like how open they’re being at the start, hope they keep it up

https://twitter.com/doonansndragons/status/1177797351131344897?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Folks having issues playing online. My broadband is excellent and I’m getting full latency when connecting to matches but when I play I’m getting a lag of sorts but it doesn’t affect my opponent.

The game will freeze for about a second and then go in fast forward to catch up.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

Same here mine is wired and seems to mostly happen on ultimate team ps4 but not as bad in seasons. All other games are OK including fifa 19. Only thing I can think of is my HD is nearly full but Internet is fine I'm on virgin media.

Any1 use Harry Kane yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I bought Felipe Anderson yesterday evening to help with the premier league part of the ndombele objective and he’s really tempting me to switch to a premier league team permanently.

I'm not far off myself.

I've got 500k in the bank now to spend, so am thinking I might just build a basic PL team, grab Pukki too, and just start focusing on hoarding coins for some Icons or the likes, plugging gaps with PL players i know.

Grabbing Maguire now, for instance. Will probably grab AWB too, but wonder when he'll be at his cheapest. Have a fun little United team, at least until we move towards weekend league time.

Man, I really don't want to get sucked into IF trading, but seeing 84s going for near discard is forcing me to grab a few :P

I haven't started trading yet.. Don't know if I will either... Took a lot of time last year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm not far off myself.

I've got 500k in the bank now to spend, so am thinking I might just build a basic PL team, grab Pukki too, and just start focusing on hoarding coins for some Icons or the likes, plugging gaps with PL players i know.

Grabbing Maguire now, for instance. Will probably grab AWB too, but wonder when he'll be at his cheapest. Have a fun little United team, at least until we move towards weekend league time.

Man, I really don't want to get sucked into IF trading, but seeing 84s going for near discard is forcing me to grab a few :P

Is the thinking on IF trading to hang onto them for a while until they’re out of packs or is it better to sell them while they’re still hot?

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Is the thinking on IF trading to hang onto them for a while until they’re out of packs or is it better to sell them while they’re still hot?

Little bit of everything.

I've detailed this before, but my main trading method is basically just buying cards, listing them at a higher price, and relisting over and over and over until they sell.

IFs have the advantage of the fact that once they leave packs, their prices do raise naturally. But like all cards, they will still have lazy buyers who buy without proper research. If an SBC drops that needs IF cards, their prices will bump too. And since their discard price tends to be round the 10k mark, you can get relatively risk free investments.

At the same time, they are a lot slower to move than normal cards. Its basically a slower method that relies on a jackpot (an SBC dropping that needs IFs). When that jackpot happens, you probably make a few hundred thousand instantly. But it takes a lot of investment, and wasn't as good as normal Rare gold trading for the last two years over a longer stretch.

I'm not far off myself.

Yeah I’m kind of the same, I don’t want to spend stupid money on players who will plummet in price in a few weeks so I’ll try get by with cheaper options and just save and trade until I can get meta players.
    Saint maxim could get a otw sbc today too (it’ll be him or militao) so if that’s cheap I’ll complete him but my concern with him would be his potential for IF’s in that Newcastle team, remember last year there was a gelson martins otw sbc which cost around 75k and he never got one upgrade.

I’d be concerned using maguire that you’d get crucified by pacy players, the likes of joe Gomez is very cheap but if maguire suits your game obviously go for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Completed all of hybrid league SBCs - packed nothing. Then opened my OTW and got Maguire. I think I used all my pack luck for the year already...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I've detailed this before, but my main trading method is basically just buying cards, listing them at a higher price, and relisting over and over and over until they sell.

I've been having huge returns with this on cheap players, find a player that sells for 1200, mass bid around 800 to fill your trade pile, list them all for 1600 and I'm selling 10+ an hour.

All objectives complete for ndombele bar I need assists with midfielders in 2 more games.

It’s easy enough combine objectives, like I started with a ligue 1 team including 2 French players, as soon as I scored twice I brought on pukki and Felipe Anderson, got another goal with a prem player so ticking off 3 of the objectives in one go.

Ndombele goal so be nice if he got an instant IF although spurs down to 10 now

Saint maxim requires a 84 and 85 squad so probably around 110k to 120k??

Bit steep at this stage, you really are gambling on him getting a couple of informs but really not sure with him being a Newcastle player.

If he scores a brace tomorrow I’ll do it.

Even if Saint Maximin gets 3 IFs this year his 3IF wouldn't even cost the price of this SBC.

Even if Saint Maximin gets 3 IFs this year his 3IF wouldn't even cost the price of this SBC.

Yeah the more I look at him versus cards at that price it’s shocking value.

You’d be gambling on packing something good and him getting 2 IF’s in next 2 months or so.

It’s a shame, 50k would’ve been a good price

Can't complain about the Pulisic SBC though, 11 random bronze players and it got me this

Screenshot-2019-09-28-at-18-28-51.png

I've been using IF Maddison a bit today and he's the first CAM I've really liked so far. Not fast, but nimble, with a wicked through pass. Have him feeding in Pukki and Vardy, and having fun.

Bernardo Silva has been brilliant too from RM, and I'm loving AWB at RB.

Fraiser and IF Creswell on the other hand aren't impressing at all.

Maxium looks a player I'd kill for if I was a Newcastle fan, but I don't see much appeal outside of that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

IFs have the advantage of the fact that once they leave packs, their prices do raise naturally. But like all cards, they will still have lazy buyers who buy without proper research. If an SBC drops that needs IF cards, their prices will bump too. And since their discard price tends to be round the 10k mark, you can get relatively risk free investments.

At the same time, they are a lot slower to move than normal cards. Its basically a slower method that relies on a jackpot (an SBC dropping that needs IFs). When that jackpot happens, you probably make a few hundred thousand instantly. But it takes a lot of investment, and wasn't as good as normal Rare gold trading for the last two years over a longer stretch.

Thanks. I’ve had a decent run selling low value gold/silvers all week and built around 180k from scratch, team is a poor enough 81 Bundesliga outfit though. It’s time consuming and not something I could do all the time so trying to figure out a way of making a similar margin on a smaller amount of cards to reduce the amount of time spent buying to replenish the trade pile.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

His first IF will be 83/84 and will be amazing. If he gets an IF that is. His 2nd IF would be 86 and would be worth 200k +. Not sure of your sums?

The problem is the chance of him getting an IF is fairly slim one would imagine given Newcastle's form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Jesus lads, moved to the UK and left the PS4 at home for my brother, so had to buy a new one. Bought one in CEX for £170 and went home, not working at all. I assumed it was the connection from PS4 to PC monitor and I bought the wrong one, so ordered another and it arrived next day.
    That didn’t work either, so returned to CEX and after 1hr30, got a full cash refund.

Went into GAME and bought a brand new one for £220 including FIFA, so sold FIFA for £40 as I already had a pre-order copy. Went home, set it up and turns out it doesn’t work on my monitor for some reason, so now I’ve to find a HDMI TV/monitor... it’s been a long process to play FIFA, so hope when I go to buy a monitor tomorrow, that it actually works on the HDMI connection. Although I can’t see why it won’t :pac:

Got one :cool:
    giphy.gif

Did puki last night because I had a look at some players I had packed and could do him for about 15k plus a few untradables...

Gonns try him up top in a 41212 with Kane and see how he goes, might even throw maddison into cam instead of neves because I've been hearing good things about him

Got one :cool:
    giphy.gif

Wow! That was almost like Ronaldo v Portsmouth

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

Need help ,doing my head in all night
    My son has taken over my ultimate team and I cant seem to create another team
    Does anybody know how to create a second team ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭Guffy

oleard1987 wrote: »
    Need help ,doing my head in all night
    My son has taken over my ultimate team and I cant seem to create another team
    Does anybody know how to create a second team ?

Think you need to use a different profile. 2nd xbox live membership, pain in the h***

But if anyone has a work around id love to hear it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Finally lads. Picked up a cheap £20 Samsung monitor off some guy on Facebook marketplace and hooked it up to the PS4. We have light! Now downloading all updates etc and I should be ready to play FIFA in the next 30mins - 1hr :D

Ndomble done...

Not as bad as I first thought it was going to be

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Ndomble done...

Not as bad as I first thought it was going to be

The main thing putting me off is the whole Squad Battles on WC difficulty bit. Just seems a massive pain to dedicate time to something I hate for a player I might never use.

• Advertisement

The main thing putting me off is the whole Squad Battles on WC difficulty bit. Just seems a massive pain to dedicate time to something I hate for a player I might never use.

It's not that bad, an hour of boring gameplay and if you do it today Squad Battles rewards are out tonight so you'll get a couple packs and coins too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement