Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

That'd be a perfect icon to have a stand alone sbc for but instead it'll just be added to packs as usual.

I hope they release something to drive up the price of fodder as it feels like I've been holding my 87s for ages at this stage.

Hopefully returns as an Icon SBC... maybe too hopeful of EA though :pac: their deleted tweet about him was in relation to Copa Libertadores, I think.

In the EA tweet it says in packs now so no sbc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/fcpqhf/uh_lads_new_icon/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Gyan84 wrote: »
    In the EA tweet it says in packs now so no sbc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/fcpqhf/uh_lads_new_icon/

Can’t be right. He’s not even in the database yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Blazer wrote: »
    Can’t be right. He’s not even in the database yet.

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1234787202497945600?s=21

FUT Watch confirmed now.. all descriptions for Riquelme.

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1234787202497945600?s=21

FUT Watch confirmed now.. all descriptions for Riquelme.

So he might be in for icon swaps or an sbc maybe.
    Can’t see Riquelme driving up pack sales but then again EA are pure deluded enough to think this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It’s a sad state of affairs when you have 1.4 million and no matter who you buy it doesn’t make a blind bit of difference.

I'm really struggling with this right now.

Have 2.7m in the bank and reluctant to spend because no matter who I buy, I always end up with 14 wins.

Every weekend, I'm trying new "top" cards (Messi, Neymar, loads of 1m level players) and never find they actually elevate my game.

I really, really miss last year where 2.7m would have been enough to do the Gullit or R9 SBCs. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,762 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

They're adding a bunch of new average Icons so that they can fill out Batch 3 of Icon Swaps without having to give us a chance at any of the top tier ones, aren't they?

They're adding a bunch of new average Icons so that they can fill out Batch 3 of Icon Swaps without having to give us a chance at any of the top tier ones, aren't they?

Ohhh **** didn’t actually think of this... 100% that’s what they’re doing. At minimum, should be mid icons up to like 11 tokens then the rest prime.

I'd be annoyed with anything less than mid icons for the top tier like R9, Gullit, primes for the players one step down like Dalglish and the Prime Icon Moments for the rest.

By the time all the tokens are out it'll be tots and every player will have a 99 rated card because we'll have gone through another 300 promos to make icons worthless.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm really struggling with this right now.

Have 2.7m in the bank and reluctant to spend because no matter who I buy, I always end up with 14 wins.

Every weekend, I'm trying new "top" cards (Messi, Neymar, loads of 1m level players) and never find they actually elevate my game.

I really, really miss last year where 2.7m would have been enough to do the Gullit or R9 SBCs. :/

I was always 14 wins each week. Then last week I got promoted up to division 5 for the first time and got 17 wins at the weekend there. Could be just a coincidence, I certainly haven’t gotten any better at the game in the last few weeks.

• Advertisement

Is that 82-88 rated player SBC new?

Tempted to do a little rinse of the club, since you can use non-rares.

Is that 82-88 rated player SBC new?

Tempted to do a little rinse of the club, since you can use non-rares.

Yep, new one. Reckon mid icon SBC might finally be on its way then? Or some other SBC with high rating.

That would be the absolute end of FIFA then. You’ll be lucky to find a streamer then.
    I’ll be just deleting the game and flogging the Xbox again in that case.

CB4-EF7-EC-C607-496-D-A355-15120-D4-BD33-E.jpg

My draft squad.
    R9 was a huge disappointment, felt very similar to CR7 ie clunky. Himself and Cristy was a huge fail up front together.
    Garrincha felt very good while Petits card really surprised me at how good he was in midfield.
    I was hoping to get Owen as I’ve enough for his moments card, unfortunately my opponent got him and he ripped me apart with a hat trick for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Shapeshifter sbc incoming it looks like, I’d imagine this will be very expensive with the lowest market value of team 2 being raschcia at 100k.

Of course it’s likely to include team 1 too so expect to get gueye!!

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1235038966975324161?s=21

Knowing EA and this past history of ****ups we’ll probably all get Acuna or Batra.

My draft squad.
    R9 was a huge disappointment, felt very similar to CR7 ie clunky. Himself and Cristy was a huge fail up front together.
    Garrincha felt very good while Petits card really surprised me at how good he was in midfield.
    I was hoping to get Owen as I’ve enough for his moments card, unfortunately my opponent got him and he ripped me apart with a hat trick for him.

Just had R9 in a draft too, and yeah, he didn't feel "magic" like I think a player of even 5 million, let alone 15 million, should. At 15m, he should be like a "Mystery Ball - All Stats Boost" player.

Petit, I've really enjoyed too though. Plus he's got nice hair :P

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

got garrincha in a draft thought he was class

Just had R9 in a draft too, and yeah, he didn't feel "magic" like I think a player of even 5 million, let alone 15 million, should. At 15m, he should be like a "Mystery Ball - All Stats Boost" player.

Petit, I've really enjoyed too though. Plus he's got nice hair :P

I’m glad it wasn’t just me.
    They have definitely changed the gameplay for the worse. Two months ago I raved about CR7 and now he feels clunky as hell and hits the bar constantly. I see the same things said about Van Dijk that EA secretly nerfed him as a lot of people now notice that he misses a load of balls and tiny players can bully him off the ball.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Did anyone play last night and notice a difference in the gameplay?

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »

Only played 2 games, no real difference for me, button delay still chronic so stopped playing.

I never used overload ball side but seen some threads on Reddit saying that was completely nerfed, your players will be on yellow stamina by half time if you use it for first 45.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Mr Moon wrote: »

Only one game so can't tell.

But I definitely noticed error message that my eas fc1 catalogue is damaged and can't be used.

Clicking retry didn't help, but quick Google search revealed that hitting cancel will let you play.

Another successful update, wonder what else have the broken now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

seamie78 wrote: »
    got garrincha in a draft thought he was class

Got baby Garrincha in the icon SBC, was a bit miffed originally as I'd literally just got Silva for the right side. Played Garrincha on 8 chem for a good while and no have dropped Silva to the bench altogether, Garrinchas speed/dribbling is excellent.

They broke all the future stars lol.. for your cards stats it just said “data not found across it “ lol. You could still play alright though.
    Grand again today.

Tactics question: Anyone tried Drop Back with a high depth? Clearly bored at work and wondering would it end up with a load of people crammed on the halfway line?

hots wrote: »
    Tactics question: Anyone tried Drop Back with a high depth? Clearly bored at work and wondering would it end up with a load of people crammed on the halfway line?

I got rid of that drop back crap altogether and started playing whole week with press after lost possession or something to that effect.

More fun and got to 14 wins in weekend league with a lot of fun ;)

The stamina doesn't seem to cause me much trouble unless someone realises what's going on.

Full backs are not to stay back, just balanced.

I suggest to try it and see how powerful it is :)

wonski wrote: »
    I got rid of that drop back crap altogether and started playing whole week with press after lost possession or something to that effect.

More fun and got to 14 wins in weekend league with a lot of fun ;)

The stamina doesn't seem to cause me much trouble unless someone realises what's going on.

Full backs are not to stay back, just balanced.

I suggest to try it and see how powerful it is :)

I'm generally on the default or drop back on one notch down from the middle, attacking fullbacks... I was just curious to see how the engine would deal with drop back and a high line, would be ridiculous to see defenders starting high and then bombing backwards one they get into the half or something! :p

I guess there is only one way to find out :)

But I am not doing it ;)

Just noticed I still have 85 Kehrer future stars untradeable in my team.

Will give him a chance instead of Lenglet and see if he's any good.

Dont like the red link between him and Varane, though.

And this is why totw has become fairly redundant,

God awful team. Imagine struggling through all the server issues and downtime last weekend to get an elite finish and see that as your possible rewards, they have to start including promo players for red picks if they’re going to bombard us with promo after promo

https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1235218441474363397?s=21

• Advertisement

Can’t say I didn’t warn ye :)
    I took one look at the weekend results and I was on 9 wins with 12 games remaining and just said to hell with it. Switched to COD.
    No way am I wasting my weekend for those cards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement