Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I genuinely don't want a single one of those in forms.

Normally I'd say I'd get the lowest rated options but since I'm a liverpool fan I'll probably end up with Marcus Alonso and Sarr :o:pac:.

Think I need only one or two more Gold 3s worth of red picks to have enough for the 86+ upgrade so I'll probably do them and then stop all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I genuinely don't want a single one of those in forms.

Normally I'd say I'd get the lowest rated options but since I'm a liverpool fan I'll probably end up with Marcus Alonso and Sarr :o:pac:.

Think I need only one or two more Gold 3s worth of red picks to have enough for the 86+ upgrade so I'll probably do them and then stop all together.

I did one of them and got a choice of 3 86’s,
    Think I’ll hold the rest of my red duds for tots as they’ll be in the red picks then. (Not that you’re guaranteed to get 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

To be fair it isn't EA fault that top players didn't perform.

Pretty sure that if Liverpool hammered Watford the spirit would be completely different.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

wonski wrote: »

Pretty sure that if Liverpool hammered Watford the spirit would be completely different.

Even if you throw a Liverpool player or two in, it’s still an awful, awful batch of cards.

Most weeks, it’s awful but there’s three or four that might be interesting. But that’s horrid. None of them would even make my bench right now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Hogey007 wrote: »
    And this is why totw has become fairly redundant,

God awful team. Imagine struggling through all the server issues and downtime last weekend to get an elite finish and see that as your possible rewards, they have to start including promo players for red picks if they’re going to bombard us with promo after promo

https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1235218441474363397?s=21

That's actually the worst TOTW I've ever seen!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,762 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Orsic had 1 Goal and 2 Assists in a 4-0 win at the weekend but of course they're allergic to giving upgrades to any dynamic card they gave us through objectives.

That TOTW has sapped a fair bit of motivation from me, and I'm sick of being scared to spend all my coins.

So I'm firing this together for the weekend. Going to ignore "drop back" meta, play some sort of balanced game and just fire off long shots all weekend for the lulz. If this doesn't get me 17, I'd say I'll be done for a bit. RVN cause I loved him last time, Shearer and Bergkamp cause I want to try them, and Gatsuo cause I've seen people rave about him.

U2B5W2q.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Lord TSC wrote: »
    That TOTW has sapped a fair bit of motivation from me, and I'm sick of being scared to spend all my coins.

So I'm firing this together for the weekend. Going to ignore "drop back" meta, play some sort of balanced game and just fire off long shots all weekend for the lulz. If this doesn't get me 17, I'd say I'll be done for a bit. RVN cause I loved him last time, Shearer and Bergkamp cause I want to try them, and Gatsuo cause I've seen people rave about him.

U2B5W2q.jpg

Wow!

How does it look in game?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

wonski wrote: »

Mbappe had 2 goals and an assist and motm also.

Those requirements for villa’s trezeguet sbc and the shapeshifters pack!!

Very expensive on both!

• Advertisement

Mbappe had 2 goals and an assist and motm also.

That one I agree with.

I would never seen him in my player picks so I am not too bothered :)

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Wow!

How does it look in game?

Not changing from what you can see.

Might set up a backup tactic with Rooney able to drop into CDM if nessecarily but I tend to be happier not having to change too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Well this has been my favourite day for sbcs. You'd have to be mad to do the Aston Villa moments or the shapeshifter lottery with a guarenteed 91 Rooney available at the same price but all my 87s rose nontheless so I went from just under 400k to 1.18 million :D:D Still have my stock of Lo Celsos and Alcacers to sell too.

Have enough to get toty trent now but might wait to see if he drops a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Kondogia...argh,
    Will give me good links to Ramos alright when I do his sbc. I had his loan card and he was a very solid defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Blazer wrote: »
    Kondogia...argh,
    Will give me good links to Ramos alright when I do his sbc. I had his loan card and he was a very solid defender.

I’m using him and he’s alright. I’ve him ahead of base Ramos.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Cost me 37k to do the shapeshifters sbc (had to buy IF 87 rated Gerard Moreno to complete it) and I got 91 rated Ribery. Didn’t have a clue who it was when I saw the french flag followed by the Fiorentina badge.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Is the shapeshifter tradeable from the sbc

gotthebug wrote: »
    Is the shapeshifter tradeable from the sbc

No.

If it was we would all be millionaires :)

Went with Kovavic and he’s a tasty little player. I dropped Acuna, Di Maria and Guardiola and it was like switching a light on. The difference in how the team played was like night and day.
    Even Vardy tore the guy apart and I played James on the left wing and damn he’s nice.
    Now I need to finish his sbc.

Blazer wrote: »
    Went with Kovavic and he’s a tasty little player. I dropped Acuna, Di Maria and Guardiola and it was like switching a light on. The difference in how the team played was like night and day.
    Even Vardy tore the guy apart and I played James on the left wing and damn he’s nice.
    Now I need to finish his sbc.

James is class for me. I play him with Butragueno as a second striker and he does the job well.

His passing is not great, but I was surprised to see how good he is. Not as an RW, though. I just switch formation in game with James becoming ST and Nedved lw becoming CAM.

• Advertisement

I tried 90 Butra today and hated him, even with Marksman he felt clunky , still scored a few goals but flogged him off again.
    I finally went with mid Petit and damn he feels great in midfield.
    I’ve enough cash for 92 Giggs just for fun.
    I’m tempted to put a squad together with only long haired players and call them Majestic Manes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Packed Kante First good rivals rewards, can't fit him in the team.

bdN8VWF.png

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I got Coutinho in my red picks and Prime Icon Moments Rivaldo in my FUT champs rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Jeez nice packs. And here was me happy with my Allison pull ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Jeez nice packs. And here was me happy with my Allison pull ha ha

I’m happy over here with my Onana fodder :pac:

I’m happy over here with my Onana fodder :pac:

At least you got an 85. My highest was Sarabia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Absolutely nothing of note from either rewards and and 84+82 from red picks. Quelle surprise!

Completed the Shapeshifter SBC and got Vinicius Jr. Ah well, tis only a game lol.

two ****ty 84 reds, 2 discard IFs, that orange Fodden and base Bruno. :/

Why the **** has Shearer dropped 150k?!?!?! I knew there was a risk of price drops, there always is when I buy cards but he was 850k yesterday and is now just 700k :O

• Advertisement

Liamalone wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing of note from either rewards and and 84+82 from red picks. Quelle surprise!

Completed the Shapeshifter SBC and got Vinicius Jr. Ah well, tis only a game lol.

I’d look at Vinicius as a win :)
    He has a market value of almost half a million, there’s a centre back there worth 25k that I know I’d get.
    Might still do it anyway, I’ll see if we get a decent player sbc at 6 first.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement