Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

haydeyhi wrote: »
    My usual thing with Fifa is playing the seasons. I've after winning division 1 on xbox about twenty times and getting bored of it.

What does the ultimate team actually entail?

Disappointment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 haydeyhi

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Disappointment

Ha, Just from Googling it there and the way it's setup it just seems to be a money racket.

Won't bother me hole. Just seems a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

What's the deadline for registering for weekend league ? Forgot to register yesterday and don't want to chance it in case it counts for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Gyan84 wrote: »
    What's the deadline for registering for weekend league ? Forgot to register yesterday and don't want to chance it in case it counts for next week.

6 or 7am this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Will actually have a bit of time this weekend to play so figured I'd give Weekend League a go. It's started surprisingly well for me, sitting 7-5 atm and only one game where I have been absolutely whacked. Looking forward to the massive correction taking me to 8-12 when I get a chance to play later. All I want is to get to 11 wins.

Also what's the story with Moments Crespo? I seem to be facing him in every second game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Blitz17 wrote: »
    6 or 7am this morning

Closed for this weekend.

Ooooopsy/bugger :(

Of course the weekend I forget to register is the weekend with extra rewards :rolleyes:

Tbh at this stage of the game every weekend league should have the extra rewards. 90% of the 87+ players probably wouldn't make a weekly player's team due to how many promos and objective players there are.

I also think they should scrap the whole qualifying for weekend league. I don't see the downside of having an influx of players at this point of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

agreed...they need to separate out the modes completely. Have weekend league open to everyone.
    For Rivals revert it back to its previous incarnation from Fifa17/18, bump up the reward packs and have totw red picks for higher divisions and higher ranks to encourage players up the ranks or else bring in monthly rewards for divisions which then wouldn't impact WL red picks.
    Drop all objectives bases on rival wins etc and keep them strictly SB related or WL based.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭Liamalone

And why can you not just register anytime over the course of the weekend? I know they extended the registration deadline ages ago but why not just leave it open? I clean forgot to register this weekend also.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sigh, 9-12 currently. I’m yo-Yoing back and forth though.

The extra reward has brought back the toxicity I despise though. It’s all shushing, dabbing and as annoying as the drop deep meta has been. I felt that **** had died down in recent weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Hogey007 wrote: »

Finally I might move some 83s???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I’m hoping so! But at the rate the market is, it’ll need a POTM Messi for an 83 squad to make them rise :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Yeah, same.

I think it’s been fairly deliberate to not have any sbc’s needing 83’s for ages now.
    As a result that Werner experiment hasn’t really worked out

A repeatable sbc with high chem would be ideal :)

Frisbee wrote: »
    It's started surprisingly well for me, sitting 7-5 atm and only one game where I have been absolutely whacked.game.

7-9 now. Had to turn off for the afternoon. Was in every game but could tell I wasn't going to win a single one of them. Mertens turning like a bus and Essien being pushed off the ball repeatedly by Griezmann. Hopefully I'll get the good scripting later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

10-4 at the minute, best start I’ve ever made to the WL.

Of course I got awful picks. Well Robertson showed up, the rest were 81 and below. I already have red Robertson :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

10-14. Can’t wait for this weekend to end.

Got 86 Alli in my 10 win pack. Not the worst I could have gotten.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    10-14. Can’t wait for this weekend to end.

Got 86 Alli in my 10 win pack. Not the worst I could have gotten.

That’s pretty decent.

11-9 myself, looking like the 18 wins will be a step too far, have barely played in last 3 weeks so wasn’t very optimistic anyway.

Wonder will they do something similar in the new season starting on Friday, they won’t be able to do the same as this weekend anyway as next weekends wl spans over 2 seasons but might see it again the following week or even better, make it cumulative like the milestones

Something like 20 wl wins over New season, 1 87+ player and same for 40, 60, 80 and maybe 88 or 89+ for 100.

Yeah, same.

I think it’s been fairly deliberate to not have any sbc’s needing 83’s for ages now.
    As a result that Werner experiment hasn’t really worked out

A repeatable sbc with high chem would be ideal :)

83 rated with 70 chem for the 84-91 rated player, repeatable too so that’s good for 83’s :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,762 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Much like with UCL cards the new black cards count as rares when you pack them but not when you try to put them in SBCs.

• Advertisement

Wonder will they do something similar in the new season starting on Friday, they won’t be able to do the same as this weekend anyway as next weekends wl spans over 2 seasons but might see it again the following week or even better, make it cumulative like the milestones

Something like 20 wl wins over New season, 1 87+ player and same for 40, 60, 80 and maybe 88 or 89+ for 100.

I was going to make a joke that they would but instead of the player it'd be a pack of random tifos but today they added a new daily objective section that gives two hundred xp for being in division 4 so the tifos would probably be too generous :pac:

Did some 82-88 packs yesterday and got an 84 inform, 85 onana and the 86 motm dutch guy so did the 90 Cortouis sbc to have another high rated card for sbc fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Two copa libertadores players in one sbc pack.

69 Murillo and, wait for it, 65 Murillo lol.

What were the odds?

Also 85 Onana from 84-91 upgrade.

They like to give those goalkeepers away, don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Going to finish this season with 20 icon swaps tokens regardless, anyone got any recommendations as to who to take? Don’t think there’s actually anyone who would improve my first team, at least not drastically. Midfield or forward icon would be handy for chem links possibilities but tempted to go YOLO and take the pack

10-16 and I'm just happy I haven't put the controller through the telly. On a 5 game losing streak and in the last three games I have been leading going into the last few minutes only to concede a ridiculous goal and then get absolutely pummeled in extra time when all my players seems incapable of making a 5 yard pass. Gonna give it a break until tomorrow now.

Got 84 Zapata from Atalanta as my 10 win pack :rolleyes:

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Going to finish this season with 20 icon swaps tokens regardless, anyone got any recommendations as to who to take? Don’t think there’s actually anyone who would improve my first team, at least not drastically. Midfield or forward icon would be handy for chem links possibilities but tempted to go YOLO and take the pack

might as well take the mid icon pack then if none of the others will get into your first team. Its what i would do...

Playing last night and I was sick of the bull**** ai and input lag.
    The amount of goals I conceded to De Gea palming the ball away to my opponents striker's foot while any shots I took their keeper (de gea for 2 matches) all magically cleared it out 30 yards or to one of their own defenders.
    I've brought in 89 Nedved who is very tasty as LAM and moved Luiz to CDM and brought in Van Dijk. If that doesn't improve my team I'm just gonna delete it and call it a day on fifa. Its not one bit enjoyable whatsoever.

So EA have screwed up once again.
    All those rare packs which guaranteed rare only all contained common CONEMOL players which weren't supposed to be in packs. I got a few myself so I wonder what the compensation will be :)
    Regardless it will take weeks to figure out who picked what cards and to compensate them.
    https://twitter.com/EAFIFADirect/status/1236016096894799872?s=20

Blazer wrote: »
    might as well take the mid icon pack then if none of the others will get into your first team. Its what i would do...

Anyone try out Del Piero? Had been toying with the idea of finally trying out Mbappe and he looks very similar, plus he’s still worth 800k so he must be still of some use as this stage of the game?

Other than that there’s nobody really unless I take multiple picks purely for chem links options down the line (I.e. VDS and Zambrotta etc.) so tempted to take the pack and the minuscule chance at R9, Cruyff etc.

Anyone try out Del Piero? Had been toying with the idea of finally trying out Mbappe and he looks very similar, plus he’s still worth 800k so he must be still of some use as this stage of the game?

Other than that there’s nobody really unless I take multiple picks purely for chem links options down the line (I.e. VDS and Zambrotta etc.) so tempted to take the pack and the minuscule chance at R9, Cruyff etc.

Yeah I was looking at del piero too, woulda went for him if I didn’t get enough for Essien, had del piero in draft and he was class.

If it were me I’d go with del piero over the mid icon pack, but I can be a bit conservative like that :D

I’d rather just know I’m getting something useful after the grind than risk getting a mid Lehman or something worthless.
    But of course it could be a mid cryuff or mid R9 so completely up to you, but I would say at this stage, only about 10% of the mid icons would make the gamble worth it.

Yeah I was looking at del piero too, woulda went for him if I didn’t get enough for Essien, had del piero in draft and he was class.

If it were me I’d go with del piero over the mid icon pack, but I can be a bit conservative like that :D

I’d rather just know I’m getting something useful after the grind than risk getting a mid Lehman or something worthless.
    But of course it could be a mid cryuff or mid R9 so completely up to you, but I would say at this stage, only about 10% of the mid icons would make the gamble worth it.

Yeah it really is a gamble. And my pack luck is absolutely dreadful to boot. I wouldn't even have the option of Del Piero if it hadn't been for grinding through squad battles for that Daniel James card.

At the minute I have CR7 up front in a 433(4) but had been mulling over a switch to 41212 and partnering him with someone (Mbappe) for the craic. Still not playing much other than on Saturdays so I have time to decide on what direction to go but from messing around doing the objectives I had actually had a lot of fun swapping CR7 to LW and playing Neymar through the middle instead so using Del Piero in that is a possibility too.

But then again, these packs are the only shot I'll ever have at a R9 or Cruyff :/

• Advertisement

Yeah it really is a gamble. And my pack luck is absolutely dreadful to boot. I wouldn't even have the option of Del Piero if it hadn't been for grinding through squad battles for that Daniel James card.

At the minute I have CR7 up front in a 433(4) but had been mulling over a switch to 41212 and partnering him with someone (Mbappe) for the craic. Still not playing much other than on Saturdays so I have time to decide on what direction to go but from messing around doing the objectives I had actually had a lot of fun swapping CR7 to LW and playing Neymar through the middle instead so using Del Piero in that is a possibility too.

But then again, these packs are the only shot I'll ever have at a R9 or Cruyff :/

Ah I reckon we’ll get the mid icon sbc very soon, it’ll likely cost around 400k so if you took del piero now who’s worth about 850k on market you could always try the mid icon sbc, fire a bit of untradeable fodder into it too to bring the costs down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement