Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

pop Ramos beside him and play both on 7 chem :D
    I did it 3 times and got 2 LB and a CB...to hell with it.

and....the servers are down. Hopefully due to all those awesome sbcs they're putting up.

New icon swaps..and Quaresma RW..

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/1238525230479540227?s=20

wasn't Schmiechel in the first set of swaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,762 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Swaps 3. No idea what Schmeichel is doing there considering they said there will only be 1 version of each card in Swaps and he was already in the first batch.

o5ui20xvbhm41.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Ooh yes. Rush or Dalglish for 16 tokens. I’ll give it a shot but zero motivation to play the game :pac:

• Advertisement

I'd be leaning towards Petit or Bergkamp. Both unreal cards.OR Maldini and maybe Gattuso.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Very very underwhelming again, base zidane like ffs!! As the final available batch that is horrendous.

Icon swaps has been an utter sh!t show from start to finish.

Think I'll do Maldini and the pack.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Very very underwhelming again, base zidane like ffs!! As the final available batch that is horrendous.

Icon swaps has been an utter sh!t show from start to finish.

Yeah, base icon Zidane in May is ****e alright.. will be way behind and TOTS out around then so will be redundant anyway :pac: I only like this batch cos of Rush and Dalglish, my only chance at them but I’m not too arsed in playing FIFA anymore.

Aaaaand Schmeichel has been removed, christ they're bad at this, they had months to get it right.

• Advertisement

So all of the following didn't get to be part of any Icon Swaps batch, no idea why they didn't just plan 4 batches from the start so players could have a shot at every Icon.

Pele
    Ronaldo
    Cruyff
    Henry
    Baggio
    Matthaus
    van Basten
    Best
    Eusebio
    Baresi
    Desailly
    van Nistelrooy
    Shevchenko
    Stoichkov
    Nedved
    Shearer
    Scholes
    Zola
    Larsson
    Inzaghi
    Deco
    Veron
    Vieri
    Makelele

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Very underwhelmed with icon swaps as well.

16 tokens for mid Dalglish is way too much considering it'll take till late april/early may to get him and you can get a PIM Bergkamp for the same amount. Would've wanted him to be prime or else give his base for 8 so I could get him and PIM Rush together.

Anyway, the season rewards are even worse. Same old rubbish filler with tifos and celebrations and 89 rated final rewards when we just got an 89 Jo that could be completed in a few days.

Came back from 1-2 to 5-2 in wl. Not sure if there's any point in the red picks since at this rate they'll be from the russian league only.

I do wish the challenges encouraged a little more variety, like imagine there was one for "Win 4 Rivals games using a team with no players from the Top 5 Leagues" or something.

Might just do 2 of the prime icon packs, no one is jumping out at me, garrincha maybe but by the time I get him we’d almost be into tots, at least with the prime icon packs I could open one soon.

And at 9 tokens each it requires less effort.

Tbh, my interest in fifa is really going, the gameplay and button delay is soo bad and nothing to do in game menus without icon sbc’s and proper league sbc’s.

I’ve barely played since I came back from hols and was kind of holding out to see what icon swaps 3 brought.

Bit of course with this covid 19 situation I’ll need something to pass time so will carry on with it and hope I pack prime R9!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Trying to get a game in rivals is a joke tonight. 5 times this evening entered a game to find a bronze squad and cancelled before tip off.

I'm still trying to understand what FUT Player Days even is, the loading screen says it's still ongoing but there's literally nothing promo-related happening right now.

What the fcuk is wrong with these people? How hard could it possibly be to just add a PIM Yashin or Lehmann instead?

https://twitter.com/EAFIFADirect/status/1238564462623252480?s=20

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Storyline Fred <3

Not sure though how much motivation I currently have to play. Bought Far Cry New Dawn and been playing that.

I'm still trying to understand what FUT Player Days even is, the loading screen says it's still ongoing but there's literally nothing promo-related happening right now.

Last year player days had a ‘best of’ fifa 19 totw with the top 20 cards in packs, I assumed that would happen today, wouldn’t surprise me if they had intended that but pulled back on it with so many countries advising people to stay in as they know people will be somewhat forced to play fifa anyway.

They also said last week we’d get a dynamic objective player, that still hadn’t come, I guess it’ll be similar to odegard, James etc where you start with a low version and can keep upgrading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Got kicked out of a game of squad battles there with an error message that FUT is down. Happen anyone else ? I hate this game now, don’t know why I play it any more. Can’t wait for Final Fantasy 7 remake to be released.

• Advertisement

They also said last week we’d get a dynamic objective player, that still hadn’t come, I guess it’ll be similar to odegard, James etc where you start with a low version and can keep upgrading it.

"Dynamic" usually refers to cards like OTWs and Headliners so I'm assuming it was a OTW-type card for the Copa Libertadores.....which has now been postponed.

Might just do 2 of the prime icon packs

Don't think any of the icon swaps sbcs are repeatable so I don't think you can do two.

You could do one and get the 92 Maldini who looks the best value for tokens imo.

"Dynamic" usually refers to cards like OTWs and Headliners so I'm assuming it was a OTW-type card for the Copa Libertadores.....which has now been postponed.

Oh yeah, you’re right on that and it would explain it’s absence also.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Don't think any of the icon swaps sbcs are repeatable so I don't think you can do two.

You could do one and get the 92 Maldini who looks the best value for tokens imo.

Oh crap, hadn’t thought of that, back to the drawing board so.
    Yeah that combo mightn’t be too bad :)

Just lost a wl game where I came back from 3-0 down to 4-3 up only to concede a 120th equalizer and lose on penalties even though he hits them all straight at my keeper :mad:

5-2 to 5-4, think after this weekend I'll just do the swap objectives and take a break until the next set are released.

Given how much the majority hate playing squad battles it’s easy double on on the Brazil and liga nos objective as so many Brazilians in liga nos

Just start 11 Brazilians from liga nos on legendary and sub on your 3 best players straight after kick off and hey presto, you’ll be completing 2 squad battle objectives in 1 go.

The weekend league in fifa 19 is reopening for next weekend if anyone is missing their superstar icons and el tornado

Seems to be for one weekend only.

https://twitter.com/bateson87/status/1238809301638164480?s=21

The weekend league in fifa 19 is reopening for next weekend if anyone is missing their superstar icons and el tornado

Seems to be for one weekend only.

https://twitter.com/bateson87/status/1238809301638164480?s=21

Oof, very tempting. Get a chance to finally use the prime R9 I completed but never used :pac:

I've searched for 3 games today while going for objectives, 3 instant quits.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Given how much the majority hate playing squad battles it’s easy double on on the Brazil and liga nos objective as so many Brazilians in liga nos

Just start 11 Brazilians from liga nos on legendary and sub on your 3 best players straight after kick off and hey presto, you’ll be completing 2 squad battle objectives in 1 go.

I’m on a break right now but just checked the SBCs.

Honestly, by now, I’ve got a load of untradeable special cards from every league so none look too bad.

Going to wait a few days to come back, but that Fred card looks too good to pass up for my United team. Might have to focus on objectives to grind out Exp. though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement