Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I usually do all the daily sbc’s but my god ucl cards are gone through the roof, so instead of doing the ucl sbc’s I just sold majority of my ucl cards, there’s some 79/80 ucl rares going for 7/8 k, others for 5/6k

Got 350k there in the last hour, the packs from the sbc’s aren’t even that good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I think I’m going to cry, I got Okocha in the icon swaps :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Same as that, decided to skip it, just look at the results here of 48 packs.

I know some people will get lucky with a R9 or Gullit but you’d have to be very very lucky.

I’ll hold on for cannavaro, 11 tokens collected now, I’ll get the fit champions one at the weekend

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/fj1s5c/results_from_48_prime_icon_packs/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Yep I must have looked at over a 100 pack openings and I saw a Henry, Carlos, Ferdinand, Matthaus and Desaily and Petit.
    Everyone else wouldn’t have really got into my team.
    Just not worth it imo.
    It’s fine if you already have a very strong team and it’s killing me not to open the back but the reality is Gattuso will slot right into my team in place of Guardiola and Bergkamp will allow me to play CR7 up front or I might stick with PIM Nistelrooy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Mr Moon wrote: »

I actually wouldn’t mind Okocha at this stage :pac: he’ll link nicely with FFS Osimhen and he’s 5* skills, so always fun to play with.. anything that isn’t Inzaghi, Klose or one of the ****e GKs and I’ll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

unlucky on the plus side i'm feeling much better about getting Drogba.

Drogba seems to fall over a lot so not unlike the real Drogba.

• Advertisement

Same as that, decided to skip it, just look at the results here of 48 packs.

I know some people will get lucky with a R9 or Gullit but you’d have to be very very lucky.

I’ll hold on for cannavaro, 11 tokens collected now, I’ll get the fit champions one at the weekend

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/fj1s5c/results_from_48_prime_icon_packs/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Yep I must have looked at over a 100 pack openings and I saw a Henry, Carlos, Ferdinand, Matthaus and Desaily and Petit.
    Everyone else wouldn’t have really got into my team.
    Just not worth it imo.
    It’s fine if you already have a very strong team and it’s killing me not to open the back but the reality is Gattuso will slot right into my team in place of Guardiola and Bergkamp will allow me to play CR7 up front or I might stick with PIM Nistelrooy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bruno Fernandes SBC done. Cost about 400k in the end.

Wondering if I should do the Sane SBC too.

Lads, McGeady is great craic to play with, his 5* skills feel like 6*!! Feeling a bit better getting him now after the disappointment of Okocha earlier. Nope, just remembered the flag coming out and my heart sank! I can’t even fit him in my team.

@Lord tsc, deffo do Sane, he’s class.

Ouch. Damn . But hey , at least it’s not completely useless like Litamen or Klose etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, McGeady is great craic to play with, his 5* skills feel like 6*!! Feeling a bit better getting him now after the disappointment of Okocha earlier. Nope, just remembered the flag coming out and my heart sank! I can’t even fit him in my team.

@Lord tsc, deffo do Sane, he’s class.

I'm trying to decide between Sane, and grabbing TOTY Mane to play striker.

Or TOTY Kante for the midfield.

Leaning towards the first though. Two cards rather than one....

• Advertisement

Gattuso done. Seems tidy enough.
    PIM Nistelrooy has been awesome for me. Inside the box and the guy just puts it away. He’s scoring for fun at the moment.

Blazer wrote: »
    Gattuso done. Seems tidy enough.
    PIM Nistelrooy has been awesome for me. Inside the box and the guy just puts it away. He’s scoring for fun at the moment.

That’ll be his 4* WF upgrade. Would love to try him, but I’d be bankrupt if I bought him.

That’ll be his 4* WF upgrade. Would love to try him, but I’d be bankrupt if I bought him.

Yeah I was thinking Owen or Lineker but Ruud’s higher aggression really makes a difference.
    Once I get Berkamp I can either stick with him or switch to CR7 who will have perfect chem beside Bernardo Silva.

Tempted to do that McGeady card. Looks like a really fun card and also links to Rooney.

Anyone done any of those no expiry SBCs? Thinking of putting Ter Stegen into one of Ramos, Sane or the FB Vidal but unsure which to go with.

Anyone done any of those no expiry SBCs? Thinking of putting Ter Stegen into one of Ramos, Sane or the FB Vidal but unsure which to go with.

Any of the 3 would be great according to reviews, haven’t heard anyone regret doing sane or Ramos and Vidal looks excellent too so really comes down to who suits your team best.

I’d personally go with Ramos if you can get him in, maybe switch to cb in game.

I started using 442 now as my default. I had created various squads for each of the challenges and it defaults to 442.
    I won all the rival ones easily so going to give it a shot for my main squad. No tactics , everything on default just to see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Got Ballack in my prime pack, not a massive win but I'll take it.

Now rocking:

Neuer
    Angelino (RTTF), Konate (RTTF), Koeman (mid pack), Zanetti (prime)
    Kimmich (FB), Ballack (prime pack), Odegaard (pink one)
    Mbappe (LW IF), Cyprien (winter refresh), Garrincha (baby pack)

In game Odegaard wide left, mbappe middle, garrincha right. Not sure what to do with the 3 middle lads.

Have half of Boateng done but think I'd have to drop Odegaard if I play him...

Prime Ballack is a damn good card. At the start you thinking meh. He doesn’t really do a whole lot.
    But then you adjust to how to properly use him he’s awesome.
    Great defender and tackler, fantastic passing and shooting. He’s the complete CM.
    If I was guaranteed his prime I’d have done it in a heartbeat.

Prime Ballack is a damn good card. At the start you thinking meh. He doesn’t really do a whole lot.
    But then you adjust to how to properly use him he’s awesome.
    Great defender and tackler, fantastic passing and shooting. He’s the complete CM.
    If I was guaranteed his prime I’d have done it in a heartbeat.

With Ballack, Cyprien and Kimmich I was thinking of playing a flat 3 for once, normally I'd play with at least 1 DM and attacking full backs, but with Ballacks shooting and workrates it can't be him, Cyprien is a bit too good going forward... maybe Kimmich deep?

• Advertisement

hots wrote: »
    With Ballack, Cyprien and Kimmich I was thinking of playing a flat 3 for once, normally I'd play with at least 1 DM and attacking full backs, but with Ballacks shooting and workrates it can't be him, Cyprien is a bit too good going forward... maybe Kimmich deep?

Last year I used 424 for the entire year and had Ballack as the second CDM with stay back when attacking so I was manually bringing him forward.
    So he can do the role.
    If you’re going for a flat three I’d keep Kimmich then as the deep lying player.

Did McGeady and gonna have some fun with him.
    If it doesn’t work out I still have Tagliafica, Di Maria and Acuna to swap back in.

8-DA54-E28-A0-D4-42-F5-9933-05-AD82046744.png

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

was thinking of doing gattuso, currently have scream alli playing cdm who I love, looked at futbin compare and im still thinking alli is better. TBH not mad about any of the icon options at the moment

Any of the 3 would be great according to reviews, haven’t heard anyone regret doing sane or Ramos and Vidal looks excellent too so really comes down to who suits your team best.

I’d personally go with Ramos if you can get him in, maybe switch to cb in game.

Nice one.. might go with Ramos so. He’ll be starting CB beside Lenglet.

Looks like it’ll be a “Moments TOTW” to fill the void for the next couple of weeks... looks like it could be another crash inbound if this week’s one is any decent.

hots wrote: »
    Got Ballack in my prime pack, not a massive win but I'll take it.

Now rocking:

Neuer
    Angelino (RTTF), Konate (RTTF), Koeman (mid pack), Zanetti (prime)
    Kimmich (FB), Ballack (prime pack), Odegaard (pink one)
    Mbappe (LW IF), Cyprien (winter refresh), Garrincha (baby pack)

In game Odegaard wide left, mbappe middle, garrincha right. Not sure what to do with the 3 middle lads.

Have half of Boateng done but think I'd have to drop Odegaard if I play him...

That's a huge win!! He goes for over 1 million coins on the market and from what I've heard he's a beast in the game.

That's a huge win!! He goes for over 1 million coins on the market and from what I've heard he's a beast in the game.

Ha true, I've done very well with my icon packs in fairness (Koeman from mid was ok, either as a CB or CDM, Garrincha from the baby one was very good and now ballack). I've just had Ballack before so takes the shine off :o Thinking of going for either Overmars or Laudrup with the rest of the tokens... Laudrup has insane stats but 6ft is a bit big for a CAM for me... Overmars looks great as a winger or CAM, but I've already got IF Mbappe on the left. First world problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,761 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Thinking of trying this out

1y6DzK3.png

Did McGeady and gonna have some fun with him.
    If it doesn’t work out I still have Tagliafica, Di Maria and Acuna to swap back in.

8-DA54-E28-A0-D4-42-F5-9933-05-AD82046744.png

Let me know how you find mc geady, I already have the maguire sbc player so could get a strong link there.

Ps. If you do like mc geady that kalvin Phillips league sbc would be a nice upgrade on pep to link the 3 championship boys.

Thinking of trying this out

1y6DzK3.png

Oh I'd like to have a go at that team!! I'm trying to get Maguire SBC done so I can link him to McGeady and will run a similar team as that minus the special cards for Ronaldo and KDB.

• Advertisement

Loan packs are currently giving out tradeable players!

Also apparently TOTW moments is gonna be mad:

https://twitter.com/futdonk/status/1240275311419326464?s=21

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement