Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Is that 4231 with wingers or CAMs?

With the CAMs. Finding it a lot of fun, especially with a 5* skiller in the central position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

I might try it out so. I never really know what the meta is

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Different after every patch.
    I say ****it and enjoy the game how you enjoy playing it.

Different after every patch.
    I say ****it and enjoy the game how you enjoy playing it.

Yeah, I don’t usually follow the meta.. always enjoy using random formations and variations of squads, but thought I’d try out 4231 as it fit the players I had for swaps perfectly.. give it a shot anyway. And I agree with above, just play with what brings you enjoyment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

My team for the weekend league:

https://postimg.cc/23m5YC0K

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

GavK wrote: »
    My team for the weekend league:

https://postimg.cc/23m5YC0K

How do you find sandro at lb, ive one sbc left to do

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

All shamrock rovers players going for 10k now.
    If only they'd chosen bohs, I'd have been up over 200k haha.
    I also cashed in on the rovers players I did have when they were selling for significantly less than that :(

Bloody Luiz and De Gea cost me a win so dropped both and brought in Kondogbia (CB) and Ter Stegen.
    Defense is a lot more robust now.

PIM Ruud has scored 6 goals in 2 matches so far in this WL so definitely a good buy.
    That weak foot upgrade is damn sweet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Blazer wrote: »
    Bloody Luiz and De Gea cost me a win so dropped both and brought in Kondogbia (CB) and Ter Stegen.
    Defense is a lot more robust now.

PIM Ruud has scored 6 goals in 2 matches so far in this WL so definitely a good buy.
    That weak foot upgrade is damn sweet.

I'm thinking of selling my Ronaldo to get him in, am I crazy??

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I'm thinking of selling my Ronaldo to get him in, am I crazy??

I’m finding he is as good as Ronaldo, I’ve been using CR7 all season and he’s definitely been nerfed since Xmas. If CR7 has full chem on your team I’d keep him. But if he hasn’t it’s worth a shot. Once you get used to Ruud and how he plays he’s awesome.

I’m also leaning towards Daglish over Bergkamp for icon swaps.
    Been coming up recently again his prime and he’s a slippery little bastard who scores goals and he’d pair nicely with Ruud.
    Only problem is as a Newcastle fan I hate Daglish with every fibre of my body. I’m not sure I could stand looking at his face every time the prick scores for me.

Blazer wrote: »
    I’m finding he is as good as Ronaldo, I’ve been using CR7 all season and he’s definitely been nerfed since Xmas. If CR7 has full chem on your team I’d keep him. But if he hasn’t it’s worth a shot. Once you get used to Ruud and how he plays he’s awesome.

I’m also leaning towards Daglish over Bergkamp for icon swaps.
    Been coming up recently again his prime and he’s a slippery little bastard who scores goals and he’d pair nicely with Ruud.
    Only problem is as a Newcastle fan I hate Daglish with every fibre of my body. I’m not sure I could stand looking at his face every time the prick scores for me.

I struggle to get him on 10 chem in my hybrids and I notice a big difference when he's not on 10. My mind may be made up...

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

seamie78 wrote: »
    How do you find sandro at lb, ive one sbc left to do

He’s top class, way better than 87 Alex telles that I was using up until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

GavK wrote: »
    He’s top class, way better than 87 Alex telles that I was using up until now.

WILL BE A BIG STEP UP FROM MY 84 TELLES SO

Mid icon SBC up!!!

2x 85
    1x 88

Ridiculously cheap.

EDIT: never mind, fodder isn’t as cheap as I thought it was :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,761 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Christ it's a little late for that, isn't it? The Base Icon SBC came out in November, Mid Icons have been out of packs for like a month now, you'd think we'd at least be getting a Prime SBC.

Get your Onana's while you can...

The SBC costs 550k, only 27 of the 89 available Icons are worth more than that. There are also 27 Icons worth less than 250k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Wow so the only content on fut birthday weekend is a crappy overpriced sbc.

I swear they pulled the fut birthday promo from this week “cos people are bored and will play anyway”

No objective player 2 weeks in a row either, despite advertising they’d have one. They could’ve easily made the Irish player pick an objective after the copa libertados got cancelled.

Also there's an objective for a 50k pack that, among other things, requires you to complete 5 SBCs, but it doesn't count Bronze/Silver/Gold Upgrade SBCs... and any SBC with multiple parts is only counted as 1/5 when you complete the full thing. So the only way to actual complete this objective right now is to do 5 full Player/League SBCs.

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Wow so the only content on fut birthday weekend is a crappy overpriced sbc.

I swear they pulled the fut birthday promo from this week “cos people are bored and will play anyway”

No objective player 2 weeks in a row either, despite advertising they’d have one. They could’ve easily made the Irish player pick an objective after the copa libertados got cancelled.

Doesn’t surprise me tbh. It’s mad how much stuff they’ve cancelled this year compared to others.

Also there's an objective for a 50k pack that, among other things, requires you to complete 5 SBCs, but it doesn't count Bronze/Silver/Gold Upgrade SBCs... and any SBC with multiple parts is only counted as 1/5 when you complete the full thing. So the only way to actual complete this objective right now is to do 5 full Player/League SBCs.

Typical, i done the 24 Championship ones yesterday to get Maguire to link to McGeady :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mid icon SBC up!!!

2x 85
    1x 88

Ridiculously cheap.

anigif_sub-buzz-25024-1541094571-1.gif
    The SBC costs 550k, only 27 of the 89 available Icons are worth more than that. There are also 27 Icons worth less than 250k.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

And it’s rising 610k now, 86,87,88 golds are rising

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

R00ster wrote: »
    All shamrock rovers players going for 10k now.
    If only they'd chosen bohs, I'd have been up over 200k haha.
    I also cashed in on the rovers players I did have when they were selling for significantly less than that :(

IF Burke saved the day :D
    All Rovers players are now extinct so he's insta-selling for 30k.

To save anyone bothering trying, the over the top part of silver objectives isn’t working.

Got 4 in one game and none counted and had a quick look on Reddit and loads saying the same.
    Of course the problem there is you can’t move onto gold until silver is complete.

Apparently the sbc objective isn’t registering either, haven’t tried it myself.

Hogey007 wrote: »

Convinced this is the case, promos every single week for months and then on the one week that you can pretty much guarantee a promo they don't release one because they know people will be playing regardless.

Convinced this is the case, promos every single week for months and then on the one week that you can pretty much guarantee a promo they don't release one because they know people will be playing regardless.

Yeah I mean I don’t think there’s been 2 weeks without a promo in fifa 20?
    People will do the mid icon sbc out of boredom, drain their club and the futbirthday comes a week later than it should and everyone buys packs again.

They could’ve also added a decent objective player for people to grind.

So I wonder what the significance of opening up FUT 19 WL for this weekend is? I figured it might be like a birthday celebration thing but clearly not.

• Advertisement

So I wonder what the significance of opening up FUT 19 WL for this weekend is? I figured it might be like a birthday celebration thing but clearly not.

just to allow those who never bought fifa20 something to play on weekends.
    Its a great idea...pity they can't do something good for fifa20.
    A start would be expanding WL to 4 days at least and just keep rivals for grinding bul**** etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement