Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

No interest in that mid icon sbc so just selling high rated fodder at stupid prices.
    I bought that 90 rated Argentina keeper for 45k 2 weeks ago, sold for 90k now,
    Players like griezmann, Alison going for 64k
    Hummels 40k

Hogey007 wrote: »
    No interest in that mid icon sbc so just selling high rated fodder at stupid prices.
    I bought that 90 rated Argentina keeper for 45k 2 weeks ago, sold for 90k now,
    Players like griezmann, Alison going for 64k
    Hummels 40k

Fodder is gone so high it’s actually cheaper to buy toty Messi than do his second potm sbc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Fodder is gone so high it’s actually cheaper to buy toty Messi than do his second potm sbc :D

Just sold all of my high rated fodder - Pique, Eriksen, Szeczny, Coutinho.. nice 150k there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,761 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So as usual, even during a pandemic, EA are quick to stop anything that benefits the players. They just changed all the price ranges on the South American cards because players had been having a lot of success grinding through the South American SBCs for profit......less than 90 minutes after that Nepenthez lad made a video about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

So 424 didn't work out for long. Silva was wasted out on the wings so I reverted to 4231 and brought him back in as CAM.
    I was gonna bring back in CR7 but I'm happy with Ruud and it allows me to drop Aguero and bring in Ziyech who's a fantastic player.

Capture.png

• Advertisement

Servers were absolutely flawless this morning.
    I played 4 games and everyone of them was super fluid, no lag, no input lag. Just perfect.
    This is how the game should be...each game my players were so fluid with the ball and I scored at least 5 goals in each game.
    First game I lost 7-6 because I was so used to the stupid lag that I was lunging into tackles.
    Rest of the games i cantered through.
    If EA would just spent another few hundred k on servers a lot of the fifa hate would die down. But the counts are just too greedy.

Ruud’s now got 15 goals in 9 games.
    I had sold him but once I realized I could fit in Ziyech as a starter player bought him back straightaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gary Gurney

Newb question sorry in advance.

Re the icon swaps - I have completed 9 now but ideally I'd like rush or Kaka from the current icons available. If I wanted either of these I still wouldn't have enough swaps even if I completed all of the icon swaps challenges available in objectives (total of 13).

Will there be new icon swap challenges coming out again that I can combine with my now 9 collected swap cards to get rush or Kaka?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Will there be new icon swap challenges coming out again that I can combine with my now 9 collected swap cards to get rush or Kaka?

Yeah, more swap tokens will be made available at some point, total of 24 I think altogether.

I'm tracking my stats for this WL again but I don't know how accurate they are anymore, Essien just got given an assist for this goal :pac:

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

14-8.

8 games left, and three wins would give me 17 for the first time this year. And two of those loses were actually my internet giving out on me while winning. So technically, I could be at 16-6.

Which is weird, cause I can’t sane TOTY Mane and Moments Sane have stood out as amazing. I’m sure there being an increased player base makes things a little easier.

POTM Bruno coupled with Flashback Rooney as my midfield two (with Socrates in at CAM) has been really fun though. Both seem to be everywhere, and score so many rockets or goals with late run ins.

Virtually no content again, unless you were in the market for an insanely over priced Luis Muriel sbc if you were, today is your lucky day :)

Virtually no content again, unless you were in the market for an insanely over priced Luis Muriel sbc if you were, today is your lucky day :)

You’d think that EA would try and get the players back on their side this weekend with everyone being stuck inside, especially given all of the content we’ve gotten so far.... but then again, it’s EA :pac:

You’d think that EA would try and get the players back on their side this weekend with everyone being stuck inside, especially given all of the content we’ve gotten so far.... but then again, it’s EA :pac:

That’s exactly the problem, they know people will play regardless given the situation worldwide.
    Back 2 weeks ago when the little mini pes revolution was happening with you tubers fifa tried to get people back onside with the extra red picks, a good step in the right direction.

Then this covid situation escalated and they got so many new or returning players that they just downed tools, stopped putting out promos or new objectives.
    So many companies like sky, Amazon, football manager are doing things to help those in isolation but ea have gone the opposite way, just pure greed.
    They could’ve done anything they wanted with totw moments but instead offered garbage, they could’ve added a couple of cool player objectives like the Daniel James, odegard, osimhen ones for people to grind while in isolation.
    They could’ve done the extra red picks again which I suspect was going to be a regular thing until they happened to get so many extra players returning.

They’ll drop their fur birthday promo next Friday and packs will sell out in minutes so again, they won’t care.

They've now given Muriel 3 special cards for one game

mmZun1O.png

That’s exactly the problem, they know people will play regardless given the situation worldwide.
    Back 2 weeks ago when the little mini pes revolution was happening with you tubers fifa tried to get people back onside with the extra red picks, a good step in the right direction.

Then this covid situation escalated and they got so many new or returning players that they just downed tools, stopped putting out promos or new objectives.
    So many companies like sky, Amazon, football manager are doing things to help those in isolation but ea have gone the opposite way, just pure greed.
    They could’ve done anything they wanted with totw moments but instead offered garbage, they could’ve added a couple of cool player objectives like the Daniel James, odegard, osimhen ones for people to grind while in isolation.
    They could’ve done the extra red picks again which I suspect was going to be a regular thing until they happened to get so many extra players returning.

They’ll drop their fur birthday promo next Friday and packs will sell out in minutes so again, they won’t care.

Agree... as you mentioned, even just one of the objective players like Osimhen, James etc would’ve kept everyone happy. Been playing PES as well on the side since that mini “revolution” and not gonna lie, it’s a lot of fun. Gameplay is very relaxing and doesn’t make me rage at all... just matchmaking is dead from the lack of players. But really refreshing gameplay, hope they’ll step it up for next year.

played 2 games in the afternoon and it was back to the same crap gameplay...lag and button lag etc...even on a 14ms ping...
    at least when I finish in the morning I can knock a few games out when servers are going nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

Well lads, have 10 swaps tokens, not waiting til next batch, who would ye go for? Thanks 👍

Well lads, have 10 swaps tokens, not waiting til next batch, who would ye go for? Thanks 👍

What’s your team and where would an Icon be most needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Started playing this evening at 8-7 which is good for me. Lost 4 in a row and decided tonight is not for me.
    Strange game, my Prime Klose who has actually being fairly good since I got him couldn’t get a kick.
    Down to 8-11 and the last four were the deepest I’d played their midfield passing it around well inside their own half.. not fun.
    But it works for some.

• Advertisement

Well lads, have 10 swaps tokens, not waiting til next batch, who would ye go for? Thanks ðŸ‘

Probably just roll the dice on the prime icon pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I have future stars Tierney, 90 David Luiz, 89 Wright, 91 Pires and about 450k to buy remainder, being doing the swaps so didn't have main team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

on 12 wins but very lucky that I won 4 penalty shootouts. LW john barnes is great and enjoying winning for one but exhausted after playing 20 games. I dont know how people can play 30 full games (with no quiting). That would make a twitchy mess.

14-2 atm but just absolutely no desire to continue, the game just isn't rewarding in the slightest. I'm more frustrated over the 2 losses than I am happy about the 14 wins, that shouldn't be the case but winning in this game just feels meaningless whereas losing feels like a complete waste of 20 minutes.

14-2 is a good win ratio.
    I can't get above 50% this year because the servers are absolute crap compared to their pc servers. Last year I was hitting 70-80% and this year on xbox its rubbish. Had a game a few mins ago and creamed the guy. Same this morning when the servers are good. When the servers are bad I just can't put a winning streak together at all.
    What platform are you on Os?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭Liamalone

2-1 can't be arsed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Having a lot of fun in rivals using this team, I’m creating so many chances.

1-DCFB797-8-ADC-47-B8-B825-64-F4-BD0-E9-C1-B.jpg

Probably just roll the dice on the prime icon pack.

I have future stars Tierney, 90 David Luiz, 89 Wright, 91 Pires and about 450k to buy remainder, being doing the swaps so didn't have main team.

With ten tokens, looking at the options.

Gullit was someone I saw being described as quite average, but that was when his price was 1m coins, rather than 10 tokens. Not sure how he'd be token wise.

Gattsuo's baby is an awesome CDM. I'm planning on grabbing him myself, most likely combined with Bergkamp.

Lampard is meant to be a pretty serious midfielder.

If you've not got any specific area in mind, the pack might be worth the gamble.

With ten tokens, looking at the options.

Gullit was someone I saw being described as quite average, but that was when his price was 1m coins, rather than 10 tokens. Not sure how he'd be token wise.

Gattsuo's baby is an awesome CDM. I'm planning on grabbing him myself, most likely combined with Bergkamp.

Lampard is meant to be a pretty serious midfielder.

If you've not got any specific area in mind, the pack might be worth the gamble.

Yeah that was my logic, I think the majority of players he’d get from prime pack would go in his team given that he’s working with almost a blank canvas.
    And of course he could get lucky with a Eusebio or someone really good.
    Would still have the second part of the season to pick up remaining tokens for a gattuso, Maldini etc.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I’ll still only get my 17 wl wins though :D

Right on cue, 17-12, just gave away last then as a free win.

I was 16-8 so was disappointed to lose 4 in a row before picking up the 17th win.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement