Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,761 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So I'm weak and caved to the temptation of the Mid Icon SBC, done 3 over the last couple days:

First one, I used an untradeable Base Okocha in the SBC:

pcRNbiA.png

Second, I used that Mid Okocha and the 91 Shevchenko I got from the Swaps pack:

Q5SXaku.png

Just finished the final one a few minutes ago, third time's the charm :D

2xg60v5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

Lord TSC wrote: »
    With ten tokens, looking at the options.

Gullit was someone I saw being described as quite average, but that was when his price was 1m coins, rather than 10 tokens. Not sure how he'd be token wise.

Gattsuo's baby is an awesome CDM. I'm planning on grabbing him myself, most likely combined with Bergkamp.

Lampard is meant to be a pretty serious midfielder.

If you've not got any specific area in mind, the pack might be worth the gamble.

Got Rijkaard, w or l?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Got Rijkaard, w or l?

I’d take it, he’s usable. He’s probably similar enough in quality to pim gattuso so def not a L.

Could’ve been Lehman or someone like that.

A nice middle of the road one, not a massive W but def not a L

Slap an anchor on him and switch him in game and you have a 95 cb or use shadow on him and you’ve got an excellent cdm

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, I find Rijkaard isnt bad. As Hogey said, either at CB or CDM, he'd be a great player to have, especially if you're lacking in those areas. 93 rated CDM with a Powerhouse on too.

I quite nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory today, but did manage to finish 17-13. First Gold 2 finish this game :)

It was weird though; my fullbacks started going MIA constantly, and my midfield all were charging the pitch constantly. Rooney and Tierney vanished on me.

I do adore Bruno POTM though. He'll be a big part of everything I do going forward :)

Seani Maguire is ridiculous, I'm genuinely sad to be replacing him with Eusebio, I'm keeping him in for the remainder of this WL and then he's gonna be the first player off my bench after that. He just netted me two headers in the same match:

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I’ve found myself to be scoring a lot of headers recently as well :pac: even straight from corners, FIFA 19 style. FFS Osimhen contributes to that a fair bit... unreal in the air.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Seani Maguire is ridiculous, I'm genuinely sad to be replacing him with Eusebio, I'm keeping him in for the remainder of this WL and then he's gonna be the first player off my bench after that. He just netted me two headers in the same match:

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

He’s awful for me. How are you playing him??

Market has shot way up, I want to do some SBCs but I’m not willing to pay the ridiculous prices for some of these players.

I was 14-8 and started messing last night while drunk, finished 16-14 oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Market has shot way up, I want to do some SBCs but I’m not willing to pay the ridiculous prices for some of these players.

I was 14-8 and started messing last night while drunk, finished 16-14 oops.

Bastards getting drunk while I’m working hard, although working from home means I can get in a few games during my breaks.
    Need 2 more wins and that will get me to 11. That will do me fine. I’ve stopped at 6 the last 2 months or so.

Finishing up at 20-7, had a lot of fun with this team and as you can see from the stats Maguire is a star:

TWtJXHB.png

Starting and in-game setups:

dpGGn5T.png
    z6D0esf.png

• Advertisement

Just came up against a fella with the golden goat tifo in div 6 ffs. Ball rolls and drag backs central.

Tbf the golden goat doesn't really mean anything anymore, there's been 25 Weekend Leagues, that's only 12 wins per WL if he played them all.

Tbf the golden goat doesn't really mean anything anymore, there's been 25 Weekend Leagues, that's only 12 wins per WL if he played them all.

Fair enough, didn’t realise there’s been so many WLs already :pac:

Flashback Ashley Young is out, not really sure what they're thinking releasing a LM Inter Flashback when there was already a better LM Inter Flashback released over 2 months ago.

he8h4UH.png

Why not make him a LB? His best FIFA cards have been LBs and there are no good English LBs in the game, why not a Flashback for this card?

JxM6RIe.png

Finishing up at 20-7, had a lot of fun with this team and as you can see from the stats Maguire is a star:

TWtJXHB.png

Starting and in-game setups:

dpGGn5T.png
    z6D0esf.png

Love the stats breakdown :)

Meant to ask you earlier about toty kdb and your post reminded me.

I see you use him as cam and from the stats he’s very effective for you.
    Have you used him as CM?

I play 4-1-2-1-2 narrow with HL Neymar at CAM, toty kante at cdm and prime Essien as holding CM.
    I’m still using base pogba as my cm with license to get forward but feel he needs replacing (was hoping for a moments pogba sbc but I reckon they’ll leave it til tots)

Tried prime gerrard in that role this weekend and also tried pim keane in cdm with kante and Essien both trying out in the cm role but in the end I reverted back to pogba (I want kante cdm so felt using him as an advanced cm to accommodate keane was pointless)

Anyway can kdb do the job of a cm or would he be wasted if not in cam role?
    Other player I was looking at was SS Marcelo.
    (Or open to any other suggestions to replace pogba - no more than 2.8mil)

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Love the stats breakdown :)

Meant to ask you earlier about toty kdb and your post reminded me.

I see you use him as cam and from the stats he’s very effective for you.
    Have you used him as CM?

I play 4-1-2-1-2 narrow with HL Neymar at CAM, toty kante at cdm and prime Essien as holding CM.
    I’m still using base pogba as my cm with license to get forward but feel he needs replacing (was hoping for a moments pogba sbc but I reckon they’ll leave it til tots)

Tried prime gerrard in that role this weekend and also tried pim keane in cdm with kante and Essien both trying out in the cm role but in the end I reverted back to pogba (I want kante cdm so felt using him as an advanced cm to accommodate keane was pointless)

Anyway can kdb do the job of a cm or would he be wasted if not in cam role?
    Other player I was looking at was SS Marcelo.
    (Or open to any other suggestions to replace pogba - no more than 2.8mil)

Yeah this is the first weekend in a while that I've actually played KdB at CAM, he's spent the last month or so mostly playing at CM alongside Essien in a 4-2-4 and he's brilliant there too. I've played him everywhere from CM to ST and he's great all over the pitch, wouldn't be against playing him at CDM either.

Yeah this is the first weekend in a while that I've actually played KdB at CAM, he's spent the last month or so mostly playing at CM alongside Essien in a 4-2-4 and he's brilliant there too. I've played him everywhere from CM to ST and he's great all over the pitch, wouldn't be against playing him at CDM either.

Ah great stuff, thanks very.
    I’m a million short for him at the moment but have 100 packs saved up which I’ll open for fut birthday (one benefit of when I was unassigned) so hopefully with a bit of pack luck and trading I’ll be able to get him in next week or so.

wtf at "LM young". I was so happy when I saw I'd finally get an upgrade on Shaw for my United team, only for him to be a LM. I guess he can be a 7 chem alternative.

Not a bad start for him...
    2473-B3-EA-9924-432-E-9-EC9-CEF12-F3-AC644.jpg

Not a bad start for him...
    2473-B3-EA-9924-432-E-9-EC9-CEF12-F3-AC644.jpg

Give him the 28 game contract, he earned it :D

• Advertisement

for anyone with twitch primer next pack 81+ release is tomorrow 22nd.

Blazer wrote: »
    for anyone with twitch primer next pack 81+ release is tomorrow 22nd.

I still haven’t gotten my first pack.

I still haven’t gotten my first pack.

did you make sure it was linked to the proper account?
    You can still claim it.

All online swaps done barring fut champs one for next weekend and then UCL one which I cba doing. Working at home is great joy so I can grind out the squad battles swaps in the mornings before work :D

Leaves me with 11 swaps and only needing 5 more for Rush/Dalglish... haven’t fully decided yet. None of the higher ones entice me... maybe Riquelme but wanting another Liverpool icon.

I’m torn between Gattuso/Bergkamp, or doing the pack.

I know my team would be better with the two lads. But I’m also aware that once I get that Fred card, he will probably be a staple in my midfield with Bruno too, leaving a lack of room for Gattuso.

The pack would basically be a “likely won’t improve my team. But could pull a miracle” lottery. But one more likely to net me a bench player.

I know my team would be better with the two lads. But I’m also aware that once I get that Fred card, he will probably be a staple in my midfield with Bruno too, leaving a lack of room for Gattuso.

The pack would basically be a “likely won’t improve my team. But could pull a miracle” lottery. But one more likely to net me a bench player.

It's a risk that didn't pay off for me. Now I'll have 15 tokens to get someone in a month, it's such a long wait now.

I have nothing left to do in the objectives (except SBs but aint nobody got time for that).

Guess that's why I've been playing with the Japanese squad.

I'm trying to get my twitch account linked and when linking the accounts it's asking me for a security code, none of my emails have it none of the authenticator codes work either. Anyway to find out where this code is sent when you click resend security code??

Gattuso is class, used him in draft a good bit and loved him every time.. I’ll more than likely buy him with coins once I get one of Rush/Dalglish... edging on the side of Rush cos moments card. Heard Bergkamp is a bit clunky but it’s hard to deny those stats. I’d take him if there wasn’t 2 Liverpool icons.

So here's the new team, really regretting not doing that Moments Bellerin now as Semedo is the only tradeable in the team and Bellerin would fit there perfectly (with FUTMAS De Gea in goal):

Screenshot-2020-03-23-at-13-32-37.png

In game:

Screenshot-2020-03-23-at-13-33-24.png

• Advertisement

I'm trying to get my twitch account linked and when linking the accounts it's asking me for a security code, none of my emails have it none of the authenticator codes work either. Anyway to find out where this code is sent when you click resend security code??

I think they’re not getting through. I was doing it last night and the email wasn’t coming through either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement