Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Will you touch me and pass on the luck, I’ve gone through 90% of my 60 odd packs and have had 1 walkout and 3 boards. Cavani, Banega, Burki & Borja Iglesias. Have the full prem SBC to submit tomorrow, hopefully my luck changes, is it too much to ask for some birthday cake?

WL was going well 4-0 and then game crashed as I scored a header, from a cross (I know, a header, I was shocked too as must’ve been the game) load the game back up and get the loss and the DNF message, currently at 5-1.

Oh I know the feeling, the first 120 packs I opened gave me nothing of note, an 84 as highest from a 125k, an 83 from next 125k, then an 82 from a 100k.
    It was demoralizing but thankfully the last 20 packs I had gave me the big win, I never got a card worth over a million before from packs (outside of tots guaranteed) so couldn’t believe it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Ended up with 171 packs saved. Opened 71 last night because I'm a sucker for a nice round number. Best pull was Fernandinho followed by UCL Akanji :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

They should rename those Mega packs to sucky packs! Nothing but a load of useless sh!te in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Changed my team around again. Using some new tactics allowed me to be a lot more fluid in front of goals but my weak cams were allowing my opponents to get back into the the game.
    Brought in CR7 and totw Nainggollan and dropped Ruud and Ziyech.
    Its hard on Ruud..he has 18 goals in 10 games with the new tactics but the CAMs behind him was allowing my opponents to take the ball of them and attack.
    Will see how it goes.
    Also I really need someone like Ballack to replace Essien or Gattuso. Both are excellent at what they do, but I have Essien on balanced and he's been in a load of positions to score goals that Ballack would easily convert and its costing me games also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

6-2 now. First loss was on penalties after we both scored 4 and the game decided to let mbabu take my fifth instead of players like litmanen, barnes and toty trent :rolleyes:

Second loss was a guy playing one depth 4-2-3-1 with icons and a red Ronaldo. He pauses the game 3 times for the full duration and watches every cutscene. He scores and watches everything.

I equalize in the second half and what do I do ? Pass the ball between my defenders for the rest of the match and quit at 90 at 1-1 so he doesn't get the win. Pettiest thing I've ever done but it felt great to get back at time wasters in some small way :pac:

I'd never do it to someone playing normally but his pausing and refusal to bring one man forward for the 40 mins my center backs had the ball was insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,760 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Had a shootout go past 10 last week and found out they've removed keepers from the penalty shootout rotation, how boring.

Just checked through futbin and only 1 of the top 50 most expensive Icons in the game has been available this year through Icon Swaps, and it was the 50th most expensive at that, Base Zidane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just came up against a real-life pro player! Stephen Sama, plays in the Eredivisie. Won 3-2 in champs.. had a nice conversation afterwards :pac: he was playing a 352 as well, actually a decent player too.

2-A0-EE7-F1-094-C-40-CA-BBCA-A7-A26-E2-BDEEC.jpg

CC98-EC8-D-9-B93-4491-A26-C-056-E920-CB2-AE.png

Don’t feel too bad now, I packed Muniain earlier. Sold him for 214000.

Just an FYI: if you score from a cross, it crashes the game. No idea why, and it doesn’t count as a win... lots have it on Twitter :pac:

• Advertisement

Just an FYI: if you score from a cross, it crashes the game. No idea why, and it doesn’t count as a win... lots have it on Twitter :pac:

Can they do anything right!! I scored from a Werner cross and it didn’t crash the game but also didn’t count the cross on bellarabi objective.
    It was a header so no disputing it was a cross and it showed the assist for Werner at the end of game.

But yeah seen about the crashing the game too, think it’s random and not every single time.

That’s what happened my WL game last night.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    That’s what happened my WL game last night.

I’m afraid to play mine now :pac: currently 7-4 after a 0-3 start yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

What are the best icon/PL right wing options? Currently changing between gold Salah and FS Daniel James but could probably upgrade. Problem is that a lot of icon wingers like mid Best seem like a fairly minor upgrade stats wise for what they cost. Has anyone used Figo/Best/Garrincha and able to compare them to Salah/James? Another option is to ditch the wingers altogether and go with a different formation.

Jesus, fair play. He looks unreal and card design is nice. Let us know how he plays!

Having used him in 20 matches today he’s as good as you’d expect. 26 goals and 12 assists.

I don’t really notice the minimal drop in stats from his toty version and for me, the 5 Star weak foot is more important.
    His fut birthday version is actually slightly dearer now on ps4 than the toty card.

What are the best icon/PL right wing options? Currently changing between gold Salah and FS Daniel James but could probably upgrade. Problem is that a lot of icon wingers like mid Best seem like a fairly minor upgrade stats wise for what they cost. Has anyone used Figo/Best/Garrincha and able to compare them to Salah/James? Another option is to ditch the wingers altogether and go with a different formation.

Figo would be the worst and not really an upgrade over James.
    Best and Garrincha are far ahead of him. Which is a joke really. These players should really tell EA to sod off if theyr'e going to make a mockery of their cards.

I used Base Garrincha for ages earlier in the year and loved him, but his in-game model has two legs of identical length so he's basically unusable.

Blazer wrote: »
    Figo would be the worst and not really an upgrade over James.
    Best and Garrincha are far ahead of him. Which is a joke really. These players should really tell EA to sod off if theyr'e going to make a mockery of their cards.

Some players just really don't fit the meta certain years, pretty hilarious that one of the biggest new Icons this year is Drogba, in a year where heading and physicality and complete non-factors.

Some players just really don't fit the meta certain years, pretty hilarious that one of the biggest new Icons this year is Drogba, in a year where heading and physicality and complete non-factors.

yep have to laugh at it..last year my potm Hazard was beating Van Dijk for far post headers lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Finished up 8-2 which is pretty good considering I've never finished above gold 2.

Oddly enough I couldn't score from a cross to save my life :pac: Had 3 perfect crosses from toty trent result in wonder saves or rattled posts.

At the point now where the lower tier icons I have are the weakest part of my team which is annoying. Found base Rijkaard far too clunky so using the shapeshifter Acuna as my dm instead.

Wish there was some sort of upgrade sbc where you could submit an icon you got from the first/second swaps batch plus some high rated squads and get his prime.

• Advertisement

I submitted a lot of my higher rated cards like shapeshifter Acuna as he didnt 'suit my team's style of play into the mid icon and got Essien which I was happy with.
    But now with my new tactics I actually need Acuna who's shooting skills are higher than Essiens.
    Oh the irony of it :(

Really hope we get a good SBC soon or I'll be submitting that KdB into another Mid Icon pack, so far the two Birthday SBCs have been so dull.

Really hope we get a good SBC soon or I'll be submitting that KdB into another Mid Icon pack, so far the two Birthday SBCs have been so dull.

sobs quietly into my hands :)

What ever happened to End of Era cards? We've only gotten 2 all year (Villa, Schweinsteiger) despite massive players like Casillas and De Rossi also announcing their retirements.

What ever happened to End of Era cards? We've only gotten 2 all year (Villa, Schweinsteiger) despite massive players like Casillas and De Rossi also announcing their retirements.

i thought they were released last year. for fifa 19? No it was a flasback card for Rossi.

Blazer wrote: »
    i thought they were released last year. for fifa 19?

Just checked, they both got Flashbacks last year and De Rossi got an EoE in 18 for leaving Roma.

Just checked, they both got Flashbacks last year and De Rossi got an EoE in 18 for leaving Roma.

ah fifa 18...wish they just released that again...**** the upgrades.

According to the FUT birthday article that EA posted, we’re supposedly getting a “flashback” FUT birthday card to a previous fan favourite.

According to the FUT birthday article that EA posted, we’re supposedly getting a “flashback” FUT birthday card to a previous fan favourite.

Going by the theme of 5* Skills and WF for this promo maybe someone like Nani or Taarabt?

• Advertisement

Going by the theme of 5* Skills and WF for this promo maybe someone like Nani or Taarabt?

awesome..another SBC i can ignore.
    I'm betting Martial....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement