Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,760 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Also speaking of EoE cards I really feel like they should be permanent SBCs, I mean this is often literally the last time these players will be in FIFA, you should be given more than 3 days to do their SBCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Going by the theme of 5* Skills and WF for this promo maybe someone like Nani or Taarabt?

Potentially... or maybe a return of Alessandrini :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I’m liking that moments Nainggolan card with hunter. 6 goals in 2 games. That extra bit of strength is exactly what I needed in the cam role. CR7 felt like a lumbering idiot so I had seen one guy comment that sniper made a world of difference. Didn’t have a sniper but threw artist on him and by god it made a difference to him for the next game. With the extra passing himself and Nain just split defences.
    Will try him out for a few more games and see.

Blazer wrote: »
    I’m liking that moments Nainggolan card with hunter. 6 goals in 2 games. That extra bit of strength is exactly what I needed in the cam role. CR7 felt like a lumbering idiot so I had seen one guy comment that sniper made a world of difference. Didn’t have a sniper but threw artist on him and by god it made a difference to him for the next game. With the extra passing himself and Nain just split defences.
    Will try him out for a few more games and see.

I use Engine on Ronaldo, it's the only chem style that gives a +10 to Balance which is his one bad stat.

Finished the night 10-5 from a 0-4 start Friday morning... not too bad. Went on a 10 game win streak and foiled just now by an elite 3 player. Absolutely dominated with Prime Henry and IF Ronaldo... just the 4 wins left to get tomorrow, hopefully won’t be too hard!

• Advertisement

Eusebio's a joke

giphy.gif

I use Engine on Ronaldo, it's the only chem style that gives a +10 to Balance which is his one bad stat.

Yeah I’ve always used engine on him but the increase in agility seems to give him a better boost. I must try it out for another few games and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Frisbee wrote: »
    Ended up with 171 packs saved. Opened 71 last night because I'm a sucker for a nice round number. Best pull was Fernandinho followed by UCL Akanji :(

Up to 120 packs opened now with only Benzema & Thiago to add to this. Every time I do this it just reinforces to me how idiotic it would be to buy packs.

Unless you are Osmosis of course who would prob get FUT Birthday Mbappe and Sissoko from a Jumbo Gold Pack.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Up to 120 packs opened now with only Benzema & Thiago to add to this. Every time I do this it just reinforces to me how idiotic it would be to buy packs.

Unless you are Osmosis of course who would prob get FUT Birthday Mbappe and Sissoko from a Jumbo Gold Pack.

Do you buy packs? I do at least once a month bigger fool me.
    I bet Osmosis doesnt'. The theory is EA have a weighting for each user when opening packs (this is easily done in a sql/oracle databases) and people who haven't spent money on the game have a higher weighting thus leading to better rewards in the hope it entices them to spend money to get better rewards.
    And those that spend money regularly get a lower rating as they're basically sucked into the game anyway and EA know they will buy fifa points anyway.
    And this could be a dynamic setting based on how often users spend money. Its a simple setup and basic maths. I've done far more complicated stuff in databases with maths and users spending so again no hassle for EA.

No one has ever proved it..but users who have jumped to another platform for fifa all get higher rewards. I jumped to PC last year and got crazy rewards last year. In 10 years of playing fifa not one icon. But jump to pc last year got me 3.
    Same if I skip a month for fifa points....the packs I then open get higher rewards.

I bet Osmosis doesnt'. The theory is EA have a weighting for each user when opening packs (this is easily done in a sql/oracle databases) and people who haven't spent money on the game have a higher weighting thus leading to better rewards in the hope it entices them to spend money to get better rewards.
    And those that spend money regularly get a lower rating as they're basically sucked into the game anyway and EA know they will buy fifa points anyway.
    And this could be a dynamic setting based on how often users spend money. Its a simple setup and basic maths. I've done far more complicated stuff in databases with maths and users spending so again no hassle for EA.

No one has ever proved it..but users who have jumped to another platform for fifa all get higher rewards. I jumped to PC last year and got crazy rewards last year. In 10 years of playing fifa not one icon. But jump to pc last year got me 3.
    Same if I skip a month for fifa points....the packs I then open get higher rewards.

100% think this is true. Played PES for 3 weeks/a month and came back to FIFA, opened MM packs from that week and got 3 back to back walkouts 88+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Doesn’t work for me, never spent one penny on FIFA points and outside of TOTs last year haven’t had any pack luck.

Pulled a couple of low rated icons in 19 but none in 20 so far.

Best pull on a regular card in FIFA 19 was Neymar this year just a few 89 rated. Best special cards in 20 have been a Headliners Mertens and TOTW Lewandowski.

Opened 4 Jumbo Premium packs last night which yielded an 82, 81, 80 and 83 with the latter being a duplicate. Also opened a Prime Gold Players pack and the best pull from that was a 78 Connabel player.

Still have 60+ packs to open so further disappointment incoming

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Spend €50 at the start of the year and never a penny after.

Get sweet F.A. pack wise really.

I finally did it :D

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Just pulled Joao Cancelo from the 2 83+ SBC, he's untradeable and I also have Bellerin but sure I'm not going to complain, his stats look awesome!!

I've been trying that corner kick thing for ages now with no luck, give me your tips??

I bet Osmosis doesnt'.

Yeah I don't, this is also just baseless speculation but most of my good pulls come from SBCs rather than rewards from Draft, WL, or Rivals, and 90% of them are untradeable. I've always felt like untradeable packs have better weight because EA have less to lose if you can't sell them, but again that's complete speculation.

Mr Moon wrote: »

I've been trying that corner kick thing for ages now with no luck, give me your tips??

Honestly I've no idea, I've tried it a tonne too, think my opponent just dragged his keeper out a little too far this time and it helps to have a 99 Curve corner taker.

Yeah I don't, this is also just baseless speculation but most of my good pulls come from SBCs rather than rewards from Draft, WL, or Rivals, and 90% of them are untradeable. I've always felt like untradeable packs have better weight because EA have less to lose if you can't sell them, but again that's complete speculation.

think it was the same for me last year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Is anyone having trouble with sbc's that say minimum 11 in the squad I have tried 3 different sbc's and all of them still say the requirement isn't met when 11 players are in the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

cintec wrote: »
    Is anyone having trouble with sbc's that say minimum 11 in the squad I have tried 3 different sbc's and all of them still say the requirement isn't met when 11 players are in the squad.

Which sbc and I’ll take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

10-3 now. Scored a great free kick with toty trent, frees are the one thing I really like about fifa 20. The right analog stick for applying the curve feels great when it works.

Also Mason Greenwood is on twitch streaming fifa.

• Advertisement

Gyan84 wrote: »
    10-3 now. Scored a great free kick with toty trent, frees are the one thing I really like about fifa 20. The right analog stick for applying the curve feels great when it works.

Also Mason Greenwood is on twitch streaming fifa.

Agree on the free kicks, I’ve got some absolute bangers with fb David Luiz :)

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Which sbc and I’ll take a look.

The advanced ones Four Leaf clover and National Pride are the ones I have tried.

Getting a really annoying connection issue. Sometimes doesn’t let me to connect into FUT at all and then other times, I can get in but can’t get into rivals or champs but can still do SBCs etc. Have to keep restarting the PS4 and the odd time it’ll eventually connect for me but if back out of the champs menu, get the same errors again.

Anyone else have anything like this? Testing internet connection tells me it can’t connect to DNS, but my phone, PC etc are all working fine.

cintec wrote: »
    The advanced ones Four Leaf clover and National Pride are the ones I have tried.

Those advanced ones have very specific requirements, like the Celtic pride part of four leaf clover requires 11 different nationalities and 5 different leagues along with the minimum rating of 75 or 76 and the chemistry

Just check that all the requirements boxes are ticked, there’s probably 1 you missed.
    Futbin is good for giving solutions if you’re stuck.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Those advanced ones have very specific requirements, like the Celtic pride part of four leaf clover requires 11 different nationalities and 5 different leagues along with the minimum rating of 75 or 76 and the chemistry

Just check that all the requirements boxes are ticked, there’s probably 1 you missed.
    Futbin is good for giving solutions if you’re stuck.

I misread the requirements it's min clubs 11 not 11 players in the squad :)

FB Ogbonna - 2x 85, 1x86
    81+ double upgrades
    84-91 upgrades

Not too bad... have a trade pile of rares to submit into that 81+.

The 84-91 is repeatable, requires an 83 squad with 70 chem and has the double wide players, lm, lw plus rm rw so 83’s in those positions will rise.

Did it once, got fut birthday Correa, nice :)
    I’ll fire a few more untradeables Into it.

Ps. Love the birthday song when you get a fut birthday player :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

I did it once I got 84 Dzeko lol
    2nd one some 84 gk

I did it once I got 84 Dzeko lol
    2nd one some 84 gk

Third times a charm so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

FB Ogbonna - 2x 85, 1x86
    81+ double upgrades
    84-91 upgrades

Not too bad... have a trade pile of rares to submit into that 81+.

Cheers for the heads up. Did about 10 of them, got Pique and Kane in one pack which I was pretty delighted with. Said I'd do one or two more.. Got FUT Birthday Griezmann!! Now to try and fit him into my team.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement