Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Opened squad battles rewards now, 2 x 55k packs and got fut birthday havertz, totw moments Lucas moura and totw moments coman.

Pack luck has been great since I came on here bitching and moaning about pack luck Friday night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Blazer wrote: »
    Do you buy packs? I do at least once a month bigger fool me.
    I bet Osmosis doesnt'. The theory is EA have a weighting for each user when opening packs (this is easily done in a sql/oracle databases) and people who haven't spent money on the game have a higher weighting thus leading to better rewards in the hope it entices them to spend money to get better rewards.
    And those that spend money regularly get a lower rating as they're basically sucked into the game anyway and EA know they will buy fifa points anyway.
    And this could be a dynamic setting based on how often users spend money. Its a simple setup and basic maths. I've done far more complicated stuff in databases with maths and users spending so again no hassle for EA.

No one has ever proved it..but users who have jumped to another platform for fifa all get higher rewards. I jumped to PC last year and got crazy rewards last year. In 10 years of playing fifa not one icon. But jump to pc last year got me 3.
    Same if I skip a month for fifa points....the packs I then open get higher rewards.

Spent €7.49 on day one to open a few packs and not put a penny in since. All packs are saved up from SBCs & Rivals/SB Rewards. Can add TotW Moments Reina to the list now as well... :rolleyes:

Can now add a second untradeable TotW Moments Reina.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Thinking of running this (almost) first owner team if I buy Greizmann and do the Vidal SBC.

Would love to upgrade Hazard and fit David Luiz in the team.

Starting formation is 4-5-1 but goes to 4-2-3-1 in game.

311-DE5-A1-FC20-4-D11-B164-0-FC5-CF93-D603.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The problem with Luiz is he’s not a high defensive player and will cost you goals from being out of position so much.
    Now he has saved me goals also but basically I just want my defenders to just defend not waiting for a cross into the opponents box :)

The problem with Luiz is he’s not a high defensive player and will cost you goals from being out of position so much.
    Now he has saved me goals also but basically I just want my defenders to just defend not waiting for a cross into the opponents box :)

Any ideas to tighten that defence then? Improve the team as a whole. I might also take out Odegaard and bring in moments Jovic and play Griezmann as the CAM and Jovic as the ST, his 5* WF is a joy to use.

• Advertisement

Swap Ramos with Semedo and switch in game so Ramos is on full chem.
    Lenglet is supposed to be unreal anyway and there’s also scream Pique? Or was he a sbc?

Also how’s Griezeman as ST.
    I found him far more dangerous at CAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I'm tempted to buy that Griezmann card!!

I bought him a few hours after he was released ( Coulda got him for 1.47m but ended up hesitating and eventually shelled out 1.63m).

He feels really good on the ball and is clinical in front of goal. Whack a hunter on him and he’ll bang in goals for fun.

Might get Maldini in the swaps and go with something like this.

F11-D32-D2-22-B6-4978-BCD7-6-F511-D312-A25.jpg

7 games left and on 13 win.
    Might go for 17tonight. They really should just extend weekend to Monday’s for the rest of the year.

7 games left and on 13 win.
    Might go for 17tonight. They really should just extend weekend to Monday’s for the rest of the year.

They really should, takes so much pressure off.

Got to 17 myself today, 17-11, gave the last 2 wins away but be interesting to see if I can get to 18 next week with the extra prize.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Open a pack.

Birthday flair.

OMG! Here we go!!!!!

Djene.

:(

Same pack, draft token!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,760 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Choked Elite :pac:

dPN5w5v.png

Always the worst to finish 1 win off the next rank, makes you feel like you just wasted an hour getting the 21st and 22nd wins when you're gonna get the same rewards as 20 wins anyway.

Kent?

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

got trezeguet in the prime icon pack. What a waste of 9 tokens.

16 Pickfords all sold at 6:15. Guessing someone used him in a solution for that moments Ramsey.

Think I'm going to take another crack at the Icon SBC. I've got a good few 85s and 86s doing upgrades today. Reckon I can do it for about 250k

Lord TSC wrote: »
    16 Pickfords all sold at 6:15. Guessing someone used him in a solution for that moments Ramsey.

Think I'm going to take another crack at the Icon SBC. I've got a good few 85s and 86s doing upgrades today. Reckon I can do it for about 250k

What’s your current team like now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Packed Handanovic yesterday from the upgrades and just packed Lloris from the daily SBC :pac: I’m getting more and more tempted. If no decent SBC comes this weekend, I’m doing it.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    What’s your current team like now?

Honestly, it's pretty fluid.

Rio and Koeman as my center back duo. Usually Moments Tierney and OTW AWB either side.

POTM Bruno, Flashback Rooney and Baby Socrates in my midfield.

The depends on how I'm feeling. Last weekend, I had a front three of Moments Sane, TOTY Mane and 86 James. The trio got me to 17 wins. But Mane really didn't feel like a 1.7m player, so have sold him off.

I have so many untradeables though, the team fluctates. Oshiman gets a tonne of game time. Zieych and Iniesta are great creative engines.

Got Owens from the Prime Icon pack, and ran a United team for a few games yesterday, and enjoyed it. It was....
    MOTM Ighalo - IF Martial
    FB Mata
    FB Young - POTM Bruno - MOTM Fred - OTW Bassika
    HL Smalling - Baby Rio - OTW Maguire
    DDG

Owen, Rooney and James on as subs latter in the game. I know Ighalo's stats don't look great, but I think because I was playing a "weaker" team, a lot of people seemed to be giving me a tonne of space to work with, so I was enjoying using it.

Planning on playing the same formation this weekend, but probably as...
    Owen - New Striker
    Socrates
    (Probably) Sane - Bruno - New CM - AWB
    Rio - Koeman - Smalling
    Lehmann

Going to see what I get from another mid Icon pack though.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Do you get something for 18 wins in the weekend league this weekend or is that next weekend ? I’ve 17 wins and 1 game left.

Honestly, it's pretty fluid.

Rio and Koeman as my center back duo. Usually Moments Tierney and OTW AWB either side.

POTM Bruno, Flashback Rooney and Baby Socrates in my midfield.

The depends on how I'm feeling. Last weekend, I had a front three of Moments Sane, TOTY Mane and 86 James. The trio got me to 17 wins. But Mane really didn't feel like a 1.7m player, so have sold him off.

I have so many untradeables though, the team fluctates. Oshiman gets a tonne of game time. Zieych and Iniesta are great creative engines.

Got Owens from the Prime Icon pack, and ran a United team for a few games yesterday, and enjoyed it. It was....
    MOTM Ighalo - IF Martial
    FB Mata
    FB Young - POTM Bruno - MOTM Fred - OTW Bassika
    HL Smalling - Baby Rio - OTW Maguire
    DDG

Owen, Rooney and James on as subs latter in the game. I know Ighalo's stats don't look great, but I think because I was playing a "weaker" team, a lot of people seemed to be giving me a tonne of space to work with, so I was enjoying using it.

Planning on playing the same formation this weekend, but probably as...
    Owen - New Striker
    Socrates
    (Probably) Sane - Bruno - New CM - AWB
    Rio - Koeman - Smalling
    Lehmann

Going to see what I get from another mid Icon pack though.

Very nice, I particularly like the United side you run. That season objective Fred is going to fit so nicely into your team.

And yeah I think it’d be worth your while doing another icon sbc so, as osmosis said, there’s so many icons that played for united you could get a nice one like blanc, that’s of course if you don’t hit it big with a R9, gullit, Eusebio etc.

• Advertisement

GavK wrote: »
    Do you get something for 18 wins in the weekend league this weekend or is that next weekend ? I’ve 17 wins and 1 game left.

It’s next weekend. You might aswell just enter a game with a bronze team, score an own goal and quit and maybe make someone else’s night a little bit nicer :)

88 Desailly.

Anyone use him? He's a CDM, so he'll fit into my team easily enough. Though a quick read online seems to be people saying he suits CB better.

88 Desailly.

Anyone use him? He's a CDM, so he'll fit into my team easily enough. Though a quick read online seems to be people saying he suits CB better.

Would make a good CB if you swapped him with someone who starts at CB in-game, like Koeman, Rijkaard, or Flashback Luiz if you've got him, but I wouldn't be playing a midfielder with these stats:

Fvw2NgJ.pngMKXZR50.png

88 Desailly.

Yeah looks a beast of a cb with sentinel (or anchor)
    Easy in game swap with koeman moving to cdm maybe??

Def a W on that one.

Also yeah Desailly at CB is a monster, at least his 87 is so I'd imagine the 88 is just as good.

Had been saying I was going to run a 3atb, so I’ll set up something to position change him into the CB slot. :)

I played Brandon Smith earlier. He commentates during the pro Fifa tournaments. I lost 5-4 after extra-time.

He's a sound guy, I went into his stream after the match and talked about the game a bit.

fb895e7ade0891844a079ca08a9b0919.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Does Koeman 88 make a decent CDM?

What did he say about the game? Nothing bad ? :)

• Advertisement

What did he say about the game? Nothing bad ? :)

Well I actually meant we talked about the game we had just played. Sorry if that was unclear.

I had fierce lag during the game at times and I would've liked to have had a fair crack at the whip. I'd say I could have got the victory.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement