Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,760 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Thinking about building a backup team based around something like this, just need for there to be a single good German RB in the game

1mKqCDY.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Does Koeman 88 make a decent CDM?

Yep definitely.

Rare pack opening...

Boards...walkout.....French.....icon.....ST....moments....

Henry!!!!!!!

No ****in Trezeguet...Bollix!!!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blazer.

Base CR7 or PIM RVN?

Think you've used both and we seem to have similar views on them. Just noticed Ronnie is down to 600k, and PIM RVN is just under 800k. I loved Prime RVN, and was going to buy him back for the weekend, and saw his PIM is the same price now I paid for his prime a while back.

(Mind, his prime is also "only" 355k, so I could look to settle for that and grab another icon too...)

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Blazer.

Base CR7 or PIM RVN?

Think you've used both and we seem to have similar views on them. Just noticed Ronnie is down to 600k, and PIM RVN is just under 800k. I loved Prime RVN, and was going to buy him back for the weekend, and saw his PIM is the same price now I paid for his prime a while back.

(Mind, his prime is also "only" 355k, so I could look to settle for that and grab another icon too...)

I would lean towards PIM Ronnie...he’s not as clinical as CR7 but I found that his movement ie agility etc is better. Plus much higher aggression.
    I don’t know what EA have done to CR7 since Xmas but he’s not the same player I was praising before it. He feels far more clunky and not as involved in the game I find.

Also Ruud’s moments card gets 4* weak foot over his prime. That’s definitely worth the extra coins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I found using Ruuds prime card that his passing was just awful, I couldn't create anything for him and had to sell him on after one weekend. Shame, I had high hopes for him as he is lethal in the box.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I found using Ruuds prime card that his passing was just awful, I couldn't create anything for him and had to sell him on after one weekend. Shame, I had high hopes for him as he is lethal in the box.

With his moments you can use engine as his shooting is already basically maxed out so it jumped short passing to 85 I think.

Blazer wrote: »
    With his moments you can use engine as his shooting is already basically maxed out so it jumped short passing to 85 I think.
    I had him on engine, just didn't suit me.

Has anyone got the crossing objective for the fut birthday card guy? Is it still crashing if you score from a cross? I thought I had scored one but it didn't register. Such an annoying objective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Has anyone got the crossing objective for the fut birthday card guy? Is it still crashing if you score from a cross? I thought I had scored one but it didn't register. Such an annoying objective.

Yeah I have Bellarabi done and it didn't crash. I did it using low driven crosses as I could have an open net and a header would still hit the post.

I'm finding all the objectives are hit and miss when it comes to registering. I score 3 volleys with Brazilian players per squad battle and sometimes it still doesn't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I had him on engine, just didn't suit me.

Yeah I got it complete. No crashes on ps4 for me but not all crosses registered either.
    Had 5 register and 3 not register.
    Used a full bundes team to avoid any confusion and used lofted crosses, no idea why 3 didn’t register as they were identical to the ones that did.

• Advertisement

I was looking at those objectives and think”I just can’t be arsed for 2 cards I’ll just dump into a sbc”

Blazer wrote: »
    I was looking at those objectives and think”I just can’t be arsed for 2 cards I’ll just dump into a sbc”

But what if one of them turns out to be the next Kent? :pac::pac::pac:

I’ve no idea what’s going on since Friday but I just got fut birthday griezmann in the daily sbc!

That’s insane, I’ve not got even close to the best player in a promo before so to get the top 2, mbappe and griezmann is crazy! And havertz to boot.

Jesus I might get my R9 yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I’ve no idea what’s going on since Friday but I just got fut birthday griezmann in the daily sbc!

That’s insane, I’ve not got even close to the best player in a promo before so to get the top 2, mbappe and griezmann is crazy! And havertz to boot.

Top pull man, congrats. I've been using him over the past 3 or 4 days, he's insane.

Top pull man, congrats. I've been using him over the past 3 or 4 days, he's insane.

Cheers man, do you play him as a striker or cf/cam.
    I already have HL Neymar in CAM role where I think griezmann would be best. But I’ll try him or Neymar out in striker role and see how it goes.
    He’s tradeable anyway so I can cash in 1.6mil or so either :)

OMG, what a win man!! Daily player pack? Unreal!!

I'm going to try him out tonight myself, I had to spend 1.5 million on him though. :(

OMG, what a win man!! Daily player pack? Unreal!!

I'm going to try him out tonight myself, I had to spend 1.5 million on him though. :(

Thanks man. Yeah it’s insane, I’d never packed a player worth more than a million ever before so mbappe and griezmann in 4 days is crazy.
    And from a 45k pack too.

In those first 120 packs I had saved Friday night i was getting so much rubbish, to the point I wasn’t even bothered swapping out the untradeables for tradeables, I was just so frustrated opening them I was discarding 4 or 5 golds per pack. (Then I decided I needed a break :D)

Let us know how you find him anyway as it’ll be the weekend before I get to use him properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Cheers man, do you play him as a striker or cf/cam.
    I already have HL Neymar in CAM role where I think griezmann would be best. But I’ll try him or Neymar out in striker role and see how it goes.
    He’s tradeable anyway so I can cash in 1.6mil or so either :)

Striker with hunter. I switch him to cam in the second half often when I change formation and he's just as good there. He is great for creating space with his dribbling and quick turns.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,760 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The fact that the pack you get for completing all the FUT Birthday Daily Objectives offers less than a 1% chance at actually getting a FUT Birthday card is just such classic EA.

X1HU3rO.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

The fact that the pack you get for completing all the FUT Birthday Daily Objectives offers less than a 1% chance at actually getting a FUT Birthday card is just such classic EA.

X1HU3rO.png

Jesus, is that all at the end of it?! I would’ve thought it’d be something nice like a guaranteed birthday player or a 50k, 100k, 125k pack etc

• Advertisement

Need my 5 rival wins for my ultimate pack. Might get Griezeman :)
    I now have coins for him after selling Ruud so very tempted. I reckon his price will actually go up Friday once he’s gone out of packs.
    Marshall gave him a 9.7 which is one go the highest I’ve ever seen him give i think.

Splashed on the coins on Griezeman and he’s without a doubt the best card I’ve used this year up front. I have to pair him with Lacazette for full chem until I get PIM Bergkamp.

I’ll put it like this. If EA allowed me to turn tradeable cards into untradeable I’ll do Griezeman’s on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Where are you playing him at Blazer? I could just about afford him with a few sales, be coinless after though :(

At CAM but switch him to ST.

anyone do Ramsey...looks like a damn good CM. I'm very tempted to and then do Sandro to link in.
    But then there's that Fred card...and that looks pretty good in the CM role as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Got to use Prime Eusebio yesterday in draft. Bloody hell, what a player. Stormed to the finals and he was like a cheat mode. The amount of times the ball just glued to him was incredible.

Looked at his baby and saw he's like 4m though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

thinking of going for the prime icon in the icon swaps has anyone pulled a superstar from it yet or will I likely get schmeichel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

seamie78 wrote: »
    thinking of going for the prime icon in the icon swaps has anyone pulled a superstar from it yet or will I likely get schmeichel

looking at people doing prime icon swaps on youtube and and hardly any one of them got anything decent........The best i saw in about 120 pulls was Ronaldinho, loads of ****e, you would be better off going for Daglish, Bergkamp, Maradona, I am going to go for one of those.......

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

dunno if I can go through the slog to get to them, so I was thinking laudrup or the random one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I'll be lucky to reach the nine tokens for the pack, the slog does not appeal to me at all. It should though, I got Crespo in the base icon pack and he's still doing the business for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement