Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I am going to go with Laudrup, he definitely looks the best value card anyway. If you had the time then when the next batch come out you could always do the random pack and see who you get, that's my plan. Kaka and Maradona were the other two that tempted me but having to wait another few weeks is a killer, stats wise Laudrup is arguably better than Kaka and Maradona has a 3* weak foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

seamie78 wrote: »
    dunno if I can go through the slog to get to them, so I was thinking laudrup or the random one

true it is a slog, I got 11 of the first 12, not going near the 12 wins in the weekend league, I would go mad if I did 9 tokens and did the icon swap and got something rubbish,

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I took gattuso as he fits my formation alongside essien from the previous swap. He’s solid and I’m going to get either Dalglish, Rush or Bergkamp when the next batch are released. But if I was to do it again I’d go for Laudrup or the pack, too long of a wait for the next 12 tokens. They should have released all 24 at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

was going to do the gattuso card but packed 91 keane a few weeks ago so no point

• Registered Users Posts: 19,759 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

15 available tokens after doing the Icon pack, I was gonna go for Maldini but by the time I can redeem him I probably won't need him so just gonna take Litmanen and Puyol for high rated SBC fodder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

think il go for laudrup still a few tokens to get plenty of time to decide, thanks for the input guys

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I'm still regretting getting the icon pack. Everytime I see someone open one it brings back bad memories of my Ochoha.

Loving Griezmann!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Apparently this is the TOTW that EA chose from FIFA 19........

https://twitter.com/futdonk/status/1245319185804275712?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Apparently this is the TOTW that EA chose from FIFA 19........

https://twitter.com/futdonk/status/1245319185804275712?s=21

Yep, confirmed, absolutely tragic team!! At least we get our red pick disappointments out of the way now.

The irony that they add the hashtag #stayandplay when giving that dross

https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1245350205223866368?s=21

The TOTW being so bad for so long was excused by "well it's based on real life performances, EA can't influence that" but now they can choose whoever they want and it's still this shíte. It's fcuking April and the highest rated player in the TOTW is an 87.

• Advertisement

The TOTW being so bad for so long was excused by "well it's based on real life performances, EA can't influence that" but now they can choose whoever they want and it's still this shíte. It's fcuking April and the highest rated player in the TOTW is an 87.

They’re so lazy with this concept but even after that, there was so much better options for them to choose.

And just to highlight their laziness, they used the same dynamic image for Verdi as his winter refresh card.

I looked back at previous TOTWs as well... FIFA 18 had the best with Auba, Lewandowski, Perisic, Ibra, Alli, Cuadrado, Luis Alberto etc., and FIFA 17 had Lewandowski, Isco, Hamsik, Coutinho, Keita as well so they’ve purposely chosen a ****e one :pac:

Jaysus that's a rubbish TOTW at this stage, made worse by the fact they picked which team to go with. I reckon due to lockdowns across the world they had big numbers playing FUT Champs this weekend and they didn't want too many people getting cards that were too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

This sums it up really. They have to be one of the worst companies in the entire world.

https://twitter.com/NepentheZ/status/1245354961082384396

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Wow, awful TOTW!!

I bet I'll get Robertson...

I have his red pick, packed his TOTY card and was offered his red pick again when they last did the WL extra red picks objective!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hello April fools day everyone :)
    There’s no bloody EA would do that, but then again the pricks know I hit 14 wins this weekend so decided to screwed me over :)

Blazer wrote: »
    Hello April fools day everyone :)
    There’s no bloody EA would do that, but then again the pricks know I hit 14 wins this weekend so decided to screwed me over :)

Could you imagine! Tweet @ 6PM saying April fools, real TOTW is a “Best of TOTW”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

That's an atrocious totw.

I was thinking I hope I get that Robertson for my past and present Liverpool squad but as a second IF he still only has 66 strength.

IFs in general are absolutely useless this year. Defenders get given plus one to random stats like volleys to encourage you to aim for the weekly promo player instead where the real upgrades are.

Robertson is a perfect example of this: his new 87 has only 1 extra strength point over his base 85 and that took two in forms to get!

Flashback Taarabt - 84 squad, seems pretty good
    April fools kit
    April fools SBC - bronze player pack..... think EA chose the wrong time to joke with their player base :pac:

EDIT: Never mind, that pack is actually a gold players pack I think.

Flashback Taarabt - 84 squad, seems pretty good
    April fools kit
    April fools SBC - bronze player pack..... think EA chose the wrong time to joke with their player base :pac:

EDIT: Never mind, that pack is actually a gold players pack I think.

Haha yeah, it’s 5 gold item and 1 bronze.
    Guaranteed people will be paying a fortune though for certain bronze players to get the chem bang on 33 :D

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Haha yeah, it’s 5 gold item and 1 bronze.
    Guaranteed people will be paying a fortune though for certain bronze players to get the chem bang on 33 :D

Ah tbf, just buy bronzes 200 coins off the market.
    Got nothing from the pack anyway, UCL Milner the best player.

Ah tbf, just buy bronzes 200 coins off the market.
    Got nothing from the pack anyway, UCL Milner the best player.

I didn’t mean anyone here, we’re all fairly clued in on fifa, but others are clueless and use futbin for everything.

Got nothing from mine either, jovic.

I’ll do that taraabt sbc tomorrow when I open rewards as no doubt I’ll get some untradeable fodder.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I didn’t mean anyone here, we’re all fairly clued in on fifa, but others are clueless and use futbin for everything.

Got nothing from mine either, jovic.

I’ll do that taraabt sbc tomorrow when I open rewards as no doubt I’ll get some untradeable fodder.

I packed untradeable Wijnaldum 3 times over the last couple days so I’ll recover him and use him in it :pac:

Taarabt is a no brainer, even if you never use him he's only a couple k more expensive than the cheapest 88s, and you can swap untradeables for him.

I am going to go with Laudrup, he definitely looks the best value card anyway. If you had the time then when the next batch come out you could always do the random pack and see who you get, that's my plan. Kaka and Maradona were the other two that tempted me but having to wait another few weeks is a killer, stats wise Laudrup is arguably better than Kaka and Maradona has a 3* weak foot.

Just to follow up on this, got the 9th token today (after some torture playing squad battles) and got Laudrup. Have to say I am very impressed so far, his dribbling in particular is impressive. Shooting was a bit disappointing in first two games so stuck a hunter on him and that solved that. He has the dribbling ability and pace to burst past a defender, passing is top notch and he is agile and smooth on the ball. With the hunter he is scoring goals no problem too and gets in good goalscoring positions.

Still haven't purchased anyone to allow me to fit the new Griezmann into my team but will address that tomorrow, but based on his appearances from the bench he isn't impressing me as much as he seems to be impressing everyone else. Dare I say Laudrup arguably feels nicer based on a limited amount of games for both so far...

Just to follow up on this, got the 9th token today (after some torture playing squad battles) and got Laudrup. Have to say I am very impressed so far, his dribbling in particular is impressive. Shooting was a bit disappointing in first two games so stuck a hunter on him and that solved that. He has the dribbling ability and pace to burst past a defender, passing is top notch and he is agile and smooth on the ball. With the hunter he is scoring goals no problem too and gets in good goalscoring positions.

Still haven't purchased anyone to allow me to fit the new Griezmann into my team but will address that tomorrow, but based on his appearances from the bench he isn't impressing me as much as he seems to be impressing everyone else. Dare I say Laudrup arguably feels nicer based on a limited amount of games for both so far...

Otw De jong could act as a nice link from your koeman to griezmann for the time being.

Cheers Hogey, yeah he would slot in very nicely, I'd say I will do the Vidal SBC tomorrow and then will be able to fit Griezmann, Laudrup and Aguero into the team. Hopefully Griezmann is worth it all in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Bankrupted the bank to get Birthday Griezmann, 1,200 left in the bank :(

What chem are we using folks? 97 CAM with Maestro? I'll be trying him at CAM to start off, replacing FutMas Modric 92.

Put together a fun backup team

uBwvmUL.png

• Advertisement

Might have figured out my new main squad! Can replace Gerrard with a CDM Icon and bring in Odegaard for a majority 5* skills attack :D

31-E0-BDE7-9-D95-46-EF-93-CE-48-B762-EAA896.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement