Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Where should I put him?

Screenshot-20200401-201700.png

Screenshot-20200401-201707.png

Screenshot-20200401-201716.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Liamalone wrote: »
    Where should I put him?

Screenshot-20200401-201700.png

Screenshot-20200401-201707.png

Screenshot-20200401-201716.png

I’d play him as CAM instead of modric.

And I put hunter on my griezmann but I need him to play in striker role, he’s probably best in cam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭Liamalone

He didn't live up to expectations, might have been my fault right enough, quick sold him in the rage 😷

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Ndidi and Partey as reds

Immobile and fodder in packs... not bad. Packs could’ve been better but picks were the highest rated so it’s grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Ndidi and Dennis for me, 87 fodder and maybe an interesting bench player... maybe Ndidi would get in a prem team for the next icon sets.

• Advertisement

Dennis and Guaita for me, actually got the same 4 players twice to choose from.

Awful totw so not even disappointed with those picks.

Nothing of note in packs, duplicate muller and koke which went into taraabt sbc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Dennis and Guaita for me, actually got the same 4 players twice to choose from.

Awful totw so not even disappointed with those picks.

Nothing of note in packs, duplicate muller and koke which went into taraabt sbc

Zapata and some other crap card.
    What a waste. If anyone has seen this totw before the weekend no one would have bothered playing WL. Absolutely disgraceful from EA but they wanted to people to buy packs for birthday cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Schwolow and Poulsen both 84.
    Then from 2 packs I got 1 82 everything else was 80 or lower. The last pack I got Koulibaly which wasn’t too bad.
    The best I’ve packed in 2 months I’d say

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

First pick:
    82 Mee
    76 Biankadi
    84 Guaita
    82 Hubner

Second pick:
    82 Mee
    76 Biankadi
    83 Verdi
    82 Hubner

LOAD OF BALLS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,759 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

My best player from 2 x 100k packs, 6 x Mega packs, and 2 x 15k packs was Luis Alberto.

• Advertisement

Had to try PIM Zola after using his prime for so much last year and it’s a fantastic card.
    Wish I could keep it but I can get prime Gerrard and PIM Ruud for the price of him and my midfield needs beefing up.

Been thinking whether or not it’s worth it to do champs this weekend given the **** TOTWs, but from 17-19, TOTW 30 (next week) has had Son twice. Fifa 17 has the best imo: Hazard, Son, Oblak, Ozil but doubt they’ll go with that as that TOTW has Lahm and Robben - so it’s between 18 and 19:

32-A0-F0-BC-9990-4-C95-8-B78-4-F785-C023645.jpg

851-B2-BC1-55-B8-44-FE-A3-A6-E5-C010-DB3-C8-D.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,759 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

This WL will have the extra player picks too

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Been thinking whether or not it’s worth it to do champs this weekend given the **** TOTWs, but from 17-19, TOTW 30 (next week) has had Son twice. Fifa 17 has the best imo: Hazard, Son, Oblak, Ozil but doubt they’ll go with that as that TOTW has Lahm and Robben - so it’s between 18 and 19:

Promes would be great for anyone with the One to watch card so they will probably pick the year that doesn't include him.

Ooh, forgot about that actually. I’m sold. Putting myself through torture for an extra pick :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

How does this TOTW moments thing work again, am I correct in saying they choose a TOTW from one of the old FIFAs and then give the player an equivalent upgrade in FIFA 20? So take Ilicic from the FIFA 19 TOTW above.

His base card in FIFA 19 was 81 rated, his IF above was 87. So a +6 boost.

If he gets selected for next week would he go up to 90 (+6 from his base)? Or 95, a plus 6 from his most recent inform? Surely not the latter anyway. Either way both of those TOTW look significantly better than this week!

Oh great, this weekend league will be hell so!

My controller is kinda broken at the minute, the left analogue stick has a mind of it's own at times. I've ordered a new one but who knows how long it'll be before I get it. My own fault for throwing it around so much after sweaty goals are scored on me :pac:

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Oh great, this weekend league will be hell so!

My controller is kinda broken at the minute, the left analogue stick has a mind of it's own at times. I've ordered a new one but who knows how long it'll be before I get it. My own fault for throwing it around so much after sweaty goals are scored on me :pac:

My controller is fine and the ball still has a mind of it’s own so don’t feel too bad :)

My controller is fine and the ball still has a mind of it’s own so don’t feel too bad :)

Doesn't help when trying to defend or play a through ball and the defender starts moving away from the attacker or the through ball goes backwards :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got an 84 goalkeeper and an 84 striker as my red picks. We probably won't get a tots this year so the red cards won't even have their use in the guarenteed sbcs.

Anyone have any trading tips ? Have nearly 500k in coins plus all my saved packs but the high rated fodder I'd usually invest in is still insane prices due to the mid icon sbc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Did okay out of the packs today. Only got Dabbur and Guaita from the red picks but packed FUT Birthday Gaitan & Guerreiro, also packed TOTW Mee, gold Kane & gold Kimmich. I am convinced pack luck works in spurts, two or three times this year I have had weeks where I've packed loads of good cards, but most of the time you'd get nothing.

Went and did the Vidal SBC then which ended up costing less than 100k, lining up like this for the foreseeable future.

k9M3dGI.jpg

Did okay out of the packs today. Only got Dabbur and Guaita from the red picks but packed FUT Birthday Gaitan & Guerreiro, also packed TOTW Mee, gold Kane & gold Kimmich. I am convinced pack luck works in spurts, two or three times this year I have had weeks where I've packed loads of good cards, but most of the time you'd get nothing.

Went and did the Vidal SBC then which ended up costing less than 100k, lining up like this for the foreseeable future.

k9M3dGI.jpg

Nice one on the packs man!!

I done Vidal on Monday, he’s insane good. Gets goals and assists too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Running this for the weekend.

Going to play this because next weekend is Final Fantasy 7, and there's not a chance I'm skipping that for Weekend League, lol.

Have to say, Owen has not been nearly as terrible as I expected. He's small but agile, and I've managed to round keepers a few times with him, which I've not done at all this year with anyone else.

iO3Atyz.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh lordy, a Birthday Bergwijn card via SBC.

Adored him in the first part of this game's life. Back when he was hard to link due to his league. Don't know if I can pass him up.

Oblak, TOTW Pozuelo and FUT birthday Correa in MM rewards + 84-91 pack. Not too bad.

Oblak, TOTW Pozuelo and FUT birthday Correa in MM rewards + 84-91 pack. Not too bad.

I’ve had terrible pack luck this year, my highest value was 90k a few months ago.
    But I did the MM this evening and got base T Silva and thought got bad for that type of pack but the next one had birthday Cancelo!
    My best pull this year after hundreds of packs.

I’ve had terrible pack luck this year, my highest value was 90k a few months ago.
    But I did the MM this evening and got base T Silva and thought got bad for that type of pack but the next one had birthday Cancelo!

Congrats! Cancelo looks excellent! Can you work him into team or selling him?

Congrats! Cancelo looks excellent! Can you work him into team or selling him?

I’m using his base at the moment, so a straight swap.
    It was probably my weakest area.
    I’d only sell him to bring in an icon but he’ll stay for the moment.
    His strength might be the only concern.

Came up against him in the draft... completely locked Hazard out of the game. Class pull!

• Advertisement

Going with PIM Lineker for the weekend. His shooting and postioning is brilliant. Pace is nowhere near the stats suggest but still is very good.
    Played a guy last night who scored 4 goals against me with Lineker and 2 of them were goals from him being in the right position so that persuaded me.
    Also had to buy Tagliafica as headliners digne is just awful to bring back in Di Marai over IF Coman.
    Once I complete the bundes objective I'm going to get Sandro and bring in Neymar then at LW.
    Also prime Gerrard....simply awful. Its a mere shadow of his EoE card from Fifa18.
    I got Blanc from that loan sbc so will see how it goes.
    I'm starting to lean towards Puyol now for replacing Hierro rather than going for Bergkamp or Daglish. My 3 CAMS are good enough and its my defense that needs tightening up. I have coins for Van Dijk so he's coming in after Blanc expires this weekend.
    Looking forward to that Fred card..he'll slot in nicely and replace either Gattuso or Essien.

Capture.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement