Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It probably says a lot about my playstyle that I have all of the Ndombele objectives done now except for the "Assist with a CM in 10 games" one (currently 6/10).

So many of my assists are from wingers and partner strikers. Still, should be an easy enough one to get. Gonna cobble together a 4-2-3-1 team to finish it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

im the same, on 9/10 now so not too bad. played my last game yesterday where harry kane set up all four goal ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Lord TSC wrote: »
    It probably says a lot about my playstyle that I have all of the Ndombele objectives done now except for the "Assist with a CM in 10 games" one (currently 6/10).

So many of my assists are from wingers and partner strikers. Still, should be an easy enough one to get. Gonna cobble together a 4-2-3-1 team to finish it off.

That one was a pain alright. Quickest way to do it is probably have RM and LM instead of wingers as they count too.

Trying to work out what team to go into the weekend with. Currently have this in mind....

aOBR5Hn.png

Have about 385k to spend on it.

My main worry is I hate the prospect of spending huge amounts on "normal" cards that could plummet in price. I don't want t spend 70k on a player who will be 35k next week.

Leaning towards one of the Spurs CBs for defense. Not sure I can justify 220k on Aguero though (but maybe I need to get over that mentality; between rewards and such, even if he drops a bit, I need to accept he'd be better than sticking Zaha or someone up there). No clue what to do with the CM slot currently.

I miss the Icon SBCs. They always kept my coin balance low so I didn't need to worry about that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Stuck together a Bundesliga team yesterday but nearly all of them felt like they were stuck in the mud. It was like they had zero chemistry. I thought IF Thuram would be good, but he was constantly pushed off the ball by weaker players, and had the turning arc & speed of an articulated lorry. Harvertz felt clunky, even Bailey too. Delaney and Zakaria weren't great either. The only one who actually seemed in any way responsive was Sancho.

It was so much worse than my Chinese league/Brazilian hybrid. Played the next game with them and they made the Bundesliga team feel like Bronzes. Sometimes things can just feel weird in FUT.

• Advertisement

Not a very exciting TOTW. Was hoping for Vardy and N'dombele (obviously). Only one I would consider using is Havertz really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Ndidí looks to have decent stats for an 84

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

New SBC, trade in a team that includes 3 gold players for......a kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

New SBC, trade in a team that includes 3 gold players for......a kit.

Nice looking kit in fairness :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Not available on pc. Typical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Got otw Ben yedder from the season objectives, best card I’ve packed this fifa, untradeable but I’ll work him in with ndombele and saint maxim for now.
    (Really not loving pukki potm so happy to have someone else to use)

You did Saint Maxim? How is he?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You did Saint Maxim? How is he?

No I just packed his regular card, he’s really good for this stage of the game but he’d very quickly become redundant if you did his otw and he didn’t get IF’s.

It’s a shame they priced him so highly because he’s a very fun card to play with but just seems too much of a gamble for a Newcastle player

I did his sbc as I packed a high rated untradable.

Here's definitely not worth it at this stage. It's just if he gets 2 IFs and gets to 85+ he'll be insane. I've a feeling he'll be similar to gelson martins last year.

RossieMan wrote: »

Here's definitely not worth it at this stage. It's just if he gets 2 IFs and gets to 85+ he'll be insane. I've a feeling he'll be similar to gelson martins last year.

Yeah I have 2 high rated untradeables so might do it depending on what I get in packs tomorrow.
    I can sell his base for about 22k right now so it’d only be 60k or so in the difference then for that.

I know as you say it’s a gamble on him getting IF’s but with him being a very fun player I might just take the risk cos ultimately we play fifa for fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I'm assuming there'll be some champions league motm cards tomorrow. Seems weird to leave Gnabry out of the totw. Maybe they'll tie them into the blue cards since they're the same rating this year.

Anybody tried trading squad fitness cards ? Thinking of investing my 250k into them and then sell during the second or third weekend league when the price has hopefully gone up. Not sure if it'd be worth it given the fitness glitch and that most people would have their own stock to burn through from opening packs.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I'm assuming there'll be some champions league motm cards tomorrow. Seems weird to leave Gnabry out of the totw. Maybe they'll tie them into the blue cards since they're the same rating this year.

Anybody tried trading squad fitness cards ? Thinking of investing my 250k into them and then sell during the second or third weekend league when the price has hopefully gone up. Not sure if it'd be worth it given the fitness glitch and that most people would have their own stock to burn through from opening packs.

UCL games don't count towards TOTW as far as I'm aware.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    UCL games don't count towards TOTW as far as I'm aware.

No they don’t, last year there was ucl motm cards at midnight on Friday but they didn’t start them this early, it was either the latter part of group stages or knockout rounds iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Did something change with it tonight?
    My defense has stopped playing, getting cut open everytime. I thought I got a handle on it a few days ago put I just got destroyed in a few games tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

My defense has stopped playing, getting cut open everytime. I thought I got a handle on it a few days ago put I just got destroyed in a few games tonight.

Exact same thing happened me, I was winning most games comfortably but I got destroyed tonight. Gameplay felt a lot different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Switched up the squad a bit - changed to a 433(4) with Fekir CAM and Morales ST, Ndombele OTW as my noteworthy players. Fekir cost 16k but happy to pay that as I’ve been eyeing him up for a while and Morales is Morales.. 9 games, 16 goals 4 assists. Mad.

Never got on with 433(4) in any FIFA before but heard lots of good things about it this year, so tried it at HT with my previous squad in a couple game’s and just started destroying with pace up front, so I’ll give it a shot for a bit as my main squad. Sitting on 85k atm, waiting for a UCL upgrade SBC that requires rare cards and it’s a jackpot for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

There was a patch on xbox today anyway

Yeah they completely nerfed the contain button

And just in time for weekend league too, lol.

Rewards weren’t bad. Two IFs though both discard. Sissoko who I was going to buy this morning anyway, so that’s awesome. And a draft token!

Firmino, IF Sane and OTW Joelinton the best of my untraceable rewards, not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

got a draft as well, happy with that because I had decided against spending on drafts this year

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

RossieMan wrote: »

He'll need 3 IFs to get to 85+.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Took tradeable again. Witsel and a couple of position changes and chemistry cards so up another 70k now. Passed the million mark in coins already :)

He'll need 3 IFs to get to 85+.

Ndidi went from 81-84. They can go up 3 ratings.

His 1st IF should be 82-83. second 85.

• Advertisement

Prices going way up now for the weekend league suitable players. Gonna wait till this evening to sell my German/Serie A hybrid, hopefully the prices will be highest then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement