Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

This is what I'm running with this weekend.
    Starting lineup:
    FIFA1.jpg

Changes in game to:
    FIFA2.jpg

I'd love to upgrade baby Ferdinand but haven't got anyone that fits in my club. Any suggestions for this team? Was thinking of doing the MLS sbc and subbing in Opara, may take a while to complete that though.

I got my new controller so I can stop losing games 7-1 now, I went from Div 5 to Div 7 because of the broken controller :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

you're kinda stuck with an icon..at least Ferdinand is a good card.
    I think unless you get Varane and spanish LB?

Was watching Nick's stream and he went 29-1 last weekend running 3142 all on balanced.
    Looks very interesting. Might give it a lash over the week.
    58 secs in where he shows the team formation.

Played my first 2 WL games and won both. I haven’t done that since last year.
    I have loan PIM blanc and he was immense as was Lineker who’s scored 5 goals in 2 games.
    Now I either need to buy Blanc for chem or bring in Van Dijk and play Tagliafica on 7 or 8 chem.
    Either way Hierro gets dropped.

Played 3 games there, 2-1 so far.

Griezmann has 8 goals so far, scoring in all 3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Have 42 packs ready for Birthday part 2. Reckon i will get 2 of the lads from the ScudoAmerican league if I'm lucky.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Forgot to post this the other day, otw Ben yedder reaches 1000 games, and had just over 1000 goals!! Plus another 700 assists!

Like to get 1.7 goal contributions a game is insane!!

And how do I reward him? I drop him for fb griezmann! I couldn’t even bare to look him in the eye when i was telling him he was dropped :D

Ah no, I’ll try griezmann out this weekend but it’s very likely Ben yedder will be back in then, I just love him! (For a not so brilliant skiller like me he makes the game so easy)

D21-D4-AEA-F54-F-4-AFE-84-D1-95422105-C4-D6.jpgwells fargo bank hours of operation

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Forgot to post this the other day, otw Ben yedder reaches 1000 games, and had just over 1000 goals!! Plus another 700 assists!

Like to get 1.7 goal contributions a game is insane!!

And how do I reward him? I drop him for fb griezmann! I couldn’t even bare to look him in the eye when i was telling him he was dropped :D

Ah no, I’ll try griezmann out this weekend but it’s very likely Ben yedder will be back in then, I just love him! (For a not so brilliant skiller like me he makes the game so easy)

D21-D4-AEA-F54-F-4-AFE-84-D1-95422105-C4-D6.jpgwells fargo bank hours of operation

First owner too :pac:

Why not do what I do and use both? Griezmann has 8 goals but Ben has 2 gaols and 6 assists in the 3 games I've played this WL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

2-1 so far.

Lost one match after a nonsense penalty, a goal where he low driven crossed it and my van dijk slide tackled instead of booting it.

But the end was the worst example of scripting I've ever seen: I score in the 85th, he scores in the 87th, I tap triangle for a light through ball to put Werner through and it rockets straight to his keeper who long throws it to his kent who scores after my Alisson takes a step to the left of his own accord :mad:

Between the penalty, the van dijk lunacy and the random pass power at the end, that's three goals he shouldn't have had but he wins 4-3 :rolleyes: And this is meant to be an E-sport

Mr Moon wrote: »
    First owner too :pac:

Why not do what I do and use both? Griezmann has 8 goals but Ben has 2 gaols and 6 assists in the 3 games I've played this WL.

I was lucky enough to pack fb Mbappe for the other striker position and have headliner Neymar in CAM so those 2 positions are locked in.

Ben yedder is untradeable too whereas griezmann isn’t so I’ll see how wl goes but might cash out on griezmann for the 1.6m :)

I was lucky enough to pack fb Mbappe for the other striker position and have headliner Neymar in CAM so those 2 positions are locked in.

Ben yedder is untradeable too whereas griezmann isn’t so I’ll see how wl goes but might cash out on griezmann for the 1.6m :)

Spoilt for choice!!

What's your squad looking like for the WL?

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Spoilt for choice!!

What's your squad looking like for the WL?

This is how it plays in game, ignore the chem, I have everyone on 10 at the start bar luiz on 8

I brought in toty vvd a couple of days ago.

I just wish I was better at the game. Gold 2 seems to be my limit no matter who I use.

0991-C748-3788-4-FA6-A56-A-66-B86104660-A.jpg

This is how it plays in game, ignore the chem, I have everyone on 10 at the start bar luiz on 8

I brought in toty vvd a couple of days ago.

I just wish I was better at the game. Gold 2 seems to be my limit no matter who I use.

Same. I brought in Van Dijk for Hierro and he basically conceded 6 goals in the next match for me.
    Also regardless of whether I had Ruud or Aguero or even POTM Vardy up front it never seems to make a different.
    I honestly don't know how guys go 30-0 etc unless they have a complete super team to simply overpower other teams.
    Last year i was hitting 17 wins out of 21/23 games but this year its been complete and utter crap. Last week I did 14 for 26 games I think it was,

Blazer wrote: »
    Same. I brought in Van Dijk for Hierro and he basically conceded 6 goals in the next match for me.
    Also regardless of whether I had Ruud or Aguero or even POTM Vardy up front it never seems to make a different.
    I honestly don't know how guys go 30-0 etc unless they have a complete super team to simply overpower other teams.
    Last year i was hitting 17 wins out of 21/23 games but this year its been complete and utter crap. Last week I did 14 for 26 games I think it was,

Haha yeah it’s tough to even know where to go. If I got my pick of any 11 players, PIM R9, TOTY cr7 with moments Eusebio at cf, gullit etc in midfield I guarantee I’d still hit gold 2.
    I was better last year too.

Def don’t think I’ll be keeping toty vvd, it’s simply a waste of 3.8mil, that’s not a dig at him now, it’s a compliment, he’s probably the best defender in fifa history but absolutely pointless when defending is so broken and rebounds are such an issue etc.
    Once I get cannavaro I’ll just slot opara in beside him and zanetti and sell vvd.

its exactly why I'm loathe to spend big money on defenders when its so broken. At least a midfielder or striker will get you goals etc..but a defender? pointless really at our level anyway :D

Blazer wrote: »
    its exactly why I'm loathe to spend big money on defenders when its so broken. At least a midfielder or striker will get you goals etc..but a defender? pointless really at our level anyway :D

100%, my rttf diego Carlos was able to stand there watching 3 rebounds just as good as big Virgil can :D

Quick tip lads: get on some open bids near 6.

Servers crashing at 6 for new promo players has been fairly frequent in last while.
    Get some open bids in and if servers crash you might get lucky.

Don’t go for obvious though, as others will be bidding on them too, put bids in for more obscure players like scholes, overmars etc that people shouldn’t really be looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Wonder where the rest of the team went? :pac:

https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1246120279064997888?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

I tried to do it on a few players I really couldn't afford seems a lot of people were trying the same :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Griselda

Quick tip lads: get on some open bids near 6.

Servers crashing at 6 for new promo players has been fairly frequent in last while.
    Get some open bids in and if servers crash you might get lucky.

Don’t go for obvious though, as others will be bidding on them too, put bids in for more obscure players like scholes, overmars etc that people shouldn’t really be looking at.

It is a Bear Pit out there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Jeez, if you were running a French team you would be really loving this FUT Birthday Promotion!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,759 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

12 of the 34 FUT Birthday cards are French.

NzUOo4H.png

you know..that's not a bad team...I mean Bakayoko can't honestly be any worse than De Gea this year.

That pogba interests me a lot.
    Shame I won’t be getting the pogba sbc now though, I was hoping to plough a tonne of high rated untradeables into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

So here are the results of my 55 saved packs for anyone interested:

89 Lewandowski (twitch prime pack)
    89 Chiellieni
    88 Kroos
    88 Godin x2
    87 totw Aspas
    87 totw Zapata
    86 Isco
    84 totw Guaita

Got a good few 85s and 84s as well.

Obviously disappointing I got no promo cards but from a sbc point of view I'm insanely stacked. Have all the objective players players plus my 93 red Kane and 88 red De Ligt.

Lewandowski in the twitch pack further makes me believe that they have weighted odds since I got winter refresh Florenzi from the last one.

I got Zapata and one of the Godins in the same 12 rare gold player pack.

My final two packs were two 100ks and I didn't get higher than an 84 in either.

Have duplicate untradeable Godin and Lenglet now so going to use them for Taarabt since there's nothing else I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,759 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

To think that these were the SBCs during the very first FUt Birthday

C8Ug5PrXkAAEa58.jpg

What is wrong with this game? One game everything is smooth and my players doing what I ask them, the next it’s near impossible to score or create chances and Griezmann may aswell be Giroud for the lack of pace and skills he has.

Went from 3-2 to 3-6. Taking a break before I break my new controller.

Packed nothing of worth in the 30 packs I had stacked. Few 86 walkouts that’s about it.

Don’t think there’s gonna be any decent FUT birthday player SBCs for me, so reckon I’ll do the mid icon pack tonight. Here’s hoping for a Dinho or R9 ;)

Best start this year. 4-1.
    Obviously dropping Van Dijk was key as won the next match 2-1 and the guy rate quit after Lineker took a severely wide angle shot he couldn’t possible hope to make other than force the keeper into a save but blasted it like a laser into the net.
    Next game the guy stuck it out and make me play the whole game for a 6-1 win to me.
    Lineker - 5 games 11 goals. I’m liking him so far.

Don’t think there’s gonna be any decent FUT birthday player SBCs for me, so reckon I’ll do the mid icon pack tonight. Here’s hoping for a Dinho or R9 ;)

I cursed it... Veron for my emptied fodder :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Do ye use slow dribbling much by holding down L2 and R2? I've barely used it and wasn't even really aware of it until recently, always wondered how some lads are so nimble against me, I presume it's through using this. Any tips for using it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement