Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I use it in rivals and other skill moves etc but in WL not really. Its all about possession.
    Once thing I've stopped doing a lot is using sprint so much in the final third. Just walk and dribble with the ball.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mr Moon wrote: »
    What is wrong with this game? One game everything is smooth and my players doing what I ask them, the next it’s near impossible to score or create chances and Griezmann may aswell be Giroud for the lack of pace and skills he has.

I had this yesterday as well.

Went 4-1 with Socrates banging in goals.

Then there was three games where he seemed to absolutely refuse to play up the field. He was constantly running into the wing back position. And when I'd break up the field, he'd be nowhere to be seen.

I get the idea you can go on win/loss streaks based on your results. But I despise that feeling where you start losing games because your players all mentally change, despite not changing instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Got 87 ndidi from the pick for 10 wins, can’t argue with that.

Having a shocker though, I blame being hungover!
    10-9. Can’t see myself getting to 18.

Will play 1 more to leave it at an even 20 games played, will finish tomorrow if I’m a bit fresher!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Got 87 ndidi from the pick for 10 wins, can’t argue with that.

Having a shocker though, I blame being hungover!
    10-9. Can’t see myself getting to 18.

Will play 1 more to leave it at an even 20 games played, will finish tomorrow if I’m a bit fresher!

Ndidi is class - got him and Partey last week and they’re both equally as good. Ndidi works well for me with the link to FFS Osimhen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Ended up 7-3 after my first 10 matches yesterday which is pretty good. I need to go 11-9 for the 87 pick which looks easy enough on paper but will still end up being torture.

Wish they just made every weekend league include the Monday as well.

I also only realized now that the week they bring back the 87+ wl player pick just happened to be the week where the totw contains 7 mediocre 87 rated players :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got 3 rage quits to start the day so 10-3 now.

First 4 picks for the 10 win reward were awful but the last one was 89 Eriksen :D
    Can't complain too much if I get 3 87s in the next one now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

6-8 after day one. Worst start to a WL this year. With the best team I’ve owned (on paper)! I just don’t get it.

6-8 after day one. Worst start to a WL this year. With the best team I’ve owned (on paper)! I just don’t get it.

It’s all just a lottery I think. We already know all the so called top guys are avoiding playing against each other and since you can simply disconnect while a draw and not forfeit it’s a complete farce.

7-7

I find the quality of player goes back up every time there’s an extra player pick (or two). It draws more people back in. There’s way More of the low depth, skillz when not needed, type of player.

Tempting to pick up birthday Di Maria... 5* 5*, looks a quality card. He was 1.2m last night gone up to 1.3m.. hope he’ll drop a bit and I’ll pick him up then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

Who ye buy as a striker if you had half a mil only though, league etc doesn't matter he'll be surrounded by icons, thanks 👍

Got Birthday Herndez in a pack so sold him to buy Blanc after being impressed with his card. His prime is excellent but not even he can stop De Gea from letting in a goal that Ben Yedder shot from 30 yards out with clear visibility.
    I’m temped just to flog Lineker and buy Mbappe and Ben Yedder as what’s the point really.
    Ben Yedder has only 74 long shots but his card is so broken it doesn’t matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Who ye buy as a striker if you had half a mil only though, league etc doesn't matter he'll be surrounded by icons, thanks ðŸ‘

Mbappe is around that.

Who ye buy as a striker if you had half a mil only though, league etc doesn't matter he'll be surrounded by icons, thanks 👍

Really depends on what type of striker you're in to. Do you like small and pacy, or big and strong?

9-10 currently. I'm litterally going win/loss/win/loss.

I'm keeping track of my stats a bit this weekend, out of curiosity. Forgot to do it for two matches (a 3-2 loss and a 4-3 win), but in 17 games, I've got...

Mid Michael Owen - 13 goals, 13 assists
    PIM RVN - 10 goals, 2 assists
    Socrates - 14 goals (2 hatricks), 5 assists.

Owen's stats are massively impressing me. He's been a brilliant all-rounder for me this weekend. RVN, by comparison, really only works against teams playing deep. Anyone who plays high against me neutralizes him. Socrates' stats look good, but he has a habit of either scoring 2 or 3, or being utterly invisible (as opposed to Owen, whose goal contributions are spread over the entire run of games).

Ashley Young has 1 goal and 8 assists, but feels way better than those stats. He's an awesome LM in a 3ATB formation. Really adore him, and makes me regret doing Sane now.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Really depends on what type of striker you're in to. Do you like small and pacy, or big and strong?

9-10 currently. I'm litterally going win/loss/win/loss.

I'm keeping track of my stats a bit this weekend, out of curiosity. Forgot to do it for two matches (a 3-2 loss and a 4-3 win), but in 17 games, I've got...

Mid Michael Owen - 13 goals, 13 assists
    PIM RVN - 10 goals, 2 assists
    Socrates - 14 goals (2 hatricks), 5 assists.

Owen's stats are massively impressing me. He's been a brilliant all-rounder for me this weekend. RVN, by comparison, really only works against teams playing deep. Anyone who plays high against me neutralizes him. Socrates' stats look good, but he has a habit of either scoring 2 or 3, or being utterly invisible (as opposed to Owen, whose goal contributions are spread over the entire run of games).

Ashley Young has 1 goal and 8 assists, but feels way better than those stats. He's an awesome LM in a 3ATB formation. Really adore him, and makes me regret doing Sane now.
    Michael Owen was who i was thinking, had prime Butra for a few games, loved him. Small and pact is what I was thinking again

Up to 10-8 now. Got 86 Sommer as my best red pick for 10 wins.

18 games
    Griezmann 23 goals 4 assists
    Ben Yedder 11 goals 12 assists

No one else doing anything to talk about.

So moments R9 requires you to pay £250 for someone to list him at 15million, but hey, glad ea made icons more accessible!

https://twitter.com/bobbleheadfut/status/1246449865774829569?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 19,758 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So moments R9 requires you to pay £250 for someone to list him at 15million, but hey, glad ea made icons more accessible!

https://twitter.com/bobbleheadfut/status/1246449865774829569?s=21

Base Eusebio today vs this time last year:

vzCBfQM.pngCd1CBak.png

Not to mention you could do an SBC to get his Prime for <3m.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,758 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Well that's one of the worst SBCs I've ever seen. The 13th French player of this promo, 3*/3* during a promo based on upgraded Skills and WF, he's a Serie B player, AND he costs an 84 and 85 rated squads.

• Advertisement

Well that's one of the worst SBCs I've ever seen. The 13th French player of this promo, 3*/3* during a promo based on upgraded Skills and WF, he's a Serie B player, AND he costs an 84 and 85 rated squads.

They’ve definitely missed the mark with some of the requirements for SBCs this year.. an 83/84 squad would’ve been grand for him.

Got this completed, Can’t wait to try him out :)

4-C9-B3-FE7-422-C-4-DCB-B993-A9-DE9-C3-D689-A.jpg

Got this completed, Can’t wait to try him out :)

4-C9-B3-FE7-422-C-4-DCB-B993-A9-DE9-C3-D689-A.jpg

I should have him tomorrow when I finish the weekend league, only 6k off him. Let us know how he is!!

Picked up Petit’s LB card to give me some extra height and strength and he’s a great LB. I’m sorry I never tried him earlier. Always there to intercept and cover back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Opening packs is so disheartening - done 50 of varying description since last Sunday and the best and only walk-out I got was 87 base Vertonghen which was a duplicate and then next best were 84 base Azpelicueta and Javi Martinez (both duplicates)

Only special cards were low rated TOTW Moments - an 81 and 76.

Only another 71 packs of despair to go!!

Tempted to do the icon pack SBC, have enough fodder that I should be able to do one very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Blazer wrote: »
    Picked up Petit’s LB card to give me some extra height and strength and he’s a great LB. I’m sorry I never tried him earlier. Always there to intercept and cover back.

He's LB, shouldn't he be a little quicker? And strength and height doesn't come with it...

I loved Petit before, but his LB card just didn't make sense to me. I don't think he will catch any winger. And there are quite a few RW who will eat him there ;) Adama or Sarr and he is dead.

Fine if it works for you of course.

wonski wrote: »
    He's LB, shouldn't he be a little quicker? And strength and height doesn't come with it...

I loved Petit before, but his LB card just didn't make sense to me. I don't think he will catch any winger. And there are quite a few RW who will eat him there ;) Adama or Sarr and he is dead.

Fine if it works for you of course.

Yep I would have thought the same too. But I have him on stay back so he’s pretty grand back there. But with shadow he’s in the low 90s for pace so still not bad.

My current team. Very happy with Blanc and Luiz is playing a stormer beside him.
    I should have Fred next week which means I’ll be dropping Essien and will have Hierrro, Guardiola and Essien on the bench. I never thought I’d have 3 icon players on the next this year lol.

10 wins from 17 so hoping to hit 14/17 tomorrow.

B90-D9104-8061-4-D0-B-9282-C04-EEA8-ED586.png

Tempted to do the icon pack SBC, have enough fodder that I should be able to do one very cheap.

If you’ve nothing else to do, might as well... I did it for free, got Veron. Could’ve been worse :pac:

• Advertisement

We should get an sbc for a guaranteed fut birthday card during the week. You could hold for that.
    It’ll probably be a 87 or 88 rated team given so many high caliber options in it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement