Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,758 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

New pack in the code for a guaranteed FUT Birthday, Shapeshifters, or Winter Refresh card.

https://twitter.com/FutWatch/status/1246702750139846656?s=20

They're so afraid of you getting something good that they're including past promos in it instead of just giving you a guaranteed Birthday card :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

New pack in the code for a guaranteed FUT Birthday, Shapeshifters, or Winter Refresh card.

They're so afraid of you getting something good that they're including past promos in it instead of just giving you a guaranteed Birthday card :rolleyes:

Ah Jesus, they just get more petty!! Well able to stack their promos for pack openings but then when we have a chance of a guaranteed player they mix in the others, winter refresh in particular was fairly rubbish aside from the top couple.

Heard 2k gave everyone coins yesterday before wrestlemania, and here we are stuck with these still milking every last drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

That’s actually awful. Their greed knows no bounds... and guaranteed it’s going to be something crazy like an 88 squad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm never surprised at what they do.
    My mate left our company and went working for EA in Galway. A few months into it the previous EA CEO were doing the rounds of their major facilities and he was giving them a big speech. And boasting about how they were basically screwing every last nickel out of their customers and making them a fortune from fut coins. He was actually shocked at their candidness about it. He'd never seen anything like it in his life before. So nothing they do ever surprises me.

Now has anyone tried Prime Henry? If I sell both Blanc and Lineker I could snag prime Henry. Sorely tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

14-4 which is by far the least amount of games it's taken me to get to gold 3.

Put finisher on toty TAA and now he's banging in the goals from midfield.

I use the 89 Eriksen I got as a sub and he scored a 90th minute winner in my last match :D

Definitely nearing a losing streak though. My last few matches have all been 4-2-3-1 against increasingly meta teams and I don't even use skill moves so it's only a matter of time before the wheels fall off :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Last week I started 5-1 and finished Gold 3 with a couple of games to spare. This week I started 1-5 (tried out a new team) and I'm looking likely to still finish gold 3 with maybe 3 games to spare. Excellent.

Also I bought Prime Keane for this WL, Shadow and stay back on him and Ballack same with Anchor in a 352, absolute monsters.

Game just gets boring once you get past like 10 wins, every opponent has 70% possession and 1 shot on target, they don't want to play they just want to wait you out and get a lucky goal or go to penalties.

15-5 and couldn't get a game below 50 ping so decided to take a break from wl and get started on the bakayoko objective.

Tip for anyone else that's doing it: use a card like headliner sanson. He's a ligue 1 french midfielder with 4* weakfoot and above 80 physical so two assists and a finesse goal gets you progress towards all objectives at once.

I quit about 10 games to relegate myself and now every time I finish a match it automatically disconnects me from the servers :rolleyes: Should be halfway through the objective by now but still stuck on 0

Gyan84 wrote: »
    15-5 and couldn't get a game below 50 ping so decided to take a break from wl and get started on the bakayoko objective.

Tip for anyone else that's doing it: use a card like headliner sanson. He's a ligue 1 french midfielder with 4* weakfoot and above 80 physical so two assists and a finesse goal gets you progress towards all objectives at once.

I quit about 10 games to relegate myself and now every time I finish a match it automatically disconnects me from the servers :rolleyes: Should be halfway through the objective by now but still stuck on 0

Good thing I’ve got him packed :pac: going to make a start on that objective too... saves me buying Kante for my next squad and gives links to Di Maria/Osimhen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Got Ferdinand in the mid icon SBC I already have his 85 which is probably better. Can't buy a break in this game.

• Advertisement

Well they did it, and it's even worse than I anticipated:

86 rated Squad with a TOTW and FUT Birthday Team 2 isn't even included, you can only pack players from the first batch of Birthday cards, so no Pogba, van Dijk, Bale, Di Maria..

I did it and got Mahrez so happy with that as it could have been a lot worse as I never saw the above post until afterwards.

Well they did it, and it's even worse than I anticipated:

86 rated Squad with a TOTW and FUT Birthday Team 2 isn't even included, you can only pack players from the first batch of Birthday cards, so no Pogba, van Dijk, Bale, Di Maria..

Did it against my better judgement (we’re all suckers for the gamble)

Got kainz.
    Oh well, at least I’m all set for if we every get an Austrian objective :D

Forgot Mahrez is another left footed player/.
    I already had Ziyech, Di Maria and Bernardo Silva as my CAMS so that's now 4 left footed players playing CAM for me.
    Plus I'm a leftie myself. All I need now is Messi :)

Did it too, got FUT bday Guerreiro :( worth 30k FFS

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Did it too, got FUT bday Guerreiro :( worth 30k FFS

I'm reading the reddit thread on it and damn I got lucky in fairness.
    It really is a **** SBC considering a lot of the players you can get.

Good thing is you can make a fortune from fodder cards,

Here’s some examples on ps4 I sold

88 pique 65k
    88 David silva 50k
    87 t. Silva 50k
    86 ucl skrinirar 45k
    86 ucl muller 35k
    86 umtitti 45k
    85 manolas 25k
    85 de ligt 25k

15-5 to 15-8 :(.Knew the losing streak was coming.

Lost one match in the 90th after a nothing long ball causes my keeper to come out and instead of booting it like the other 99 times he just runs straight into the other guys kent giving him a 40 yard tap in.

Lost my next match on penalties after having two players miss 3 yard tap ins from crosses in the 90th minute.

Just hope I can fall over the line to 18 wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Two WL games there tonight and both went on a fit of lagging after the final whistle, somehow didn't disconnect. These servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Gyan84 wrote:
    Just hope I can fall over the line to 18 wins.

That's exactly what I did. Started Friday 8-2. Then came the losing streaks. Finished today 18 - 12. Got lloris out of the pack. Pretty disappointing. But on the bright side I was in the market for either a French keeper or an icon one for chem. So he'l do.

Packed lucas Hernandez last week. Already had baby ferdinand and gold varane (untradable) should I do the sarr sbc or pair him with one of the lads I already have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I got Birthday Correa so a big L in terms of what I could have got.

He seems a fun card to use though so he'll come in really handy for the Serie A first owner objectives next season.

5 days of doing objectives for a mega pack and I don't even get a rare gold in the pack. It's a bad day for opening packs here :(

WL is at 14-11, 5 games to go to get 4 wins!! Not a chance, although the game is playing real smooth at the minute so I'll give it a go and sure what's the worst that could happen? If I get it I'm not opening until tomorrow anyway :pac:

Got to 17 wins with 4 games left and just wanted it over and done with so threw loan PIM Maldini, Butragueno, Del Piero and toty Ronaldo into my team and easily beat some guy who was probably better than me.

My reward for 18 wins: 87 Naingolan, 88 Insigne, 87 De Jong :(

Got higher rated from the 10 wins pick. Still though an 87 and an 89 isn't bad although at the current rate there won't be a good sbc to use them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭Liamalone

11-9 and can't be bothered to do any more for crappy red picks. Got Fraser from Bournemouth for the ten win pick, meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Finished 20-10 in the weekend league. Got 91 rated Van Dijk in my red picks for 18 wins.

Came up against a fella in div 5 rivals that quit after 0-0 60th min... sent me messages all game telling me to stop running away and press him I kept cutting off his passing options so he was raging :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Mr Moon wrote: »
    5 days of doing objectives for a mega pack and I don't even get a rare gold in the pack. It's a bad day for opening packs here :(

Equally disappointed with mine no walkout 82 Torreira was the best player.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

14-14.

Stats over 26 of the 28 games.

RVN 15 goals 2 assists
    Socrates 15 goals (2 Hatrick) 9 assists
    Owen 20 goal (2 hatrick) 18 assists

Owen is such a surprise. So happy with him now.

0h0p1zv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Did it with untradeables and got David Luiz!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement