Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

17-12, 1 game to go... watch this space....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mr Moon wrote: »

I’m guessing 34 mins later you’re still cursing the game ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,758 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Game is unplayably laggy at the moment despite saying my ping is <10, so I guess I just have to keep searching for matches and hoping the connection feels okay or otherwise it's a free win for the opponent. It's not like I can just wait it out and play my games later either, because this game has inexplicably decided that their competitive mode can only be played for 3 days of the week.

I went 1-0 up and that's how it stayed at HT, then with 20 minutes to go an equaliser comes and 10 minutes later he takes the lead.

I had started the game with loan Best and loan 99 Ronaldo and at the 90th minute Ronaldo steps up and makes it 2-2 to bring it to ET.

No more scores so onto penos.

4-2 to him and heartbreak for my team...
    I had 57% possesion and 5 more shots on target than him (5-10).

So close :(

I went 1-0 up and that's how it stayed at HT, then with 20 minutes to go an equaliser comes and 10 minutes later he takes the lead.

I had started the game with loan Best and loan 99 Ronaldo and at the 90th minute Ronaldo steps up and makes it 2-2 to bring it to ET.

No more scores so onto penos.

4-2 to him and heartbreak for my team...
    I had 57% possesion and 5 more shots on target than him (5-10).

So close :(

Stats:
    WL04-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Game is unplayably laggy at the moment despite saying my ping is <10, so I guess I just have to keep searching for matches and hoping the connection feels okay or otherwise it's a free win for the opponent. It's not like I can just wait it out and play my games later either, because this game has inexplicably decided that their competitive mode can only be played for 3 days of the week.

Felt that this evening as well... my players were just running through mud the entire time despite my ping being <45 the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Went from 10-1 to 12-11 , and gameplay was unbearably laggy, so I bailed at 12.
    Shelled out on PIM Sanchez and he did not disappoint.
    His composure goes up from 60 to 87 between his prime and his moments, so the PIM is actually usable.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I started the Weekend League in Elite 3-level form at 7-1 and finished it in Silver 1 form (8-12) to finish 15-13. The 7-1 run was during Saturday morning and I definitely think the easier opponents can be found at this time.

Tonight I came up against much better players and with every loss I was getting more and more demoralised. That 7-1 start did way more harm than good as I eventually matched up against quality opponents who were well able to pick me apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Packed chiellini from sb rewards, went to market to see what he was selling for and right at that second this popped up, my best ever snipe :)

A67-A82-AF-11-F7-4-C87-9336-F2211-AD81-EC9.jpg

Insane Hogey!

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Packed chiellini from sb rewards, went to market to see what he was selling for and right at that second this popped up, my best ever snipe :)

A67-A82-AF-11-F7-4-C87-9336-F2211-AD81-EC9.jpg

Thanks for the reminder! Forgot I’ve got SB rewards and just got Alaba from it and he goes for 34k :pac: wtf is this market?!

Also anyone tried Prime Okocha before? Tempted to pick him up... looks unreal with a deadeye chem style and he’ll allow me play my red Ndidi.

20-8, it'll do. I've completely forgotten how to finish.

XAbSKKi.pngNf8MCiX.png

20-8, it'll do. I've completely forgotten how to finish.

XAbSKKi.pngNf8MCiX.png

Do you play 41212 wide for all those matches?
    I always loved that formation ever since they introduced it back in 09.
    I find 4231 sometimes leaves my striker a bit on his own and I prefer 2 up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Liamalone wrote: »
    11-9 and can't be bothered to do any more for crappy red picks. Got Fraser from Bournemouth for the ten win pick, meh.

With the other half sucked into Super Mario 3 I persevered, got to 17-11 then suffered some awful fifa bullcrud in the last two games.

The first was conceding a goal in the FIFTH minute of injury time in extra time, it just played on until he scored.

The second game was getting a free kick on the edge of the box when clean through ahead of the last defender, not even a yellow was dished out. Not two minutes later, an innocuous challenge in the middle of the park by my Griezmann gets a red and downhill from there.

I'll be glad to get a game of Mario tonight lol

I plays red dead 2 after FIFA, and I spent the whole time just hunting and fishing :) makes a nice relaxing change.

I only got to 14 this week, worst result in a while. Was 14-10 so still had a shot at 18 with 6 games left but got some awful luck in my opinion also.

Anyway, lesson learned, never ever ever, don’t even think about dropping Ben yedder again!

Got Oblak in the SB rewards, tempted to do the mid icon SBC again now...

I gave in and bought Otw Ben Yedder and he’s just ridiculous. His stats are a complete lie. He’s more like a 93-95 rated player.
    I have Owen but I think I’ll get Scream Aguero and pair him with Yedder up front or Yedder just behind him.

Got Oblak in the SB rewards, tempted to do the mid icon SBC again now...

He’s one of the reasons I did the mid icon SBC as well :D

Blazer wrote: »
    I gave in and bought Otw Ben Yedder and he’s just ridiculous. His stats are a complete lie. He’s more like a 93-95 rated player.
    I have Owen but I think I’ll get Scream Aguero and pair him with Yedder up front or Yedder just behind him.

Make sure you get objective bakayako this week too, perfect link to Ben yedder and looks filth with shadows chem.

• Advertisement

That Rodrigo card looks sick!! His gold card was great at the start of the game!

Him and Jovic up front with Griezmann sitting behind them sounds tasty!!

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Make sure you get objective bakayako this week too, perfect link to Ben yedder and looks filth with shadows chem.

He does alright. But the thoughts of grinding for it lol :)
    Especially when I’m getting Fred shortly

Anyone use prime Butra or fb Lacazette?
    I’ve about 1.5 million to spend on a striker.
    Ben Yedder will be behind them.

He does alright. But the thoughts of grinding for it lol :)
    Especially when I’m getting Fred shortly

Tbh the grind isn’t too bad so far for him... only played about 5 games between yesterday and today and have 2 of them complete and just the 2x assists and goal + assist objectives left.

Do you play 41212 wide for all those matches?
    I always loved that formation ever since they introduced it back in 09.
    I find 4231 sometimes leaves my striker a bit on his own and I prefer 2 up front.

Sometimes 41212, sometimes 442, always need 2 up front

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

That Rodrigo card looks sick!! His gold card was great at the start of the game!

Him and Jovic up front with Griezmann sitting behind them sounds tasty!!

Yeah I have found his gold card brilliant whenever I was doing La Liga First Owner Objectives. Sorely tempted to do it even though I run a PL team mainly. If I took Maradona from Swaps instead of Cannavaro that I was planning I could get him on full chem with a little re-jigging.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Tbh the grind isn’t too bad so far for him... only played about 5 games between yesterday and today and have 2 of them complete and just the 2x assists and goal + assist objectives left.

The 2 assists don't require a win so not that bad but will require at least 5 games, I bought mbappe since he was cheap to complete the objective and I never got to use him all year.

cintec wrote: »
    The 2 assists don't require a win so not that bad but will require at least 5 games, I bought mbappe since he was cheap to complete the objective and I never got to use him all year.

And if you convert him to a CAM, he counts as a midfielder. Doing that with Ben Yedder atm.

And if you convert him to a CAM, he counts as a midfielder. Doing that with Ben Yedder atm.

Is that true? I always thought it went off what position their gold card was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Is that true? I always thought it went off what position their gold card was.

no it works if you need midfielders convert LW/RW to LM/RM and vice versa if you need attackers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement