Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Looking for a few thoughts.
    I’ve a Prem based team and I’m looking to improve some areas. I play 41212 mainly and I’ve base Kante, Pogba, KDB with SS Luiz in midfield.
    I looking to maybe change pogba at LCM
    Upfront I’ve base Son and Potm Vardy, (I’ve 90 Werner and 91 Klose on the bench) and I’ve being meaning to replace Vardy for a while now.

Thinking of scream Aguero.
    I don’t really want to spend more than a million on each.

I have POTM Aguero who is fairly similar statswise to Scream Aguero, unreal card, excellent finishing, good link up play, jinky despite not being lightning quick, good at dribbling.. I was surprised more people didn't do his POTM sbc when it was out. His one flaw is arguably that he doesn't have 90+ pace but if you were playing him up front with someone like Son it would be a good pairing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Anyone have/use the 89 Fred? Thoughts on him?

I have him, very tidy player. Using him at cm and he can do everything required well. Going to give him the weekend league instead of Essien to give him a proper try out.
    I feel with Essien he’s best as a cdm and I’m using him as a cm to accommodate him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I made a good 150k profit on the Mata and Ruben Neves cards I bought yesterday cos of that Pope SBC, sold them for 3 times what I bought them for.

I’m also gonna get that Pope card, who doesn’t need a 5* skillet in the nets :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I made a good 150k profit on the Mata and Ruben Neves cards I bought yesterday cos of that Pope SBC, sold them for 3 times what I bought them for.

I’m also gonna get that Pope card, who doesn’t need a 5* skillet in the nets :pac:

I’ve been trying him ahead of Futmas De Gea and he seems a bit better and not as error prone. Will give him a shot for WL and see how he goes.

I have POTM Aguero who is fairly similar statswise to Scream Aguero, unreal card, excellent finishing, good link up play, jinky despite not being lightning quick, good at dribbling.. I was surprised more people didn't do his POTM sbc when it was out. His one flaw is arguably that he doesn't have 90+ pace but if you were playing him up front with someone like Son it would be a good pairing.
    A lot of people’s thought it was overpriced,
    I was so tempted to do it as he linked nicely to Di Maria and Bernardo Silva.Also people was recommending his potm as a CAM and his scream as ST. Lovely shooting though from either/any of his cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,758 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

No promo for another week isn't great. We had one every week for like 3 months and now this will be the second non-promo week out of 4 since we've all been in quarantine.

Another party bag in code.
    It’ll probably include team 2 this time.

Fodder will go through the roof again, even that 90 rated ilicic is up 12k from when I posted last night as people are already buying cards in the hype

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1248430820714397702?s=21

Played my first and last WL game with Pope and PIM Bergkamp.
    First game was pretty sure I’d canter to a win but Bergkamp was truly awful at CAM. Whereas Prime Henry performs just like Henry in real life Bergkamps version feels like Shearer does in game. Dropped at half time for SS Mahrez who’s miles better and more fluid.
    Still confident I’d turn it around in the second half my opponent had scored a 40min goal with Socrates , a low half shot that barely travelled at 10mph but Pope tried to save it with his foot and it went casually by him.
    My opponent obviously copped that Pope was extremely vulnerable to low shots and ended up scoring 3 more after I had equalised with Mahrez. All low shots.
    Thus ends my WL experiment with both :)

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    First game was pretty sure I’d canter to a win but Bergkamp was truly awful at CAM. Whereas Prime Henry performs just like Henry in real life Bergkamps version feels like Shearer does in game. Dropped at half time for SS Mahrez who’s miles better and more fluid.
    Still confident I’d turn it around in the second half my opponent had scored a 40min goal with Socrates , a low half shot that barely travelled at 10mph but Pope tried to save it with his foot and it went casually by him.
    My opponent obviously copped that Pope was extremely vulnerable to low shots and ended up scoring 3 more after I had equalised with Mahrez. All low shots.

Wish I had read that 5 mins ago, just completed Pope.
    Ah wouldn’t be using him in wl anyway, it was more just for English nationality teams or prem league requirements

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

What's SS Mahrez like? Was thinking of trying him instead of de Bruyne for a while as he has a bit more pace and better dribbling.

What's SS Mahrez like? Was thinking of trying him instead of de Bruyne for a while as he has a bit more pace and better dribbling.

I wasn’t too impressed with him at CAM at the start. Think I had maestro on it. And was preferring Ziyech.
    Decided that since Silva was already running with hunter to do the same to Di Maria and Mahrez and voila. Now he’s my first choice at CAM for that middle slot.
    The only problem is Gattusos model is a lot like Mahrez so I find it hard to distinguish between them and often finding I’m trying to do a 5* skill move with Gattuso :).
    My favourite cam is Moments Silva. He’s an absolute goal beast. But Mahrez is getting there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Has anyone taken Belotti Milestone card? Was going to take Fred but he won't be starting for me so would just be a super sub. Belotti would be the same but would start up top for any Serie A first owner objectives easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭Liamalone

First game was pretty sure I’d canter to a win

Pmsl

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Another party bag in code.
    It’ll probably include team 2 this time.

Fodder will go through the roof again, even that 90 rated ilicic is up 12k from when I posted last night as people are already buying cards in the hype

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1248430820714397702?s=21

Jesus, I’m gonna find it hard to resist this time round :pac: I want that Mbappe in my club.

Anyone remember what 85s/86s went to last time round? 85s are sitting at around 9k atm and 86s at 24k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

I bought Scream Aguero last night and played 4 games and couldn’t get a kick in any of them. So hopefully today will be better.

Is it worth trying to invest in any 86/87/88s at this time?
    They’re all fairly high

I bought Scream Aguero last night and played 4 games and couldn’t get a kick in any of them. So hopefully today will be better.

They’re all fairly high

Nah they’re all kinda at their peak now.
    Finally won my first match in 3.
    Silva to the rescue with 4 goals. Damn I love that card.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Frisbee wrote: »
    Has anyone taken Belotti Milestone card? Was going to take Fred but he won't be starting for me so would just be a super sub. Belotti would be the same but would start up top for any Serie A first owner objectives easily.

I took Belotti and he’s top class. I run a Serie team so he fits perfectly. His strength is really noticeable against defenders and he has a 5 star weak foot. Picked him up on Monday night and he’s banging them in for me.

They’re all fairly high

No as blazer said, they’re all way too inflated now, my advice would be to wait for players to reach their highest after the sbc drops and sell if you have them.
    Pique was going for max bin last time and godin reached 70k.
    As it’s non repeatable those prices will eventually come back down and just do the sbc then yourself the next day for much cheaper.

That fut donk guy on twitter is hinting there’s going to be some “best of” cards promo at 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Can you still redeem the weekend league? Its say on the app on mine that I'd have to wait until next week to play again. Thought you usually get most of Friday to redeem it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Can you still redeem the weekend league? Its say on the app on mine that I'd have to wait until next week to play again. Thought you usually get most of Friday to redeem it?

You should still be able to redeem today, up until tomorrow morning I think.

Packed a Koulibaly and Onana in the same pack from the Marquee Matchup Mega Pack. Saves me a few quid on fodder.

This weeks WL line up
    2-0 so far with 2 rage quits.
    Griezmann 3 goals
    Rodrigo 2 goals 1 assist

Not long to go before I'm 6-6...

WL04-2.jpg

50k pack and 100k pack objectives - 100k easier to get by just playing all the friendlies game modes! Not too bad.

Also all FUT birthday cards are in packs.

Bloody Laporte from the 86+.
    Oh well, I suppose I should be grateful it wasn’t an 86.

I’ll probably do the party bag one even though I know it’s just a coin suck.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Bloody Laporte from the 86+.
    Oh well, I suppose I should be grateful it wasn’t an 86.

I’ll probably do the party bag one even though I know it’s just a coin suck.

With the 86+, pretty much confirms I’m gonna be sucked in and do it too :pac:

WsYvqbC.png

So that's a Winter Refresh and a Shapeshifter from the FUT Birthday Party Bag packs :pac:

With the 86+, pretty much confirms I’m gonna be sucked in and do it too :pac:

Oh I’m just going to do it now and get the disappointment over with, the longer I leave the more hope I’ll get that I’d get someone good like ss marcelo or fb pogba.

• Advertisement

WsYvqbC.png

So that's a Winter Refresh and a Shapeshifter from the FUT Birthday Party Bag packs :pac:

Ditto, got the same piece of garbage in mine.
    Wouldn’t even use him in a bundes objective

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement