Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Finished up at 13/17. Bit sick not to get the 14 wins, lost a couple that could have gone either way but not a bad showing considering some of the squads I came up against. Had to hold onto the ball a lot and defend deep because I was getting outmuscled and hit on the counter regularly. Had some exciting games though , the highlight was drawing 6-6 with some cocky gob****e - equalising at the death and winning the shootout.

Great effort for someone after their first weekend league. At this time of year there's lots of mega teams alright. A few weeks playing you won't be long building a stronger team up.

I usually finish between 14 and 17 myself. 12 - 8 at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Finished up at 13/17. Bit sick not to get the 14 wins, lost a couple that could have gone either way but not a bad showing considering some of the squads I came up against. Had to hold onto the ball a lot and defend deep because I was getting outmuscled and hit on the counter regularly. Had some exciting games though , the highlight was drawing 6-6 with some cocky gob****e - equalising at the death and winning the shootout.

I only have 30k in coins, so need to get funds in to improve the squad. Doing the icon squad challenges now, have three Icon Swap 3 cards and wanna go get Gattuso or Trezeguet, so that will keep me busy. I'll have a crack at the WL again the weekend after next.

Have you entered yourself?

Yeah, that’s class for a first attempt at WL. I couldn’t do that torture to myself :pac: only ever do it if there’s a swaps objective for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I only have 30k in coins, so need to get funds in to improve the squad. Doing the icon squad challenges now, have three Icon Swap 3 cards and wanna go get Gattuso or Trezeguet, so that will keep me busy. I'll have a crack at the WL again the weekend after next.

Have you entered yourself?

As Lenny says great effort, and I know it’s frustrating to get so close to the next prize point but don’t worry too much about it.
    It can vary so much from week to week, I usually finish on 17, but last week for example I had a shocker, I barely scraped 14 (this was after signing toty vvd)
    I had one game where I hit the post 6 times and he had 4 pens and beat me 6-5.
    I couldn’t believe the pens, they were so soft I was afraid to tackle him, in the 119th min we were at 5-5, he had got every break known to man, I was afraid to tackle him after the 3 soft pens he got but hey ho the bloody ai tackles him and conceded a pen, he scored his 4th pen of the game on 119th min to win.
    All I could do was laugh, I literally stopped playing cos it kept giving him pens and the ai intervenes to concede a pen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Played the 21 friendlies, it took some going, got some 80 rated rangers totw player as best player from the 100k.
    What a waste of time!!

I feel for ye Hogey, I heard about a 'good' pack for playing friendlies - 21 of them though? Sack that. Fair play for ye doing it, love your input, but it's madness considering the pack luck.

In fairness, I can't even be bothered doing the icon things despite Crespo 85 still doing his thing. I just have no patience for offline, I don't enjoy it one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Hogey007 wrote: »
    As Lenny says great effort, and I know it’s frustrating to get so close to the next prize point but don’t worry too much about it.
    It can vary so much from week to week, I usually finish on 17, but last week for example I had a shocker, I barely scraped 14 (this was after signing toty vvd)
    I had one game where I hit the post 6 times and he had 4 pens and beat me 6-5.
    I couldn’t believe the pens, they were so soft I was afraid to tackle him, in the 119th min we were at 5-5, he had got every break known to man, I was afraid to tackle him after the 3 soft pens he got but hey ho the bloody ai tackles him and conceded a pen, he scored his 4th pen of the game on 119th min to win.
    All I could do was laugh, I literally stopped playing cos it kept giving him pens and the ai intervenes to concede a pen!!

That sounds like a nightmare but sometimes the beat is so bad all you can do is laugh. Had a bad one today too but just got on with it.

At least I've got the 2,000 points and can qualify for the WL next time. Is it usually hard to qualify if you don't have a decent showing in the league itself? I downloaded the game four weeks back and just had enough points to enter it this weekend.

• Advertisement

Liamalone wrote: »
    I feel for ye Hogey, I heard about a 'good' pack for playing friendlies - 21 of them though? Sack that. Fair play for ye doing it, love your input, but it's madness considering the pack luck.

In fairness, I can't even be bothered doing the icon things despite Crespo 85 still doing his thing. I just have no patience for offline, I don't enjoy it one bit.

Some of the challenges are done over Rivals. You need four wins with a squad of first owned players from Seria A for example.

Squad Battles looks tougher, needing six wins against the computer on legendary with a specfifc squad. Not looking forward to that.

Squad Battles looks tougher, needing six wins against the computer on legendary with a specfifc squad. Not looking forward to that.

Don't be worried about that. Once you get your goal up just run into the other half and do a fake shot. The one where you release the directional button and stop dead. Usually the AI won't tackle you to try and win back the ball. Let's you go off and do something else while the time goes.

Hogey007 wrote:
    As Lenny says great effort, and I know it’s frustrating to get so close to the next prize point but don’t worry too much about it. It can vary so much from week to week, I usually finish on 17, but last week for example I had a shocker, I barely scraped 14 (this was after signing toty vvd) I had one game where I hit the post 6 times and he had 4 pens and beat me 6-5. I couldn’t believe the pens, they were so soft I was afraid to tackle him, in the 119th min we were at 5-5, he had got every break known to man, I was afraid to tackle him after the 3 soft pens he got but hey ho the bloody ai tackles him and conceded a pen, he scored his 4th pen of the game on 119th min to win. All I could do was laugh, I literally stopped playing cos it kept giving him pens and the ai intervenes to concede a pen!!

Had a game today where I went 3 up in the first half hour. Worst thing to happen me. Everything went against me after that. Players wouldn't do anything for me. Ended up losing 5 - 4. Nightmare

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Some of the challenges are done over Rivals. You need four wins with a squad of first owned players from Seria A for example.

Once you finish one game from the four squad battles on offer, you can refresh your choices. Usually, each refresh has one super low rated team that you should be able to spank, even on legendary. And you can continually refresh after each match to keep a stream of weaker opponents coming.

Liamalone wrote: »

Ah well I didn’t fully play the matches, I just played them in offline, I’d score 1 goal and switch back to Netflix.
    Still took a bit of time and effort mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

There’s a third Party Bag sbc in the code. This time it offers a Birthday, Shapeshifter or Future Star player.

What do we reckon? 87 rated?

There’s a third Party Bag sbc in the code. This time it offers a Birthday, Shapeshifter or Future Star player.

My club can’t handle anymore of these :(

I had a look at the icons available there. I hope to have few tokens to play around with next week. Thinking Trezeguet, had him on loan already and he was excellent. Pretty much between him and Gattuso, but I already have Levia(84), Panjic(86) and Thoresby (86) for CM positions. Is Litmanen worth considering?

It also said that Maldini II can be got for 2 tokens and Zidane III for 1 token. That can't be right can it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Doesn’t seem fair that they can increase the requirements. 86 with an inform/moments is expensive enough.

Onanas were extinct yesterday and are over 9k today. I remember buying a few of him for under 4K before the mid icon came.

It’s getting to that point of the year they should put the icons we want into an SBC that we can grind to get.

Got to 17 in WL just about, here's my stats.

I did the Ramos SBC so bought back RTTF Militao and switch him with Ramos in game. I had planned giving Fred the full weekend but got battered in first 2 games and although it wasn't really him at fault, I reverted back to Essien.

Also sold FUT Birthday Griezmann and put Ben Yedder back up front, the stats show how much I get on with him :)

As you can see, I score and concede a lot, the goals conceded is a little unfair though as I never quit games and took 3 battering's in there whereas when i'm playing weaker people they always rage quit so I don't get to rack up the goals as much.

Wl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

how do you get the stats or do you write it down after each game?

cintec wrote: »
    how do you get the stats or do you write it down after each game?

Yeah I just wrote them down after each game and then there was a excel sheet posted a couple of pages back. I’ll find it and link underneath this

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Found this one online, similar to the one I use, more in dept...

It's a bit of fun and nice to see at the end.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U4BIKwNkhMpkFXhT13jiLjvwIQEGVM5RSOZV_qOIHFs/edit#gid=0

Here’s the link

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

12-8 after 20 games

Bringing in loan PIM Best for the rest of the league to see if I'm going to buy his baby. Playing him upfront now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,758 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So after rinsing everyone's clubs they're now doing a Party Bag SBC that contains Future Stars instead of Winter Refresh :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/FutWatch/status/1249191854542913536?s=20

• Advertisement

also just found out by trying to do the Sudamericana SBC that while those black cards count as specials when searching your club they do not count as special while searching the transfer market.

also just found out by trying to do the Sudamericana SBC that while those black cards count as specials when searching your club they do not count as special while searching the transfer market.

And last I checked, they’re not even added as a league on console.. you can find them on mobile though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Currently at 11-11 and I want to say thanks for the recommendation of Scream Aguero.
    He has 27 from 27 and from the WL it is 25 goals from 22 games. (Which is unreal for one of my strikers)
    Just brilliant.

I went with Prime Petit for the CM afterwards. That decision cost me as I went with 88 Sissoko first and changed then to Petit.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

14-12 and I think thats a good place to stop, I don't know why but people watching full replays even when they are losing and I have skipped all mine really annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I know I said Mane wasn’t worth his price but he’s down to about 1.8mill now.
    Same price as my prime Henry. Think I need to take the plunge and drop moments Di Maria as that weak foot is costing me dearly on the left side.
    Henry is really growing on me though. He’s exceptional at creating chances for other players as well.

Playing FUT friendlies earlier and the fella just would not let me score... in friendlies ffs. Kept dragging out my players and keeper to give him the hint that I don’t give a **** :pac: think that’s me done with that objective... I’d prob get an 82 anyway.

You can play Friendlies vs the AI on beginner and just score then put your controller down.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

You can do the FUT friendlies objective online with a friend and you don’t have to play the full game, when one person score then the other person quits. Me and my friend did it that way and had all the objectives done within half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

GavK wrote: »
    You can do the FUT friendlies objective online with a friend and you don’t have to play the full game, when one person score then the other person quits. Me and my friend did it that way and had all the objectives done within half an hour.

Did ye get kicked out of the servers a few times while doing it? Myself and a mate got kicked out of servers a few times and had to wait like 15 minutes to go back in.

• Advertisement

GavK wrote: »

Don’t have any pals playing FUT on PS :pac: but I’ve heard that EA kick you out of the game for a bit if you start quitting too much.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement