Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

They are kind of all over the place which is nice for quick trading.

Got couple of Dalberts bought for 1.8k sold for 2.5-2.7k.

There is only him and Theo Hernandez competing for LB slot in serieA squads so should be popular enough.

Luckily haven't got enough points to join the madness this week :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

On 1957 points, but not 100% sure if I'll bother yet. Not even sure I'll get anot

Finished NDombele, and packed an untradeable Ter Stegan from the final reward pack that came with him. Might need to rejig the team to take advantage of that.

Another day, another patch on ps4...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Got Fabinho and pereira (right back) from untradeables, that’ll allow me to sell wijnaldum and Trent IF
    I know Trent would be better but no point in keeping a 100k rb when I can use a decent untradeable instead

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Decided for first time in years to try out an online game against an opponent. Matches me up with a “similar quality players” or something like that. I see their team and it’s way better then mine but for a terrible striker. As soon as it looks like it’s gonna start game is paused and i knew what they were doing. Instant sub to bring on a world class Forward.

Ah yes, this was why I didn’t bother with online games agaisnt opponents. So nothing has changed. Odds on getting a child or man child in my first game ,if it’s not endemic, are low.

Back to career and maybe the odd UT agaisnt the CPU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

84 IF Spanish LW and 86 Parejo in my untradeable rewards.. not bad, can’t complain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

RossieMan wrote: »
    Ndidi went from 81-84. They can go up 3 ratings.

His 1st IF should be 82-83. second 85.

That's not how it works. 79 would go to 82. Then the 82 would go to 84.

For 81s they go to 84 then to 86.

https://www.gamingfrog.com/how-inform-upgrades-work-in-fifa-19/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Just took the coins for div rivals rewards. 27.5K is a half decent player at this stage. My last packs have been terrible. Also, tempted to sell Messi at this stage, hes up to a million. Maybe I should have just chanced my luck with the packs as if I do sell him, I'm not exactly short of coins.

Only using him as a super sub when I'm in trouble at this stage which is probably a waste. I could probably invest that in an icon and 1-2 other big players. Though, I don't want to win games just because my team is amazing. Half the fun of FUT is the grind.

I'm just using Muriel up front, who just goes for 800 coins.... his scoring record is unbelievably good so far. Always in the right place when there's a loose ball in the box.

Bloody hell, the “park the bus and counter” meta is bloody horrid to play against.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I've had a bit of a nightmare today lads. All my coins were removed overnight for "Coin Distribution" but I haven't done anything :( Has this happened to anybody before or does anyone know how to go about about getting them back?

Spent more time than I care to admit trading since the 10 hour trial and Web App were released and had amassed nearly 400k as of last night from scratch. To make matters worse I hadn't even built myself a half decent team to play with yet, was just grinding away trading mostly rare silvers.

What I think flagged my account though was one of the rare silvers I was trading yesterday with some decent success (few hundred coins per flip, buying ~4-5k, selling 5-6.5k) at one point yesterday evening every single card on the market of this player was bought, including the 14/15 I had listed at the time. Found it odd but just figured somebody with bags of coins had decided to come in and bully the market for this player and this instantly increased my balance by nearly 100k. Considered it my good fortune and carried on.

Does anybody have any similar experience? Have sunk so many hours into building a balance only for it to be instantly wiped because some other (presumably suspicious?) account decided to buy every single card of a player I was trading.

• Advertisement

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I've had a bit of a nightmare today lads. All my coins were removed overnight for "Coin Distribution" but I haven't done anything :( Has this happened to anybody before or does anyone know how to go about about getting them back?

Spent more time than I care to admit trading since the 10 hour trial and Web App were released and had amassed nearly 400k as of last night from scratch. To make matters worse I hadn't even built myself a half decent team to play with yet, was just grinding away trading mostly rare silvers.

What I think flagged my account though was one of the rare silvers I was trading yesterday with some decent success (few hundred coins per flip, buying ~4-5k, selling 5-6.5k) at one point yesterday evening every single card on the market of this player was bought, including the 14/15 I had listed at the time. Found it odd but just figured somebody with bags of coins had decided to come in and bully the market for this player and this instantly increased my balance by nearly 100k. Considered it my good fortune and carried on.

Does anybody have any similar experience? Have sunk so many hours into building a balance only for it to be instantly wiped because some other (presumably suspicious?) account decided to buy every single card of a player I was trading.

Give live chat or phone support a shot. Live chat are usually decent. Not sure the success rate of appealing in your situation, but always worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Give live chat or phone support a shot. Live chat are usually decent. Not sure the success rate of appealing in your situation, but always worth a shot.

Filled in a support ticket alright but it only gave me the option for email. No phone number or live chat listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

EA in hot water after leaking peoples personal details for whoever registerd for the Global Series event, the abuse they're getting on Twitter Haha.

Only 3.15% of Xbox players have the achievement for redeeming access to the Weekend League so far. Shows how few of the player base actually plays hardcore...

New SBC up. Bout 25k, and you choose between an OTW Alexis Sanchez or OTW Mkhitaryan.

United fan in me is conflicted....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lord TSC wrote: »
    New SBC up. Bout 25k, and you choose between an OTW Alexis Sanchez or OTW Mkhitaryan.

United fan in me is conflicted....

There’s an sbc done right by ea, 2 players the majority of us who complete the sbc will rarely use but because it’s priced lowly we’ll complete it for packs.
    I’ll go for Alexis myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Went for Alexis.

Being an arsenal fan I was also conflicted ha

See alexis more as a super sub if he gets one or two informs

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Lads need your help been playing fifa 20 since launch day. Seasons no problems playing games run smooth. Ultimate team is a nightmare all games have that speedup lag making it unplayable. Im on a wired connection and everyother game plays fine including fifa 19. Any suggestions?

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Filled in a support ticket alright but it only gave me the option for email. No phone number or live chat listed.

You could try throw in something now about the data leak... ‘someone’ got access to your account and got you banned. Should be easy enough to get stuff back after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

This is my first year playing ultimate team so go easy on me but are squad battles the only game you can play on ultimate team on fifa 20?

How do I play a random person online?
    Is their leagues or seasons online?

Sorry for the smell of noob off me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Division Rivals is pretty much the same things as seasons, its under the Online heading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Finished the second half of the hybrid league sbc tonight.

Got nothing in the packs until the last one which had 84 IF Ndidi and Douglas Costa :D

I think I'll keep Ndidi for a week or two in case he goes up once out of packs.

Once they're sold I'll be up to 400k so should have 87 barnes sometime in the next two weeks.

Went to claim one of the season pass rewards and it kicked me off the servers. Came back and I’m no longer at that level and have lost 600xp.. anyone else had that? Only just noticed it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

My team at the moment, waiting for stuff to sell so I can get Reus at the final position, packed Witsel, Koulibaly, and Mertens from untradeable packs.

team.jpg

For anyone trying budget serie a Ilicic is decent option as cam.

84 shot and pass with decent enough 70 pace for a cam.

4 star wf and skills and 84 dribbling. Played few games and for under 3k you can't go wrong.

If you need full chemistry on position then it is extra 3k to move him to cam from cf, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Axwell wrote: »
    Division Rivals is pretty much the same things as seasons, its under the Online heading.

Thanks, I played the 5 or 6 division rival games to judge what division you go into and i lost every single game and they have lobbed me into division 9.
    It's my first time ever playing ultimate team and I'm very much learning on the job and am very grateful I found this thread. I haven't played fifa proper since fifa 17 and played seasons mostly was a division 4/5 kind of guy could never hang in the top divisions sadly.

I find the defending very difficult, if the person I'm playing against has a few skill moves in his arsenal then he splits through me like moses split the ocean for the people while I'm left bashing L2 and circle.
    I enjoy in the middle of the park and up to the opponents box but I struggle to make something of possession and get a clinical shot off.
    Practice practice practice I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Went to claim one of the season pass rewards and it kicked me off the servers. Came back and I’m no longer at that level and have lost 600xp.. anyone else had that? Only just noticed it now.

Yeah had it a few times, next time when you get it claim it on the companion app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Thanks, I played the 5 or 6 division rival games to judge what division you go into and i lost every single game and they have lobbed me into division 9.
    It's my first time ever playing ultimate team and I'm very much learning on the job and am very grateful I found this thread. I haven't played fifa proper since fifa 17 and played seasons mostly was a division 4/5 kind of guy could never hang in the top divisions sadly.

I find the defending very difficult, if the person I'm playing against has a few skill moves in his arsenal then he splits through me like moses split the ocean for the people while I'm left bashing L2 and circle.
    I enjoy in the middle of the park and up to the opponents box but I struggle to make something of possession and get a clinical shot off.
    Practice practice practice I guess.

I found it easier to control defenders by setting 'jockey' to manual. I read that somewhere, not sure if it was here or reddit, but gave it a shot and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Just saw on reddit that there is a fitness bug, in case anyone didn't know. Your starting 11 all start with full fitness, so save them squad fitness cards! Works in divisions and WL anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Holy christ, I packed Middle Zambrotta from the 15k pack that you get for completing one of the segments of the Player Pick OTW sbc!

Also in the pack was Pjanic and a hunter chem style. He'll make a great replacement for Shaw at left-back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement