Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

So looks like that fut birthday player code was a stream reward rather than sbc

https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1250457023541415941?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 19,758 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So on the off-chance you actually get rewarded at all you're probably just getting a shít 45k pack instead of the Bday pack anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

So on the off-chance you actually get rewarded at all you're probably just getting a shít 45k pack instead of the Bday pack anyway.

Should’ve just rewarded everyone that tunes in with a pack after their outages yesterday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,758 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

A Twitch stream named Stay And Play, an SBC named Stay And Play, how about giving us something to actually play for? Instead of just broadcasting a tournament we can watch why not actually add tournaments back into FUT and give us something to stay and play for?

• Advertisement

Need to make a mental note again to stock up on all the UCL rares next promo... going for mad prices atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Need to make a mental note again to stock up on all the UCL rares next promo... going for mad prices atm.

It's easier to keep track of when the footy is actually on.

Red MATS!

Best red pick I’ve ever got outside Tots.

Very happy with that, got bonucci too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah I bought a load for 1k-1.8k after the last big rush and all are selling for at least 5k since yesterday, it's great.

Hogey007 wrote:
    Red MATS!

Nice man. I really enjoyed his 85 card.

I got awful picks for my 17 wins 😭😭. Balde and kruse.

• Advertisement

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Nice man. I really enjoyed his 85 card.

I got awful picks for my 17 wins 😭😭. Balde and kruse.

Blade looks ok for any ligue 1 first owner objectives we might get when new season starts Friday week.

Mine was ter stegen, not martial, the MATS was his full initials, Marc Andre Ter Stegen :)

Frisbee wrote: »
    Yeah I bought a load for 1k-1.8k after the last big rush and all are selling for at least 5k since yesterday, it's great.

Oof, fair play. I completely forgot about them... must do it next time. Top 5 leagues + eredivisie.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

81 rated Fulgini and 81 rated Benteke as red picks for 19 wins in the weekend league. 81 rated matic the best player from the packs. I’ve never gotten less than gold 2 in the weekend league and I’ve had some abysmal red picks this year but this morning was the by far the worst.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Blade looks ok for any ligue 1 first owner objectives we might get when new season starts Friday week.

Mine was ter stegen, not martial, the MATS was his full initials, Marc Andre Ter Stegen :)

Oh I'm an idiot ha ha. I thought you were just calling Martial MATS in your excitement. Still a great red pick tho. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

GavK wrote: »
    81 rated Fulgini and 81 rated Benteke as red picks for 19 wins in the weekend league. 81 rated matic the best player from the packs. I’ve never gotten less than gold 2 in the weekend league and I’ve had some abysmal red picks this year but this morning was the by far the worst.

Wow that is bad for 19 wins. I’ve never reached that many wins before But definitely had better picks for less wins in the past and haven’t played WL this FIFA and this kinda confirms that I’ll probably give WL a complete miss this FIFA and will just continue to stack packs for TOTs

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

14 wins got Matuidi and Jarstein

my packs were terrible I had a good few untradable duplicates and ended up doing two gold upgrades, I got Onana & Dzeko both better than my div rivals & fut champs combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Got 82 Raul and Kruse from the picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

GavK wrote: »

That’s horse****.
    I stopped at 8 wins so my max was 84 overall and I got Benteke.
    It’s an utter farce that you get to 19 wins and end up with the same player.
    I’m just gonna concentrate now on getting back up the divisions. 1 win off promotion to Div 5 and will try and get back to div2/3 before the game finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Got 91 Immobile! I needed a striker and my main team is Seria A based so couldn't have worked out much better ðŸ˜

Got 91 Immobile! I needed a striker and my main team is Seria A based so couldn't have worked out much better ðŸ˜

Ah Brilliant. Great to see someone starting off getting a good red pick. Especially since you were so close to the 14 wins.

Do you think you'll make up the points for the season player. Belloti would probably slot into your team nicely.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    That’s horse****.
    I stopped at 8 wins so my max was 84 overall and I got Benteke.
    It’s an utter farce that you get to 19 wins and end up with the same player.
    I’m just gonna concentrate now on getting back up the divisions. 1 win off promotion to Div 5 and will try and get back to div2/3 before the game finishes.

Yeah I’m back on the verge of div 4 now after not having any rivals objectives recently but then next week will come along icon swaps again and I’ll probably fall a couple of divisions again.

Icon swaps was 100% a god awful addition to the game.

It’s ruined rivals for the entire year plus

At the end of it I’ll have
    Icon swap 1 - zanetti, use him at lb on 7 chem now, might replace with Fuchs
    Icon swap 2 - Essien - yeah decent player but starting to get closer to being a sub.
    Icon swap 3 - cannavaro- solid looking cb.

At this time last year I had
    Prime R9,
    prime Maldini,
    prime gullit,
    moments cryuff,
    prime vieira.

Plus got to test loads of other icons from sbc’s en route to them like keane, Campbell, rui costa, Michael own etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Yeah I’m back on the verge of div 4 now after not having any rivals objectives recently but then next week will come along icon swaps again and I’ll probably fall a couple of divisions again.

Icon swaps was 100% a god awful addition to the game.

It’s ruined rivals for the entire year plus

At the end of it I’ll have
    Icon swap 1 - zanetti, use him at lb on 7 chem now, might replace with Fuchs
    Icon swap 2 - Essien - yeah decent player but starting to get closer to being a sub.
    Icon swap 3 - cannavaro- solid looking cb.

At this time last year I had
    Prime R9,
    prime Maldini,
    prime gullit,
    moments cryuff,
    prime vieira.

Plus got to test loads of other icons from sbc’s en route to them like keane, Campbell, rui costa, Michael own etc.

You're very much an outlier there though (in terms of fut population, not just the forums), in contract I'll have 5 good or better icons compared to last year where I might have had 2? It's made icons far more accessible in general, it's just made the top ones harder to get at the same time.

hots wrote: »
    You're very much an outlier there though (in terms of fut population, not just the forums), in contract I'll have 5 good or better icons compared to last year where I might have had 2? It's made icons far more accessible in general, it's just made the top ones harder to get at the same time.

Ah tbf, this time last year I had pretty much the same. Towards TOTS then I added Prime R9, PIM Maldini etc and had a squad that, going by FIFA 20’s market price, would be worth 30m+ on icons alone.

They should’ve kept the SBCs for the hardcore players and the icon swaps for everyone else. Best of both worlds and leave the decision to the player base on which they want to do.

Icons were much more accessible last year, people were just too impatient to save rewards a week or so and do sbc’s. This notion that they’re “free” this year is bull.
    If anyone had done the same level of requirements last year that are required each time for tokens this year (played same number of squad battles, same number of rivals wins etc) they could’ve easily put those squad battles and rivals rewards into an sbc each week and had a much better icon than what they got this year for doing the very same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

There’s many things they have got wrong this year but if they just kept the Icon SBC I’d gave a chance of getting my prime Vieira.
    I only started playing properly around February last year and I did Moore, Shearer (I didn’t know how that would cost me) and Vieira.

Icons were much more accessible last year, people were just too impatient to save rewards a week or so and do sbc’s. This notion that they’re “free” this year is bull.
    If anyone had done the same level of requirements last year that are required each time for tokens this year (played same number of squad battles, same number of rivals wins etc) they could’ve easily put those squad battles and rivals rewards into an sbc each week and had a much better icon than what they got this year for doing the very same thing.

I'm not so sure, I'm playing and trading about the same amount I'd guess, and I've got a far better team this time around.

I do agree though, having both in some form would be far better, or even make the lower end ones grindable through tokens and the upper ones through SBCs or something.

I'm not so sure, I'm playing and trading about the same amount I'd guess, and I've got a far better team this time around.

I do agree though, having both in some form would be far better, or even make the lower end ones grindable through tokens and the upper ones through SBCs or something.

Yeah think we’d all agree that having both the swaps and sbc’s would suit everyone.

But it was never about ea doing it for the player base anyway, it was just their way of making the top tier ones unavailable unless your willing to spend thousands

Yeah think we’d all agree that having both the swaps and sbc’s would suit everyone.

But it was never about ea doing it for the player base anyway, it was just their way of making the top tier ones unavailable unless your willing to spend thousands

Definitely, for them it's ideal, players have to try and pack the big boys but you get the little taste of crack by getting the smaller ones for 'free'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Ah Brilliant. Great to see someone starting off getting a good red pick. Especially since you were so close to the 14 wins.

Do you think you'll make up the points for the season player. Belloti would probably slot into your team nicely.

Cheers. Haha no, I'm only about 40,000 away, the 82 card will have to do for now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

The worst thing about the icon swaps is the impact it has had on rivals. It has completely ruined it, I used to think WL was toxic but I actually think Rivals is worse now. At least in FUT Champions you know the matchmaking will level itself out over 30 games, in Rivals it is so frustrating coming up against people who have clearly relegated themselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement