Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

it makes impossible to get a win on a Wednesday as well

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I just was looking back at the FUT 19 thread from this time last year, and this was my team...
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yolo. Cost me 200k. Zola on the bench. Likely the next to be submitted. Not sure where though.

80bYrZ7.png

I absolutely do think they've made Icons way harder to get this year, and I agree with the point that this year's "accessibility" is a mirage.

At the same time, I don't think Prime R9, Gulliet, etc were easily available yet, were they? When did those SBCs launch?

Looking at that team, I don't know if it's 100% better than what I have now. Butra, absolutely. But I don't know if it's miles and miles better.

My personal experience was that once TOTS started, and they were throwing insane levels of 90+ rated players at people, those icons were dirt cheap to do.

Like.....looking at the final team I ended up with last year....It's a pipe dream to replicate this year. But there's still 5 months to go...
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    This is the team I've used in the last weekend or two.

gRAMtGR.png

But two things....

1. It leaves out a tonne of amazing players I can't fit in. Prime Ronaldinho and Best, special versions of Bale, Auba, Ibra....

2. It's got a few cards I got super late into the game, and only used for one or two weekends.

Overall, this is probably the squad I used mostly over the whole game.

1QDouVZ.png

I'll really, really miss Gullet and Ronaldo from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,758 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Speaking of Swaps, just played my first game of the day, come up against a full Prem team with FS Dan James, Flashback Ogbonna, Moments Sane, and red Aguero. He pauses at kick off and DMs me asking for the win, I'm using a team with Shane fcuking Duffy.

T3ggO44.png

6NXodKR.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

The worst thing about the icon swaps is the impact it has had on rivals. It has completely ruined it, I used to think WL was toxic but I actually think Rivals is worse now. At least in FUT Champions you know the matchmaking will level itself out over 30 games, in Rivals it is so frustrating coming up against people who have clearly relegated themselves.

I think if they fix deliberate relegating that fixes a lot of that? Some people have said friendlies for swaps but that just results in less rewards per game, I'm not sure that's better...

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Speaking of Swaps, just played my first game of the day, come up against a full Prem team with FS Dan James, Flashback Ogbonna, Moments Sane, and red Aguero. He pauses at kick off and DMs me asking for the win, I'm using a team with Shane fcuking Duffy.

T3ggO44.png

6NXodKR.png

You beat him didn't you haha

• Advertisement

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    You beat him didn't you haha

:D

5x5otwz.png

No loading screen so presumably no new promo tomorrow, just Marquee Matchups released today.

...#StayAndPlay

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

No loading screen so presumably no new promo tomorrow, just Marquee Matchups released today.

...#StayAndPlay

I reckon they’ll drag Tots out to death now too, usually fifa is on it’s last legs around March/April and tots gives it a shot in the arm.
    They’ve already got that now with so many extra people playing because of the corona virus.

We should still carniball before tots, they might drop that next Friday (or even Friday after) have it split in 2 to last 2 weeks and maybe a 3rd week with both in packs like fut birthday, then another break.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

...#StayAndPlay

Fixed that for you...
    #StayAndPlayADifferentGame

There's absolutely nothing to do in the game for me right now, I'm just grinding Sud SBC and putting the picks to high end SBC players #BoredAtHome.

Warzone is free, might download and play that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

On the plus side I finally sorted out my twitch prime packs and got Salah from the player pick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I reckon they’ll drag Tots out to death now too, usually fifa is on it’s last legs around March/April and tots gives it a shot in the arm.
    They’ve already got that now with so many extra people playing because of the corona virus.

We should still carniball before tots, they might drop that next Friday (or even Friday after) have it split in 2 to last 2 weeks and maybe a 3rd week with both in packs like fut birthday, then another break.

Carnival was way back end of February tho, wasn’t it? And they were brought out to coincide with that.

I reckon we’ll have the community votes for TOTS next week.

Edit: never mind, could be a late carniball promo:

Carnival was way back end of February tho, wasn’t it? And they were brought out to coincide with that.

I reckon we’ll have the community votes for TOTS next week.

Edit: never mind, could be a late carniball promo:

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1250901486827175940?s=21

Couldn’t get the link to open, oh it’s hard to second guess ea anyway.

I just think with the ball very much in their court they’ll delay Tots, hope I’m wrong though.

Couldn’t get the link to open, oh it’s hard to second guess ea anyway.

I just think with the ball very much in their court they’ll delay Tots, hope I’m wrong though.

New upgrade packs in code.. TOTS soon maybe. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s TOTS nominee cards like TOTY too :pac:
    https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1250922491494780941?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

That's why the servers crashed now probably while I was playing with a friend.

Unless it was planned maintenance then apologies EA :)

New upgrade packs in code.. TOTS soon maybe. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s TOTS nominee cards like TOTY too :pac:
    https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1250922491494780941?s=21

Oh nice! Looks like it’ll be soon so :)

Love this game :pac: his only shot coming from a counter attack in the 2nd half where Mendy just stood there and watched the through ball... ****in 1 depth drop back.

685470-D9-FFD8-4521-8-DE1-8-F489725-D200.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

My guess is we will See Carniball next week and the week after. Then the week after that the TOTS vote followed by staggered releases of the leagues. They've no reason to rush anything out at the moment so they are going to milk the player base for all they can. I'd say they were expecting a big uptick in people playing over the summer this year as they could release Euro 2020 cards etc and that's gone now so will push TOTS to the end of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Oh nice! Looks like it’ll be soon so :)

This is EA, I reckon they’ll release these upgrade sbc to further strip people’s teams of the lower rated players , then do tots and then re-release these again afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Did they do something similar when they release the objectives for the Icons? I always think they try to strip clubs of their decent first owner players before objectives are released.

Did they do something similar when they release the objectives for the Icons? I always think they try to strip clubs of their decent first owner players before objectives are released.

Yep they do that too.

• Advertisement

SS Mahrez is really growing on me. Once I cut out the dickery with skills to a minimum he’s been exceptional for me at CAM.
    He’s 43 goals in 64 matches and going well.
    I even sold prime Henry as he doesn’t cut it in the higher divisions I found. I just need to figure out who to spend my 2 mill on. Will prob just hold it until tots and hopefully some icons like Eusebio etc come down.
    Only 138 points away from Div 4 and hopefully back to my rightful ranks at div2/3.

I was never sweaty enough to stay in Div 1 :)

Quick thoughts on Henry..he was still good but more in a false 9 way. His balance was holding him back when he got the ball to feet and tried to turn. He was still getting 9 rating in game but it was due to the amount of assists he was getting. But I might as well get Trez for that anyway.
    Henry wa great for breaking with the ball but his goal ratio was declining in div 5.
    Tempted to try that PIM Sanchez card though. Great stats on it bit only 3* skills which isn’t a big deal for a ST.

That’s it, nail on the head :)

Since we know the upgrade SBCs are coming, might be worthwhile stocking up on rare golds as everyone will rinse their club for those SBCs. I think last years requirement was 11 rares from the chosen league.

Personally going for Ligue 1 as they have the best odds of packing a boards or higher, so reckon people will do these more.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Since we know the upgrade SBCs are coming, might be worthwhile stocking up on rare golds as everyone will rinse their club for those SBCs. I think last years requirement was 11 rares from the chosen league.

Personally going for Ligue 1 as they have the best odds of packing a boards or higher, so reckon people will do these more.

The ones at Christmas just needed rares. Didn't need to be from a specific league. I stocked up on a stack of gold rares for 700 a pop or so this morning. Kept it mainly to the big leagues but picked up any cheap ones I could find really.

Well my first game of "WL" with the full Irish team was actually a Rivals game by mistake :pac: I played a Neymar-Mbappe-POTM Ben Yedder-Messi team and lost 4-3 after being 3-1 up, he shushed me :p

Okay, first actual WL game with the lads (don't worry I won't be doing this for every game :p):

Made a couple changes since posting the team so this is how we set up now:

ZDl15sW.png

My opponent:

JMNK4HT.png

Rough start for Ciaran Clark........but Randolph bails him out!

giphy.gif

And then we concede right after anyway:

giphy.gif

Seani right place right time to make it 1-1:

giphy.gif

And then immediately 2-1 down as Duffy's legs are giving up before half time:

giphy.gif

Coleman stops the attack and then it's just 4 touches before McGeady equalises again:

giphy.gif

Keane finds Maguire with a midfield-splitting pass and Seani thunders one in off the post to take the lead!

giphy.gif

And then with time running out for my opponent he starts pressing like a madman leaving all sorts of space in behind, Matt Doherty finds substitute number one Daryl Horgan, who has his shot saved but step up substitute number two young Troy Parrott to finish the rebound on his international debut:

giphy.gif

as a sidenote what do you use for those gifs or movie clips? Do you use specific capture and hardware etc?

Blazer wrote: »
    as a sidenote what do you use for those gifs or movie clips? Do you use specific capture and hardware etc?

i just use the ps4 Share button, upload to YT from there, and then turn th YT video into a gif.

i just use the ps4 Share button, upload to YT from there, and then turn th YT video into a gif.

nice..I'm on xbox so don't think I can do that. Ah well.
    Actually you can..sweet :)

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    The ones at Christmas just needed rares. Didn't need to be from a specific league. I stocked up on a stack of gold rares for 700 a pop or so this morning. Kept it mainly to the big leagues but picked up any cheap ones I could find really.

Fair, but these are new upgrade ones and for TOTS, so I’d suspect it’d be different. In the process of selling Di Maria so I’m gonna go mad on those + 86-88s

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement