Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

So I packed Kepa and Douglas Costa yesterday and did a few gold upgrades and went 7 in a row on rivals
    Thanks for all the advice on challenges

I still can't access the transfers on the companion app ,is anyone having difficulty with it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

WL gameplay has been a dream so far. Much better than rivals. Hopefully they keep it up for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Yeah had it a few times, next time when you get it claim it on the companion app.

Fair. Forgot you could do that as well... I’ll remember it for next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Did the player pick SBC and opted for Sanchez. I probably won't use him unless he gets a couple of IFs which I'd say is highly unlikely considering how terrible he has been for the last 2 years. Only cost me an extra 3K to do it as I had players just sitting in my club, so I said why not. Packed a discard IF in one of the packs, happy days!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

RossieMan wrote: »
    WL gameplay has been a dream so far. Much better than rivals. Hopefully they keep it up for the year.

I'm hating it on Xbox.

Every single game is people with their team set to "Drop Back", depth of one, with 90+ pace strikers. When you get the ball, they pretty much compact everyone into the box, and you're trying to break down buses.

Which wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't so stupidly effective, cause the counter attack just murders people.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote:
    Every single game is people with their team set to "Drop Back", depth of one, with 90+ pace strikers. When you get the ball, they pretty much compact everyone into the box, and you're trying to break down buses.

Exact same on pc. Love coming up against teams set drop back because you can just pass between your midfield and make them push out and then just pick them off. I don't even have a very good team and I'm enjoying the gameplay. The pace whoring up front is terrible being honest. I've IF benzema who bangs anything he gets near. For 100k I haven't used a better finisher.

You don't need to score 10 goals a game to win, get a goal early on and you make your opponent have to play.

Up to 9 wins with 1 loss, a penalty shootout against a lad who's currently 10-0.
    Pc seems a lot more active this year than last.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Went for Mkhitaryan just because I think his "untouchable" stats are better, things that can't be upgraded from in forms like his height, work rates, and weak foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Bought George Best last week for 760k and sold him this morning for 900k :D easy 95k profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Bought George Best last week for 760k and sold him this morning for 900k :D easy 95k profit.

Not that easy to be fair.

Always scared of putting a lot in just one player.

Easier when you want just test him out anyway.

Speaking of easy money long term I bought couple of Thiagos, Cavanis and if Blind.

All around 14-16 per card, but should pay off whenever high rated sbc comes out I think.

Not gonna build expensive team anytime soon this year, rather long term planning so have around 850k to play with.

Might change when I get hammered in fut champions whenever I start it :)

wonski wrote: »
    Not that easy to be fair.

Always scared of putting a lot in just one player.

Easier when you want just test him out anyway.

Speaking of easy money long term I bought couple of Thiagos, Cavanis and if Blind.

All around 14-16 per card, but should pay off whenever high rated sbc comes out I think.

Not gonna build expensive team anytime soon this year, rather long term planning so have around 850k to play with.

Might change when I get hammered in fut champions whenever I start it :)

no point in having coins if you don't enjoy them.
    You may as well try and compete and get gold 2/3 if you can.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    no point in having coins if you don't enjoy them.
    You may as well try and compete and get gold 2/3 if you can.

I hope I will ;)

Just prefer to give it few weeks and build better team rather than spending now.

Saying that the prices are reasonable at this stage, but think might jump a bit for the next weekend league when everyone gets their 2000 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

wonski wrote: »
    For anyone trying budget serie a Ilicic is decent option as cam.

84 shot and pass with decent enough 70 pace for a cam.

4 star wf and skills and 84 dribbling. Played few games and for under 3k you can't go wrong.

If you need full chemistry on position then it is extra 3k to move him to cam from cf, though.

Yep was playing with a Serie A team and had him as the CAM and he was brilliant, was averaging a goal a game for me and was very nice to play with, if he had pace he would be icon level good. But found with my Serie A team they felt incredibly sluggish, stats wise not too bad but they were just getting hopped off by average premier league teams, moved to a basic PL team myself and they seem much better despite the players I have been worse, weird how it works.

Also finding the same on PS4 with lads killing me on the counter attack, speed is ruling all so far, I would say 90% of goals I concede are counter attacks. Very frustrating as not the way I like to play the game at all.

Prices will go down Monday I'd imagine for the 80-84 rated cards once people realise they aren't very good.

Anyone who was even remotely playing the game would have got 2000 points last week. It's only about 15 games in div 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gary Gurney

Literally impossible to score from crosses. Anyone else finding this?

Getting corner kicks is actually a nightmare because you have 0 chance of scoring from it and inevitably the opposition will counter attack from it.

I honestly believe next weekend league will be much busier.

Not everyone is in div4 and won 14 games in there ;)

5-7 currently.

Switched to a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 and had decent success after a horrific start.

Just really hate having to spend 50k on the likes of a Lucas or a Rashford. They really aren't worth 50k.

Rashford 91k now on ps4.

That's just ridiculous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

No Weekend League for me so spent some time doing the two other non-crazy priced advanced sbcs.

Didn't get anything insane value wise but got a couple of discard IFs, some random Serie A OTW, Rodrigo and OTW Pulisic so still made a profit.

Yep was playing with a Serie A team and had him as the CAM and he was brilliant, was averaging a goal a game for me and was very nice to play with, if he had pace he would be icon level good. But found with my Serie A team they felt incredibly sluggish, stats wise not too bad but they were just getting hopped off by average premier league teams, moved to a basic PL team myself and they seem much better despite the players I have been worse, weird how it works.

Also finding the same on PS4 with lads killing me on the counter attack, speed is ruling all so far, I would say 90% of goals I concede are counter attacks. Very frustrating as not the way I like to play the game at all.

Pl players always shine at the start.

Laporte is 56k now with his amazing pace.

I always skip them until later. Let the Zaha/Rashford/Lucas have their fun for now.

Even lower rated players are better than they should be, but only takes a week or two to weed out this crap and start playing more even fielded game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

I have 800 points, in div 6 and blessed if I manage 3-4 games a day!

I guess I play games differently to some here....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Wonder will we get another otw today in sbc or objectives, tierney would be ideal, his league sbc card was really nice for first few months of fifa19 and with his attacking threat he should get IF’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    I have 800 points, in div 6 and blessed if I manage 3-4 games a day!

I guess I play games differently to some here....

I'm the same I've about a thousand points or so, ill be lucky if I play enough games before next weekend :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Ha 100% I'm a week three man!

Looking at players there... Sergio bisquets is the cheapest rated 89 at around 22k, and pique being the cheapest 88 at around 18k.

Would these be likely to raise in cost?

Surly at those prices they are a no brainer for an investment if a icon sbc drops they'll surly rocket in price?

New otw sbc up.

Tadic time :)

Two sold at 4k, but the prices went down to 3.5k already.

Every little helps.

So this is why they didn't give Promes an IF for scoring a hat trick last week.

Aaaaand it's gone, the SBC has just vanished :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

WL 0-5
    Better stats in 4/5 matches.
    Everyone with Rashford up front.
    Lost every 50/50.
    Plus ça change!

And that's off the back of a run of 5 wins in Div 5 in rivals.

Aaaaand it's gone, the SBC has just vanished :p

That's why my Tadic didn't work out...

Probably do that. I’ve been loving IF Malen, and Promes has good chances of getting an IF or two.

• Advertisement

They probably just realised the chance of him getting an inform is to high and want to up their requirements lol.

Or there was an error that allowed to complete the SBC without full filling all requirements.

Other than that I just couldn't see anything wrong with it.

Now I see:

There was an issue with the OTW Promes SBC release where some users were incorrectly told that they had completed the challenge when this wasn't the case.

We've taken down the SBC and it will be re-released shortly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement