Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

2 for 1!!

80759-BAA-2-E80-43-E1-B90-D-8496-F30-E7844.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The sneaky sods are running the EFL TOTS for 9 days so they can bump the probability results higher for whatever league they release next weekend.

But thank god they didn’t do skill/wf upgrades for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Mr Moon wrote:
    2 for 1!!

Milik and pepe in same pack! Sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,756 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Hate that they still can't be arsed giving dynamic pics to lower league cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

They've also designed the squad battles part of the Icon swaps so that you can't double up on the objectives.

USA XI
    CONMEBOL XI
    Championship XI
    German XI

Only five extra games, but still...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

R00ster wrote: »
    They've also designed the squad battles part of the Icon swaps so that you can't double up on the objectives.

USA XI
    CONMEBOL XI
    Championship XI
    German XI

Only five extra games, but still...

On the bright side, at least you can do the championship one with the TOTS Toney card :P

Also, sudamericana and libertadores SBCs are so cheap to do rn.. one of em costs 50k from scratch. With packs, you’d easily profit from that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Anyone able to explain how fut champs rewards works ? According to EA you're guaranteed one tots per pick for gold 2+ but what are the rest of the cards ?

Last year, all the picks were TOTS. Basically, just sub out the IFs for TOTS and it's the same as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Also, sudamericana and libertadores SBCs are so cheap to do rn.. one of em costs 50k from scratch. With packs, you’d easily profit from that.

Yeah, market is starting to flood with those players because of the large number of silver & bronze packs being opened for EFL TOTS(SF) cards, was already a very profitable SBC.

Also, I only realised after doing six of them that you can search by CONMEBOL as the league on the market on the phone app. Can't on console. A lot easier to snipe that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Last year, all the picks were TOTS. Basically, just sub out the IFs for TOTS and it's the same as usual.

That's how I thought it'd work but their wording is weird.

3-2 at the moment, got two rage quits and rage quitted twice so everything is equally balanced as it should be :pac:

TOTS Gomez went down to 1.35 and then jumped back up to 1.55 million. If he went back down around 1.25 I'd be tempted to sell toty trent as he's gone up to 1.03 and I imagine he'll drop since he'll probably get a tots in a week.

Played two games of rivals there... lost both where I scored first :( gameplay feels so slow and sluggish tho... even birthday Lozano felt like he was running with weights strapped to him.

• Advertisement

ihRMUSC.png

5-3 now.

Last match I go 2-1 up, he decides shapeshifter Ben Yedder isn't sweaty enough so he brings on Adama.

I miss 3 chances: Mcgeady through on goal and he stutters allowing his centre back to make up 10 yards before I could even get to the edge of the box, he literally passes it with his gk to my striker but the delay in shooting was so long I didn't even get the shot off.

Finally, I cross it to the far post and with an empty goal I hit the post, enabling him to lob it to Adama who walks into every one of my defenders before scuffing it into the net.

He scores a nothing goal off his 90th corner in extra time and I lose 3-2 with double the possession and shots :mad:

Brought in prime Ballack for Essien and he’s as good as I remember from last year.
    He’s down to about 650k which is a brilliant price for him.
    If you do buy him always play him right CD/CDM.
    With his shot power and long shots he scores way more goals cutting across than from left CM side where he can finesse them in. They take longer to do and he wouldn’t always get the time to do them.
    Hopefully I get him in my prime pack. Would count it as a big big win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lads just a quick heads up, you can use a German from championship, league 1 and league 2 in squad battles with a full German team and get the German icon swap and tots toney completed together.
    Just sub off the 3 above straight away for your mbappe, cr7 etc.

There’s not many Germans in league 1 or 2 so they’re costing around 6k each but I’d rather pay that than do an extra 4 squad battles matches.
    Plus you’ll be able to sell them for similar once you play the matches.

6 straight losses this morning. Just cannot buy a win.

Sweat fest is in full flow too.

Gonna be like that for the next couple weeks... not looking forward to it at all :(

6-4 atm. First loss of the day, I'm 2-0 down and finding it impossible to create chances.

Go to make a substitution in the 60th and realize at some point the game switched me from attacking to ultra defensive tactics :mad::confused:

I get one back and then in the 90th I chip his keeper and run past him to tap the ball bouncing on the line in but somehow his regular gold Militao catches up with Mcgeady and wraps his leg around him from behind to clear it :rolleyes:

What's the point of getting better cards when the game acts like that.

Anyway on a more positive note I've been watching the sky sports fifa tournament on twitch and it's enjoyable. TAA is playing Sterling in the semi final today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Barlett

Just wondering if anyone can give a bit of guidance here folks. I'm messing about with trading and bought a few Son's at 104 k yesterday and Varane at 83 k after seeing a tip on twitter. Will they recover as the week goes on in value once lightening rounds are over do you think? Only learning this craic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

It's ******. Between today and last night I've played 15 games of rivals and I've lost 12 of them, dropped over 300 points in division rivals and my only win out of them games your man quit straight after conceding 4 mins in.

It absolutely wrecks my head people relegating themselves. I am in division 7 now and still getting hammered in almost every game.

Barlett wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can give a bit of guidance here folks. I'm messing about with trading and bought a few Son's at 104 k yesterday and Varane at 83 k after seeing a tip on twitter. Will they recover as the week goes on in value once lightening rounds are over do you think? Only learning this craic

Probably too late now and Son seems overpriced at 104k.
    Can’t imagine him going higher.

• Advertisement

5-1 today so far. Lost 2 won 1.
    I’m still getting the hang of not rushing into tackling and just using the jockey to get the ball of my opponents but it’s very effective.
    Possession wise I’m seeing a increase from 45% to around 65% possession as I’ve not making stupid passes and minimising the mistakes I always make that lead to goals.
    The 2 games I lost was one guy absolutely creaming me this morning but his team were far better and the second guy was leading 5-0 but I came back 5-4 and missed two chances at the end to win it. Ballack especially missed 2 sitters as I was playing him at left CM and tried to finesse hence my previous post on him and I switched him over for the next game.
    Aim is to get to 14/17 wins but I’m also trying to get my last 3 tokens for prime icon pack so might stop at 14 depending on my record.

It's ******. Between today and last night I've played 15 games of rivals and I've lost 12 of them, dropped over 300 points in division rivals and my only win out of them games your man quit straight after conceding 4 mins in.

It absolutely wrecks my head people relegating themselves. I am in division 7 now and still getting hammered in almost every game.

It’s utter horse****.
    Div 5 is way easier than div 7 ffs.
    There’s people playing in div7 who are easily div 2-3. It’s farcical.

8-12 currently. Can't see myself going 6-4 to get the 14 wins.

Every game is people set ultra deep and lumping it to pacy strikers. Ah well, at least I should get to the 11 and get a TOTS, and this week was more getting back into the swing of things after a few weeks off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Time for sweaty tactics, 1 dept, drop back!!

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Time for sweaty tactics, 1 dept, drop back!!

Ensign...set depth to 1......

36-F77-D26-E892-4929-B735-2-F6-FAA337-E56.jpg

Engage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

4-7 so far. Lost a couple that I shouldn't have but hopefully I'll hit 11 wins by tomorrow night.

9-4 now so should be able to get to gold 2. Using the PIM Figo from the season pass as a sub in close games.

Did the marquee matchups and got TOTS Mitrovic from a 12 player pack :D

I sold him so I'm up to 900k now. I have enough for PIM Rush but I'm waiting to see if he'll drop more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Gyan84 wrote: »
    9-4 now so should be able to get to gold 2. Using the PIM Figo from the season pass as a sub in close games.

Did the marquee matchups and got TOTS Mitrovic from a 12 player pack :D

I sold him so I'm up to 900k now. I have enough for PIM Rush but I'm waiting to see if he'll drop more.

Yeah I’d def hold off a week, firmino won’t make tots (or at least he shouldn’t) so ea might give him a flashback sbc like they did last year.

The Sky Sports semi-final between Trent and Sterling was a lagfest. Sterling went 2-0 up Trent equalized in the second half.

The commentators spent a couple minutes hyping up golden goal and how long it could go on for and then Trent scored a rebound goal off of kick off :pac:

• Advertisement

11-1, let's see how I mess up the campaign for Elite this week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement