Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

It's ******. Between today and last night I've played 15 games of rivals and I've lost 12 of them, dropped over 300 points in division rivals and my only win out of them games your man quit straight after conceding 4 mins in.

It absolutely wrecks my head people relegating themselves. I am in division 7 now and still getting hammered in almost every game.

I’m the exact same as you, stuck in Div 7!
    I always try to get as high up the divisions as possible but back in February I just gave up and regulated myself to 9 to do the icon swaps.
    I found it way more enjoyable and ended back up in div7 with the my crap first team owner teams.

I started playing with my normal team and it made little difference. Some games are easy and some impossible lol.
    There such varied opposition in Div 7.
    The objectives and icon swaps being played through Rivals is a terrible format.

I’m 5-6 in champs so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Anyone do the Conmebol Icon swap I had a team full of the players and won 2 games but didn't get the win.

Link to one of the players I used.
    https://www.futbin.com/20/player/46607/ricardo-centuri%C3%B3n

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

cintec wrote: »
    Anyone do the Conmebol Icon swap I had a team full of the players and won 2 games but didn't get the win.

Link to one of the players I used.
    https://www.futbin.com/20/player/46607/ricardo-centuri%C3%B3n

What's the full team, that player should count.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    What's the full team, that player should count.

Link to full squad I wasn't sure the first time I was playing on world class but 100% the second time I played world class. Neither wins were recognised.
    https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/15288265

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Can’t remember last year, but was a TOTS card required for the SBC? If so, lots of EFL ones at 10-15k... might be worth picking up a few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,756 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

New SBC player, Ollie Watkins.

85 rated team with an IF for a 3*/3* Championship striker with 65 Composure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

There's a 90 rated flashback laporte in objectives too :eek:

The objectives are hard but nice to see them do an objective instead of an sbc for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Gyan84 wrote: »
    There's a 90 rated flashback laporte in objectives too :eek:

The objectives are hard but nice to see them do an objective instead of an sbc for it.

Yeah jeez they look tough enough but good for people to have something to grind for.
    I’ll try get Thuram first and then see what way I am for time left in the week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

New SBC player, Ollie Watkins.

85 rated team with an IF for a 3*/3* Championship striker with 65 Composure.

Is composure that big a deal?

Looks great for a pace-whore duo with my Maguire card, lol

Link to full squad I wasn't sure the first time I was playing on world class but 100% the second time I played world class. Neither wins were recognised.
    https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/15288265

Does each player say CONMEBOL when you press left stick into the profile?

• Advertisement

6-1 with my 3-5-2, decided not to go 1 dept. That video posted yesterday has given me tips that I was dong but not perfectly. Winning games I'd probably normally lose now.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Does each player say CONMEBOL when you press left stick into the profile?

yes all of them have CONMEBOL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

It's ******. Between today and last night I've played 15 games of rivals and I've lost 12 of them, dropped over 300 points in division rivals and my only win out of them games your man quit straight after conceding 4 mins in.

It absolutely wrecks my head people relegating themselves. I am in division 7 now and still getting hammered in almost every game.

After I posted this my luck changed around a bit and I ended up on about an 8 or 9 game winning streak and back into Division 6. Don't know what way this game works sometimes. I got the Bundesliga, mixed leagues and first owner icon swaps done today and also completed all of the objectives for Thuram.

The weirdest thing was that the majority of my winning streak was using a far inferior team with mainly gold cards. I was ripping teams apart and scoring for fun. Then once the objectives were done I changed to a La Liga team with FB Griezmann & Lemar, Futmas Cazorla, Koeman and a few other decent cards and lost my first game 7-2. There is no correlation with having a good team and how you play as far as I can see. So on that note I am not going to kill myself trying to get certain players or objectives done!

Just had a fella go 1-0 up inside 4 mins, I equalise a couple later and he just quits... what was the point in that?! He was going for icon swaps too. Least he could’ve done is give me the win :pac:

Just had a fella go 1-0 up inside 4 mins, I equalise a couple later and he just quits... what was the point in that?! He was going for icon swaps too. Least he could’ve done is give me the win :pac:

They’re a strange bunch.
    I played a match an hour ago with a bundes team, I’m chipping away at the thuram objectives while doing icon swaps.
    He has a serie a team.
    Close game until 60 mins when he goes 3-1 up, neither of us watched replays, then I think he gets pissed off I don’t quit after he pauses on third cos he starts being an arse!
    Gets a 4th and runs the field shushing, I stay playing to try get the finesse goal with a bundes striker.
    He took 2 red cards at 4-1 up when I was about to finesse in!
    This has happened me several times this year on objectives.

It was strange though that he was playing normal though and then seemed to get triggered by me wanting to finish out the game.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    They’re a strange bunch.
    I played a match an hour ago with a bundes team, I’m chipping away at the thuram objectives while doing icon swaps.
    He has a serie a team.
    Close game until 60 mins when he goes 3-1 up, neither of us watched replays, then I think he gets pissed off I don’t quit after he pauses on third cos he starts being an arse!
    Gets a 4th and runs the field shushing, I stay playing to try get the finesse goal with a bundes striker.
    He took 2 red cards at 4-1 up when I was about to finesse in!
    This has happened me several times this year on objectives.

It was strange though that he was playing normal though and then seemed to get triggered by me wanting to finish out the game.

Oh yeah, agree 100%. Had a few of those where I’d need a certain player to score and they’d just spent the entire game marking them out of the game so I won’t get the objective. A lot of the Fifa playerbase are just dicks :pac:

He probably figured you were going to win and out of spite quit the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Are the new icon swaps objectives gonna be there for long?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Are the new icon swaps objectives gonna be there for long?

They'll be available for the next 40 days I think. Plenty of time to chip away at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I am also going for the Thuram objective. Three times today I get a goal with a French player. Just need the assist and each time the other player quits.
    I just don't understand it.

I have to say, I can't recall an obviously Ireland based player doing it. They have an Irish 'theme' to their name usually.

• Advertisement

I am also going for the Thuram objective. Three times today I get a goal with a French player. Just need the assist and each time the other player quits.
    I just don't understand it.

I have to say, I can't recall an obviously Ireland based player doing it. They have an Irish 'theme' to their name usually.

If possible, try using all French players in your midfield and attack, that way when you get the French goal you’ll most likely have got a French assist too :)

He probably figured you were going to win and out of spite quit the game.

Knowing my luck today, I’d have lost it anyway :pac: can’t buy a win at all... 6 games, all lost and down to div 5. Stopped going for the PL objective and switched it to La Liga... a miles better squad thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    They'll be available for the next 40 days I think. Plenty of time to chip away at them.

Damn no. I want my prime icon pack tonight :)
    Just 2 more bundes wins now to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Went 11-5 then lost two in a row so switched to rivals and started combining the Icon Swaps, Thuram and Laporte objectives.

Got my second TOTS of the day in Busquests from one of the season pass rewards :D He looks fairly useless but he'll reduce the cost of an sbc.

Urrghh Veron from my prime pack.
    He’ll do for the Sandro SBC as I highly doubt he’d displace 87 Essien or prime Ballack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Blazer wrote: »
    Urrghh Veron from my prime pack.
    He’ll do for the Sandro SBC as I highly doubt he’d displace 87 Essien or prime Ballack.

I think might manage another 5 tokens to spin the wheel with the prime pack, might. Squad battles grind, no thankyou.

Liamalone wrote: »
    I think might manage another 5 tokens to spin the wheel with the prime pack, might. Squad battles grind, no thankyou.

At least with squad battles you know you’ll grind it out in 5 wins etc. Took me all bloody night to get 8 rival wins.

14-2, just need to go 9-5 to get Elite, still sure I'll slip up :o

Seani Maguire is so fcuking good, was getting frustrated today with how many shots get blocked by defenders on the line, then he comes on and does this:

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Blazer wrote: »
    At least with squad battles you know you’ll grind it out in 5 wins etc. Took me all bloody night to get 8 rival wins.

I hate playing against the computer though :( Much rather get 4 wins from 44 online games tbh lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement