Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Any wonder I treat this game with the disdain that I do.

As above, running a La Liga team, thought I'd go for the 11 first owned players and 9 La Liga players in one swoop.

Win one.

Go 3 up in next one early, quits he does, I think happy days

*Family Fortunes Buzzer*

Didn't register.

Any wonder I have only 4 tokens. Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Qualified for the FUT Champs for about the third time. A tough standard!! I think I'm 3-6. Not had enough time this weekend, but with a lot going on between work and studies in the next two weeks ill have less time so said I'd have a crack. Going to try squeeze a few in later and hopefully get to 6 wins at least, I'd love to make 8 for once. My squad just isn't good enough against some of those teams. First game I played on it this weekend, he had mbappe, 5 goals in 30 mins from everything he touched, I'd had 9 shots in the same period and was 5 down hahaha.

I have 4 icon swaps tokens so I'm going to try and get to seven so I can get trezeguet for something new.

Is having the depth set too high a major problem against fast teams? If your drop does it help ? Likes of these osimhen and mbappe cards break me sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Blazer wrote: »
    Urrghh Veron from my prime pack.
    He’ll do for the Sandro SBC as I highly doubt he’d displace 87 Essien or prime Ballack.

Got his mid from my mid icon pack to go along with Kluivert from my base icon pack in my reserves :pac: thought it was Maradona too ffs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jim Gazebo wrote: »

Is having the depth set too high a major problem against fast teams? If your drop does it help ? Likes of these osimhen and mbappe cards break me sometimes.

Yeah, sadly, you have to drop deep to defend against the likes of that. Because there’s good rewards this week, the casual player is back, and casual players adore the pace whore stuff.

I’m at 11-14 now. Not sure if I’ll get the three from five I need for 14 but I’ll give it a whack latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,756 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I haven't bothered with custom tactics for a few months now, I just leave everything on default apart from putting fullbacks on stay back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

If fifa 20 has thought me one thing, if you’re 2 nil up and battering the opponent to death but can’t get the 3rd before half time, just quit the game and save yourself 7 or 8 mins cos no way are you getting that win!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Played a third game on world class with 11 Conmebol Libertadores players and didn't get the win

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

cintec wrote: »
    Played a third game on world class with 11 Conmebol Libertadores players and didn't get the win

Just play the low rated teams and refresh. They're very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Every week I say to myself I know what the game is like so it can't get me mad then first game today I go 1 up, prime Barnes and PIM Figo miss two 6 yard sitters, his de gea deflects a low driven onto the bar.

Last ten minutes he scores two goals that were set up by 180 degree passes and shushes and dabs with his two shots on target :mad:

11-8 now from 11-5 yesterday. Everybody is playing 4-2-3-1 with pacy wingers and a 6 man defense and I can't break it down.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Every week I say to myself I know what the game is like so it can't get me mad then first game today I go 1 up, prime Barnes and PIM Figo miss two 6 yard sitters, his de gea deflects a low driven onto the bar.

Last ten minutes he scores two goals that were set up by 180 degree passes and shushes and dabs with his two shots on target :mad:

11-8 now from 11-5 yesterday. Everybody is playing 4-2-3-1 with pacy wingers and a 6 man defense and I can't break it down.

Found myself coming up against a low of 1 depth, drop back players as well.

Managed to figure out how to counter it - most players that play that are too stubborn to switch off it if it isn’t working, so I just start passing it around between myself and wait for them to push me as they’ll eventually get bored of my possession. Works like 90% of the time as they’ll push and leave a **** load of gaps to exploit.

• Advertisement

Just play the low rated teams and refresh. They're very poor.

I won all 3 but the wins didn't register

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Finished last night at 13-10. I’m thinking I really should have played another one.
    Could I do 7 losses in a row lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

6-4. First WL in about 4 months and have a 50k team. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

I won all 3 but the wins didn't register

On the right difficulty?

On the right difficulty?

yes I played world class

yes I played world class

Has to be one of the players

Has to be one of the players

Every player is a Conmebol black special card.

I have played 5 games

3 world class and subbed on 3 good players
    1 game world class and all 18 were trash conmebol players
    1 game legendary with 11 conmebol and 3 subs to win.

won all 5 and got no icon swap wins, I have completed all other offline objectives.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hogey007 wrote: »
    If fifa 20 has thought me one thing, if you’re 2 nil up and battering the opponent to death but can’t get the 3rd before half time, just quit the game and save yourself 7 or 8 mins cos no way are you getting that win!

Every ****in game today is like that.
    Ronaldo while awesome for me on Friday can’t hit a barn today and is not even leading up front.
    Argh stupid game. 8-8 now at this stage.

Every ****in game today is like that.
    Ronaldo while awesome for me on Friday can’t hit a barn today and is not even leading up front.
    Argh stupid game. 8-8 now at this stage.

Just scraped 14 (1 game to spare)

Absolute sweat fest of a weekend, went in hoping for 17 but glad to get 14 in the end.
    Not even guaranteed a pick from the community tots now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Just scraped 14 (1 game to spare)

Absolute sweat fest of a weekend, went in hoping for 17 but glad to get 14 in the end.
    Not even guaranteed a pick from the community tots now.

I didn’t realise it was 17 wins for guaranteed tots.
    Ah to hell with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Every player is a Conmebol black special card.

I have played 5 games

3 world class and subbed on 3 good players
    1 game world class and all 18 were trash conmebol players
    1 game legendary with 11 conmebol and 3 subs to win.

won all 5 and got no icon swap wins, I have completed all other offline objectives.

Not all conmebol are libertadores. There are sudamericana etc...

Check every single one. Must have missed something.

Edit: Never mind, that objective requires non specific conmebol players. Not sure why it doesn't work for you then.

The CONMEBOL objective is broken, EA have addressed it.

https://twitter.com/EAHelp/status/1254346954965790720?s=20

I didn’t realise it was 17 wins for guaranteed tots.
    Ah to hell with that.

Yeah you need 17 to be guaranteed a pick from the better league, if not all your picks could be from efl tots.

Guaranteed TOTS SBCs should be out in an hour so congrats to literally everybody for packing one of these guys:

S2dgFWn.png
    HaWGhR4.png

The CONMEBOL objective is broken, EA have addressed it.

https://twitter.com/EAHelp/status/1254346954965790720?s=20

That is some joke!!

Finished last night at 13-10. I’m thinking I really should have played another one.
    Could I do 7 losses in a row lol

Ended up 14-14 lol
    Getting nervous at the end.

Yeah you need 17 to be guaranteed a pick from the better league, if not all your picks could be from efl tots.

Jesus, didn’t realise that at all. Puts me off playing WL then :pac: gonna push it off til best of TOTS so I’m guaranteed a good one

That is some joke!!

yes really annoying especially since some people seem to have gotten wins.

I hope EA give me the token since I won 6 games completing the objective but I don't have much hope.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Considering I started the day at 8-12, I'm very happy to get the 14-14 :D

Hadn't seen the thing of needing 17 wins though :( Was it the same last year?

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Considering I started the day at 8-12, I'm very happy to get the 14-14 :D

Hadn't seen the thing of needing 17 wins though :( Was it the same last year?

It just guarantees you a higher league tots player.

I think so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement