Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

WL24-4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,756 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

And breathe...

qGbh4L7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

It’s actually taken me longer to get 1 win with my La Liga side than 3 wins... and a lot of rage quits along the way ffs :pac: back down to 1000~ rivals rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It’s actually taken me longer to get 1 win with my La Liga side than 3 wins... and a lot of rage quits along the way ffs :pac: back down to 1000~ rivals rank.

That la liga one drove me nuts for the last win.

Doing the lique1 today and just did the Icardi sbc just for kicks. Didn’t cost me anything as I just used untradeables for leagues I’ve already done the icon swaps for.

Blazer wrote: »
    That la liga one drove me nuts for the last win.

Doing the lique1 today and just did the Icardi sbc just for kicks. Didn’t cost me anything as I just used untradeables for leagues I’ve already done the icon swaps for.

I’m close to it... driving me insane all morning. Doesn’t help when I come up against the ***** that dab and watch the replays. I’ll probably give the Ligue 1 one a shot and then squad battles for the last token for Dalglish.

Edit: first game with Ligue 1 side, AI gives away a pen. I dive the right way and Ruffier tips it off the post and straight in.... go down the other end, Osimhen gets it in the box and I’m spamming circle but for some reason he decided to not kick it and Varane recovers. Quit then and there :pac: looks like I’m getting my last two tokens from SB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

It's ******. Between today and last night I've played 15 games of rivals and I've lost 12 of them, dropped over 300 points in division rivals and my only win out of them games your man quit straight after conceding 4 mins in.

It absolutely wrecks my head people relegating themselves. I am in division 7 now and still getting hammered in almost every game.

I got relegated 3 divisions over the weekend. Went form Division 6 to Division 9. On Saturday night I played 12 games and won one. And only I'd say one or two of them was because of a clearly Div3/4 player having relegated. All my players seemed to have had at least 40 points knocked off every stat, it was ridiculous. Refused to go to bed until I won a single game, managed a terrible 4-3 win at about midnight, so said I would play again. Then went on a 7 game win streak so back up to Division 8. And in some of those games I could see the same thing that had been happening to me happening to the other guy where he was obviously being handicapped. It's so frustrating.

I'm hoping the EPL TOTSSF is soon as I have my eyes set on PIM Cannavaro from Swaps and should have the tokens by the weekend, but don't want to take him incase there's a decent EPL option in packs. Have done that Laporte card and he is def an upgrade over my FUTMas Sanchez who I have been plugging along with, but you really feel the 74 pace, even with a Shadow.
    baldshin wrote: »
    Anyone else still using the POTM Vardy that was from an easy SBC a few months ago?

Don't think I'll ever see as good a card from a simple SBC, just looked at his stats for me- 408 goals in 388 games, unbelievable.

Used him up until about 6 weeks ago before replacing him with Auba. Then RB Auero. Sold up both of them before the market crash so back using Vardy again until a decent TOTTSF striker takes my interest. Insane value that SBC was for the use I've got out of him. 253 goals in 261 games for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Just need 6 more squad battle wins and 3 more wl wins for cannavaro (I had 5 wl wins before 6pm Friday)
    Got Toney objectives done with other squad battles for icon swaps.

And just 3 more wins with French goals and assists for thuram

On Laporte, great addition for them to add it as objective than sbc, he’ll be very useful for a lot of people but I think you’d have to be starting him to make the grind worth it. I’d more than likely use him in an sbc, not worth the grind to save 50k (I’d probably drop down a division or 2 doing it also and lose extra prizes in the process)
    I’ll pass on him but good to see them adding players like him, he’d def have been about 200k as an sbc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Saw on reddit that the code for the guaranteed tots sbc was added so invested my 900k into 47 cards of the 85 rated left back for between 16.5-18.5k.

I actually got 48 of him but thanks to button lag I ended up insta-buying him for 50k :( Ah well he sells for close to 20k and I got a hunter chem style in my silver squad battles rewards so it could be worse.

Also TOTS Gomez has dropped to 1.15 million which is crazy since he was 1.45 on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Zaha's card seems to be in freefall

Which mid player pick are you going for? Not sure who to pick.

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Which mid player pick are you going for? Not sure who to pick.

I like the look of the Celtic guy but the last time I picked a Celtic player (Forrest) over a rangers player (Kent) I’ve regretted it nearly every weekend league since :D

I’ve a feeling we’ll see Kent get some form of a tots or moments sbc/objective so I’ll probably go for hagi as a link to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Have hardly touched fifa in 10 days or so but might play a bit at the weekend, dropped 400k into Lenglets, buying at 14k and selling at 20k, first 2 out of 30ish shifted in the first cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

one more token and Maradona is mine.......will do the USA squad challenge, so 5 wins against the computer is what I need... I did the online Icons easy enough, which surprised me.........

Just some upgrade SBCs out, no guaranteed TOTS yet.

An 82 rated squad required for a pack of 2x82+ :rolleyes:

Something interesting there, when you come up against a piece of sh!t who’s self relegating but doesn’t have the decency to wait 5 seconds to let you score and quits on kick off instead.
    It counts as a match for your players, uses up a contract, uses up a loan game if you’re using a loan icon but does not count as a match in the daily objectives to “play 2 matches”

They either played or they didn’t!
    How can they take contracts away and then not count it?

In FIFA 18 you could get a PL TOTS player for an 83 squad, now you get 2 82+ rated players for an 82 squad.

GgvMipE.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Something interesting there, when you come up against a piece of sh!t who’s self relegating but doesn’t have the decency to wait 5 seconds to let you score and quits on kick off instead.
    It counts as a match for your players, uses up a contract, uses up a loan game if you’re using a loan icon but does not count as a match in the daily objectives to “play 2 matches”

Yep have noticed that, it's like an unwritten rule that you will always come up against at least one of these players when you are using a loan card.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

Anyone get Puyol or Laudrup from the 1st batch? Any reviews please

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Anyone get Puyol or Laudrup from the 1st batch? Any reviews please

Puyol has not been good for me. Too slow to recover back to really quick players and feels heavy in-game.

Really regret doing him personally.

Honestly they should just program it to give the win automatically to the person that didn’t d/c in these situations... so annoying coming up against derankers that quit immediately. Have come up against countless and only 2 ever gave me the win... coincidentally, they were both Irish :pac:

• Advertisement

Anyone else on virgin media? 3 disconnects in last 2 hours for me.
    Was winning 2 of the 3 matches with a French goal and assist in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

yea they are having a lot of trouble i lost my internet 3 times since 5pm today.

I know someone said earlier on you could use German players from EFL League 1, 2 and championship while doing the German squad bases SB.
    You can actually do 4 objectives at the same time.
    Buy Henry from EFL League 1 and get one goal and 2 assists in each game. His tots is about 16k
    Update- you can complete both the German icon swaps and tots Toney objective from the same squad battles.

Also not sure if we get the same squads when we refresh but I’ve never seen so many low rated squads. Lol one of them was 58 rated and had the Newcastle logo. Wasn’t sure whether to laugh or be insulted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Two more online Bundesligue wins for a ninth token to throw the dice on the pack. Positive Mental Attitude, You're getting one of the top five! 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Got the laporte objections done fairly handy 2night red griezmann came in handy for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Just have the two outside the box la liga goals to get Laporte. Finding them much harder than the crosses. Every time I try using a finesse it either hits the post or goes a mile wild.

Got the last premier league cross I needed after his keeper completely missed a simple catch and gave my striker standing behind him a free tap in :pac:

I've been using the storyline Belotti from last season's rewards and finding him insanely good.

Gyan84 wrote: »

I've been using the storyline Belotti from last season's rewards and finding him insanely good.

I developed quite a hatred for Belotti this weekend in rivals.
    You wouldn’t even know he’s playing the entire fame and then he gets 2-3 shots and you’re suddenly 3-2 down near the end of the game.
    At least 4 times I lost in this way this weekend and all Belotti.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Two more online Bundesligue wins for a ninth token to throw the dice on the pack. Positive Mental Attitude, You're getting one of the top five! 🀣

Cmon man...we’re waiting to see who you got.

I’ve been knocked out of 5 games because of this virgin issue. In my last game I was 4-0 with a full French squad had two other objectives done also! Why didn’t he quit :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Just have the two outside the box la liga goals to get Laporte. Finding them much harder than the crosses. Every time I try using a finesse it either hits the post or goes a mile wild.

Got the last premier league cross I needed after his keeper completely missed a simple catch and gave my striker standing behind him a free tap in :pac:

That 5 star weak foot is unreal , I love him, have him lined up beside FS Martinez what apair.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement