Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

hots wrote: »
    Also added a TOTS player to the championship SBC which is a good sign. I've got 3 left on the bundesliga one now (and paederborn done) so praying for someone decent there, ideally an upgrade on Anglelino LB or Konate CB I reckon...

I've got most of them hovering round 18/20, so that would be fantastic :D

Bloody hell, White looks amazing too. Could easily have him in my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,751 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Has this happened any of ye before? Had 39 packs ready to open. Did the guaranteed efl player pack. So have 40 now.

Went to open it and can't find it. Counted up the packs on screen and it's only 30. I guess it's lost until I start opening packs right?

yeah only 30 packs are displayed on console, you access more on the app though.

Actually glad I got an untradeable Doyle from that pack, stops me being tempted to take him when he shows up in my red picks next to an actual good player :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Bloody Kirk...

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

yeah only 30 packs are displayed on console, you access more on the app though.

Cheers, I can't wait to get my palmer ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Good old Ronan Curtis. COYBIG.

Good old Ronan Curtis. COYBIG.

Surprisingly good, I thought he was gonna be shíte but I've played him a bit on 7 chem at RM and I'm liking him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got the 88 English CAM from the efl sbc which is pretty good.

I was using him in squad battles when I noticed he has 87 long shots but only mid 30s free kick acuracy which is weird.

He'll end up in the flashback Firmino/moments Origi sbc that is definetly coming this time pacman.gif

Extremely tempted by that Goretzka SBC, I'd have to do Boateng too to fit him in my team. Gonna wait until Friday, see what my rewards bring, and decide from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

84 cdm whiteman... Yay ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm getting tempted to go for Guillet in swaps.

I know reviews have him as a bit clonky, but I'm looking at the options and feeling none are particularly appealing. At least with Ruud, he's got the emotional attatchment from last year. Reckon I can get enough tokens for him only having to do a single Squad Battle objective.

I was thinking about him too. Only chance I'd get to get him in my team...

Finished Thuram and Laporte tonight. Used my French world beaters team so got the prem assists, long shot, score with 3*, score and assist objective and the token for world beaters with it.

In Div 5 so it's not ridiculous.

The CONMEBOL icon objective is hit and miss, I've won 7 with the same team and only 2 of the wins counted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Gullit baby card isn’t bad at all. I loved it last year as I got it in the baby icon sbc.
    But don’t fool yourself. It’s nothing even close to his mid or prime. Not even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Was playing a few games today and struggling to get wins for the icon swaps online. Already had 7 tokens so said **** it and pulled the trigger on Gattuso. Started him and in his first game got a win and a clean sheet. Won the next one as well, Trezeguet scoring 4. Threw a shadow onto Gattuso, some difference having a quality CDM in your midfield. Thinking of saving my cash and getting Keane in to partner him in there, with Thorsby playing just ahead of them.

Gonna grind the 9 remaining tokens and go for the random pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Was playing a few games today and struggling to get wins for the icon swaps online. Already had 7 tokens so said **** it and pulled the trigger on Gattuso. Started him and in his first game got a win and a clean sheet. Won the next one as well, Trezeguet scoring 4. Threw a shadow onto Gattuso, some difference having a quality CDM in your midfield. Thinking of saving my cash and getting Keane in to partner him in there, with Thorsby playing just ahead of them.

Yeah Gattuso is good. I run him myself and he’s always there getting the tackles on and winning the ball back. I wouldn’t put Keane with him though , see if you can afford Ballack. He’s amazing in midfield. With a shadow great defense and his shooting stats are excellent.
    You need a midfielder to complement Gattuso. Someone with good defensive stars but also great passing and shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Anyone use PIM Nedved? I was doing some Icon Swaps last night and realised a few of my teams were 11/11 First Owned so figured I'f throw some loan icons in for the craic. Seriously considering trying to raise the coins for him now though, he is a joke. 97 Long Shots an 5* Weak Foot so he was pinging them in from 20-25 yards for fun. None of the Fancy Dan finessing either, just pure piledrivers. 7 goals in 3 games.

I packed his Mid version untradeable earlier in the year and I tend to sub him on around 70 minutes if I need to shore things up and find him great for that alongside Essien.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Trying to decide between Maldini, Overmars or Laudrup for my futswaps this time around. Laudrup seems like great value, Overmars probably most interesting and Maldini probably the best of them. Maldini would fit into all of my squads replaying Konate beside Boateng... Overmars might be overkill when I've got Mbappe LM IF but could get them both in a 343 maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Opened my Twitch Prime pack last night - had to do it via the app rather than console as have over 100 unopened packs.

Moral of the story don’t open packs when half asleep - did it around 2am. Got 88 CAM from the loan player EFL TOTS. So far ok - from the player pick 2 I already had of them but 86 Veratti was an option, not brilliant but would be useful for the Lique 1 first owner objective - clicked screen and ended up with 82 Biglia (duplicate) instead 😬 went to bed fuming 😀 with myself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

hots wrote: »
    Trying to decide between Maldini, Overmars or Laudrup for my futswaps this time around. Laudrup seems like great value, Overmars probably most interesting and Maldini probably the best of them. Maldini would fit into all of my squads replaying Konate beside Boateng... Overmars might be overkill when I've got Mbappe LM IF but could get them both in a 343 maybe...

I haven't used Maldini or Overmars but I would highly recommend Laudrup. Unbelievable at CAM and has the ability to glide past players with his pace and dribbling, I much prefer him to FB Griezmann. I was worried about getting him initially as it is not exactly a card you hear a lot about, in fact I had in my head that Laudrups other cards were particularly weak cards. 122 goals in 180 games from CAM for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

plus one on laudrup,at cam, I also find he pops up in great scoring positions

Would he be a big improvement on base KDB?

I can go up to 15 tokens. I don’t really want Kaka, so it’s between Maldini and Laudrup

• Advertisement

I can go up to 15 tokens. I don’t really want Kaka, so it’s between Maldini and Laudrup

Yes, that is who he replaced in my team. Shooting maybe a little bit weaker but pace and dribbling are streets ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

big improvement that's who he replaced on my team too

That's too much Laudrup love to ignore I think, 3 more tokens needed and I think this will be my top team:

https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/15406196

Or probably just a normal 433(4) with Mbappe wide and Laudrup in the middle behind Haland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Finished my swaps this morning and put Dalglish in the club. Glad to see the back of swaps now... time to burn the players I had into TOTS SBCs.

Thanks, I think I’ll try him so.
    He will open up more links as well. I’d like to get a Yedder in my team at some stage.
    Was using his base and I forgot how good he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

i'm the same it's between

Lampard vs Kaka vs Laudrup(maybe include Litmanen)

Going to go for the prime icon pack from the icon swaps, should have the 9th one done later today. Will report back with whoever I am lucky or unlucky enough to pack, from looking through the prime icons I'd say around 60% of them would get into my team so have to risk it. Worst case scenario would be a crap striker like Inzaghi, Vieri or Crespo/RVN and those. Even if I got a keeper it wouldn't be a disaster as still using gold De Gea.

cintec wrote: »
    i'm the same it's between

Lampard vs Kaka vs Laudrup(maybe include Litmanen)

I wrote off Lampard, had a loan version and it wasn't great. I could get Kaka too but would need every token, bit of a hassle.

Anyone remember what they did with expired swaps last year? I'd say I'll end up with 2 after this set, was there a pack SBC at one point for them?

Going to go for the prime icon pack from the icon swaps, should have the 9th one done later today. Will report back with whoever I am lucky or unlucky enough to pack, from looking through the prime icons I'd say around 60% of them would get into my team so have to risk it. Worst case scenario would be a crap striker like Inzaghi, Vieri or Crespo/RVN and those. Even if I got a keeper it wouldn't be a disaster as still using gold De Gea.

Got them quicker than expected. Put the 9 icons in, out comes... Kenny Dalglish!

Can be happy enough with that one I think :D Worth nearly 2m coins so he must be half decent.

• Advertisement

Got them quicker than expected. Put the 9 icons in, out comes... Kenny Dalglish!

Can be happy enough with that one I think :D Worth nearly 2m coins so he must be half decent.

Nice result there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement