Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Blazer wrote: »
    Yeah Gattuso is good. I run him myself and he’s always there getting the tackles on and winning the ball back. I wouldn’t put Keane with him though , see if you can afford Ballack. He’s amazing in midfield. With a shadow great defense and his shooting stats are excellent.
    You need a midfielder to complement Gattuso. Someone with good defensive stars but also great passing and shooting.

Be a while before I can afford him but I'll keep him in mind. Playing with two DM's at the minute but you're probably right, could do with someone more creative beside Gattuso. I'll see what prime icon I get first, just have to grind the rest of the tokens out first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Got tots 92 player casemiro 120k ish coins worth .

Sell and buy an icon? Any recommendations??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Got tots 92 player casemiro 120k ish coins worth .

Sell and buy an icon? Any recommendations??

What’s your team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,838 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

They just released a TOTW SBC for an 83 rated squad. Who on earth is trading in an 83 rated squad for an untradeable IF during TOTS?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭baldshin

My first decent experience playing rivals earlier, we were both quite evenly matched and it looked like the game would be a nil all draw or a scruffy one nil either way. Got a message at half time asking was I doing any objectives, and if so he needed a crossed goal and a win. Ended up letting him win so I could get 2 of my objectives done that didn't need a win and might have taken me days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

They just released a TOTW SBC for an 83 rated squad. Who on earth is trading in an 83 rated squad for an untradeable IF during TOTS?

It’s only for 2 days, I was sure they’d leave it there for a month or so as totw is finished until June.
    I still expect a really big sbc during prem league tots, last year they released a fb firmino with stats as good as tots, think we could see him again or maybe pogba.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    It’s only for 2 days, I was sure they’d leave it there for a month or so as totw is finished until June.
    I still expect a really big sbc during prem league tots, last year they released a fb firmino with stats as good as tots, think we could see him again or maybe pogba.

I’m hoping it’s someone else really.
    I’ve always ended up with a Brazilian /french hybrid squad for the past few years
    Wouldn’t mind Aouor’s flashback card from his tots last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I've lost 2 to 4k on each of my tots left backs :o

Might as well hold on to them just in case.

Will probably sell my toty trent and buy tots gomez since trent will be getting a tots on Friday anyway.

I’m hoping it’s someone else really.
    I’ve always ended up with a Brazilian /french hybrid squad for the past few years
    Wouldn’t mind Aouor’s flashback card from his tots last year.

God yeah, that aouor card was class, loved it.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    God yeah, that aouor card was class, loved it.

I had it but never really got to use it properly as it didn’t suit my formation last year.
    This year he’d fit in oh so well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

What’s your team?

It's not a great level, I'll try post a shot of it later but pl based so he doesn't fit perfectly. 4-3-3 with DM , I played him there in the team and he was good but I wonder would it be worth getting a good icon at cheap price instead. Casemiro could lose value? I got him in thE 3 player SBC I was delighted hahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Currently running this bad boy after getting Dalglish this morning. 5 wins on the bounce, Dalglish is amazing. Close control, passing, finishing, he does it all. Taraabt behind him is a heap of fun too... I’ll more than likely replace him with some sort of TOTS CAM tho.

2-B5-F15-FC-824-B-4-A96-847-B-9-EFDA7890994.jpg

Had my most frustrating night with any game tonight while trying to get the last two tokens I need for Dalglish.

Two games in a row lost by one goal while hitting the post multiple times in each.

To top it off then in the next match a guy with a team full of totys and icons, watches the full pre-match cut scene and then immediately quits the match without giving me a goal :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Had my most frustrating night with any game tonight while trying to get the last two tokens I need for Dalglish.

Two games in a row lost by one goal while hitting the post multiple times in each.

To top it off then in the next match a guy with a team full of totys and icons, watches the full pre-match cut scene and then immediately quits the match without giving me a goal :mad:

Happened to me the other day too.. eventually just gave up and did squad battles for my remaining tokens. At least I’m guaranteed a win there :P

They finally gave dynamic images to the EFL cards :D

sVdRkM6.png

Best of luck with the red picks, may you all get a Gomez or zaha.

I suspect Kirk and Palmer will be popping up on my screen in 20 mins.

Grimaldo and Doyle.

Not super but not disastrous either, happy to get a red Irish striker :)

Stopped at 11 wins and highest pick was 93 Thiago.
    He’s pretty tasty at CAM/CM as I used him midweek.
    I call that a win.

Not bad not great

3PHSuzV.png
    7bss4vn.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Busquets and Pereira.

Saving my packs till tomorrow.

Not sure if I’ll use them but can’t complain bout a 91 and a 93 red picks. Busquets popped up in both my picks too.

Might give the Brazilian lad a whirl as an excuse to use Maguire a bit this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Godin and Pique for myself. Will be handy for Icon swap's as I've still to do la liga and Serie A. Then they'll both be fired into an SBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm ashamed to say I ran to the halfway line with a celebration last night. :o

Was playing a guy he went 1-0 up full three phase celebration. I got to 3-1 skipping all mine. But hit the post, bar, his defenders pulling off bicycle kick blocks with the keeper beaten, should have been 8-1 up. Then had Vardy through clean on goal, he tackles him from behind and gets a red card. My free hits the bar and cannons back about 40 yards to his Sane with nobody near him and he runs through and scores. Then of course EA just kill me, none of my players can pass it 2 yards and he scores twice more with full celebrations, once with Loan Figo from basically the end line. Once he goes 4-3 he uses all three pauses. It comes back my players seem to remember how to play, get back to 4-4. Then in the 93rd minute KDB shoots, keeper nowhere near it, his defender somehow blocks it off the line, bounces back to De Bruyne who smashes it home on the volley. IT. FELT. GOOD.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'm ashamed to say I ran to the halfway line with a celebration last night. :o

Was playing a guy he went 1-0 up full three phase celebration. I got to 3-1 skipping all mine. But hit the post, bar, his defenders pulling off bicycle kick blocks with the keeper beaten, should have been 8-1 up. Then had Vardy through clean on goal, he tackles him from behind and gets a red card. My free hits the bar and cannons back about 40 yards to his Sane with nobody near him and he runs through and scores. Then of course EA just kill me, none of my players can pass it 2 yards and he scores twice more with full celebrations, once with Loan Figo from basically the end line. Once he goes 4-3 he uses all three pauses. It comes back my players seem to remember how to play, get back to 4-4. Then in the 93rd minute KDB shoots, keeper nowhere near it, his defender somehow blocks it off the line, bounces back to De Bruyne who smashes it home on the volley. IT. FELT. GOOD.

Oh that situation def called for it, it’s one of the best feelings in fifa when you put a pr!ck back in his little box!!

I’d like to think I’m a very fair and ethical player but I have done similar when provoked :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

It was great just to read that!

I had one guy last night looking for the win as he was doing icon swaps and was 1 away.
    I said I was doing objectives too.
    He equalised and quit. Said if he couldn’t get the win neither could I. As it turned out I just needed a goal for the objective lol

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

I had one guy last night looking for the win as he was doing icon swaps and was 1 away.

Too many people have said the same thing to me I don't think they were actually 1 win away. I would say they send it every time even when they don't have a single win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

cintec wrote: »
    Too many people have said the same thing to me I don't think they were actually 1 win away. I would say they send it every time even when they don't have a single win.

I gave it to one guy, he said he will name his first kid after me if I let him win. Made me laugh so got it.

Incidentally it was also his last lol...

I feel scammed now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

cintec wrote: »

100% agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Thiago and Mitrovic were my red picks from Gold 3 so pretty decent. I have 89 Coutinho as a red pick also so Thiago will link nicely to him.

Finished Gold 2 and got 93 Thiago as my first pick and a choice between 89 Dembele and 93 Godin in the second.

Went with Dembele as I have enough sbc fodder and he helped me get the last two wins I needed for dalglish.

From watching a bit of rewards openings on twitch this morning it seems nigh impossible to get a red zaha or gomez.

Not sure if I want to sell my TOTY Trent now after all. I could get 900k post tax but will that get me a better tots Liverpool midfielder ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Do we know what league is coming next week for TOTS? Tossing up weekend league or Shogun Total War 2 for the weekend...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement