Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

wonski wrote: »
    That team just screams for Alisson in the goal. Tots or toty.

Alison is muck though isn’t he?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Blazer wrote: »

Anyone that isn’t Ter Stegen is awful for me anyway :pac:

Somehow I’m 5-0 in WL atm... I should probably continue on as I know tomorrow I’ll come crashing down. Taarabt and Dalglish doing the business with Lozano and Kent chipping in too. Also decided I’m keeping TOTS Pique, unreal partnership with him and moments Ramos.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

As muck as the gea, can't think how bad they are at 7 chemistry.

Anyone that isn’t Ter Stegen is awful for me anyway :pac:

Somehow I’m 5-0 in WL atm... I should probably continue on as I know tomorrow I’ll come crashing down. Taarabt and Dalglish doing the business with Lozano and Kent chipping in too. Also decided I’m keeping TOTS Pique, unreal partnership with him and moments Ramos.
    Ter Stegen, Van der Sar.

The rest are just muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,751 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Squad Battles can go fcuk itself forever now.

wR8s8sC.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lads don’t forget we should get tots player added to prem league sbc this week.

I got Norwich and sheff utd done now cos if the player added is really good some of those players will go instinct or sell for max.

Grab a dean Henderson now too or you’ll be screwed, he’s out of packs for the next week so will go high, he can be got still for about 2.7k

I think enda Stevens will be the player added for this.
    Bruno Fernandes should also get an sbc, he had a great season, just unfortunately for him it was in 2 different leagues.

What can I say

QqY8cIL.png
    9cKvvJe.png

What can I say

QqY8cIL.png
    9cKvvJe.png

Wow!! That’s absolutely tragic for a pack worth about €22!!

I’ll be getting my 125k pack from wl wins tomorrow, hope it goes better than that.

Fingers crossed you get elite again this weekend as the prem tots packs could be worth a fortune to you.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed you get elite again this weekend as the prem tots packs could be worth a fortune to you.

Hopeful but can't see it this week, people gonna be playing a lot harder for Prem TOTS than they were last week, also even just playing 30 games in a weekend is just way too many. That was only my second Elite finish of the year but also probably only my 5th weekend where I actually played 25+ games.

Hopeful but can't see it this week, people gonna be playing a lot harder for Prem TOTS than they were last week, also even just playing 30 games in a weekend is just way too many. That was only my second Elite finish of the year but also probably only my 5th weekend where I actually played 25+ games.

Yeah it’s tough to keep playing week in week out. Especially at the level you’re playing at, the focus you’d need etc.
    How did you get so good anyway? Have you been playing fifa years or watch a lot of fifa tutorials or what?
    Your gameplay in the clips, especially with the Irish players looks class.

It’s something I’d like to be better at, sometimes I’ll watch the YouTube videos, practice them, then go to try them in rivals or wl and get torn apart so just revert back to my passing, no skill moves build up which is fine to get me to 14 or 17 but really leaves me wanting v the better players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

WL is so hard this week after going 10 losses in a row after getting gold 3 last week

Pack Rashford from my premierleague booster pack I saved

Hit the post 4 times with him last match and of course loss to a 93 min goal

wonski wrote: »
    As muck as the gea, can't think how bad they are at 7 chemistry.

But if i did de gea’s sbc it would be basically 9 chem with the +2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got feck all from my 30 saved packs.

Up to a million coins and my tradepile full of the 85 left backs and was wondering whether to get Henderson and another tots or get Gomez by himself and then I noticed that Gomez is up 500k since Thursday :o

Didn't buy any players yet as I'm hoping between the guaranteed sbc and wl rewards I'll be able to get at least one Liverpool player.

Decided to play one more match of wl last night and lost 1-0 after he walked into both my center backs and just continued on :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Ya Alisson isnt great to be fair. I don't know what I was expecting really. Maybe I'm just really ****e today. But I'm finding him worse than my red lloris.

I also had to change my back line to accommodate him. I had Fut birthday Hernandez and gold varane in front of lloris.

I've Flashback miranda and 85 ferdinand in front of Alisson.

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Ya Alisson isnt great to be fair. I don't know what I was expecting really. Maybe I'm just really ****e today. But I'm finding him worse than my red lloris.

I also had to change my back line to accommodate him. I had Fut birthday Hernandez and gold varane in front of lloris.

I've Flashback miranda and 85 ferdinand in front of Alisson.

I just know he’ll be my red pick next week.
    How did GavK get on last night ? I missed the stream.

Best pull from 125k pack for 300 wl wins

A gk worth 6.5k

I swear these packs are weighted different, I never got anything from any of those milestone one.

70597013-A68-E-4-EF1-AD3-F-2875-F8-C3-E862.jpg

10-10 in weekend league as I call it a day.

Was 6-9 so good to win 4 of last 5 but leaves me most likely as 14 being my target rather than 17.

I lost 5 today and genuinely feel hard done by on every one of them, felt like I was starting nearly every game on a -2.
    Anyway, I know if I had’ve won them the last 5 would’ve been a lot tougher so swings and roundabouts.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Yeah it’s tough to keep playing week in week out. Especially at the level you’re playing at, the focus you’d need etc.
    How did you get so good anyway? Have you been playing fifa years or watch a lot of fifa tutorials or what?
    Your gameplay in the clips, especially with the Irish players looks class.

It’s something I’d like to be better at, sometimes I’ll watch the YouTube videos, practice them, then go to try them in rivals or wl and get torn apart so just revert back to my passing, no skill moves build up which is fine to get me to 14 or 17 but really leaves me wanting v the better players.

I really don't think I'm that good :p I didn't play much WL in 17, mostly got Gold 3 with the occasional Gold 2 in 18, didn't buy 19, and then something just clicked this year I guess. A lot of it is definitely just having a really good team and I have some extremely dumb pack luck. I don't watch YT videos or anything but I did learn a new trick I never knew about last week that basically got me Elite in its own:

R1 + double tap the cross button, with the first tab being held longer for power:

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

I must have scored 10+ goals like that last weekend, those two clips are the equaliser and the winner for my 23rd win.

Anyway I'm 10-4 right now and having an awful time, people are clearly motivated by the idea of PL red picks and everyone is playing like a príck, I've had so many games where my opponent has 60% possession and like one shot on target, just spending the whole game doing dragbacks in the middle of the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Lost my first game of the day to a 5atb (1-0)... drop back, 1 depth etc etc. Was so boring to play against. No matter what I did, there was no space at all. If I had space, a defender would come out of nowhere and intercept or block my **** and then he’d counter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Why is every player I come up against an Elite player? Getting hammered in all my WL games after winning the first game.

• Advertisement

I really don't think I'm that good :p I didn't play much WL in 17, mostly got Gold 3 with the occasional Gold 2 in 18, didn't buy 19, and then something just clicked this year I guess. A lot of it is definitely just having a really good team and I have some extremely dumb pack luck. I don't watch YT videos or anything but I did learn a new trick I never knew about last week that basically got me Elite in its own:

R1 + double tap the cross button, with the first tab being held longer for power:

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

I must have scored 10+ goals like that last weekend, those two clips are the equaliser and the winner for my 23rd win.

Anyway I'm 10-4 right now and having an awful time, people are clearly motivated by the idea of PL red picks and everyone is playing like a príck, I've had so many games where my opponent has 60% possession and like one shot on target, just spending the whole game doing dragbacks in the middle of the pitch.

Haha you’re def good, you proved by your wl rank with Irish players it’s not just about your pack luck and having kdb etc, you can finish high with much weaker players.

I’m decent at trading and as a result have a really good team but struggle when I come up against better players.

Cheers for the crossing tip, def didn’t know that one and I often get in good positions on the wing and can be quite wasteful.
    I’ll try that one out.

8-5 at the moment.
    Haven’t lost a game since I got Kaka (4 games)so hopefully hit 11 tonight and 14/17 tomorrow although I’ll probably stop at 14 as 2 picks will do me fine.

Exactly. If you are good you are good. Us peasants need to rely on Zahas, Adamas and the likes.

There was a streamer from Poland I watched who reached Elite with silver players only just for fun. Some challenge.

Best players help, but those who can really play will get a results regardless.

Better team helps when you play similarly skilled player. If he's better than you only luck will help you.

Kaka stats and CR7 is far better on basic chem than engine. Huge difference with him.
    DDDA7-CA1-B68-D-4-BE5-95-C0-EBC58484-E1-DF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Blazer wrote:
    Kaka stats and CR7 is far better on basic chem than engine. Huge difference with him.

Ya I couldn't decide who to take with the swap tokens. Took kaka as I always liked him as a player. No one else appealed to me.

He's been unbelievable for me this weekend league. He replaced that 87 aouar card. There's no comparison between them. He's played 12 WL games for me so far 9 goals and 8 assists at cam. Delighted with that. Didn't have him for my first few games. I'm currently 10- 6.

Que me in a few hours coming back and telling you he's crap for me now and I've lost 4 on the trot ha ha

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Why is every player I come up against an Elite player? Getting hammered in all my WL games after winning the first game.

Prizes this week are the PL Totssf players, so all the top tier players and all of the ultra-sweaty teams are playing and playing hard.

7-11 myself now. Every game is a nightmare, and I’m feeling there’s a lot where my players are straight up refusing to close down players, even on high pressure. Not at all confident of going 7-5 tomorrow to get the 14 wins, so likely going for 11 and hoping I get lucky with my one pick.

Really don't think injuries should be a thing in FUT Champs, a competitive mode where the game can decide that 1 of your 11 players is just gonna stop working for 60 seconds, it's ridiculous.

For real though everyone should try that cross in the gifs I posted above, especially on counter attacks when you're trying to get it to someone at the back post it's ridiculously effective, opponents tend to give you plenty of space to do it too since normal crossing is terrible this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I just know he’ll be my red pick next week.
    How did GavK get on last night ? I missed the stream.

I beat Longford 4-0 in the first game. Lost the Leinster quarter final 2-1 to Laois. Laois beat Dublin 4-1 in the semi final and then beat Meath 3-1 in the final.

• Advertisement

GavK wrote: »
    I beat Longford 4-0 in the first game. Lost the Leinster quarter final 2-1 to Laois. Laois beat Dublin 4-1 in the semi final and then beat Meath 3-1 in the final.

Sweet, always good to see Dublin lose in anything :)
    Hopefully ye raised a nice bit more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement