Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

9-3 at the moment... not bad going. Dalglish on fire as usual, Taarabt has slowed down a bit but still getting assists. Starting to come up against the quality players... just got beat by a fella that had 60% possession all game. Base Eusebio and Cannavaro at the back were very solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Nope, BUT that doesn’t mean 11 and 14 wins can’t get them either. Still well capable of getting them at those wins.

We will see on Thursday.

Capable is not good choice of word :)

Forgot to add actually: whoever linked the video the other day of “inside the mind of a pro fifa player”, or something along those lines, thank you. Found the “hug the sideline” tactic from that video and it’s working wonder with Kent and Lozano. People playing so narrow and there’s so much space in behind. Just need to work on cutting inside and I’m golden.

9-5 now. Got a disconnect for some reason and it gave me the loss. Next game, finished a close game... 3-2. But his Adama scored from the kick-off after HT on his left. Lovely goal to be fair, but just could not get a touch of the ball once he kicked off.

Leaving the rest of the games for tomorrow... hopefully the 14 shouldn’t be too troubling.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Forgot to add actually: whoever linked the video the other day of “inside the mind of a pro fifa player”, or something along those lines, thank you. Found the “hug the sideline” tactic from that video and it’s working wonder with Kent and Lozano. People playing so narrow and there’s so much space in behind. Just need to work on cutting inside and I’m golden.

You’re welcome :)
    I found the defending brilliant in it. I was desperate for always lunging into tackles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Blazer wrote: »
    You’re welcome :)
    I found the defending brilliant in it. I was desperate for always lunging into tackles.

Must give it a watch then, I still slide tackle like a madman lol

Liamalone wrote: »
    Must give it a watch then, I still slide tackle like a madman lol

It feels strange at first not tackling but give it a few games.
    My first few games I was losing but once I got used to it that stopped really,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Yeah I was woeful at defending, still not great but that’s improved. Like you said, seems a bit alien to just run into attackers but it works!

Glad they nailed a realistic soccer game, where attackers do drag back after drag back and defenders just blindly run into you :D

Starting into last 10 games now at 10-10, hopefully worst case I get the 4 for 14 wins or outside chance of 7 wins from 10 to get to 17

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Starting into last 10 games now at 10-10, hopefully worst case I get the 4 for 14 wins or outside chance of 7 wins from 10 to get to 17

4 wins from 6 today takes the pressure off somewhat, would need 3 wins from last 4 for 17. I’ll give it a shot, would say it’s a step too far with the tougher opponents I’ll play but least I have the 14 in the bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Hogey007 wrote:
    4 wins from 6 today takes the pressure off somewhat, would need 3 wins from last 4 for 17. I’ll give it a shot, would say it’s a step too far with the tougher opponents I’ll play but least I have the 14 in the bag.

Played 3 this morning and lost all 3 😂. Two of them deserved to win to be fair but the other was just so negative with their play.

So my 11-7 has quickly turned into 11-10 I think I'd be happy with the 14 at this point.

Yeah I always go for Gold 3 anyway.. usually never have the patience to go further. Barring the extra pick choice, Gold 3 packs seem a lot better than Gold 2 anyway... gives me more hope of a TOTS :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Just finished the 8 icon swaps online. 8 more squad battle games to do and it's prime icon pack time.

Hogey007 wrote: »

I posted the other day that if you’re 2 up and dominating the opponent but can’t get the 3rd by half time just quit.

Never was it more obvious than in those last 4 games.

Lost game 27 so now need 3 from last 3.

Game 28, he’s 2 up and tossing me around like a rag doll but can’t get a 3rd. I’m slouched back barely playing thinking “nice, don’t have to play last 2 games now so I’ll have my fry up, wonder do we have rashers, I’d like some rashers with me sausages and eggs”
    Yer man is still peppering my post and I manage to pull one back. Then 2-2. He’s still bossing me but can’t score, I get a break away and it honestly feels like my players are invincible, his tackles have no impact, 3-2, I very undeservedly win.

Win game 29.

Then game 30. For the 17 and guaranteed prem picks, I’m 2 up and you guessed it, the exact opposite of the above happens, can not get the 3rd, Neymar finesses off the post, Ben yedder hits the post.
    He gets level with his only attacks of the game. Extra time, I must have 8 shots on target, score, nope offside. He breaks away in injury time, I crease him out of, has no impact, he rides that tackle and 3 subsequent others to score.

Such bull! I was grand losing game 28, woulda been happy with my 14, but it gave me a completely undeserved win and then robs me with the last kick off the weekend league.

Only consolation is, I do feel I played some great fifa over the course of the weekend, feel hard done by not to get 17 but there you go.

Oh and osmosis, that cross worked a charm, won me that game 29 and got a couple of other goals from it too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

A mixture of the four TOTS cards being added to my team, and playing like a pace whoring asshole means I’ve gone from 7-11 to 12-12 today. 2 wins from 6 should be well doable to maintain my 14 win average.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Went from 5-0 to 10-5 to 12-8. I'm 1-2 today.

First game was against a guy who would stand still with his strong players for a couple of seconds and inevitably my ai would get sucked in like eijits and leave gaps. Took me to penalties and only won because he put two wide.

Second game 1-1, 90th minute I chip his keeper, it hits the bar and I have the rebound all alone: PIM Litmanen heads it out of the stadium :mad: I lose in extra time after an auto-lunge on the half way line puts him clear on goal.

Third game, 1-1 in the 90th, I put 90 Werner clean through and he hits it wide with no defender within 10 yards. In extra time he scores 3 goals by running it to the line and normal passing it to his attacker who would always be stood slightly in front of my CB giving him enough time to shoot.

The third match ended with me having 65% possession and using my full backs to stretch the game but that just played into his counter attacking even more.

Yeah, didn't really work for me, red card count went down though lol. Started this morning 4-3 then tried the video advice, lost 4 on the bounce so I reverted to type.

11-10 now, 14 will probably do me, don't want to do a Hogey lol.

Hogey, was the fry any good? I had a mini fry this morning after work. Wee cocktail sausages, bacon, egg and beans with fresh bread. Twas the job! A pot of tay too :)

Yeah, didn't really work for me, red card count went down though lol. Started this morning 4-3 then tried the video advice, lost 4 on the bounce so I reverted to type.

Hogey, was the fry any good? I had a mini fry this morning after work. Wee cocktail sausages, bacon, egg and beans with fresh bread. Twas the job! A pot of tay too :)

Haha fry was bliss man, made me forget all about my fifa nightmare ending!

Ah yeah, you gotta have the beans too! Only thing is, I have a hoor of a thirst now with the nice weather :D

Yeah I meant to tell you not to do this during WL.
    There’s a 4 or 5 game learning curve for it so best to learn it mid week during rivals.
    I did the same as you and I got hammered a few games on the trot as well and reverted to type for the rest of WL.
    Now I have it down to a t.

Is there any point playing extra time after conceding an equaliser in stoppage time? Just lost another one after conceding in injury time, I'd near wager that I've never won one after doing so.

• Advertisement

Got the last 3 wins I needed with goal and assist with minimum 4 star wf prem player for Jimenez objective.

I find these are much easier do at the weekend, I’m still down in div 6 and all those elite players hovering in div 6 for easy objectives are busy with wl now. So you’re actually playing players that should be there.

Still need 3 finesse goals with liga nos players but they don’t require wins so will be easy get, taking a day or 2 break from actually playing fifa now.

Much needed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Was aiming at 17... Didn't go well for me. 11-14.

Shiuld have left more games for tonight. 14 still possible.

I either destroy opponent 6-1 or they destroy me in similar fashion... Very few close games, no penalties shootouts all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Managed to win my next two.

The first the guy quit when I was 1 up after he made a perfect tackle and the game gave him a red card and me a penalty. Can't blame him.

Second game was against ultra sweat 4-2-3-1 1 depth that I managed to win in extra time thanks to a hattrick from Dalglish that he ended with a diving header.

Need 3 from 8 to get gold 2 so should be able fall over the line.

14 wins with 5 games remaining.
    I should be able to knock 3 more wins out of it , if not I’ll just give them away.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

14-14

Considering I started the day on 7-11, and I was expecting to be down a level due to stronger players playing this weekend, I’m thrilled with that outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,751 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

17-7, just need to go 3-3 for Gold 1, no chance of winning all 6 for Elite.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

6-6 struggling all weekend with this team 3-5-2

WL.jpg

Switched up to my Prem team 4-1-2-1-2-(2) and am now 10-6, I may get to 14, dare I say push for 17...

Prem.jpg

I think this year it doesn’t matter what team you have unless it’s seriously elite.
    Compared to last year when I was consistently hitting gold 1 when i played all 30 matches to this year barely getting 14-17 wins out of 30 matches.
    Going from the team I had at the start to now seems to make no difference whatsoever,
    Thank Christ for kaka this weekend though, he made all the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Finished 14-14. Today's record of 3 - 7 was shocking. Bad bad day of fifa for me. Aw well cant wait to get me some Dawry Jameel totssf players ha.

• Advertisement

Alonso SBc up.
    There’s 2 SBCs for two different cards of him,
    One is an 85 rated squad for his 88 card and the other is two squads for his 90 card.
    His 90 card has 88 pace compared to his 80 for his 88 card.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement