Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,751 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

This is the strangest thing they've done in a while, why have 2 different Flashbacks for the same player, and to the same season? I'd understand this if it was a player who warranted 2 different FBs to 2 different periods of his career, like 2 Mascheranos where one is a CDM and the other a CB, but this makes no sense to me.

Why not just release the 90 rated FB Alonso and then give an 88 rated card to someone else instead of giving 2 cards to the same player?

Why not make the lower rated version an objective card?

Why not give the Premium version something to actually make it feel premium more than just a stat boost, like better SM/WF, or at least the feckin "Premium SBC" card design they've literally used twice all year (Villa and Schweinsteiger.)

This is so weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

They’re obviously trying out some new ideas and seeing how it goes.
    I wouldn’t mind it at all in fairness.
    The premium has no expiry date so you could do the base one first and later on use that for the premium sbc.
    Obviously the Alonzo one is a bit late but let’s take Bernardo Silva for instance?
    For Fifa 21 his 91 RW card costs around 400k let’s say.
    His premium version could be a CAM or higher stats/wf etc for say 600k.
    I think it’s a great idea going forward if that’s what EA plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I did the Alonso SBC straight away anyway, started playing a 5-2-1-2 this weekend and love it, Alonso fits in perfectly and is a significant upgrade on baby Roberto Carlos. From one of the packs in the SBC I saw a walkout.. blue flags (TOTS).. Algerian flag! I was like oh my god I've packed tradeable Mahrez. Ended up being that Algerian left winger from the Championship :o

Still a good pull all the same and i'm sure will come in handy if the guaranteed PL player requires a TOTS card. Will report back on Alonso at some stage!

I did the Alonso SBC straight away anyway, started playing a 5-2-1-2 this weekend and love it, Alonso fits in perfectly and is a significant upgrade on baby Roberto Carlos. From one of the packs in the SBC I saw a walkout.. blue flags (TOTS).. Algerian flag! I was like oh my god I've packed tradeable Mahrez. Ended up being that Algerian left winger from the Championship :o

Still a good pull all the same and i'm sure will come in handy if the guaranteed PL player requires a TOTS card. Will report back on Alonso at some stage!

Which one did you do ?

Blazer wrote: »
    Which one did you do ?

Premium version. Looks like a beast of a player. Have been a bit conservative with player SBCs this year but did him and De Gea today as I've a good few coins built up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Adored Alonso last year. His RTTF card held a nailed down spot all game for me. Tempted by that premium long term.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Adored Alonso last year. His RTTF card held a nailed down spot all game for me. Tempted by that premium long term.

Same but I just complete Sandro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I think the Alonso sbc is a great idea. Second one a little pricey but love the concept

I just don't see the point in the 88 Alonso, I get that he's more affordable but he's also only around for 2 days. It seems like it's a pretty small group of people who can't see themselves affording the 90 in the next couple of weeks (considering the 90 is around forever) but can afford the 88 right now. What's more likely is people who can't afford either right now but would be able to once WL rewards come out, unfortunately by the time that happens the 88 will already have expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

14 wins achieved with 3 games remaining i'm going to call it a day, I think that was only my 4th weekend league this year but it was the toughest one yet and so many players watching full replays and/or time wasting in the 60th minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

14-12 and pulling the pin at that me thinks, don't have the time until later but I'll be two sheets to the wind by that stage lol.

1 win from 2 will get me to 17 wins (gold2).
    What I do love since I started using those defending tips is the sheer amount of abuse I’m getting , everything from one depth **** to using a modded controller and cheats...I missed those times :)

I don't even want to imagine the emotions my opponent went through during this minute

giphy.gif

19-8 and my internet's crapped out so I'll get the final win later this evening.

The red picks are basically 2 guaranteed PL TOTS packs with potential for more than one option in each. Looking at the TOTS there's really only 6 players I wouldn't be too happy with:

OhILB0c.png

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Looking at the TOTS there's really only 6 players I wouldn't be too happy with:
    it's good you highlighted them in red, psychologically preparing yourself for Thursday. :)

Lost my last 2 so finished at 16-14.

Liamalone wrote: »
    14-12 and pulling the pin at that me thinks, don't have the time until later but I'll be two sheets to the wind by that stage lol.

Oh yeah, learn from my mistake, those extra games will break your heart :D

Ps. Thirst got the better of me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Finished 12/17.

Servers were a joke at times. Was winning a game 2-0 after 25mins against a poor enough player, got kicked out of the servers and was awarded a loss for my troubles. Went downhill after that, lost two more close games afterwards and never recovered. My last game was a lagfest as well but didn't seem to affect your man scoring four with Alan ****in Shearer.

Started poorly in fairness though, just one win in my first five, that proved costly in the end.

Taking a break for a few days, WL can leave you broken.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I've popped about 200 packs now that I had saved from grinding out the leagues SBCs including about 20 mega/mega rares and not one PL POTS :(

I've kept anything rated 84 and over and sold everything else. Made 500k doing that at least.

Tempted by that "premium" Alonso. Has anyone done him yet? Thoughts?

WL at 14-7 from being 6-6, 9 games left. Going to try get the 17 wins now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I've popped about 200 packs now that I had saved from grinding out the leagues SBCs including about 20 mega/mega rares and not one PL POTS :(

I've kept anything rated 84 and over and sold everything else. Made 500k doing that at least.

WL at 14-7 from being 6-6, 9 games left. Going to try get the 17 wins now.

I wouldn't bother going for 17, going by your pack luck you won't even get a TotS in your rewards :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Delighted to get gold 3 after been 2-10 on friday to finish on 14-14 with 6 wins in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Finally finished, 14-10. Went on a massive losing streak in the middle. A lot of ****e games in between where I just couldn’t score despite the number of chances I had. Hope this was all worth it come Thursday morning :pac:

jkelly85 wrote: »
    Delighted to get gold 3 after been 2-10 on friday to finish on 14-14 with 6 wins in a row

Congrats, great turnaround, hope you get a good red pick in your rewards Thursday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Congrats, great turnaround, hope you get a good red pick in your rewards Thursday :)

Cheers

Moved TOTS Rashford into CAM and he was so good

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Got gold 2 by the skin of my teeth, winning my last three games.
    Wasn't going to bother, lag was brutal all evening, but I said feck it I'll give it a lash.
    First game came up against someone with a Turkish league team with only base gold cards :pac:
    Won the last game despite going down to 10 men after 5 minutes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

wonski wrote: »
    Was aiming at 17... Didn't go well for me. 11-14.

Shiuld have left more games for tonight. 14 still possible.

I either destroy opponent 6-1 or they destroy me in similar fashion... Very few close games, no penalties shootouts all weekend.

Got to 14 with one game to spare so gave it away to some random guy... Hope good karma comes back one day.

Sundays are definitely easier (imo) , but as I normally work Sundays it's just easier for me to get most games done on Friday and Saturday.

Still disappointed with no guarantee of PL tots. Just bracing for that Van Dijk card now :)

Got the 14 wins with four games to spare, gave 4 opponents the wins once I reached 14 as I doubt I would have got to 17. Started off atrociously using my normal team and formation 4-2-3-1, changed yesterday then to a 5-2-1-2 and I'm absolutely loving it.

Got stuck in such a rut playing the game to the 'meta' and really started to dislike it, after changing to this formation I am playing a much more possession based game and not living in fear of getting destroyed by pace merchants. Haven't enjoyed a WL as much before.
    Mr Moon wrote: »

I got Alonso earlier today, really good so far. Have played 7 games with him and he has 2 goals and an assist for me already, 1 goal from play and 1 was a free kick. Only had the one free kick with him and he stuck it in, I've probably scored less than 10 frees all year so the fact he is one for one is a good sign.

Gets up and down the line easily and pace/stamina never an issue, very solid defensively and is physically strong and tall. I haven't even put a chem style on him yet as it's unclear so far where his weakness is. Granted he is playing as a wing back in my team so I think full backs become more noticeable but I have zero regrets anyway, a big upgrade on 86 Roberto Carlos.

Got to 17 :D

4 games to spare, tempted to see how I get on, I've never gotten Gold 1 before.

Finished 21-9. got to 20 and was gonna give the final win away but the guy I came up against was using a Ben Yedder/Neymar/Mbappe team so I just beat him instead :p

EDIT: I also played my final few games on 10 Depth just to see what it's like and while dangerous it's a lot of fun to just hound your opponent like that.

• Advertisement

Tip for anyone doing the CONMEBOL icon swap objectives. I know there was someone saying they weren't counting in here last week.

You can't have any of them on your bench. So remove any of them from your bench and you're good to go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement