Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

I really don’t want to do it but I want to do it even more now even though my pack luck has been pretty rotten!

I still have the PL booster and 5 gold rare PL packs to open so maybe start with them and see how it goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Tried 3 got nowt. Will do a few more though, it’s May. No point in keeping coins forever.

Oh and was using that leeds tots cb, absolutely class. I’d advise anyone who can link him in with English players to complete the efl sbc for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I’m waiting for Osmosis to get tots KDB to join his stable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,838 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Blazer wrote: »
    I’m waiting for Osmosis to get tots KDB to join his stable.

Thursday ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Splashed out on mid Eusebio just to try him out and by Christ his shooting is ridiculously op. If he even fell over the ball it would be a goal.
    5 goals from 2 games so far.
    First 20 mins of the the match I wasn’t that impressed with him and then suddenly he got the slightest hint at goals and buried the ball. 2 mins later another goal and the guy rage quit.
    Next game 3 goals.
    Might hang onto him but you know me and coins. I just keep trying new players.
    How much did you pay for him?? I really want to get him.
    Barlett wrote: »
    Anyone try flashback Boateng and Moments Goretzka? Was thinking of doing both this week, but don't want to be left with two subs if what comes next weekend is much better...I suppose I'm wondering are they end game quality?
    I have Boateng and he’s just superb. You won’t be disappointed with him. If you are running a Budesliga team and got the SBC for Zakaria they’re probably the best CB pairing I’ve used all season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,838 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Couple of highlights from Goretzka this weekend:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

wow :) can not believe it!!

EE5-B0088-A7-AD-4-F29-886-D-A3-A7124344-E6.jpg

Hogey007 wrote: »

Bloody nice.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    How much did you pay for him?? I really want to get him.

2.4 million.
    He’s basically like a laser pointer. Pull the trigger and it’s a goal.
    His mid is actually the cheapest of the 4 , his baby is a mil more for +2 and a few other things, but damn it doesn’t really make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

What is with the hate online for Alisson both his team of the year card and Team of the season card have some pretty bad reviews is he really that bad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Nice one Hogey!

Nice one Hogey!

Thanks man, I have you and osmosis to thank. Wasn’t going to bother with these but then when you got mahrez and osmosis got adama and someone else I thought “feck, I’ll try a few”

Would been delighted with even Henderson so to get the player I wanted most was great

cintec wrote: »
    What is with the hate online for Alisson both his team of the year card and Team of the season card have some pretty bad reviews is he really that bad?

He’s awful. Goalkeepers are ridiculously broken this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

He’s awful. Goalkeepers are ridiculously broken this year.

Think we discussed it here just few days ago.

I tried Alisson toty, Tots and had to rage quit him each time...

Base Van der Sar is even better, at least doesn't annnoy me as much :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Jesus, what pack was that?! Congrats. Unreal card I’d say.

Jesus, what pack was that?! Congrats. Unreal card I’d say.

Thanks man. It was the prem upgrade.
    Was 6th attempt.

Tried 6 more and only board was 85 Rodri.

Delighted with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Thanks man. It was the prem upgrade.
    Was 6th attempt.

Tried 6 more and only board was 85 Rodri.

Delighted with him.

That’s why we’re all getting sucked in :pac: I want to do more but I’m holding back on it... so expensive. Seen this fella earlier too ffs:

https://twitter.com/fifazoid/status/1257445511545700359?s=21

Edit: actually did a regular upgrade and for 2x PL players, so decided to do the prem upgrade. Lloris out of it, not bad. Will go into the TOTS guaranteed!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Stawp. I’ve no coins and no rare PL players. Don’t do this to me. :P

French league version will be interesting though. Less possible rare players means better chance at better players.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭505_

Yeah it’s very tempting. Although I’ve done two with my best result an 81. Might do one more but will stop there and get ready for the guaranteed sbc.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Stawp. I’ve no coins and no rare PL players. Don’t do this to me. :P

French league version will be interesting though. Less possible rare players means better chance at better players.

Oh big time, I’m just waiting to see what the criteria is for the other pl upgrade on Thursday.
    If it requires prem league rares again I’m going to buy so many ligue 1 rares.
    It’s rare that ligue 1 is probably going to be the most desired league during tots with mbappe, Neymar and Ben yedder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Oh big time, I’m just waiting to see what the criteria is for the other pl upgrade on Thursday.
    It’s rare that ligue 1 is probably going to be the most desired league during tots with mbappe, Neymar and Ben yedder.

Probably an 87. It was 86 last year but I think it will have to be higher.

Lique 1 is always great for tots because they have so few 81+.
    I remember fifa18 pack luck was something like 1 in 4 contained tots cards while every other league was 4 Or 5 times higher.

Oh yeah- 5gb patch out on Xbox.

Probably an 87. It was 86 last year but I think it will have to be higher.

Oh no, I mean the other upgrade packs we’ve been told that are coming on Thursday at 6.

It’s usually 11 prem players with 3 of them rare.
    If this requires 11 rare prem players then when it comes to the French league, ligue 1 rares will sell for about 3.5 or 4K.

But you are correct, the prem league tots sbc will also come Thursday and I’d agree with you, I think it’ll be an 87 team too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

130 packs opened on Friday. The only players in the team that I didn't wan't were GK Henderson and Kovacic. So of course the only one I packed was an untradeable Kovacic. Packed 4* EFL TOTSSF players as well. 86, 85 and 2* 83.

I also packed PIM Pirlo. Which sounds great. But he's actually terrible. 97 passing is pretty much his only decent feature. He's also untradeable and won't be getting near my team so good chance I will be doing something I never thought I would and putting a PIM players into an SBC.

I packed a UCL Higuain in my first pack, so hadn't seen a TOTSSF animation yet. So Blue Flares. ST. Argentina Flag. Nearly wet myself thinking it was Aguero.
    With these ratings I can't see how the guaranteed SBC will be any less than an 87+TOTS squad, which is going to lead to some incredibly expensive Dean Hendersons and Soyuncus.

Yeah I was hoping 86. But given the Community one was an 85 I can't see EA going with an 87/88. If it's an 87 I will prob do it at least once or twice. Were it to be an 86 though prob 4/5 times.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Done 3 of the packs and got David Silva and Wijnaldum. Think I'll stop there and sell the rest of the gold rares before I go down a rabbit hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Did one of the 4 rare PL packs, and was begrudging having to buy 5 rares at 2.5k each... :cool:

Just playing a casual game of rivals there, just trying out some new players.

He’s trying to get Brazil objectives done. Drawing 3-3 on 60 mins when he gets a soft penalty, right as he’s about to take it, disconnect!

I’m thinking “why the feck did he quit when he got a penalty?”
    Then it boots me out to main menu, it was my disconnect not his!! another loss of connection from virgin media!! Of all the times for it to go, genuinely feel bad for him and of course he’ll think I plugged out the network cable on purpose!

Just playing a casual game of rivals there, just trying out some new players.

He’s trying to get Brazil objectives done. Drawing 3-3 on 60 mins when he gets a soft penalty, right as he’s about to take it, disconnect!

I’m thinking “why the feck did he quit when he got a penalty?”
    Then it boots me out to main menu, it was my disconnect not his!! another loss of connection from virgin media!! Of all the times for it to go, genuinely feel bad for him and of course he’ll think I plugged out the network cable on purpose!

I’ve gotten 2 disconnects as well. Once right as Eusebio blasted in a goal following an assist from Hulk who had already scored.
    Next game 20 mins later Hulk scores and immediate disconnect.
    I’m extremely suspicious as I’m not on virgin media at all.

I’ve gotten 2 disconnects as well. Once right as Eusebio blasted in a goal following an assist from Hulk who had already scored.
    Next game 20 mins later Hulk scores and immediate disconnect.
    I’m extremely suspicious as I’m not on virgin media at all.

Yeah I’m thinking it might be to do with the new patch rather than my broadband because I got another disconnect at 1-1 20 mins in, they were attacking and no reason to disconnect.

Disconnect was on their side this time, not mine.

• Advertisement

I’m tempted to get Aguero.
    I know Eusebio is awesome but I don’t feel anything for him.
    Aguero on the other hand I’ve been playing with him in Fifa since his Athelico days.
    That bloody 5% tax though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement