Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Maguire out as the PL latest SBC player pick. His pace isn't enough to make him a starter in my squad but he goes nicely into my past and present Utd squad.

Championship player pick White is way better by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

I really don't think I'm that good :p I didn't play much WL in 17, mostly got Gold 3 with the occasional Gold 2 in 18, didn't buy 19, and then something just clicked this year I guess. A lot of it is definitely just having a really good team and I have some extremely dumb pack luck. I don't watch YT videos or anything but I did learn a new trick I never knew about last week that basically got me Elite in its own:

R1 + double tap the cross button, with the first tab being held longer for power:

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

I must have scored 10+ goals like that last weekend, those two clips are the equaliser and the winner for my 23rd win.

Anyway I'm 10-4 right now and having an awful time, people are clearly motivated by the idea of PL red picks and everyone is playing like a príck, I've had so many games where my opponent has 60% possession and like one shot on target, just spending the whole game doing dragbacks in the middle of the pitch.

I use this cross a lot just wondering what your settings are for crossing? Assisted, Semi or manual?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Maguire out as the PL latest SBC player pick. His pace isn't enough to make him a starter in my squad but he goes nicely into my past and present Utd squad.

Don’t care :D thrilled to get another United TOTS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Don’t know about anyone else, but I haven’t played a single game of FIFA since finishing WL. Feel like the sweat has got to me and I need a week of de-sanitisation :pac: only load up the web app to open bronze packs/do some daily SBC and that’s about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Don’t know about anyone else, but I haven’t played a single game of FIFA since finishing WL. Feel like the sweat has got to me and I need a week of de-sanitisation :pac: only load up the web app to open bronze packs/do some daily SBC and that’s about it

I played a little earlier, deliberately ignored objectives. Was nice to just play and not worry too much about the results.

Apparently it’s la liga this week. Is MATS expected to get in?

• Advertisement

Actually never mind, he’ll get in whether he should or not :)

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I played a little earlier, deliberately ignored objectives. Was nice to just play and not worry too much about the results.

Apparently it’s la liga this week. Is MATS expected to get in?

Heard that as well. Not gonna play WL anyway til the ultimate TOTS, but be interesting to see who gets in. Hopefully an Odegaard to upgrade on my FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

La Liga this weekend? Please no. I run a La Liga team and would have to play WL. I don't want to :(

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Blazer wrote: »
    I’m tempted to get Aguero.
    I know Eusebio is awesome but I don’t feel anything for him.
    Aguero on the other hand I’ve been playing with him in Fifa since his Athelico days.
    That bloody 5% tax though.

Havnt used aguero this year loved him last year especially the chant when he scores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

seamie78 wrote: »
    Havnt used aguero this year loved him last year especially the chant when he scores

Yeah I love that too :)
    I’m hoping I get him for a red pick but I’m betting that since I just did Ndidi I’ll get Henderson now lol.

• Advertisement

Yeah I love that too :)
    I’m hoping I get him for a red pick but I’m betting that since I just did Ndidi I’ll get Henderson now lol.

You’ll be getting Henderson alright, we all are, but not jordan.

Dean Henderson will be a very disliked man tomorrow morning

Ndidi is a very nice player. High defensive but lovely long shots and he’s a player who hangs just outside the box corners.
    If I don’t get Aguero in one of my red picks gonna just buy him and swap for Eusebio.
    The guy who I often links a few videos for tips did another one about making space for yourself etc and has made a difference to my game. I used to basically drive everything through the middle for 4231 but now getting better use out of the LAM/RAM players.
    It’s just the simple stuff like ball rolls etc to make space but sometimes you forget those little things with all the skill moves and drag backs etc,
    I’ll link it later on if people want,

Best to save your picks until you've done the guaranteed SBC. No one wants to get two untradeable Hendersons.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Anyone wanna have a laugh at my pack luck with icons.

Did the last icon swap pack and got rui costa. Decided I'd chance it this time round for the prime icon.

England, striker..... Alan shearer. Gutted.

Had loads of untradables in the club. Said sure il chance the mid icon pack. It can't be worse that what I've got already.

I was wrong....

Got giggs... Think that's enough icon packs for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Packed PIM Trezeguet this morning from the premier league sbc that was released yesterday requiring 9 different nationalities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I had them all done but one ready to go. Pretty Gutted it's Maguire as he looks fairly unuseable. He'll go straight into the Guaranteed Prem SBC most likely.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I had them all done but one ready to go. Pretty Gutted it's Maguire as he looks fairly unuseable. He'll go straight into the Guaranteed Prem SBC most likely.

So...why is he unuseable? Genuine question here. Taking off the United goggles for a bit, he's a 97 rated CB with a shadow on him.

Is it entirely his pace? With the aforementioned Shadow, he's got 85 acceleration, 89 sprint speed. 98 overall defending, 99 short and long passing with 87 vision. Near perfect physical stats.

Low stamina, but if you're playing to his strengths (namely, not having a massively high line), that shouldn't be an issue. If people are pushing ultra high, against counter attacking teams, I can see the issue, but I'd say 90% of defenders will struggle with that.

I'm bringing in him and White. Maguire's stats look to beat my Baby Rio pretty easily.

What is it that makes him "unuseable"?

would Maguire be better than regular van djik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So...why is he unuseable? Genuine question here. Taking off the United goggles for a bit, he's a 97 rated CB with a shadow on him.

Is it entirely his pace? With the aforementioned Shadow, he's got 85 acceleration, 89 sprint speed. 98 overall defending, 99 short and long passing with 87 vision. Near perfect physical stats.

Low stamina, but if you're playing to his strengths (namely, not having a massively high line), that shouldn't be an issue. If people are pushing ultra high, against counter attacking teams, I can see the issue, but I'd say 90% of defenders will struggle with that.

I'm bringing in him and White. Maguire's stats look to beat my Baby Rio pretty easily.

I was tossing up between Maguire or Alonso (7chem) for CB,Maguire looked great to me with Shadow on but I went Alonso just to have a chelsea player in the lineup and because I had all the fodder I needed already.

I also tend to drop a DM in between my CBs which will push Alonso and Boatang a bit wider, which they're both more than capable of too (and probably the only place where Alonso might be noticably better than Maguire).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Unuseable probably too strong a word. The pace is one thing but he has poor Agility & Balance as well. Same reason I did that Laporte Moments card but won't be using him. Pretty much all attacker cards you are coming up aainst at this stage of the game will be in the high 90s for pace and given the love for drag back & skill moves probably high Agility & Balance as well. I find having defenders with low scores in these categories makes it pretty tough. More important for full backs, it's why I've given up on that Fuchs, but still important imo.

Same with that Raul Jimenez card, I got him and was hoping to put him in my team, tried him out a good bit, but he turns like a bus, even with an Engine on him.

• Advertisement

Best to save your picks until you've done the guaranteed SBC. No one wants to get two untradeable Hendersons.

Not open my red picks till after 6pm :).
    9am on the dot I’m like an alcoholic waiting for the pubs to open.

Not open my red picks till after 6pm :).
    9am on the dot I’m like an alcoholic waiting for the pubs to open.

Same, seeing them there sitting in the menus tempts me too much. Might be better off just not turning on my console or app and focus on my work instead :pac:

The codes are in for saudi and prem tots sbc.
    I’d expect saudi today and prem tomorrow.

The saudi tots is so trash it really should be an 82 squad, I might do it if it’s 83, not a chance if it’s 84 or higher.

Frisbee wrote: »

seamie78 wrote: »
    would Maguire be better than regular van djik
    I haven't used Van Dyke so not sure if he's better.

I put a shadow on him, and he's staying in my team. He's a beast!!

Yeah, he's a little slower than others, but I've FB Luiz beside him (for now) who has the pace to catch any attacker. If you get players camped on your 18 yard line he's the brick wall for the job.

I'm stocked up on defenders in my club from SBC's

Have Boateng, Sergio Ramos, Zakaria, Laporte, Fuchs, Bellerin, MBabu, baby and mid Ferdinand and Alonso. I even done the Thiago Silva POTM from way back when.

This is my first owner Utd squad (Best is that loan we got for Paddys day), wouldn't mind getting LM TOTS Rashford on Thursday need another midfielder though, Blanc would fit in there nicely.

United.jpg

well sold van djik as only had 2 prem teams to complete so Maguire in for a cost of 40k and van djik out freeing up 260k in coins so happy enough

This is my first owner Utd squad (Best is that loan we got for Paddys day), wouldn't mind getting LM TOTS Rashford on Thursday need another midfielder though, Blanc would fit in there nicely.

United.jpg

Actually I could get winter Bruno and future stars Greenwood, has anyone used them?

I wish I done Bruno's POTM.

Greenwood was one of my favorite strikers this year. Great mix of strength and speed. If I wasn’t using TOTS Rash, I’d have bought him back.
    Actually I could get winter Bruno and future stars Greenwood, has anyone used them?

I wish I done Bruno's POTM.

Amazed we didn’t get a bruno sbc as part of prem tots.
    He’s someone who actually deserves one for performances is just unfortunate to have it split in 2 leagues.
    They must be saving something for futties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Can you get TOTSSF players from the FUT Champs premium upgrade pack?
    I've finished with the icon swaps so I've a load of red cards I could throw into it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement