Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Have you tried setting your tactics to "Width 1; Depth 1"?

All the cool kids are doing it :pac:

Oh and I also meant to ask how you were finding wan bissaka? His otw is nearly the same price as his base now and he hadn’t travelled with the squad for tomorrow so will probably drop another bit when squad is announced.
    Might pick his otw up.

According to futspy on twitter they won’t be doing league sbc’s this year.
    Awful decision if true, along with no icon sbc’s it’s just becoming more and more about buying fifa points.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Haller nearly worked out, will sell a few and hold on to a couple.

Up to around 5.7 mil on transfer profit now so going strong for this early on. Have a good bit in my trade pile aswel.

If I could sort out my shít defending now I'd be doing well :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Oh and I also meant to ask how you were finding wan bissaka? His otw is nearly the same price as his base now and he hadn’t travelled with the squad for tomorrow so will probably drop another bit when squad is announced.
    Might pick his otw up.

I like him.

I like my full backs to be army tanks, basically. Big, powerful guys capable of winning fights, while also bombing up and down the wing. He fits the mould well, better than any other I've found so far for either side. His passing isn't amazing, but he's one of the few players I've found so far that I'll be trying to work into most of my teams. A few IFs and he'll be brilliant.

I paid 58k for him, he's down to 28k now, but I honestly don't mind cause I couldnt see myself selling him any time soon.
    According to futspy on twitter they won’t be doing league sbc’s this year.
    Awful decision if true, along with no icon sbc’s it’s just becoming more and more about buying fifa points.

Ugh. My main frustration there then is I've no clue what I'm going to bother doing with all my untradeables. I loved working through Icon and League SBCs, and it gave all the cards I'd never use a purpose.

Seems like they really want to stop people investing this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I absolutely believe they've realised that more SBCs = less FIFA Points spending and so are starting to tone them down.

EDIT: Also they still haven't said anything about the UCL cards that were accidentally released a few days ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Redzer7 wrote:
    Up to around 5.7 mil on transfer profit now so going strong for this early on. Have a good bit in my trade pile aswel.

How is this possible after a week and a bit. You must have had crazy pack luck.

I've traded all day today and I've made about 70k profit. It's slow going. Not sure how you make so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

I’ve realised that I’m an idiot. My long losing streak and being hammered by a few wasn’t just down to bad defending but down to me subbing players while using the fitness glitch. Apparently it’s a no no.

I’ve also spotted using the jockey as mush as I was which has helped a bit. The jockey worked great at the start but I’m struggling with it now.

RossieMan wrote: »
    How is this possible after a week and a bit. You must have had crazy pack luck.

I've traded all day today and I've made about 70k profit. It's slow going. Not sure how you make so much.

Got Vieira which made me quite a bit but I'd say I pulled In over 300k today alone with players waiting there to sell when the time is right, finding it easier this year, had over 18 mil profit last year but don't think I'll get close to that this year because I play it for a few months and then just stop Haha.

I will add it's much easier on Playstation too as opposed to the other two consoles.

Redzer7 wrote:
    Got Vieira which made me quite a bit but I'd say I pulled In over 300k today alone with players waiting there to sell when the time is right, finding it easier this year, had over 18 mil profit last year but don't think I'll get close to that this year because I play it for a few months and then just stop Haha.

That's a serious return for 1 day.
    My trading has been buying players on bid and selling on. Sniping just doesn't exist on pc.

I'm focusing on about 6 players, all from the championship as part of the English part of the national pride sbc. It's been very profitable, but would be interested to hear how others are making coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I was so close to pulling the trigger on getting a PS4 or Xbox and fifa20.
    But everything I'm reading in here at the moment is putting me off it.
    Will try and hold out for xmas and see how the game is then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Blazer wrote: »
    I was so close to pulling the trigger on getting a PS4 or Xbox and fifa20.
    But everything I'm reading in here at the moment is putting me off it.
    Will try and hold out for xmas and see how the game is then.

Most are actually enjoying the gameplay now tbh.

wonski wrote: »

I'm happy enough with the gameplay, could use some improvements but it's not bad, but it's the other stuff like replacing SBCs with gameplay objectives that's bothering me.

Just thinking about it now, they've introduced Icon Swaps where each batch is 3 months long, while removing regular monthly Fut Swaps, Icon SBCs, and League SBCs.

All I'm hoping for is that the 85 rated players you can earn through Season Objectives will at least be more than just standard 85 rated players. They're called Storyline Cards so I'm hoping that means you can complete challenges to upgrade them or something.

Got Ben Yedder at 41k, as good as he is I've sold him on there for 63k as he'll be out of OTW packs soon so I'll cash in while I can, will probably buy him back when he drops.

Anyone know how to stop your RF starting at the corner flag on the left side when you start a match? :pac:

2 games now Salah has stayed at the corner flag for the first 10 minutes of the match is this a windup? :pac:

Got to 11 in an absolute sh!t show of a weekend league from me! 3 games left and I’ll try later for 14 but the way I’m playing I can’t see myself winning 3 in a row.

Improved very marginally at manual defending but still getting torn apart by better players.

I know the first wl was always going to be a bit tougher because while div 1-4 players would all have racked up the qualifying points, the lower divisions would’ve really had to grind (like me) to qualify. Next weekend will see more people at my level but still have a lot to work on!

Hogey007 wrote:
    Got to 11 in an absolute sh!t show of a weekend league from me! 3 games left and I’ll try later for 14 but the way I’m playing I can’t see myself winning 3 in a row.

Got to 14 and stopped myself. The game is a mess, it's better than last year but some of the things happening is crazy.

Went from 10-0 to 14-6 so stopped. Just not worth it gameplay wise.

Mitrovic is now 10k on pc, I was trading with him all week buying for 2k and selling for 3.5k. Market is impossible to predict.

Was 7-17, switched to a 4-2-4 with pacy wingers, put the tactics at default.

Managed to go on win streak to finish 11-17. Happy enough given the awful start I had, and I went into today thinking getting 8 wins would be an achievement.

Hmm, were prizes for 11 wins always so awful?

1x 81+ two player pack
    1 Mega pack
    20k and a player pick.

That two player pack feels a lot worse than what used to be on offer...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hmm, were prizes for 11 wins always so awful?

1x 81+ two player pack
    1 Mega pack
    20k and a player pick.

That two player pack feels a lot worse than what used to be on offer...

No they’ve lessened that too, you also used to get 2000 qualification points for 11 wins, now it’s only 1500, I know 500 isn’t massive to make up in rivals but just another little thing taken away from users.

• Advertisement

No they’ve lessened that too, you also used to get 2000 qualification points for 11 wins, now it’s only 1500, I know 500 isn’t massive to make up in rivals but just another little thing taken away from users.

Ugh, hadn't even noticed that. Used to be if I got the 11, at least I could ignore it for the week if I needed to.

So basically, 10 or so wins needed during the week (since I get about 50 for a win currently). Though probably another 150 points or so gotten naturally through rivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

v3ttel wrote: »
    Does anyone else constantly lose connection to the EA server when doing something in the menu?

Yes,everytime i go to do anything in the menus i can be guranteed to get kicked at least once,i can spend hours on any other game and dont get kicked or lose connections

RossieMan wrote: »
    Got to 14 and stopped myself. The game is a mess, it's better than last year but some of the things happening is crazy.

Went from 10-0 to 14-6 so stopped. Just not worth it gameplay wise.

Mitrovic is now 10k on pc, I was trading with him all week buying for 2k and selling for 3.5k. Market is impossible to predict.

I found playing such a chore, Between everything I’m just thinking of knocking fifa on the head, I’ll give it a couple of weeks and see but there’s just so many things I don’t like, rubbish gameplay (for me), rubbish servers still, then all the mistakes from fifa 19 seem to be carrying into fifa20.

They took away futswap which was a great positive from fifa 19 and replaced it with rubbish objectives, for an 85 zaha who no one will want in a months time.
    Taking away the icon sbc’s was massive for me, it’ll double the price of the top icons and god only knows what we’ll have to do for the icon swap objectives if the current ones are anything to go by, things like score a header with a first owned German! Do me a favour!!! Yeah of course you could grind these objectives, but I honestly can’t be bothered trying to assist with slow wingers etc.

If league sbc’s are gone it might be the straw that breaks the camels back for me, I like my sbc’s and opening the packs from them etc, it would also make trading a lot more difficult because cards not being needed for league sbc’s makes them worthless, only needed for marquee matchups.
    It’s all geared towards nullifying trading and grinding so that the only way you can get R9 etc is by spending hundreds/thousands and I’m not willing to do that.

So yeah, just going to see how the next week or 2 goes both gameplay and content wise, we’ll know in the next week too what’s in the icon swap objectives, but seriously considering just leaving fifa because I didn’t enjoy one game this week.

Last day of the OTW promo, no new SBCs, objectives, nothing. Nothing new yesterday either. Feels like the the last month of FIFA rather than the first.

Not having icon or league SBCs to work towards are a real motivational killer for me.

I'm trading, but to what end. Doing those SBCs created goals to aim towards, rewards for weeks of hard work. Without them, I really struggle to find a reason to bother with next week tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

The removal of the League and Icon SBCs would remove a huge amount of the fun of the game for me. Last year I really enjoyed the trading aspect, more so than the gameplay itself. I tended to play only at the weekends and traded during the week. The SBCs made trading enjoyable and less of a slog as it was before.

I also think the removal of FUTswap is a real shame The rewards from gameplay aren't really worthwhile. Already even, none of those season objectives rewards would get into my team. Without the icon SBCs, the player picks from weekend league are almost useless, unless in the unlikely event of you packing one that fits in your team.

As has been mentioned on here before, the opportunity to build a high rated team by trading only, has been reduced significantly.
    Last year I finished with a trading profit of 25m and a team with two prime icons, two moments icons and two TOTY without spending a cent on points. The cynic in me says that the reason for the changes is to make this much harder this year...

Yeah they're replacing everything with objectives....and then not even releasing many objectives. Like when I saw that 85 Zaha card I thought it was cool, but now wer'e a few weeks in and it's impossible to be more than halfway to him because of how slowly new objectives are released. By the time you can unlock him it'll be November and nobody will have any use for an 85 rated Zaha.

On top of that I always really liked the balance between playing matches and working on SBCs, but if SBCs are being replaced with objectives then there is no balance and it's just playing matches and playing matches to fulfil objectives.

The only thing I’m thinking is there has to be some permanent sbc’s available or else it just makes cards really devalued and won’t help with pack sales.
    It might be something like say the flashback cards will be released in batches like the icons were and will stay available throughout the game rather than only being available for a few days.
    Something along that line?
    I mean it’s the only a couple of weeks into fifa and I’ve turned the game off because I literally have nothing to do on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

wonski wrote: »

yeah its mostly around the sbcs /objectives etc that are turning me off it.
    As people have said EA are turning the screws on the trading market and trying to get people to buy more points. Something I'm determined not to be sucked into again.

• Advertisement

We got a new error to add to the list, switch your game language to Norwegian and you'll get a tab talking about a non-existent OTW Naingollan.

https://twitter.com/Flair__/status/1180920454133030914?s=20

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement