Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Finished tonight 9-7, 3 of those 4 games I lost today were my own fault arsing around.
    14 games left so if I can get 5 wins tomorrow for 14 I’ll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,751 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just played to 17, knew I wasn't going for Elite so quit a few along the way if I was losing and my opponent was playing like a pr!ck, much less infuriating. Still have 5 games left so might go for Gold 1, moved Trent to CM (and Goretzka to RB) and been having a lot of fun, his passing is even better than TOTY KdB's.

EDIT:

I love him so much

9E6F4uo.gif

o3SLo4h.png

Was having fun so went to Gold 1, ended up 20-8 which is basically where I finish most weeks anyway. I've got 2 games left over so if anyone's on PS some time tomorrow we can try to match up for a free win.

are you still playing 41212 wide ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Got Perez on Friday quite close to the deadline. Didn't play at all yesterday, not in this WL. Looking forward to slotting Perez into pl team right wing instead of sterling to see how he is. Improving more and more as the weeks go on :) trading not the best but if I can get the one more icon swap I can sell some of my good base players for 40/50k and make some money finally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Tried to play a game of rivals this morning. Came up against the same idiot 3 times in a row. Self relegating. I wouldn't mind as much if he gave me the wins. Even the 2nd or 3rd time but no such luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Was having fun so went to Gold 1, ended up 20-8 which is basically where I finish most weeks anyway. I've got 2 games left over so if anyone's on PS some time tomorrow we can try to match up for a free win.

Fair play again Osmosis. Would be great if you could give those wins to one of the lads to get them up a level for rewards. Would be tricky to match make I'd say.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I finally scored direct from a corner, Mahrez and his 99 curve :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Drew a game of wl 0-0 after extra time, think that’s a first for me in fifa 20.
    Thankfully won on pens which again is a rarity.

14-9.

Back to bed now. Might try get to 17 later, not overly fussed by la liga though and seeing lads last week with 11 or 14 wins getting better players than 17 so no guarantees anyway.

Working today so usual browsing through youtube and this guy has another video up today. Very interesting regarding the passing lanes etc. Not sure why he's called it 334 when its actually 532 but damn its very good so far.
    Playing a few games of rivals with it so far and its unreal how much space your wingbacks get.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

9-15.

Complete implosion since yesterday. Going to grab the 11 hopefully.

Feeling the level of player has increased again though. I’m getting destroyed but great players. Not toxic either. People using skill to put a few past by generally skipping celebrations. Using skill effectively, rather than to humiliate.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Drew a game of wl 0-0 after extra time, think that’s a first for me in fifa 20.
    Thankfully won on pens which again is a rarity.

14-9.

Back to bed now. Might try get to 17 later, not overly fussed by la liga though and seeing lads last week with 11 or 14 wins getting better players than 17 so no guarantees anyway.

Couldn’t sleep.

17-10. Delighted with that, felt I played well last week and was unlucky not to get 17, glad to get back to 17 and with a little to spare.

Will grant the 3 wins now,

Blazer wrote: »
    Working today so usual browsing through youtube and this guy has another video up today. Very interesting regarding the passing lanes etc. Not sure why he's called it 334 when its actually 532 but damn its very good so far.
    Playing a few games of rivals with it so far and its unreal how much space your wingbacks get.

Interesting, tried it out there in Rivals, lost 5-0, I had 2 shots in the game.

He read every ball up the line and intercepted, I didn't notice any extra space for the strikers and the attacking fullbacks were always marked.

I can't judge it on one match though as I'm sure it'll take a few games to get used to but so far no good!!

9-17

Two losses where I'm winning 3-1 at 80th minute, and then blew leads. Both had dodgy goalkeeper bounces too. I can distinguish between being beaten well, as above, and losing cause the game goes screwy. I hate the latter.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Interesting, tried it out there in Rivals, lost 5-0, I had 2 shots in the game.

He read every ball up the line and intercepted, I didn't notice any extra space for the strikers and the attacking fullbacks were always marked.

I can't judge it on one match though as I'm sure it'll take a few games to get used to but so far no good!!

i had the complete opposite.
    Now mind you I was toggling off and on "attaching full backs" and hug sidelines going forwards and backwards so that could have helped as well.
    Salah was a different beast then. Himself and Aguero linked up well and scored about 6 goals in 3 matches using it.

are you still playing 41212 wide ?

424 this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Left it at ten wins yesterday with 3 to play but won't get a chance to get on today, looks like I'll be taking a break from WL next week. No harm though.

424 this weekend

424 is amazing when you have a great team. I loved it last year.

i had the complete opposite.
    Now mind you I was toggling off and on "attaching full backs" and hug sidelines going forwards and backwards so that could have helped as well.
    Salah was a different beast then. Himself and Aguero linked up well and scored about 6 goals in 3 matches using it.

This time it was 4-2 disconnect loss.

I keep getting countered with the formation.

This time it was 4-2 disconnect loss.

I keep getting countered with the formation.

I bet it was in WL?
    I had tested it in Rivals and its very obvious with the wingbacks and their movement and space.
    Then after your comment I tried it in WL for 2 games and its the complete opposite.
    I was getting annihilated on counter attacks. Safe to say I won't be using it in WL.
    Rivals alright for the laugh etc.,

• Advertisement

Did the fati sbc, he looks relatively cheap and it also gave me a chance to recover my 2 discarded bruno Fernandes.
    Will use him during the week doing that regullon objective.

I bet it was in WL?
    I had tested it in Rivals and its very obvious with the wingbacks and their movement and space.
    Then after your comment I tried it in WL for 2 games and its the complete opposite.
    I was getting annihilated on counter attacks. Safe to say I won't be using it in WL.
    Rivals alright for the laugh etc.,

It was Rivals haha but I guess you experienced what was happening to me.

Last chance...

2-1 rage quit to me. I was more patient and played through the middle, going back when I needed.

10-19

Last game.

Two up.

Server kicks me. Counts as a loss.

AWESOME, THANKS EA.

Ugh. First time in months I’ve not hit the 11. :(

Lord TSC wrote: »
    10-19

Last game.

Two up.

Server kicks me. Counts as a loss.

AWESOME, THANKS EA.

Ugh. First time in months I’ve not hit the 11. :(

Ouch, I feel your pain man! My team can't pass the ball or score a goal to save their lives at the minute.

13-11 so far.

I'm at 10 with 10 matches left.
    Think I'll just quit at 11 and not deal wiht all that ****e. Besides unless I get Messi or Costa none of them are going into my team.

It was Rivals haha but I guess you experienced what was happening to me.

Last chance...

2-1 rage quit to me. I was more patient and played through the middle, going back when I needed.

Tried it again, 2-0 down at HT. It just doesn't work for me.

Switched up and played much better the 2nd half, lost 2-1 in the end. Deffo won't be using this in WL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Went from 10-10 to 15-10, then took me to the last game to get 17....... The second last game was a disconnect when 3 nil up - got the loss for that one. I was sure I was going to falter but the last opponent wasn't any use thankfully.

Really wanted 17 as I use a La Liga team and I love the disappointment.

Bought PIM Rush and PIM Sanchez for the WL, both played the full 30 games. Rush with 25 goals and 18 assists, Sanchez with 27 goals and 12 assists.

Rush is clinical. Sanchez is good but I just can't get the hang of him really, he was poor the first 8 or so games until I changed chemistry style from Hawk to Marksman.

17-12

I was 14-12 and won 3 in a row to get G2 with one to spare which I'll give away to someone. Gameplay was shocking today!!

Aguero was rubbish, basically lost 500k on him now. Bought for 2.2mil and he's going for 1.8 now (plus tax)!

Mahrez I love, so lucky to have packed him.

Kaka is ok, really isn't what I hoped he may be.

Maguire is the best CB in the game I've used, he's amazing!!

WLResults.jpg

21 goals and 31 assists is hardly rubbish now :)
    What Mahrez card is it? I have his SS CAM one...but his tots one looks good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

TOTS Avila is the La Liga League SBC reward, pretty disappointing card for anyone who was holding off on completing the La Liga sbcs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement