Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

It’s mental the amount of mistakes that EA get away with in every FIFA. Gameplay this year is an improvement on last year, I grant them that, but servers are still dreadful and the delay is absolutely horrendous !!

Don’t even start on the SBCs too.... you’d think during the first few months of FIFA, they’d want to keep their player base engaged and playing the game, but there’s been **** all content for their first promo of the year. Objectives are ****e too, hate the whole “season pass” idea. 85 Zaha etc at the end is a nice touch but as mentioned already, they’ll be rendered useless by the time you reach level 30.

Just want to go back to the times of FIFA 11/12 where I could actually enjoy the game and play it for hours on end without any stress - the variation in squads was the best thing about it, and no SBCs. Just the usual TOTY/TOTS cards. But we’re venturing further and further from it every year. Man, I wish those servers were still up. Boot into a game with my Brasilver squad and IF Maikon Leite, peak times.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So I was struggling a bit in WL, then I switched my CB duo to this and won my final 5 games in a row :o

Screenshot-2019-10-06-at-22-50-28.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

For anyone with a fair few coins, Joao Felix otw is a good look at 140k, he’ll be out of packs from today and Portugal play Luxembourg on Friday so he’ll rise nicely in the hype (or you can hold for the match and hope he gets a hat trick)

I’ll be selling in the hype, did the same with Pepe yesterday, bought on Thursday for 148 and sold before the match for 175k

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Hogey007 wrote: »
    For anyone with a fair few coins, Joao Felix otw is a good look at 140k, he’ll be out of packs from today and Portugal play Luxembourg on Friday so he’ll rise nicely in the hype (or you can hold for the match and hope he gets a gat trick)

I’ll be selling in the hype, did the same with Pepe yesterday, bought on Thursday for 148 and sold before the match for 175k
    Might do that nice one Hogey.
    Got IF Zapata and another 76 IF from squad battle rewards this morning, nothing in pre order packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Hogey007 wrote:
    For anyone with a fair few coins, Joao Felix otw is a good look at 140k, he’ll be out of packs from today and Portugal play Luxembourg on Friday so he’ll rise nicely in the hype (or you can hold for the match and hope he gets a hat trick)

Picked one up on pc for 145k. Will see how he goes. Thanks for the tip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got some good elite 1 squad battle rewards again.

First pack was 86 Pjanic although he's only around 10k, second pack was suarez :D That's about 150k including coins and the consumables.

Up to 420k coins now with Suarez, IF Ndidi, OTW Pulisic and 5 discard IFs on the tradepile so definitely have enough to buy 87 barnes.

Starting to get a bit sick of the game in spite of that though. The removal of the various sbcs in favor of the season pass and icon swaps makes it feel like the game is trying to lock you in to play it constantly.

If I stop playing now my 40,000 xp towards 85 tolisso means nothing whereas last year I could come back and still have my progress in an icon sbc.

Might have went a bit over the top on Felix bought 12 of him but happy to leave my coins in there and hope for the best, I'm not in any rush :pac:

Don't be undercutting me now Hogey when the time is right :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Didn't realise the OTWs prices change so much before/after a game. Even the futbin prices don't really reflect it for Pepe (unless you go to the hourly view). Haven't seen this mentioned too widely anywhere else either.

I might get a OTW Felix today and hope the hype of playing a crap team makes him rise. It ties up a lot of my coins until Friday though.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Might have went a bit over the top on Felix bought 12 of him but happy to leave my coins in there and hope for the best, I'm not in any rush :pac:

Haha talk about go hard or go home :D

You going to bail out in the hype before the game for (hopefully) 20 to 25k per card or keep a few Incase he goes nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I think the only problem with Felix is his price, which already is just a little too much.

Not sure I would be brave enough to buy 12 of them at 140k. One or two, why not.

It is still 80 rated cards.

Also playing for Atletico who are not as attacking to provide many goals or assists a game.

• Advertisement

Redzer7 wrote: »

Now that’s balls to the wall :pac: I’ve only picked up one, so here’s hoping a nice 10-15k rise!

v3ttel wrote: »
    Didn't realise the OTWs prices change so much before/after a game. Even the futbin prices don't really reflect it for Pepe (unless you go to the hourly view). Haven't seen this mentioned too widely anywhere else either.

I might get a OTW Felix today and hope the hype of playing a crap team makes him rise. It ties up a lot of my coins until Friday though.

Yeah it’s always been the case with live cards, the rttf cards were also very good for it.
    I’ve learned to just get out in the hype for a small profit rather than risking it.
    Of course there will be times where the player gets a hat trick and you’ll wish you kept him but like Pepe yesterday was the perfect example, easy 20k profit with no risk, if I’d held onto him to see would he do well he’s back at the same price and I’d have 150k tied up in him or sell up and cut my losses with 7.5k tax

wonski wrote: »
    I think the only problem with Felix is his price, which already is just a little too much.

Not sure I would be brave enough to buy 12 of them at 140k. One or two, why not.

It is still 80 rated cards.

Also playing for Atletico who are not as attacking to provide many goals or assists a game.

Yeah the low rating is a turn off but if you look at his futbin graph he’s constantly been 155k to 160k. He dropped to 140k last night with the usual weekend league finishing sell off.

People will have lots of coins Thursday after first weekend league plus rivals and they’ll see Joao Felix has a match where Portugal could score 7 or 8 and they’ll start picking him up in the hope of an in form.
    I’ll definitely be out by Friday evening because if he doesn’t get an in form I could see his price coming down to 120ish next week.

But there’s just so much hype about him combined with the crap opponent that we should get 20 to 25k profit on him by Friday.

There’s an app called SofaScore as well that gives pretty much instant updates on matches - goals/assists, who scored etc etc. Nice and handy for OTW investing as you get the notifications the second they score with no delay at all.

EDIT: You can also track a specific player performance too to receive only notifications about his performance... even better.

Belgium also have an easy game Thursday v San Marino.

I picked up a lukaku for that.

Redzer is probably the only one currently with a budget to get hazard, he’s increased over 100k to 870k because he got a goal and assist for real, but if he’s not in totw at 3pm Wednesday there will be an hour or 2 where people will panic sell, if he drops back the 100 or 150k in that window he’d be worth picking up and the selling in the hype of the San Marino game Thursday.

But not something I need to concern myself with now, lukaku will do :D

Yeah it’s always been the case with live cards, the rttf cards were also very good for it.
    I’ve learned to just get out in the hype for a small profit rather than risking it.
    Of course there will be times where the player gets a hat trick and you’ll wish you kept him but like Pepe yesterday was the perfect example, easy 20k profit with no risk, if I’d held onto him to see would he do well he’s back at the same price and I’d have 150k tied up in him or sell up and cut my losses with 7.5k tax

Jesus, I'll take a 20K profit any day. I'm mostly flipping cards for 350-400 coins after tax. You need a lot of time (mass buying, replenishing the stock, re-listing, waiting for sales) to do it.

Managed to snipe a fresh one for 136K now and will flog a few hours before the game on Friday. His price is pretty high for his rating, but he's also now out of packs (or will be shortly?)....

With all of these players playing for top tier nations vs bad teams, there's always the risk that they are rested, not risked ahead of the next game, might be carrying a knock, etc.

Cheers for the tip, hopefully it pays off for everyone who takes the punt

Jesus, I'll take a 20K profit any day. I'm mostly flipping cards for 350-400 coins after tax. You need a lot of time (mass buying, replenishing the stock, re-listing, waiting for sales) to do it.

Managed to snipe a fresh one for 136K now and will flog a few hours before the game on Friday. His price is pretty high for his rating, but he's also now out of packs (or will be shortly?)....

With all of these players playing for top tier nations vs bad teams, there's always the risk that they are rested, not risked ahead of the next game, might be carrying a knock, etc.

Cheers for the tip, hopefully it pays off for everyone who takes the punt

Yeah there certainly is the small risk or players pulling out, I’ll hope to have mine sold well before the team sheets are even out.

Cards like Haller work really well, I think it was redzer who flipped a few of them Saturday.
    If you pick them up 3 or 4 days before a game people really only look then the day of a game and they can rise a few k.

Haha talk about go hard or go home :D

You going to bail out in the hype before the game for (hopefully) 20 to 25k per card or keep a few Incase he goes nuts.

Might go half and half not really sure yet, I flipped 5 of haller the other day as soon as he scored for a nice profit so might keep half, I'm not waiting on the coins. Still have half a mil to play around with too.

He's a hyped up player too a lot of people love him and I'd say he'll be expensive if/when he does eventually get an inform.

I've a great team too so have no problem waiting a few weeks to see if he bangs a couple in.

Flashback Theo Walcott hahahaha give it a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Think that's basically confirmation that no league SBCs are coming, they were released the first Monday of October last year (today) so this was a last hope sort of thing.

That Walcott is fairly tragic too, 2 83 rated squads including an IF, and an 85 rated squad for an average winger with M/M workrates and 3*/3*.

EDIT: No new objectives either, they're really trickling them out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd imagine we'll get a load of this level of Flashback going forward. Ones with unpredictable requirements.

Might do him out of boredom actually.

Upside, after a quiet few days, I sold a few IFs this cycle thanks to this, lol

Looks like we’re getting French league potm sbc’s

No one of note this month but mbappe, Neymar will will soon enough

https://twitter.com/ea_fifa_france/status/1181258058573336577?s=21

Sold my João Felix for a 30k profit, so about 25k after tax. Not bad considering I had him about 10 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Hopefully this SBC will help with a few of my if's

Anyone have any stats on goals and assists for September for the premier league potm nominees?
    Sbc likely Friday so might get prepped if it’s someone I’ll want.

Used to be loads on twitter last year

Carrasco is selling for 10K if anyone has him lying around in their club. I guess he's part of some SBC solution (maybe for Flashback Walcott).

Also, when is this 85 rated card a Flashback to? The highest his gold card has ever been was an 82 (and that was only one year!).

He's 85 rated and an English RW, looks like Sterling's price might take a hit (and will probably bounce back after the Walcott hype has died down).

Carrasco is selling for 10K if anyone has him lying around in their club. I guess he's part of some SBC solution (maybe for Flashback Walcott).

Also, when is this 85 rated card a Flashback to? The highest his gold card has ever been was an 82 (and that was only one year!).

He's 85 rated and an English RW, looks like Sterling's price might take a hit (and will probably bounce back after the Walcott hype has died down).

his TOTS card one of the years. fifa 12 was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Jesus Christ I don't know what is going on. I have played about 8 games tonight and have lost nearly every single one (drew one or two), and 4 of them I have been 2-0 up and lost 3-2. I literally cannot buy a win for love nor money, in general in the past few days I have been rubbish and have gone from Division 5 down to Division 7 and dropping like a stone still. Has something happened that has changed the gameplay or something?! This is probably the worst run I have ever had in any fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Jesus Christ I don't know what is going on. I have played about 8 games tonight and have lost nearly every single one (drew one or two), and 4 of them I have been 2-0 up and lost 3-2. I literally cannot buy a win for love nor money, in general in the past few days I have been rubbish and have gone from Division 5 down to Division 7 and dropping like a stone still. Has something happened that has changed the gameplay or something?! This is probably the worst run I have ever had in any fifa.

I find this happens now n again for no reason.
    For me tonight started off well and I’d my best win only to find that as the match ended the servers have gone down... typical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

The last time it happened I changed my 2 CBs for faster ones. That helped.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement