Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

did he win though? For elite its all about keeping possession.

Back onto Salah,,,,I just don't get him. Playing him at RAM in 4231 he's awful and hardly in the game at all. I brought on Silva for him and Silva was a game changer at just 30 mins in.
    Next game my LAM got injured, bought on Silva for him and said I'd switch Salah to LAM and Silva to RAM. Both players were fantastic and Salah was constantly making runs and making space.
    I just don't get him, if I play him at RAM he's useless, its not his left foot as Silva replicates the same form at LAM but at RAM he's magnificent.
    I'd say body type as Salah has his own type while Silva is lean which is the meta but both are left footed players, both have their distinct wings to play on.
    I'd say the game is just ****e really :D

5-5 now for the weekend. Worst start in a few weeks. I had tried some new tactics for the first 8 games or so but obviously I'm not meta enough for them lol :D
    Once I reverted back 2 wins in a row....and in WL this time :D

Just watched Inception's review on Reus and he makes the exact same point I made about Silva at 11:20. How Silva's movement is miles better than other cards when the stats don't suggest it.
    Now I want to get Bruno lol :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Unless you plan to keep him I’d sell now.
    Can only see most of those cards going one way.

His price went up overnight so sold him for 570k, used him in 8 games and bagged me 8 goals, really good player. May buy him back when the price goes down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Oh just couldn’t deal with wl, gave away a few free wins so I’m not tempted to go back for 17 tomorrow.
    Assuming it’s serie A next week I’ll skip it, come back fresh for ligue 1 and ultimate tots.

I just needed a break, I’ve played about 9/10 wl in a row now and just burnt out, even this week with the 2 extra picks from gold 2, I got 4 stabs at a la liga tots player and got no better than the worst 7 (by market value) on all 4 attempts.

I was playing my games yesterday and at 5-2 I wasn’t thinking “good start” I was thinking “christ, I still have 3 more games left today!”

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, I’ve won two games in a row. My rut is over :P

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    His price went up overnight so sold him for 570k, used him in 8 games and bagged me 8 goals, really good player. May buy him back when the price goes down.

Ah nice one, Sometimes when the supply from lightning rounds stops they can go back up a bit.

I’d say from 6 this evening they’ll all start a gradual decrease again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

There's a sniper in my stadium

ujVCT0p.gif

Had that gone in I think I'd be done for the weekend :pac:

There's a sniper in my stadium

ujVCT0p.gif

Had that gone in I think I'd be done for the weekend :pac:

Jaysus :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Potatoes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Wasn't going to play WL but said why not yesterday and of course that proved to be a bad decision. Ended up losing my first 5 yesterday. All of them were winnable games as well.

Switched back to a 4-2-3-1 today. Played five and won all of them so sitting on 5-5. Seems to be a mixed bunch of players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Don't know what's going on but in the first 8 games of WL I've hit the post maybe 12 times. WTF?
    Anyone else playing against magnetic posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Is Adama tots broken?

Played against him few times and pushing him off the ball with Clichy :) All the time.

I guess his impact in starting squad is not as good as in last 20 minutes. And for that I thank EA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

12-3 atm, in other words I'm gonna easily get Gold 1 and fall short of Elite 3 once again.

Don't know what's going on but in the first 8 games of WL I've hit the post maybe 12 times. WTF?
    Anyone else playing against magnetic posts?

I had one game like that where it was like bloody a pinball machine in my opponents box.

wonski wrote: »
    Is Adama tots broken?

Played against him few times and pushing him off the ball with Clichy :) All the time.

I guess his impact in starting squad is not as good as in last 20 minutes. And for that I thank EA :)

Haha I think fifa is just broken.

When I was doing la liga objectives for regullon during the week I was using winter refresh correa, a 5 foot 7 wimp, bustled tots vvd off the ball twice to score with him.

I'm gonna sell Aguero even though he's brilliant and bring in Bruno Fernando's refresh card and CR7's LW card just to see how they get on for the laugh.
    With Bruno and Silva's high movement I should see a difference..hopefully :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Blazer wrote: »
    I'm gonna sell Aguero even though he's brilliant and bring in Bruno Fernando's refresh card and CR7's LW card just to see how they get on for the laugh.
    With Bruno and Silva's high movement I should see a difference..hopefully :)

I'm trying to sell mine but since I paid 2.2 for him, he's dropped so much since Tuesday I'm better off holding onto him until he spikes again. I'm not taking 1 600k loss on him.

ouch. yeah definitely not.
    I do love playing with him though but I want to try Bruno's WR card since it always destroys me.
    I'll have a mill then to invest for Serie A /Lique 1 so will snap up a few players.

Plus getting CR7 LW sorts me out on that LW side .

CR7
    Salah
    Bruno
    Mahrez

or I can do
    CR7
    Mahrez---Bruno
    Silva

I don't think Aguero price will go up much any more than in the middle of fut champions.

Prices can only go one way tbh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

11-14

Just happy to get the 11, but will try for the 14 tomorrow. 3-2 is probably a step too far, given how I’ve been doing. But felt I recovered and broke the rut a bit today.

Not even trying to chem in Griezmann. He’s a beast at 3 chem.

• Advertisement

especially if we get a PIM SBC as we suspect. We'll see prices drop big time as well then.

especially if we get a PIM SBC as we suspect. We'll see prices drop big time as well then.

This will have no effect on top tots players cards, though. Not directly.

People lose interest. Prices go down

I don't remember last time I could just buy squad fitness for 1k in the middle of fut champions right away.

This being Bundesliga week doesn't help. Very few would use them anyway.

yeah most people have no interest in bundes this year. Its either EPL or ligue1.
    I am looking forward to Liga NOS tots though..when does that come out.

yeah most people have no interest in bundes this year. Its either EPL or ligue1.
    I am looking forward to Liga NOS tots though..when does that come out.

Apparently it’s the other league this week. So Monday.

They’ll be in red picks for this wl if so

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Apparently it’s the other league this week. So Monday.

They’ll be in red picks for this wl if so

I'd be happy with an Acuna or Tagliafica. They've served me well this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Quaison SBC looks quality but what’s up with EA’s obsession with 3* 3*?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

ouch. yeah definitely not.
    I do love playing with him though but I want to try Bruno's WR card since it always destroys me.
    I'll have a mill then to invest for Serie A /Lique 1 so will snap up a few players.

Plus getting CR7 LW sorts me out on that LW side .

CR7
    Salah
    Bruno
    Mahrez

or I can do
    CR7
    Mahrez---Bruno
    Silva

Bruno’s winter refresh has been an absolute beast for me - probably the best pull I’ve had in a pack this FIFA which has been pretty dismal. Across all game modes he’s got me 203 goals in 200 games

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Bruno’s winter refresh has been an absolute beast for me - probably the best pull I’ve had in a pack this FIFA which has been pretty dismal. Across all game modes he’s got me 203 goals in 200 games

unfortunately I didn't feel the love for him and CR7 so sold them again and buying back my beloved Aguero.
    I really missed his movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

unfortunately I didn't feel the love for him and CR7 so sold them again and buying back my beloved Aguero.
    I really missed his movement.

Surprised you didn’t get on with Bruno, he runs riot for me. To be fair though I always dread coming up against Aguero as he always destroys my already shoddy defending

• Advertisement

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Surprised you didn’t get on with Bruno, he runs riot for me. To be fair though I always dread coming up against Aguero as he always destroys my already shoddy defending

Bruno seems great...but I already have MAhrez's cam card which is a beast but CR7 is still clunky as ever...Augero is far more agile and I missed that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement