Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Blazer wrote: »
    unfortunately I didn't feel the love for him and CR7 so sold them again and buying back my beloved Aguero.
    I really missed his movement.

What movement? He doesn't do anything for me. What tactics have you got on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mr Moon wrote: »
    What movement? He doesn't do anything for me. What tactics have you got on him?

I have him at ST in a 4231 formation. His instructions are stay forward, stay central and mixed attack. More skilled players would use false 9 for him.
    I find the link and play between himself and Mahrez to be excellent who is stay to come back on defense, conservative interceptions etc.
    If he's not scoring then he's assisting Mahrez but all the play is going through both of them really.

On 442 Osmosis sets both STs to stay forward, get in behind, central and conservative tackles.

Also by movement I meant his actual movement and dribbling etc.
    I know his off the ball movement is not as good as Vardy or Richarlison.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Should have enough xp in next 2 or 3 days for storyline player.

Anyone given any thought to who they’ll pick? I’m ruling out Pedro straight off.

The players though seem about 2 months out of date.
    Might just take umtitti for French links when doing objectives.
    I like gotze’s dynamic image though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hogey007 wrote: »

Anyone given any thought to who they’ll pick? I’m ruling out Pedro straight off.

If I ever get there, prob Umtitti for the high rated links for SBCs lol. He wouldn’t displace moments Ramos or FB Militao for me.

I'm not even pushed about it ..think I still haven't completed gold week 1.
    Like ye said..none of them are getting into our teams really.

• Advertisement

I'm not even pushed about it ..think I still haven't completed gold week 1.
    Like ye said..none of them are getting into our teams really.

Be interesting to see what they do next season. An icon would be nice, they’ll need something to keep people interested after tots so an icon dangled there that you won’t receive for 4 or 5 weeks would be smart to keep people engaged.

Cue a 91 rated Jessie lingard!

I know I said this for the past 2 years but I'm definitely out for next fifa.
    Its not even enjoyable anymore.
    The only thing that would get me back would be the reintroduction of rivals and cutting back significantly on the bull**** SBCs.
    Which isn't going to happen.

The only thing that would get me back would be the reintroduction of rivals and cutting back significantly on the bull**** SBCs.

I’d love to say I’m not going to play fifa 21 as really don’t like how greedy they’ve gone on top players in last year or so but with all this isolation and all I might get suckered in.
    Should be some type of fifa anonymous program to wein us off it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

I did this this year and sometimes I do miss it but reading some posts on here I'm glad I did skip it

RedRochey wrote: »
    I did this this year and sometimes I do miss it but reading some posts on here I'm glad I did skip it

lucky you. I think a few regulars on here skipped it this year so fair play to them.
    I know Osmosis skipped last year and I held out for about 3 months before I caved in around xmas time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Didn't bother with WL this time around, and it's really apparent how little there is to do apart from it.
    Rivals is pointless because of objectives, and I find it a pain that the rewards are only once a week. The old divisions format was much better imo. You'd get the rewards after every 10 games or so, and there was a genuine competitive goal to get promoted /avoid relegation.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

The only thing that would get me back would be the reintroduction of rivals

Are they getting rid of rivals?

cintec wrote: »
    Are they getting rid of rivals?

I should have said the old divisions.
    Rivals was introduced I think in fifa19 and it sucks balls.
    Everyone hates it especially now with the objectives.
    Its completely destroyed it.
    Either they need to dump it or remove all objectives from rivals to ensure that people don't relegate themselves just to do objectives.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Hogey007 wrote: »

If I ever get there, prob Umtitti for the high rated links for SBCs lol. He wouldn’t displace moments Ramos or FB Militao for me.

I have to get Goetze now after that Witsel card!! Matching face masks :pac:

Having a nightmare WL, 6-7. I can't find any momentum and seem to just come up against brick walls when attacking and then they have no problem scoring on my defenders!! Had to stop playing before I break another controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yeah yeah ... they always come back. ;)

Yeah yeah ... they always come back. ;)

yeah bloody game is addictive.
    I reckon that's why EA allow celebrations and all that toxic nonsense like replays etc. The feelgood after beating a guy who's been dabbing and shushing you is fantastic I have to admit.
    I just played a guy who I was beating 2-0 come back to 2-3 and shushed and watched the replays. I copped on and scored one goal back and 91st min scored another goal to clinch the win. Of course I ran the length of the pitch shushing.
    It felt good which is another reason EA want them in there.

yeah bloody game is addictive.
    I reckon that's why EA allow celebrations and all that toxic nonsense like replays etc. The feelgood after beating a guy who's been dabbing and shushing you is fantastic I have to admit.
    I just played a guy who I was beating 2-0 come back to 2-3 and shushed and watched the replays. I copped on and scored one goal back and 91st min scored another goal to clinch the win. Of course I ran the length of the pitch shushing.
    It felt good which is another reason EA want them in there.

Haha brilliant.

You’ll enjoy this

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/gl00yh/instant_wl_shush_karma_rashford_wizardry/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

3 straight losses puts an end to the 14 wins dream.

Crushed in all three, and dabbed too :rolleyes: not seen bugger all dabbing in weeks but loads this weekend, usually by players significantly better too. Kind of sad how people can’t just be happy being so much better than their opponent, they have to be super childish like that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

i'm at 6-6 and don't feel like playing the rest of the day so gonna give in.
    I don't think I ever enjoy playing fut champs I only do it for rewards and they never pay off.

If I stop fut champs and rivals is messed up whats left to play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

You should give PES a try. I moved after Xmas myself and won't go back to FIFA.

- No SBCS
    - 1€ will guarantee you a POTW
    ,- Legends far easier to get your hands on
    - Can build a serious team quickly.
    - No promos (You level up players.)
    - No market, it's about football

Plus the gameplay is far more like real football. Tactics and player positioning are actually important. It does have its issues but I'd definitely prefer a football game to what FIFA has become. A financial market simulator, with cute puzzles and objectives, to keep people who don't want to spend hundreds of quid happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

piplip87 wrote: »
    You should give PES a try. I moved after Xmas myself and won't go back to FIFA.

- No SBCS
    - 1€ will guarantee you a POTW
    ,- Legends far easier to get your hands on
    - Can build a serious team quickly.
    - No promos (You level up players.)
    - No market, it's about football

Plus the gameplay is far more like real football. Tactics and player positioning are actually important. It does have its issues but I'd definitely prefer a football game to what FIFA has become. A financial market simulator, with cute puzzles and objectives, to keep people who don't want to spend hundreds of quid happy.

I played PES for a month or so this year. Agree, really enjoyed being able to play with pretty much any player in any type of squad. Put about €20 into it and came out with an unreal squad that I’d prob never have in FIFA. The one downside to it is the whole formations thing and morale system. Also didn’t like the passing as there could be one fella 5 yards away completely open but for some reason the system will pelt it to the fella 20 yards away with 3 opponents around him.

Good game though. A lot more about skill in that game.. also fun to build all different kinds of teams and upgrade them to max level.

Hmm, that’s got me intrigued....

we should all commit to playing PES next year :)

Hopefully Konami can build on this year's game.

Piplip’s list of differences certainly makes me curious.

I’d spend cash on fifa quicker if I knew I’d get decent players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Lord TSC wrote:
    Crushed in all three, and dabbed too not seen bugger all dabbing in weeks but loads this weekend, usually by players significantly better too. Kind of sad how people can’t just be happy being so much better than their opponent, they have to be super childish like that too.

It's to make you rage quit. WL is horrible grind playing people who haven't a chance of winning. If I know someone isnt going to win, I'll pause and give them the chance to quit at 3-0 down. If they don't, I'll encourage them to quit. It's a waste of my time and there's.

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's to make you rage quit. WL is horrible grind playing people who haven't a chance of winning. If I know someone isnt going to win, I'll pause and give them the chance to quit at 3-0 down. If they don't, I'll encourage them to quit. It's a waste of my time and there's.

I’ll happily quit out of games I’m being crushed in, IF the other person doesn’t dab and act like an idiot.

Otherwise, I’m more than happy to pop my controller down with the stick pushed up, and play Animal Crossing for a little bit.

Petty? Sure. But if people want to waste my time with celebrations, I’ve nowhere I really need to be right now :pac:

RossieMan wrote: »

**** that...at least if you finish the game you get rival points so you might as well get something out of it. If anything its more making me inclined to stay in the game.
    I never quit a game until I'm finished with WL and giving away the last few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

16-3, need 7-4 for Elite, will play more this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Blazer wrote:
    **** that...at least if you finish the game you get rival points so you might as well get something out of it. If anything its more making me inclined to stay in the game. I never quit a game until I'm finished with WL and giving away the last few games.

You see it's this attitude that's just as toxic. Sitting in a game you've no chance of winning is pissing the other guy off. It's a loselose really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement