Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

16-3, need 7-4 for Elite, will play more this evening.

best of luck

RossieMan wrote: »
    You see it's this attitude that's just as toxic. Sitting in a game you've no chance of winning is pissing the other guy off. It's a loselose really.

not at all. You don't learn from quitting.
    With that attitude you'll never get better etc.
    Plus yep the other guy who's being all toxic deserves it. Why should anyone lose out on rival points because the other fella is impatient?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Gotze, got!!

Need to upgrade LB to tots Davies, but Bundesliga team looking alright.
    83-DDBB7-C-38-FC-42-C1-A8-E1-999-A8-BAB9557.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Blazer wrote:
    not at all. You don't learn from quitting. With that attitude you'll never get better etc. Plus yep the other guy who's being all toxic deserves it. Why should anyone lose out on rival points because the other fella is impatient?

You don't get better if you're getting battered week in week out either without changing anything. Don't be maiming about people watching replays if you are happy to sit in a game you've no chance of winning. It's the same thing.

Rival points should be got from rivals, not WL in my opinion.

RossieMan wrote: »
    You don't get better if you're getting battered week in week out either without changing anything. Don't be maiming about people watching replays if you are happy to sit in a game you've no chance of winning. It's the same thing.

Rival points should be got from rivals, not WL in my opinion.

It's not the same thing and you damn well know it.
    There's a huge difference between getting hammered and still playing the game to being a complete dickhead gloating etc just because you want the other guy to quit because you want to play your next game.
    It's called sportsmanship and its prevalent throughout all sports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I’ll happily quit out of games I’m being crushed in, IF the other person doesn’t dab and act like an idiot.

Otherwise, I’m more than happy to pop my controller down with the stick pushed up, and play Animal Crossing for a little bit.

Petty? Sure. But if people want to waste my time with celebrations, I’ve nowhere I really need to be right now :pac:

Yea I do the same.
    If I’m not stuck for time and the other player is being a dick I’ll just put the controller down and stick pushed up. Normally I’ll play on as normal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

I've just been playing since March. Hadn't bought Fifa since '13 and it's my first time getting into FUT.

As a whole I find it enjoyable. But in my opinion I think the TOTS craic is a bit ridiculous. You're playing against cards rated 95+, which turns it into a glorified arcade game. You've got no real chance defending against some players. I think it would be a much better game if the best cards you could get would be the odd 90. Leave that for the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and icons, instead of Turkish league players that you've never heard of. I understand it's late in the season and EA have money to make but it just feels like it's a watered down game. I suppose it puts you under pressure to keep playing in order to build a squad that can compete, which of course is what EA wants.

Also I'd agree that it's a fairly toxic community overall. Playing sometimes would put you in bad form, frustration and anger run hand in hand. You'd ask yourself at times, 'why the **** are you playing this'. Many times I had to turn off the Xbox and take the dog for a walk after losing in injury time to some gob****e.

Sold Aguero again to bring in a stronger LW so decided on tots Griezeman and FB Lacazette.
    16 mins into my first match with them and I'm 5 up. 3 from Griezeman and 2 from Laca.
    Griezeman feels unbelievable at CAM which is where I play him.
    I remember being very impressed with his NIF card before Xmas and this card is x 10 better.
    I know his FB card has the 5* wf but I needed his LW card for full chem.

Blazer wrote: »
    Sold Aguero again to bring in a stronger LW so decided on tots Griezeman and FB Lacazette.
    16 mins into my first match with them and I'm 5 up. 3 from Griezeman and 2 from Laca.
    Griezeman feels unbelievable at CAM which is where I play him.
    I remember being very impressed with his NIF card before Xmas and this card is x 10 better.
    I know his FB card has the 5* wf but I needed his LW card for full chem.

I loved Griezmans bday card, sorry I sold him!! The 5 star weak foot was a dream to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

TOTS Coutinho SBC up btw, about 550k, stats look good but not great relative to some TOTS for the same price, 5*/4* with good links tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I want to buy TotS Suarez but it would leave me absolutely broke lol. Might try FB Griezmann again instead, a lot cheaper than the 1.2m that I sold him for a while back!

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I loved Griezmans bday card, sorry I sold him!! The 5 star weak foot was a dream to play with.

I'm finding his tots card far more agile and a joy to play with. Yes you lose the weak foot but I've FB lacazette in front so it helps negate it.

Just strolled to my next 4 wins with the lads and I'm at 13 wins with 4 games left.
    Will definitely get 14 wins so since I'm working until 12am and hopefully no one disturbs me might try for the 17..but to be honest apart from Sancho no one would get into my team.

so much for getting to 17, cruising in my two games and I get work calls in the middle. Had to drop them.
    Need 1 win from 2 now so think I'll hold off until I';m finished just in case :D

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Blazer wrote:
    so much for getting to 17, cruising in my two games and I get work calls in the middle. Had to drop them. Need 1 win from 2 now so think I'll hold off until I';m finished just in case

Good luck with it

5-3 on Friday
    6-7 on Saturday
    17-11 now!

I bought Giovinco last night, thinking he may come in handy for some Italian objectives for Serie A next week and may make a profit on him. He's unreal, going to try build a team around him now!!

Bringing him on at HT for most of todays games, he single handedly got me to 17 wins.

Also if anyone hasn't done the Witsel SBC he's a bargain for that price even if you don't use a Budesliga team.

WL15-5.jpg

Max Kruse is a great supersub as well. His tots card is only 60k which is nuts for his stats.
    Purely down to him being in the Turkish league.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

5-3 on Friday
    6-7 on Saturday
    17-11 now!

I bought Giovinco last night, thinking he may come in handy for some Italian objectives for Serie A next week and may make a profit on him. He's unreal, going to try build a team around him now!!

Bringing him on at HT for most of todays games, he single handedly got me to 17 wins.

Also if anyone hasn't done the Witsel SBC he's a bargain for that price even if you don't use a Budesliga team.

WL15-5.jpg

Nice, but is Kaka even playing???

Or just a passenger?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Well lads how's fifa treating yis? Have I missed much :D
    Haven't played it in months and certainly don't miss it. Heard it hasn't got a whole lot better since I stopped playing anyways.

Just seen the posts about PES, I'd definitely be up for that next year.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Well lads how's fifa treating yis? Have I missed much :D
    Haven't played it in months and certainly don't miss it. Heard it hasn't got a whole lot better since I stopped playing anyways.

Just seen the posts about PES, I'd definitely be up for that next year.

You’re missing nothing :)
    Yeah let’s hope Konami upgrade their menus to something resembling half decent as well.

Got my 14 wins so looking forward to whoever I get Thursday. I honestly don’t care as long as they make the subs bench.

Still haven't gotten to play my games as this has been my whole night:

leiswUU.gif

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    Nice, but is Kaka even playing???

Or just a passenger?

Kaka only played the first 10 or so games and got subbed off most times, he’s not that great, swapped him for De Bruyne most of Saturday and all today. I should fill out the appearances next week.

Still haven't gotten to play my games as this has been my whole night:

leiswUU.gif

WTF :eek: how many have you left to play? Hope you get to finish them.

WTF :eek: how many have you left to play? Hope you get to finish them.

Connection seems to be picking up, 17-3 atm, luckily this lockdown business means time is irrelevant and so playing halfway through the night is no big deal :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Finished 15-15, my worst ever. 5 games that I won registered as losses because after the games when I hit advance to go back to the main menu it would get stuck on the loading screen, left it for half an hour after one win but it just wouldn’t load. So had to log out and when I logged back in I was greeted with the “DNF” message. Just wondering did this happen to anyone else ?

Gameplay this weekend was the worst yet by a long shot. I’d 100% be on for Pro Evolution Soccer next year.

Well.....

WuojrNU.png

I only needed to win 1 of my final 3, ended up winning the final game on penalties, could barely breathe :pac:

Salah is a star:

touRy64.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I've just been playing since March. Hadn't bought Fifa since '13 and it's my first time getting into FUT.

As a whole I find it enjoyable. But in my opinion I think the TOTS craic is a bit ridiculous. You're playing against cards rated 95+, which turns it into a glorified arcade game. You've got no real chance defending against some players. I think it would be a much better game if the best cards you could get would be the odd 90. Leave that for the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and icons, instead of Turkish league players that you've never heard of. I understand it's late in the season and EA have money to make but it just feels like it's a watered down game. I suppose it puts you under pressure to keep playing in order to build a squad that can compete, which of course is what EA wants.

Also I'd agree that it's a fairly toxic community overall. Playing sometimes would put you in bad form, frustration and anger run hand in hand. You'd ask yourself at times, 'why the **** are you playing this'. Many times I had to turn off the Xbox and take the dog for a walk after losing in injury time to some gob****e.

I agree with this post 100%. The game does become ridiculous at this time of the year and I think it is all the worse for it. The team you have spent the whole year building becomes obsolete and all of a sudden everyone just has a super team.

What also happens at this time of year is that the game kind of hooks its claws into players, as you feel like you have to play the WL every weekend in order to keep up with everyone else, if you don't play you'll miss out on the rewards and your team will get left behind while everyone else is making crazy 90+ rated teams. You are no better off if you play every weekend because everyone has an unreal team, but if you took a break for 2 or 3 weeks you could fall seriously behind.

It has a knock on effect onto the players too as lads are more cagey playing WL and rivals as the rewards are higher, more lads trying to get you to quit by shushing and watching replays, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Was there an update recently on penalties? I must ave conceded 10 penos easy in Rivals over the weekend, and prob awarded not far off the same, through the AI making mad tackles in the box.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Was there an update recently on penalties? I must ave conceded 10 penos easy in Rivals over the weekend, and prob awarded not far off the same, through the AI making mad tackles in the box.

Haven’t found it.
    Coincidentally I haven’t given away a penalty since I dropped Hierro, and started using jockeying instead of tackling.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

cant seem to find it but what totsf player is being given out with the bundesliga sbc, got rues untradeable at the weekend so looking at ways to fit him in and maximize chem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

seamie78 wrote: »
    cant seem to find it but what totsf player is being given out with the bundesliga sbc, got rues untradeable at the weekend so looking at ways to fit him in and maximize chem

I don't think they have announced that yet unless there is leaks. I think the League sbc player usually get announced on Mondays.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement