Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Hummel's and Gabriel for me from Gold 2. I think i used up all my red pick luck last week getting Varane.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Rafa and Gabriel.
    Not a single bundes pick whatsoever for gold 3.
    Rafa does look tasty though and both of them can actually slot into my team on full chem.

Blazer wrote: »
    Rafa and Gabriel.
    Not a single bundes pick whatsoever for gold 3.
    Rafa does look tasty though and both of them can actually slot into my team on full chem.

Now I could stick with Mahrez and go with PIM Zola and PIM Henry or as below bring in CR7 and splash the 2.4m on an icon CAM.
    Any recommendations?

97536960-38-F4-46-A5-889-D-24-E961751-FA2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone is bothered trading at this stage but one quick tip I’ve done last few weeks is pick up Bayern golds (ulreich) for 700-800 during rewards Thursday morning (or now) and sell by 5pm.

For last few weeks like clockwork he’s hit 1700 at 5 o clock as people have no way of knowing who could possibly be in marquee matchups so bayern rise as their cards sell for 4/5k when a bayern only requirement lands.

I know buying at 700 and selling at 1700 doesn’t seem massive but with 50 cards it’s an easy 50k.

I sell about 80% an keep rest just Incase bayern are in marquee matchups. I might keep a bit extra this week as pavard is out of packs too and him, tolisso and ulreich are the only 3 cheap bayern golds.

You can also get Barca golds at 650, I haven’t tried it with them yet but same logic should work so picked up 60 or 70 to experiment.

Have stocked up with Bayern gk myself im wondering with bundesliga back will it be all german match ups

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blazer, how is Gattuso?

I have 5 tokens, and having zero motivation to get any of the squad battle ones. Have three Rivals ones left. So could get 2 easily enough, and Gattuso would actually let me play Griezmann, Haland, Auba and Rashford all on 7 chemistry.

Is he worth the effort to play as a CDM?

• Advertisement

Also, anyone using base Kante? Or has he been left behind now? I've got 170k, and need either a French PL CDM (so...Kante) or an Icon that can play at CDM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Blazer, how is Gattuso?

I have 5 tokens, and having zero motivation to get any of the squad battle ones. Have three Rivals ones left. So could get 2 easily enough, and Gattuso would actually let me play Griezmann, Haland, Auba and Rashford all on 7 chemistry.

Have him in my team. He's pretty effective as a CDM, breaks up the play and is mobile enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

seamie78 wrote: »
    Have stocked up with Bayern gk myself im wondering with bundesliga back will it be all german match ups

Fingers crossed. I went a little overboard this week, last few weeks I just got about 50 ulreich and made an easy 45k or so.
    This week I bought about 300. I still plan to sell about 200 by 6pm for 1.7k as it’s an easy 200k profit but with pavard out of packs I’m going to hold 100 or so Incase bayern feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Hradecky and two poor enough NOS for my WL efforts, annoying as I was hoping to build around Boatang/Witsel/Haland.

Blazer, how is Gattuso?

Definitely yes.
    He’s played over 500 games for me since I unlocked him first.
    He’s fantastic at intercepting and breaking up play. Don’t do fancy stuff with him as he’s not that type of player but if I hadn’t got Gabriel in my red pick I’d be leaving Gattuso in there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I think my red picks are stuck in unassigned, unless they've taken them down again? I can't find them anyway...

Blazer wrote: »
    Definitely yes.
    He’s played over 500 games for me since I unlocked him first.
    He’s fantastic at intercepting and breaking up play. Don’t do fancy stuff with him as he’s not that type of player but if I hadn’t got Gabriel in my red pick I’d be leaving Gattuso in there.

I might also just be able to buy him outright, and if I like him, I could then switch to the Icon swap next week.

I'm trying to juggle chemistry madly right now. But most TOTSSF cards seem to really have no massive drop offs once I keep them above 5 or so chemistry.

So, I have this....

3w4Xi3D.jpg

changing in game to...

tAMrot3.jpg

Gattuso would give me a little more wiggle room. Just need to figure out if its worth the effort/coinage, or if that's good enough.

I might also just be able to buy him outright, and if I like him, I could then switch to the Icon swap next week.

I'm trying to juggle chemistry madly right now. But most TOTSSF cards seem to really have no massive drop offs once I keep them above 5 or so chemistry.

So, I have this....

3w4Xi3D.jpg

changing in game to...

tAMrot3.jpg

Gattuso would give me a little more wiggle room. Just need to figure out if its worth the effort/coinage, or if that's good enough.

I found at long as they don’t go below 4 it really doesn’t make a blind bit of difference for most of those cards.
    I would say he’s better than Busquets though...
    Also He does have better shooting and dribbling over Gattuso.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I think my red picks are stuck in unassigned, unless they've taken them down again? I can't find them anyway...

Yeah red picks can’t be opened when unassigned, you’ll have to wait to open them but they’re there somewhere, don’t worry.
    It’ll be worth it Monday when you make a mint!

hots wrote: »
    Hradecky and two poor enough NOS for my WL efforts, annoying as I was hoping to build around Boatang/Witsel/Haland.

Burnt my two trash NOS players into the NOS guarantee pack and got Taarabt for my troubles, might be fun coming off the bench at least!

So, I have this....

3w4Xi3D.jpg

changing in game to...

tAMrot3.jpg

That's an insane team, maybe gattuso over busquets but it wouldn't be much difference imo

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Yeah red picks can’t be opened when unassigned, you’ll have to wait to open them but they’re there somewhere, don’t worry.
    It’ll be worth it Monday when you make a mint!

This is killing me :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Also, anyone using base Kante? Or has he been left behind now? I've got 170k, and need either a French PL CDM (so...Kante) or an Icon that can play at CDM.

Kante never fails ;)

If you need French pl player I would rather have him at 60k than some random icon tbh.

No icon worth 170k will be better than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Blazer, how is Gattuso?

I haven't used Kante but I would say he is the best gold card I have come up against in FIFA 20 even in recent weeks. He just seems to be everywhere for the opposition and is so quick/agile when it comes to defending, or at least that's what it feels like. He is one player I dread seeing my opponent have in their team.

I haven't used Kante but I would say he is the best gold card I have come up against in FIFA 20 even in recent weeks. He just seems to be everywhere for the opposition and is so quick/agile when it comes to defending, or at least that's what it feels like. He is one player I dread seeing my opponent have in their team.

Yeah Kante is a damn beast.
    I was tempted to get his toty card but spending 1.8m on a CDM , god no.
    Ended up getting PIM Del Piero behind CR7.
    Still leaves me 800k in coins but not sure who to spend it on.
    Will just leave it sitting or stock up on serie a players in the hope of getting CR7.

• Advertisement

You could get Kante's toty nominee card, it's around 200k.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Team for the weekend:

KlLlmBL.pngXqAxTDJ.png

And a second team that looks like some fun:

S0nkZpa.pngUMERd3I.png

Well the Rafa and Gabriel experiment didn’t last long. Rafa definitely doesn’t play to his stats or his strength is just too low. Gabriel is a bit clunky but so would have kept him on but needed Gattuso back in for chem.
    Del Piero is fantastic but there’s something wrong with his shooting. One on with the keepers and he blazed wide about 10 times.Plus his low stamina means he’s running empty by about 70 mins.
    As a result I tried PIM Raul who seems like a fine upgrade over his clunky card last year but again falls short of replacing Griezeman who has excellent movement and agility etc to get by players effortlessly.
    I could use Raul up front but FB Lacazette really plays fantastic off Griezeman so I’ll probably end up getting prime Matthäus after all that.
    At least I’ve a few high rated red picks for whatever sbc EA throw out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Had a couple of random IFs that I packed, no higher than 83 rated. Checked last week and they were between 10-12k and just checked again today and for some reason they’ve all doubled in price :pac: easy 200k there, master trader !!

Did similar with all my German league players. Had a few silvers worth 10k and with no interest in actually finishing the league again, shelled them off for some quick coinage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

It's Seria A next, so what would be the best day to open packs if you're looking to get something decent? I've got a few saved from rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

It's Seria A next, so what would be the best day to open packs if you're looking to get something decent? I've got a few saved from rewards.

There’s no good day to open packs as far as I’m concerned - I always find them full of rubbish, lol.i have 150 packs still to get through so lots of disappointment to come

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Kostić and Gabriel from red picks, Not bad but again not really that great either

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Muller and Ginter from Gold 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Today is the only good day of the week for TOTS this year, because of the upgrade packs, really wish they were around all week like in previous years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement