Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

9-2 having just conceded my dumbest goal of the year

Man if that's your dumbest goal your doing well ha ha.

Earlier my Alisson was kicking the ball from his hands. Bear in mind it was fully powered up. But frenkie had other ideas and ran in front of its path just outside the 18 yard box. Low and behold it landed right in his attackers path for a nice easy goal. I really should have saved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Man if that's your dumbest goal your doing well ha ha.

Earlier my Alisson was kicking the ball from his hands. Bear in mind it was fully powered up. But frenkie had other ideas and ran in front of its path just outside the 18 yard box. Low and behold it landed right in his attackers path for a nice easy goal. I really should have saved it.

I had to drop Alison and Ter Stegen, both of them are equally as bad as De Gea so no point in wasting coins.
    Rafa is a damn good sub to bring on as a CAM for the final 30 mins.
    I was 4-1 down thanks to Alison and me testing how fast he comes out etc and I bring on Rafa as CAM.4 goals later by him and I say my opponent was smashing his controller.
    10-8 so not the best.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not a great afternoon. 12-10 now.

Two from 8 should be well doable but 5 feels a bit of a stretch.

Haaland with 34 goals in 26 games. Not sure I’ve ad a striker with a positive ration like that in ages. 17 assists too. He’s brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

That new Daily SBC is just awful, an 80 rated 80 chem team for a pack that contains ONE rare gold player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

That new Daily SBC is just awful, an 80 rated 80 chem team for a pack that contains ONE rare gold player.

Daily SBCs in general seem to be awful this year compared to last... a lot more jumbo gold packs or those small player packs.

• Advertisement

Vinicius is up 5-6k already :)
    That’s 100-140k for my 20 something cards I only bought this morning was it?
    Or last night. Either way I’m not complaint. I might cash out if they jump 10-15k.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Blazer wrote: »
    Yeah I’ve been seeing tweets during the week that they’re cracking down.
    One guy was raging on twitter over over his team “two girls one Klopp” lol

If they're cracking down I hope they get rid of that stupid Madeleine Milan one as well. That triggers me so much.

If they're cracking down I hope they get rid of that stupid Madeleine Milan one as well. That triggers me so much.

I think you can report the team name as well. Not sure if they'd do much about it tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

The “she was only XI” is such a strange, disturbing one also.

11-8 , I brought back in CR7 and went with Rafa and Gabriel in midfield and it’s set me on a 4 win streak.
    Will try and hit 14 tonight and then go on for 17 tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

7-9. Having a mare.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

16-10, I'll call it a day before I implode...

4 games fresh tomorrow to get 1 win!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Haven't played wl since the premier league week so decided to do the objectives players for some practice for next weekend.

Got Mathieu and the Serie A guy easy enough but the outside the box goals with midfielders for Sabitzer is driving me mad. Saw a TOTS Salah for 885k so bought him and will convert him to RM and see how I get on.

Lads, if any of you are going unassigned on ligue 1 rares, get the ucl rares from ligue 1.

They’ve delivered ucl content when quarters and semis were scheduled so good chance we’ll see something next week as final was scheduled for Saturday night.
    If nothing comes, you’ll still have the cards for ligue 1 upgrades, just adds an extra bonus if there’s ucl content.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Vinicius is up 5-6k already :)
    That’s 100-140k for my 20 something cards I only bought this morning was it?
    Or last night. Either way I’m not complaint. I might cash out if they jump 10-15k.

Why did his card rise?

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Why did his card rise?

I guess people expecting a sbc.
    He’s dropped now again and I picked up a few more at 27k :)
    It’s crazy,
    People are crying out for a crazy price sbc like Hazards one so I’d expect one to drop around ultimate tots so will hold tight then then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Hogey007 wrote: »
    The “she was only XI” is such a strange, disturbing one also.

Adam Johnson u16's is one that sticks out to me.

Also the 'classic' Interyernan

What sort of wierdo's are we playing against?

man 295k for Ronaldo's base card. Damn.
    Remember last year when his base was 3.5 mill lol.

I remembered you posting this the other day and right now just bought cr7 to help with the serie a objective player!!

Imagine just picking up cr7 to help with an objective :D

Ah no, I’d expect to make a small few coins off him Thursday anyway when people get red picks and it’s Gomez etc, they’ll go buy base cr7 (who is out of packs)

I guess people expecting a sbc.
    He’s dropped now again and I picked up a few more at 27k :)
    It’s crazy,
    People are crying out for a crazy price sbc like Hazards one so I’d expect one to drop around ultimate tots so will hold tight then then.

wait what player are we talking about?? The Benfica TOTS card?

wait what player are we talking about?? The Benfica TOTS card?

Yep that guy. 90 rated Brazilian tots card for the 30k make.

Having a dreadful time this weekend trying to get wins.
    Time to bring out the big guns and 442 and just overpower with my strikers.

• Advertisement

How have people found the latest icon swaps? I missed half of them so I'm going to decide between taking the 9 token pack or 10 token Overmars. My team is below, what do people think I should take?

Haven't played much with it as I'm only back playing a couple of weeks and I've spent most of that doing the swaps or player objectives. I got insane luck with Salah, Benzema and Diego Carlos pulls, del Piero is really only there for chemistry and if I actually played with this team I'd probably swap him and Benzema around in game. I have base Ronaldo, Neymar, 90 David Luiz, 91 Hagi and some other high rated SBC's from earlier in the game along with some decent fodder built up and half a million coins. I know CM and RB need a serious upgrade but Gattuso or Base Gullit just don't look worth it at this stage of the game for their tokens.

EDIT: Just noticed TOTS Oblak's price, will most likely snap him up for that considering his 92 card will cover half the cost. Also, TOTS Carvajal looks decent value compared to Ramos moment's SBC being untradeable.

Team.jpg

Yep that guy. 90 rated Brazilian tots card for the 30k make.

Having a dreadful time this weekend trying to get wins.
    Time to bring out the big guns and 442 and just overpower with my strikers.

Ah ok, in my tired state this morning I was looking at your post thinking surely a MM SBC hasn't made Vincius Junior's card jump 7k :o

How have people found the latest icon swaps? I missed half of them so I'm going to decide between taking the 9 token pack or 10 token Overmars. My team is below, what do people think I should take?

Haven't played much with it as I'm only back playing a couple of weeks and I've spent most of that doing the swaps or player objectives. I got insane luck with Salah, Benzema and Diego Carlos pulls, del Piero is really only there for chemistry and if I actually played with this team I'd probably swap him and Benzema around in game. I have base Ronaldo, Neymar, 90 David Luiz, 91 Hagi and some other high rated SBC's from earlier in the game along with some decent fodder built up and half a million coins. I know CM and RB need a serious upgrade but Gattuso or Base Gullit just don't look worth it at this stage of the game for their tokens.

EDIT: Just noticed TOTS Oblak's price, will most likely snap him up for that considering his 92 card will cover half the cost. Also, TOTS Carvajal looks decent value compared to Ramos moment's SBC being untradeable.

Team.jpg

I’d 100% take the prime icon pack instead of overmars.
    I’d actually prefer base Messi on 8 chem over overmars anyway and you could hit the jackpot with the pack.
    You could of course get a stinker like lehmann or inzaghi either but at this stage I’d take the risk.
    I wouldn’t imagine there’s anything amazing about overmars so why not roll the dice :)

13-14

Difficulty ramped . Every game this morning has been lads with Kent, shushing and such. Just happy to get the 14th now and be done with it.

Hogey007 wrote:
    I’d 100% take the prime icon pack instead of overmars. I’d actually prefer base Messi on 8 chem over overmars anyway and you could hit the jackpot with the pack. You could of course get a stinker like lehmann or inzaghi either but at this stage I’d take the risk. I wouldn’t imagine there’s anything amazing about overmars so why not roll the dice

He could get shearer too.... 😂😂😂 He went straight into the next sbc after I got him

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I’d 100% take the prime icon pack instead of overmars.
    I’d actually prefer base Messi on 8 chem over overmars anyway and you could hit the jackpot with the pack.
    You could of course get a stinker like lehmann or inzaghi either but at this stage I’d take the risk.
    I wouldn’t imagine there’s anything amazing about overmars so why not roll the dice :)

Yeah I'm leaning towards the pack myself. It's the only chance I'll have of owning one of the jackpot cards.

Still not sure why I even still play 433(4) anyway tbh, I literally play between my ST & CAM anyway and end up ignoring the wide forwards except for when I'm trying to relieve some pressure. Really need to look into some of the narrower formations.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Yeah I'm leaning towards the pack myself. It's the only chance I'll have of owning one of the jackpot cards.

Still not sure why I even still play 433(4) anyway tbh, I literally play between my ST & CAM anyway and end up ignoring the wide forwards except for when I'm trying to relieve some pressure. Really need to look into some of the narrower formations.

I took the icon pack and also endup taking overmars with the remaining tokens. I find him very good he is quick and makes a good ram/lam in a 4-2-3-1 and he has 5 star weak foot.

In the icon pack I got Drogba and he was very good but the tots players make it difficult to pick him as a striker and he is now in my reserve squad.

I guess you should look at all the prime icons that you could get and see what ones would get into your squad. Most prime icons are worse than some of the cheap TOTSSF

Frakkin games are crazy today. I was going with 442 and team press and 2-0 up against a guy and it turned itself off.
    He turned in 3 crosses to his prime Del Piero who at practically the exact same spot for all 3 goals volleyed them in first time.
    By the time I coped it has turned itself off I was 5-3 down. Back on and I nick a goal at the end to win 6-5.

The missus or as I call her “the harbinger of death” of course interrupted me during a game as I was winning and ended up losing means I have only 5 games left at 13 wins. I honestly don’t even feel like doing them but will get to 14 anyway I suppose.

If you'd offered me 14-14 at the start of the weekend, I'd have been happy. But going from 11-6 to 14-14 stings a bit. 17 felt a real possibility but then just hit that brick wall.

Ah well, two picks is two picks. Its an improvement over the last few weeks.

Gave away two wins with the two spare games I had. Both celebrated the own goals by running the length of the pitch to the corner flag to celebrate....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lord TSC wrote: »

Gave away two wins with the two spare games I had. Both celebrated the own goals by running the length of the pitch to the corner flag to celebrate....

Extremely good and fun game design that you're not allowed to quit until your opponent is finished mocking you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement