Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Had been flip flopping between coins or untradeables so appreciate the heads up on the first owner stuff.

Thrilled to see rewards are back to 2000 points too. Will make it easier to ignore rivals next week and focus on whatever Icon objectives go up.

Oh, that paid off. Untradeable Salah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Oh, that paid off. Untradeable Salah :D

Fair play! I've taken tradeable, which I may regret. Waiting for the WL rewards and opening together later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Only started playing this on Monday, packed Icaridi gold last night and sold him for 70K :D

Opened up the tradeables, couldn't wait. Chiellini and Lloris as the best. Worked out well, prob around 100k in there from all the players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Plea and Bergwijn as my reds. Happy with Bergwijn, perfect link to Malen which is an insane double combo for a squad down the line.

Red Hernandez. Not great, but not bad. 93 pace on a LB.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Best I got was a Gold Icard. Took all tradeables. Bit disappointed with that!

Pizzle wrote: »
    Best I got was a Gold Icard. Took all tradeables. Bit disappointed with that!

what division and rank?

I only got rank 2 in div 3 after all and best i packed was a Thiago, who i've packed 6 times now. hes worth feck all for an 87.
    They really need to up the reward for playing the game and at least try and close the gap on the amount of coins you can make from playing the menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

A huge 3500 coins or something and 2 gold packs and a jumbo :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

RossieMan wrote: »
    what division and rank?

I only got rank 2 in div 3 after all and best i packed was a Thiago, who i've packed 6 times now. hes worth feck all for an 87.
    They really need to up the reward for playing the game and at least try and close the gap on the amount of coins you can make from playing the menus.

Gold 3 in Fut Champions and Div 2 in Rivals.

Fairly shocking rewards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Rashford, Anderson, Thiago Silva and Thiago packed today. Will throw them all together in a Hybrid and see where it takes me.

Got Rooney while getting rid of a lot of gold untradables in an SBC.

I wonder will he go up in price ? Bound to be a flashback Rooney but will it be before his move

Pizzle wrote: »
    Gold 3 in Fut Champions and Div 2 in Rivals.

Fairly shocking rewards!

but sure you could be division 9 and opening up gold packs! Rank means nothing if its a crappy division.

I personally find 50k packs this year absolutely awful, i've opened about 10 and have gotten a board once. The 55k(Rare Mega) have been by far the best pack for me.

Lads, investing 65k into an Umtiti. Reckon he's worth it? As said previously, I really hate the idea of having to invest so much into a normal rare gold card, but am thinking of trying this out....

0L2dwSv.jpg

Bergwijn is because I love Malen so much and want to run a two striker formation with him in it, so Bergwijn seems a natural fit. But with Umtiti, it's trying to tie together that Hernandez, N'Dombele and Ter Stegen (all of which are untradeable).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Not the best packs for me lately... untradeable div rivals rewards - Diego Costa and Guedes in the one pack, the rest ****e :(

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

Anyone try out flashback Walcott yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Nothing of note from untradables but gonna stick with them.

Not playing enough to save or trade my way to an elite card so pack luck is going to be my only option

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I needed another Juventus player to complete the Strong Start sbc and packed 3 of them in my Rivals rewards this morning!

Nothing else of note really from Division 6 rank 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Hogey007 wrote: »
    They’ve released pitch notes to say that some of the icon swap objectives will require first owner cards......now what’s the quickest way to get first owner cards?? Load up your fifa points!

Ah no, they mightn’t be too bad, might be just something win x matches with at least 4 first owner premier league cards etc.
    Jamey did say they’ll be achievable to all users.
    So we shouldn’t see the hardness of the score a header with a first owner German

I’d def advise everyone planning on attempting it to take untradeable rewards today to build up first owner cards.

My reading of the pitch notes was that you'd probably need a full first owner squad for certain objections. I wonder if there'll be daily/weekly objectives all the way through to December for Icon swaps. I don't know how accessible they'll really be to everyone. The first owner thing does just seem like a very cynical way to encourage people to buy FIFA points.

I'm going to be away for ~2 weeks, so if I miss enough of the objectives to make it impossible for me to get an icon, I'd probably just take the coins/tradeable packs for div rivals/fut champions in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I reckon one of them will be a full prem first owner squad given the amount of prem icons in the swaps... probably will be rivals wins too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Nothing from Div 5 Rank 1 but the Gold 3 WL rewards more than made up for it:

traore.jpgjorginho.jpggriezmann.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

73R2K4b.jpg

Doing a first owner RTG (because I haven't the time to compete with kids playing all day). Really need a better RW, Wilson is dreadful. I keep getting good Serie A players (I have Pjanic on the bench) my team was Serie A last year so was hoping for something new this year.

Finding it very hard to want to play the game much..

i know poeple are saying they have changed from SBC's to more objective based but the onyl objective ive enjoyed was the Ndombele one.

Atleast you knew what you were getting, grinding games for xp to unlock so stupid vanity item is a terrible idea and just doesn't work in fifa as well as it does in games such as fortnite or apex.

i use to enjoy plugging away at SBC's on the phone but the only new one's we've gotten is a stupidly priced walcott and one impossible to complete unless your willing to spend 10k on juve players....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Won't be long until they start charging extra for a battlepass to unlock this stuff like Apex and Fortnite do.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Won't be long until they start charging extra for a battlepass to unlock this stuff like Apex and Fortnite do.

wouldnt mind that if the game was free to play...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Haven't played a Fifa since 17, but decided to go ahead and get this one and play a bit.

I've had 5 matches online so far and have been kicked out of all of them. Is there a glitch or what's happening. My internet is fine, can't see me playing this much if it has this sort of issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Sold that Griezmann along with a few other things and couldn't resist :D

Screenshot-2019-10-10-at-15-49-18.png

Im hoping icon prices drop when the objectives hit tomorrow. I want Roy Keane, and can't be arsed waiting until December to get his prime.

IF Bergwijn is so, so much fun. Have him up front with Malen and he’s 11 goals, 5 assists in 9 games. With the pace of those two, and apromes and Salah up front, it’s counter attacking fun :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Got Theo Hernandez from red pick, happy enough with that, will need to change a couple of players to work him in, with untradeable otw Ben yedder, otw ndombele and otw maxim I might even just go French for time being, a lot of class French players.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement